Muscle Meds (Carnivore)

kukuies420

kukuies420

Awards
Has anyone tried Carnivore??? I'm currently drinking syntha-6 by BSN but I want to try carnivore.... Is it good?? Or should I stay with Syntha-6

retrofitted

Awards
MM Carnivor is a decent whey substitute if you're fond of fruit flavored proteins, but there are so many choices in that price range that have excellent profiles. Ultimately your protein supplement is not going to be anywhere as significant as your whole food diet so take protein shakes with a grain of salt. That being said, if you're buying Syntha on a regular basis, you'd most likely be better off using a highly rated whey like iForce Nutrition's Protean, which has been reviewed and almost universally loved by many members of AM, or Trutein. Their profiles, flavors, and consistency are tough to beat.

Remember...whey is a supplement. Eat real food, don't sweat your supplementary choices so much.

diezel

Awards
  • Established
Chocolate Carnivore tastes like Swiss Miss. This is one of my favorite protein powders.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
its not bad, chocolate is probably the best flavor out of that. Other good options are Protean, I like XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 (taste is good, profile might be a bit harder to fit in your macros compared to others), a pure isolate product like iso-100 if you're calorie conscious. Syntha 6 is a decent blend, so if you like it then stick to it

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Has anyone tried Carnivore??? I'm currently drinking syntha-6 by BSN but I want to try carnivore.... Is it good?? Or should I stay with Syntha-6
Carnivor is what Im using now....

MUSCLES1227

MUSCLES1227

Awards
I've take Carnivor and I like it better that any whey protein isolate that I have ever taken. Carnivor is loaded with BCAAs and has about 2.5 grams of creatine in it. Chocolate is the better flavor. Also my recovery after a workout is a lot faster than being on a whey protein isolate for me. Beef based protein #1 in my opinion.

kukuies420

kukuies420

Awards
Thanks, I'll try carnivore then, but does that make u gassy too? Cuz I know drinking Syntha-6 makes u gassy!

MUSCLES1227

MUSCLES1227

Awards
Gassey...not for me but when I wake up in the mornings always have to take a #2.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Carnivor is good, got to go with chocolate. But it doesn't compare to syntha6 in taste.

If u pick up carnivor keep in mind its a totally different type of protein.

Syntha6 in my opinion is the best tasting, but we are not in it cause I like cup cakes, right

crewchief182

crewchief182

Awards
I've take Carnivor and I like it better that any whey protein isolate that I have ever taken. Carnivor is loaded with BCAAs and has about 2.5 grams of creatine in it. Chocolate is the better flavor. Also my recovery after a workout is a lot faster than being on a whey protein isolate for me. Beef based protein #1 in my opinion.
Took the words right out of my mouth. So happy to be free of the bloating, gas and other issues associated with whey. Truly an innovative product, and will be all I use from here on out. A very clean protein.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What did you wind up going with bud?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Took the words right out of my mouth. So happy to be free of the bloating, gas and other issues associated with whey. Truly an innovative product, and will be all I use from here on out. A very clean protein.
Yeah... Using it currently...
They got carnivor mass out now but it's 120g of carbs or so...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Carnivor is utter garbage. Essentially the only protein source they use is collagen. Easily one of the worst, if not the worst, protein powder on the market.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Carnivor is utter garbage. Essentially the only protein source they use is collagen. Easily one of the worst, if not the worst, protein powder on the market.
How u feel about that Syntha? ;)

JosNYC

Awards
I've used carnivore and it was terrible. I actually felt better after eating a can of tuna fish instead of carnivore. Syntha 6= trash. Favorite protein used was probolic= taste like crap but my body got everything it needed all night and day.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It's ok. What's wrong with premium blends (trutein, xf ultra peptide 2.0) or more economical but tasty/quality proteins (myofusion, dymatize).
Good stuff...

Not a fan of myo... & never tasted dymatize; I'll have to try it.

dvr2470

Awards
Are there any real advantages of beef protein over whey protein? Which one is absorbed faster? Which one has a better amino acid profile?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Are there any real advantages of beef protein over whey protein? Which one is absorbed faster? Which one has a better amino acid profile?
It doesn't matter because MuscleMeds cleverly disguises their collagen under the term "hydrolyzed beef protein." Kind of how other companies disguise trans fats under "mono and di-glycerides." The difference here is that Carnivor uses collagen as its only protein source.

JosNYC

Awards
It's ok. What's wrong with premium blends (trutein, xf ultra peptide 2.0) or more economical but tasty/quality proteins (myofusion, dymatize).
Are there significant differences between XF ultrapeptide 2.0, Trutean and Myo,dyma?

I'm using both Myo and dyma, never had any complaints but have always been curious on higher quality proteins such as those referrenced.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Are there significant differences between XF ultrapeptide 2.0, Trutean and Myo,dyma?

I'm using both Myo and dyma, never had any complaints but have always been curious on higher quality proteins such as those referrenced.
Ultra Peptide 2.0 is definitely the best tasting. Trutein is a lower calorie premium blend. Myo is essentially a blend of WPC and Rice Protein. Dymatize is quality and economical.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ultra Peptide 2.0 is definitely the best tasting. Trutein is a lower calorie premium blend. Myo is essentially a blend of WPC and Rice Protein. Dymatize is quality and economical.
Coop guides us through supplemental mistakes...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
you're not saying there's deception in the industry, are you??

:blink:

i miss the only true beef protein i'm aware ever existed - Ultra Size from Beverly..
actually cried when they quit making it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its not bad, chocolate is probably the best flavor out of that. Other good options are Protean, I like XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 (taste is good, profile might be a bit harder to fit in your macros compared to others), a pure isolate product like iso-100 if you're calorie conscious. Syntha 6 is a decent blend, so if you like it then stick to it
I used primal by dymatize which is that beef protein.. both flavors fruit punch and blue rasp.. it was good at first.. but then i couldn't just get it down. My fruit flavored isolates.. i stick to syntrax nectar.. i no the companies history and what they did.. but until someone can flavor theres like them.. i have to do it. This is a good contest prep,

I-Force Protean Vanilla Mint + Syntrax Cherry Isolate.. yippiee!