Movies and tv shows discussion

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any1 started She hulk ?

2 episodes are out on disney+ .. funny entertaining so far .. CGI effects are blahhhh
Yep, my wife and I are enjoying it a lot. I'm a total MCU fanboy though, they would have to mess a show up pretty bad for me to give it even a middling review.

I appreciate the varying tones and genres that the different series have had so far. They've all got their own styles and creative flares. Really helps to keep things fresh.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep, my wife and I are enjoying it a lot. I'm a total MCU fanboy though, they would have to mess a show up pretty bad for me to give it even a middling review.

I appreciate the varying tones and genres that the different series have had so far. They've all got their own styles and creative flares. Really helps to keep things fresh.
Yup agree.

love marvel .. cant wait for frank castle's punisher

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any1 started She hulk ?

2 episodes are out on disney+ .. funny entertaining so far .. CGI effects are blahhhh
Watched episode 1 last weekend, enjoyed it. Watching second episode tomorrow.

Seeing alot of negativity online about it being very anti men etc. I can see where they are coming from. I found the whole "i can controll my anger much better than you Bruce because im being cat called all the time" was a bit over the top. Especially when we know everything Bruce has been through. But you cant take any of that serious. I just want to enjoy my saturday evening, kick back with a Ben&Jerry and watch a Marvel show without having to analyze everything.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Watched episode 1 last weekend, enjoyed it. Watching second episode tomorrow.

Seeing alot of negativity online about it being very anti men etc. I can see where they are coming from. I found the whole "i can controll my anger much better than you Bruce because im being cat called all the time" was a bit over the top. Especially when we know everything Bruce has been through. But you cant take any of that serious. I just want to enjoy my saturday evening, kick back with a Ben&Jerry and watch a Marvel show without having to analyze everything.
Yeah people just like to complaint about everything.

They show in episode 1 bruce teaching her stuff and his experiences and people are still complaining .. ben & jerry sounds good lol

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
.. ben & jerry sounds good lol
I have a Cookie Dough Switch Up ready for tomorrow!

What about House Of Dragons? Anyone gotten into that? Im saving it for tomorrow but the buzz online is that its really good.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Started "MIKE" Last night, a documentary on Mike Tyson. Pretty dam funny and learning alot about Mike is his younger days

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

What about House Of Dragons? Anyone gotten into that? Im saving it for tomorrow but the buzz online is that its really good.
nah not my cup of tea - house of dragons

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Started "MIKE" Last night, a documentary on Mike Tyson. Pretty dam funny and learning alot about Mike is his younger days
oh thats interesting .. he trained a gym about 3-4hrs away from where i live
he was a crazy dude for sure

where do you watch that ? hulu special ?

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
oh thats interesting .. he trained a gym about 3-4hrs away from where i live
he was a crazy dude for sure

where do you watch that ? hulu special ?
Yes, just dropped last night. Its a reenactment and kind of hard to understand the guy playing Mike, his lisp is pretty heavy. It's definitely worth a watch

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, just dropped last night. Its a reenactment and kind of hard to understand the guy playing Mike, his lisp is pretty heavy. It's definitely worth a watch

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Yes I've watched, and enjoyed, the first episode. I also read the book that it is based on.

As with the first ~4/5 seasons of GoT: if they stick to the stuff that Martin wrote then it's going to be an amazing series. The more they veer off course...well, we all saw how GoT finished.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sprung on freevee

A low level criminal is released early because of covid and has to return to crime to pay rent and food. This show is freaking hilarious.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sprung on freevee

A low level criminal is released early because of covid and has to return to crime to pay rent and food. This show is freaking hilarious.
just saw the trailer, looks pretty funny .. kinda has that "my name is earl" vibe to it which i loved as well .. not for everyone

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just saw the trailer, looks pretty funny .. kinda has that "my name is earl" vibe to it which i loved as well .. not for everyone
Sprung guy created My Name is Earl, Greg Garcia. The episode with the Serbians is crazy funny, Ep 3 from Sprung

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sprung guy created My Name is Earl, Greg Garcia. The episode with the Serbians is crazy funny, Ep 3 from Sprung
I'll have to check it out. "My Name is Earl" was hilarious!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Started this .. 3 episdes are out.
I am a huge fan of steve caroll .. mainly due to the office ..so had to jump on this.

pretty interesting .. if you are gonna watch it, dont watch a trailer.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm going to try to watch this over the weekend sometime, on HBO max.

moonfall-bg-own.jpg

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Its the Marvel presentation at Comic Con. Showing the Phase 6 slate.
Thanks!

Yeah, youtube has been trying to get me to watch that and I'm torn so I'm putting it off.

I hate spoilers, and I don't mean that statement the way other people probably do. I'm not just talking about an ending to a movie being spoiled, or some big plot point/reveal. I literally want to know as little as possible about a movie or show as I can before I watch it. For me, the ideal trailer would be a black screen with just the movie title, director, and leading cast members. It's weird, I'm weird, borderline neurotic about it.

I've already learned more than I wanted to about the upcoming movies/shows just by reading articles about stuff that was shown at D23.

It's a tough situation for me, and I recognize that it's entirely my problem, and I should probably change, but I haven't. I feel like I enjoy movies and shows better when they are as fresh as possible. I've read so many books and watched sooo many shows and movies over the years that, for me, it feels like I can take a trailer and basically figure out the entire plot, climax and resolution to the story before even seeing it.

All that being said, I'm VERY excited about what's in the pipeline for the MCU!

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dahmer
Dahmer is the cooking show you always wanted to see.

And Andor hits today.
I am the biggest Star Wars fan eva

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dahmer
Dahmer is the cooking show you always wanted to see.

And Andor hits today.
I am the biggest Star Wars fan eva
View attachment 222374

By Dahmer you mean the netflix series that is dropping today ? if so i am very exited about it .. i am huge serial killer documentary fan and learning that psychological aspect intrigues me very much.

Star wars - i love it, but not like some fanatics .. i enjoyed mandalorian & boba fett alot.

What you thought of Obi-Wan ?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By Dahmer you mean the netflix series that is dropping today ? if so i am very exited about it .. i am huge serial killer documentary fan and learning that psychological aspect intrigues me very much.

Star wars - i love it, but not like some fanatics .. i enjoyed mandalorian & boba fett alot.

The Mandalorian is the best SW series. Obi-Wan was ok. I wish they would make a SW series similar to The Peacemaker, gruesome death and comedy.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You gotta see Andor. This is right up there with The Mandalorian and Ep 3 is tight. Obi Wan and Boba Fett just didn't do anything for me but Andor hit a home run. This is gonna be great. Now on to my favorite cooking show, Dahmer.

Dahmer is freaking creepy af. They don't milk it, the show starts off with a bang.

Spoiler alert, he opens the fridge and a human head is in it lol. You gotta see this show.

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im watching Dahmer right now

damn they did a nice job with casting the guy

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s a tough watch.
yeah it is ..i was binge watching until episode 6 .. when they got into the family thing i had to take a break from it.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Just finished, def wasn't easy to finish .. got a lil touching, i took a day break or i usually knock it out in a day at work.

Def worth a watch .. its not about just a serial , about the trial and prejudice that was going around that time too.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is Ethan Suplee. He has been in many shows and movies, including Butterfly Effect, Remember the Titans, and My Name is Earl.
He got depressed, and his weight ballooned up to 550lbs!. .... But look at him now! ...
Collage-Maker-01-Oct-2022-11-13-AM-750x422.jpg

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is Ethan Suplee. He has been in many shows and movies, including Butterfly Effect, Remember the Titans, and My Name is Earl.
He got depressed, and his weight ballooned up to 550lbs!. .... But look at him now! ...
View attachment 222873
Yeah, I've seen a few transformation pics and stories about him lately. Great achievement. A kind of a funny side note is, that some of his past acting roles have been the kind of roles, where he needed to look like he did. Or at the minimum worked in his favor in getting the roles. But I'm sure he can now get other types of roles, that were out of his reach before. If he still acts.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 222873

Yeah i followed him as well .. dude is amazing .. great actor as well

Glad he took care of himself .. its no joke, wish we still had bigPUN .. fat joe was another one who took his diet seriously after pun's death

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Super excited for this, I didn't watch the trailer cause I can't stand spoilers. I read the story (by Stephen King) and it was excellent. Coming to Netflix on Wednesday.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Super excited for this, I didn't watch the trailer cause I can't stand spoilers. I read the story (by Stephen King) and it was excellent. Coming to Netflix on Wednesday.

View attachment 222890
nice .. ill be on that too wed.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Andor Ep 6

This is how every SW movie/tv show should be - Gritty and powerful action.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@match did you ever ending up watching mr. harrigans phone ??

I saw it yesterday and thought it was pretty good,

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@match did you ever ending up watching mr. harrigans phone ??

I saw it yesterday and thought it was pretty good,
Yeah I watched it.

Not the worst adaptation. I don't remember the story from the book so well anymore (been a while since I read it). Ending felt a little lacking, but that's alright. They can't all be like Carrie, nor should they be. Glad you enjoyed it!

I'm currently reading Stephen King's newest book. It's a bit closer to his Dark Tower series than his other more recently published books.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I enjoyed this, and thought Stallone did a great job as an aging "Superhero".

MV5BYWZkZDI1ZWUtNjQ1Ny00ZjBlLWFiMjAtYTczOTc3NWM2YWM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzMjQ4NzEw._V1_.jpg

S

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone watched "The Son" with Pierce Brosnan? I really enjoyed that... looking for another serious crime/drama/action/period series to start.

On another side note, EVIL is another really good series, basically it is about a Priest in training, a skeptic forensic psychologist and an tech/scientist guy who investigate claims for the Church. Quite funny and unsettling at times, really makes you think.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone watched "The Son" with Pierce Brosnan? I really enjoyed that... looking for another serious crime/drama/action/period series to start.

On another side note, EVIL is another really good series, basically it is about a Priest in training, a skeptic forensic psychologist and an tech/scientist guy who investigate claims for the Church. Quite funny and unsettling at times, really makes you think.
EVIL - i agree, i think ive seen season 1 and not 2 .. or maybe i saw both .. i srsly cant remember .. but what ever season i watched i enjoyed it very much.

and i always loved michael emerson ( Ben linus from the lost ) so it was nice to see him on screen again.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finished She Hulk - disappointing all around ...finale sucked imo

@Sparta12 so looks like i never started EVIL season 2 ( i loved season1 and musta just forgot when i cancelled netflix about it ) .. binge watched 3 episodes, great start to it.

ZLB70

ZLB70

Awards

@Sparta12 so looks like i never started EVIL season 2 ( i loved season1 and musta just forgot when i cancelled netflix about it ) .. binge watched 3 episodes, great start to it.
Something told me that would be a bad movie

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Something told me that would be a bad movie
its a show .. yeah had potential just dont know what they were thinking .. made her look like a thot/wh0re on top of it .. like they couldnt come up with other stuff

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ZLB70

ZLB70

Awards
its a show .. yeah had potential just dont know what they were thinking .. made her look like a thot/wh0re on top of it .. like they couldnt come up with other stuff
Lol shows how much I was interested In it when I seen it pop up

S

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
EVIL - i agree, i think ive seen season 1 and not 2 .. or maybe i saw both .. i srsly cant remember .. but what ever season i watched i enjoyed it very much.

and i always loved michael emerson ( Ben linus from the lost ) so it was nice to see him on screen again.
He is so creepy in it haha, like a dweeb but you know he would probably kill you in a fucked way if you pushed it to far.

dude I love it, so different... season 3 is good too, **** is really heating up. Renewed for a 4th might be the last season. It has good ratings, but no one I speak to know about it, they need a new PR team haha