Movies and tv shows discussion

Has anyone seen 11.22.63? It was originally on Hulu in 2016 and Netflix brought it over. It’s pretty good. There’s 8 episodes to it.

yes very good show and interesting as @3ChainedAminos .. im sure the book is awesome .. is it titled the same ? i might have to pick it up not much a reader here but here and there ill get into it
 
One of the few shows I’ve actually seen, my wife read the book so we watched the show together, pretty good show! Me and my wife actually went to where JFK was assassinated after we watched the show, kind of brought it all together in a cool/weird way.
That’s cool! I’d like to go to just to see it in the same way you explained, a weird / cool way to see a spot where history was made.
 
i started following this dude on facebook who posts all about scary movies

holy shyt tubi got some crazy stupid horror shyt .. right up my alley lol
 
new show this year out called PONIES with the girl from white lotus. two American girls in basically KGB Russia in the 1970s, we only watched the pilot so far but it seems pretty OK!
 
latest what ive seen and all worth a watch

his & her - series on netflix ( thriller/suspense)
rip - new ben afleck & mat damon new movie
the wrecking crew - batista & j mamoa movie .. great comedy action
the housemaid - only saw it for syndey boobiess but surprising a great film lol

I really enjoyed The Wrecking Crew. ... My kind of movie (when I'm not watching sci-fi).
 
I really enjoyed The Wrecking Crew. ... My kind of movie (when I'm not watching sci-fi).

yeah bc u eat steroid for breakfast too lol jk jk

great jokes in it for sure
 
Has anyone see One Battle After Another? I’m very interested to see what someone else’s view of this movie is. I thought it was going to be amazing, but didn’t know much about it going in. To me, it was literally made to glamorize Antifa/ the extreme left.
 
On Netflix recommended the film Bombardment. Very well done on actual RAF mission in 1945.
Also, Nr. 24, another very well done Norwegian WW2 film. The actual participant was alive during film and is in the film. Truly excellent.
On youtube:
Sisu 2022 film. excellent over the top Finnish WW2 theme.
Sisu 2,As happens with sequels much less than original as you know what to expect. Still watchable.
Many Russian made WW2 theme films on youtube. All very well done with excellent characters and attention to technical details.
 
What's good lately, fellas?

Ive got Netflix and prime....and lots of time lol
 
Has anyone see One Battle After Another? I’m very interested to see what someone else’s view of this movie is. I thought it was going to be amazing, but didn’t know much about it going in. To me, it was literally made to glamorize Antifa/ the extreme left.
Yeah, I started this and it seemed gay af
 
Is it worth watching all these Walking Dead?

I watched ghe first season, years ago, and now ive noticed there is like 15 seasons, prequels, spin offs....I dont even know where to begin
 
Is it worth watching all these Walking Dead?

I watched ghe first season, years ago, and now ive noticed there is like 15 seasons, prequels, spin offs....I dont even know where to begin
I watched it when it was airing up until about the 4th season, I personally thought it got pretty weak. I also tried the first spinoff, can’t remember the name, but I couldn’t do it. 15 seasons plus the spin offs is a massive commitment I feel like could be spent on something better lol.
 
Is it worth watching all these Walking Dead?

I watched ghe first season, years ago, and now ive noticed there is like 15 seasons, prequels, spin offs....I dont even know where to begin
I just got over the whole, cant shoot straight until the plot demands it and the fact that they have been in a zombie apocolypse for like 15 years and still make the same mistakes like letting themselves get corner by slow ass zombies or trusting strangers lol
 
Yeah, it's like sensory overload with some of this stuff...

I try to find something to watch to distract my mind from all the bs in the world, but end up scrolling through endless series until I give up
 
Watched The Runner (on Prime ), with Gal Gadot. It was a Little formulaic, and a Little cheesy, but I enjoyed it, as a zone out "save your son", action movie. And ... Gadot is gorgeous, IMO.

 
Here is a list of TV shows I have watched somewhat recently according to stremio and really enjoyed. Used AI to add little descriptions.
  • The Terror: Masterclass horror anthology; suffocating survival dread, historical tension, and eerie supernatural isolation.
  • Gen V / The Boys: Brutal, cynical, and bloody satire dismantling corporate superhero tropes with zero filter.
  • Widow's Bay: Unsettling Lovecraftian horror meets dry, quirky comedy on a cursed, Wi-Fi-less island.
  • His & Hers: Twisted psychological thriller full of unreliable narrators, shifting perspectives, and dark secrets.
  • Gangs of London: Relentless, hyper-violent crime saga featuring some of the best choreographed action on TV.
  • IT: Welcome to Derry: Deep-dive Stephen King prequel unpacking Derry’s bloody history and cosmic horror origins.
  • Andor: Gritty, realistic political thriller that turns Star Wars into an intense, grounded spy drama.
  • The Eternaut: Apocalyptic, claustrophobic survival story following a group resisting an alien invasion in snow-covered Buenos Aires.
  • Daredevil: Dark, street-level Marvel masterpiece anchored by visceral hallway fights and incredible villain arcs.
  • Reacher: No-nonsense, heavy-hitting action mystery starring an unstoppable human tank solving small-town conspiracies.
  • Fallout: Darkly hilarious, pitch-perfect video game adaptation filled with retro-futuristic gore and wasteland survival.
  • The Penguin: Gritty, Sopranos-style mob drama tracking Oz Cobb’s brutal rise through Gotham’s underworld.
  • House of the Dragon: Visually massive political drama packed with royal backstabbing, bloody civil war, and dragons.
  • The Son: Sprawling, violent Texas western following the brutal rise of a ruthless oil and cattle dynasty.
  • Mob Land: Gritty, slow-burn crime thriller where small-town desperation collides head-on with mob violence.
  • The Brothers Sun: Fast-paced action comedy blending lethal Taiwanese triad martial arts with chaotic family drama.
  • Warrior: Adrenaline-fueled period martial arts drama packed with brutal street fights and turf war politics.
  • The Gentlemen: Stylish, witty Guy Ritchie crime spree full of aristocratic weed empires and eccentric gangsters.
  • All Her Fault: Tense, parent-focused psychological mystery triggered by every family's worst nightmare scenario.
  • Fool Me Once: Fast-moving Harlan Coben mystery packed with ridiculous twists, hidden secrets, and sudden reveals.
  • Wolf (2023): Unhinged British thriller blending a hostage nightmare with a creepy, mind-bending detective investigation.
 
I rarely start a series, partly because the few that I tend to like usually seem to get cancelled pretty quickly.

But I Did just start a few.

I enjoy Sci-fi, and Sci-fi/Comedy. I also sometimes enjoy some Serious action (old habits).

I started watching Lanterns on HBO MAX. It's a pretty serious "Green Lantern" series. Kyle Chandler is Earth's Lantern, and he's reluctantly training his replacement. It does have some sarcastic humor, and it is Very good so far. There have only been a few episodes so far. An hour each.

The next 2 are Sci-Fi, with a lot of comedy.

President Curtis:
A Rick and Morty spin off. I'm enjoying it so far.

Stewart Fails to Save the Universe:
(A Big Bang spin off).
An unexpected amount of Sci-fi, with a Lot of Big Bang type humor.
I like it so far.
 
Back
Top