Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The Rundown is awesome. Its wild when you think about it but The Rock was "small" in that movie compared to now.
Yeah, I think it's my favorite movie he's in, so far.

I'm glad to hear about the opening song for Jungle Cruise. I think a lot of people are under the impression that it's just a kids movie. Everyone I mentioned it to so far hasn't shown any interest.
If my buddy calls later and wants to see a movie, I'll see if he's interested in that one.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
they have fresh Prince on HBO and the resolution looks good! man old sitcoms were so much better

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I watched "Nobody" a couple of days ago (while I was recouperating from overdoing it in the heat at work).

I thought it was decent.
For me it was kinda odd watching Odenkirk play a "tough guy", because I've really only watched him as a comedian.
I haven't watched any of his newer (serious) TV stuff.

BTW, he just had a small heart attack on set.
I saw that one when it first came out .. being better call Saul fan had to watch it on opening day and I thought it was pretty good

Kinda was like John wick vibe

Oh wow @heart attack hopefullly is allright

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I saw that one when it first came out .. being better call Saul fan had to watch it on opening day and I thought it was pretty good

Kinda was like John wick vibe

Oh wow @heart attack hopefullly is allright
Yeah, he seems to be doing well.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_0065.JPG

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Late to the game on this one, Rick & Morty

I’m on season 2 already! It’s funky as hell.

Season one had a juice/lifting bit that was cool.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I watch film noir from the 40s and 50s and neo noir from the 70s+ and forgotten gritty films from any period. Pre-code Hollywood and European are good as are independent ones made 60s+.

Used to be avid weekend new film goer for decades. Have not been since Dec 2015 due to lack of interest of what is offered.

My recommend list would fill pages....

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
heard lots of hype about titanic when it came out and was so disappointed that now i only take grandkids to see animated movies...i try to avoid disney even though i give in to grandkids---i hate supporting chines communists, it's not like we don't have enough American communists these days, ;):)
The best Titanic film is A Night to Remember. Factually done and a good story. Titanic crew survivors were used as tech. advisors. Kid worthy as I saw it as a kiddie.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Suicide squad is def on a watch list .. last one was horrrible but i have high hopes for james gunn directing this

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got my tickets to Suicide Squad this saturday. From the trailers it looks like a fun (bloody) time!
Ok so I went to the movies and watched this on saturday.

This was absolutely an R-rated film, very much violence and gore also with raunchy humor and at one point a penis! I had high hopes from the trailers and actors ans while they didnt dissapoint the movie didnt really live up (my own) hype. I think im growing a bit tired of the Harley Quinn character and some of the humor didnt hit like i wanted. Im not against gore either, but there is a right way of doing it and a wrong. Unfortunately some of the time they used it in this movie I felt it was a bit much.

I did love the back and forth between Idris Alba and John Cena and SPOILERS IN WHITE TEXT Really looking forward to the Peacemaker series. Also it was hysterical to hear Sylvester Stallone voice a huge shark god.

Overall id give it a 7/10 and I feel its a movie best suited for the Cinema. But if you have HBO Max you get it "for free" there.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok so I went to the movies and watched this on saturday.

This was absolutely an R-rated film, very much violence and gore also with raunchy humor and at one point a penis! I had high hopes from the trailers and actors ans while they didnt dissapoint the movie didnt really live up (my own) hype. I think im growing a bit tired of the Harley Quinn character and some of the humor didnt hit like i wanted. Im not against gore either, but there is a right way of doing it and a wrong. Unfortunately some of the time they used it in this movie I felt it was a bit much.

I did love the back and forth between Idris Alba and John Cena and SPOILERS IN WHITE TEXT Really looking forward to the Peacemaker series. Also it was hysterical to hear Sylvester Stallone voice a huge shark god.

Overall id give it a 7/10 and I feel its a movie best suited for the Cinema. But if you have HBO Max you get it "for free" there.
7/10 is a good rating .. esp for a DC movie lol

thanks for putting it in white .. plan on watching it maybe this wed.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meanswhile, TCM had an Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein(+Dracula + Wolfman), Invisible Man, The Mummy, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, marathon on Saturday night. All wonderful and especially the first. Love the dialogue: Long Chaney jr. advising Costello when the full moon comes out he turns into a wolf and Costello replies "You and half a million other guys.."

There is the prescient comment in the Dr. Jekyll film "If Dr's did not experiment they would never find a new cure..." well, well, well....

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
any1 catch the quiet place 2 ?

i thought the 1st one was pretty good .. this one's on my list to watch as well

also hitmans wife boyguard .. loved the first one , very funny with ryan renolds & samuel J great chemistry

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
any1 catch the quiet place 2 ?

i thought the 1st one was pretty good .. this one's on my list to watch as well

also hitmans wife boyguard .. loved the first one , very funny with ryan renolds & samuel J great chemistry
Yeah, I saw QP2.
I liked it. I did miss John K's deceased character, but he did have a good bit of "call-back" scenes.

It seems that he's a great director.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I saw QP2.
I liked it. I did miss John K's deceased character, but he did have a good bit of "call-back" scenes.

It seems that he's a great director.
yup super talented actor .. check out his jack ryan show on prime if you like the whole tom clancy stuff

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This week is the start of the new Marvel series: What If... really looking forward to see how they change up the timeline with that. The ending of Loki built up to this and the series will be Canon as well. So a animated series that is canon to the MCU, pretty crazy.

Also on saturday ill go and see Free Guy, its apparently very good!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hbo max, music box, the first episode based on Woodstock 99….This shitt is intense !

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Loki - finished 2 episodes i think im starting to gain interest back in .. have to watch it alone so can focus.

Also saw "Malace at the palace" - its about the pacers/pistons brawl .. very good documentary and put together by netflix.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Loki - finished 2 episodes i think im starting to gain interest back in .. have to watch it alone so can focus.
Yeah keep going, it only gets better. Its absolutely a show where you have to focus to get anything from it. So no cell phone or anything while watching. Also good to get it done now as What If.. started today. Going to watch the first episode tonight! Staying away from Youtube until i do, dont want no spoilers!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First episode of What If? Was really good! Only negative I have about it is that it moved so fast. But that cant be helped, i guess nobody wanted to watch a 2 hours Captain America remake with slight changes haha. But I really enjoyed it and im looking forward to seeing what they do with this series.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Free Guy was amazing! I saw it had a better weekend box office than The Suicide Squad which is mind blowing.

Id say its once of the best movies to come out this summer. If you are into pop culture and gaming you will absolutely love this movie. There are some really good cameos in it and one scene in particular got the biggest pop ive heard in my cinema since Captain America picked up Mjolnir.

8/10

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Free Guy was amazing! I saw it had a better weekend box office than The Suicide Squad which is mind blowing.

Id say its once of the best movies to come out this summer. If you are into pop culture and gaming you will absolutely love this movie. There are some really good cameos in it and one scene in particular got the biggest pop ive heard in my cinema since Captain America picked up Mjolnir.

8/10
Not into gaming at all, but this movie has caught my interest. Glad to hear you liked it.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First episode of What If? Was really good! Only negative I have about it is that it moved so fast. But that cant be helped, i guess nobody wanted to watch a 2 hours Captain America remake with slight changes haha. But I really enjoyed it and im looking forward to seeing what they do with this series.
What If? Episode 2 was even better than the first one! In this we see T'Challa take on he role as Star Lord. If you are deep into the MCU and Marvel this episode was a gold mine of references. I am really enjoying these.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Season 3 Car Masters Netflix….Come for the cool car and shop vibe…stay for that hot babe that really works on cars, and knows them inside and out!
-
S.Squad movie, eh didn’t do anything for me.
-
Hate the Cowboys but watching Hard Knocks anyway….Their gym is sickkk
-
Netflix is getting Seinfeld in October…Maybe all these nerds that prefer ‘friends’ will give it a serious watch/binge and realize who The GOAT is….

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any fans of Wu Tang ?

I was and still am fan of them .. ofcourse living in NY you cant really hate them

but the season 2 just came out on hulu .. season1 was very well done, produced and written by RZA ( wu tang producer )

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any fans of Wu Tang ?

I was and still am fan of them .. ofcourse living in NY you cant really hate them

but the season 2 just came out on hulu .. season1 was very well done, produced and written by RZA ( wu tang producer )
Yep, used to listen to a lot growing up. Didn't know about the documentary series.

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep, used to listen a lot growing up. Didn't know about the documentary series.
yup you will enjoy it .. very well done and at the end of the season they interview real members and they all confirm how accurate it is

just the struggle and hard work they had put in to get to where they are ..pretty amazing.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
^ big fan…watched the first season on hbo I think or some other network…Or maybe I had a free month of Hulu? Can’t remember….

The Nas Illmatic documentary is great too

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^ big fan…watched the first season on hbo I think or some other network…Or maybe I had a free month of Hulu? Can’t remember….

The Nas Illmatic documentary is great too
Oh yea I’ve see the nas one as well .. that was pretty good too

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ah never mind…What I watched was with the actual members called “of mics and men” that was great!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
On U-verse, AXS has become one of my favorite channels.
All kinds of Concerts, Musicians/Bands/Celebrity interviews, etc.....

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ah never mind…What I watched was with the actual members called “of mics and men” that was great!
oh yea thats the showtime one .. i was referring it to american sage on hulu .. not a documentary type .. but an actual show of all of them with showing the vision that RZA had for everyone and brought them all together

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Trailer for Matrix Resurrections dropped yesterday and man oh man im hyped for that one!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Trailer for Matrix Resurrections dropped yesterday and man oh man im hyped for that one!
spiderman comes out a week before .. and then matrix .. gonna be nice Xmas

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saw a few recent releases:
Invisible Man (2020). Not bad. Suspense was ok. I did not like the lead. I loved how the cop quickly turned on her when it was his kid or her.
Under the Silver Lake (2018) Interesting film. Ideal for the slacker, loser generation. A nerd's dream of having hot women everywhere and they easily converse and are somewhat interested in the most unmanly males. Plus the added benefit that said nerd is easily allowed into awesome parties and social events without being vetted.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Y: The Last Man
Finished ep 3 and no sex. The last man should be laying the pipe 24/7 with all women to restart mankind.

They should have a scene where he is in bed with 5 women and there is a line of women waiting outside his bedroom.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any horror flicks/shows fan ?

I am watching the last season of american horror story .. and pretty impressed .. very good show and well written and directed

i heard they are based on real serial killers as well .. might go back and watch the season where they based it off HHH

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Two new gen westerns with old gen leads:
News of the World. 2020. Tom Hanks in the lead.
The Homesman. 2014. Tommy Lee Jones.-ok not so recent. Was to me and I do my best to keep current.

and new style crime drama. Dragged Across the Concrete, 2018. Mel Gibson.

Last edited:
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Watched Dune this weekend (we get it 1 month early here in Europe) and man was that a beautiful film.
If you get a chance i highly recommend seeing it on the big screen. The scenery, sound and everything was just picture perfect.
It does suck thats its "Part 1" and we probably have to wait years for part 2. But go see it!

Both me and my partner loved it so much that the next day we sat down and watched the 1984 Dune movie just for shits and giggles. That one is a rough watch haha.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Watched Dune this weekend (we get it 1 month early here in Europe) and man was that a beautiful film.
If you get a chance i highly recommend seeing it on the big screen. The scenery, sound and everything was just picture perfect.
It does suck thats its "Part 1" and we probably have to wait years for part 2. But go see it!

Both me and my partner loved it so much that the next day we sat down and watched the 1984 Dune movie just for shits and giggles. That one is a rough watch haha.
I was pretty annoyed that the US is getting it released so late. One of my favorite books and I’m pumped to eventually go see it.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Two new gen westerns with old gen leads:
News of the World. 2020. Tom Hanks in the lead.
The Homesman. 2014. Tommy Lee Jones.-ok not so recent. Was to me and I do my best to keep current.

and new style crime drama. Dragged Across the Concrete, 2018. Mel Gibson.
just saw the trailer of News of the world .. looks pretty nice but one of those slow starting show and needs your full attention.