Movies and tv shows discussion

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
im almost done with bobba fet ( 3 episdoes left ) .. reacher one episode left .. both are great.

I said the same thing about alan ritchson, much better fitting "reacher" .. if you like alan and want a funny goofy comedy show to time pass ..

Yeah I remember him being in that. I also liked him in Titans. Even though that show kinda went downhill.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Boba Fett ended on a real high note! Next Star Wars show is Obi Wan, should be awesome.

I wanna recommend another show called Reacher. Its based on Lee Child Jack Reacher books (there are 26 of them). Ive read em all and i love it. Jack Reacher is 6'5 and 250 pounds in the books. The actor theyve chosen (Alan Ritchson) manifests that MUCH better than Tom Cruise in the 2 movies that came out. I binged the whole series this weekend and loved it.
Man I’m glad you posted this, I checked this out today and it is a great show!!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i just started watching the " Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch" last night.. pretty freakin wild.

Im a fan of oak island as well but after how many yrs and nothing... its getting boring. on this new show however, they found something in the first couple of episodes. I plan to watch a few more before I make a descision to binge it all the way through.

does anyone watch either of these treasure hunting shows?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i just started watching the " Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch" last night.. pretty freakin wild.

Im a fan of oak island as well but after how many yrs and nothing... its getting boring. on this new show however, they found something in the first couple of episodes. I plan to watch a few more before I make a descision to binge it all the way through.

does anyone watch either of these treasure hunting shows?
never got into oak island although my son in law really likes it...i never miss blind frog!!! (y)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

2 episodes left on the season .. so far i like it, def interesting .. brings back those napster days where you were downloading the "video" :)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
wife and I were instantly hooked on Yellowstone (as we are from MT) so naturally she wanted to watch the spinoff of the series 1883 (or sum sh17). it was a one season prequel to Yellowstone. it was a pretty good, with the exception of the main character, Tim Magraw the country singer. if I am being honest, his wife too, kinda ruined it. their acting was terrible. and in my eyes, there is nothing worse than letting anti-gun zealots play with guns in movies. fuk the both of them for more or less making the entire thing hardly worth the seat time when it could have otherwise been a decent watch.

Oh and earlier I brought up the blind frog ranch thing.. wtf !! that's some bizarre things going on.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wife and I were instantly hooked on Yellowstone (as we are from MT) so naturally she wanted to watch the spinoff of the series 1883 (or sum sh17). it was a one season prequel to Yellowstone. it was a pretty good, with the exception of the main character, Tim Magraw the country singer. if I am being honest, his wife too, kinda ruined it. their acting was terrible. and in my eyes, there is nothing worse than letting anti-gun zealots play with guns in movies. fuk the both of them for more or less making the entire thing hardly worth the seat time when it could have otherwise been a decent watch.

Oh and earlier I brought up the blind frog ranch thing.. wtf !! that's some bizarre things going on.
was really disappointed in yellowstone---i go back and watch the 1st seasons of longmire when i want to watch a western themed show.

blind frog started out really cool--but i think they are fvcking around with it too much, at least for my liking---will continue watching though since there aren't very many shows on that interest me.

old reruns of perry mason are very good, great show.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The new Wheel of Time series on Amazon Prime is fantastic. Only 4 or 5 episodes in but my wife and I are hooked. I read 6 or 7 of the WoT books so I figured I'd like it but it surprised me how good it is.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The new Wheel of Time series on Amazon Prime is fantastic. Only 4 or 5 episodes in but my wife and I are hooked. I read 6 or 7 of the WoT books so I figured I'd like it but it surprised me how good it is.
Time travel?

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Time travel?
Fantasy, closer to Game of Thrones than Lord of the Rings, but that genre. Somewhere in between each of those in many ways. Production values, casting and acting are all great in my opinion.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone here like K-horror? There's a great show on Netflix called "All of us are dead". It's about a zombie outbreak in a city in Korea and high schools kids trapped in their school struggle to survive. It's really awesome.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone here like K-horror? There's a great show on Netflix called "All of us are dead". It's about a zombie outbreak in a city in Korea and high schools kids trapped in their school struggle to survive. It's really awesome.
I've enjoyed quite a bit of Korean horror on Netflix lately. After finishing Kingdom I decided to check out All of us are dead next. I'm only about 3 episodes in but I find that it once again has that Korean horror delivery that I've grown to enjoy.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting. I LOVE the WoT books and been thru all 14 of them several times. But I could not stand the changes they did in the show. But my fiance who hasnt read the books absolutely loved it.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So who has their tickets for The Batman ready? Im going to see it on Saturday and i cannot wait. It going to be 3 epic hours im sure of it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
speaking of movies.. how about this one we are all watching with joey bribes and the destruction of America. 5 stars!

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Interesting. I LOVE the WoT books and been thru all 14 of them several times. But I could not stand the changes they did in the show. But my fiance who hasnt read the books absolutely loved it.
I haven't finished the season yet so I won't ask for specifics because I can't stand spoilers. It's been many years since I read the books, so I haven't noticed enough changes at this point that I'd have anything to complain about. I've just been enjoying the series for what it is.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Batman was incredible! Highly recommend that one if you are a fan of Batman of course, but also if you just like good cinema. It is long though so make sure to get good seats and lots of snacks!

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The Batman was incredible! Highly recommend that one if you are a fan of Batman of course, but also if you just like good cinema. It is long though so make sure to get good seats and lots of snacks!
You're the second person I've heard, that has seen it and with pretty similar experience.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
What are you doing @thebigt pulling your posts? 😃

Dietz1873

Dietz1873

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1883 was probably the best mini series I’ve ever seen, a very nice modern surprise in an age with really poor cinema in comparison to the oldies. It made me cry my eyes out, I will admit it.

The queens gambit on Netflix may appear a little too eccentric or flamboyant for most, but it’s nothing like what you think. Wife had me watch it and it was also a mini series, I’m glad I watched this one.

Anything made by Mel Brooks. Anything. Do not argue with me about this.

Dietz1873

Dietz1873

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I really wish I didn’t know that about them. Personally, I thought their acting was tremendous, just different because they are a literal couple. I would call it “realistic acting” as opposed to film critic Robert De Niro level Hollywood cinema, speaking of anti gun nutjobs.

I didn’t think that Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were liberals, it makes sense now why that show ended up on paramount. I hated the fact that I had to pay for it and once I did, you are just flooded with woke TV and movies and 1883 is just hidden in there. Poor choice of service they chose. I love brown,white,black,yellow, hell I even love green people. I got a problem with blue people cause cyanosis isn’t good for anyone. But how is it that if black people account for like 13% of the population, they are 90% of the models, actors and actresses on advertisement now? I got a buddy I used to work with who grew up all through school with me and enlisted in the buddy program together. A black guy but we grew up together in diapers. We used to meetup at one of our houses every week or two to watch a fight or a game and now, we play “find the white person” when the commercials come on and I think we get more enjoyment from that. You gotta have fun. This is a crazy world.

You know I wouldn’t even have a problem with this whole “change” as long as they left me out of it. But no, I doubt you could get an ice cream cone from the ice cream truck without getting a lecture on political correctness or gender conformity. Christ almighty.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Fantasy, closer to Game of Thrones than Lord of the Rings, but that genre. Somewhere in between each of those in many ways. Production values, casting and acting are all great in my opinion.
That's weird. My wife and I loved Game of Thrones but we couldn't stomach the Wheel of Time at all. Way to much fantasy for us and woke/diverse type nonsense in my opinion. Oh well, different strokes for different folks!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Righteous Gemstones is very funny and entertaining. It’s on HBO.
agree, i dont miss anything with daniel mcbride

checkout vice principals if you havent seen it .. another good show

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
agree, i dont miss anything with daniel mcbride

checkout vice principals if you havent seen it .. another good show
I haven’t heard of Vice Principal’s, but it just sounds like it will be funny lol what’s it on?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven’t heard of Vice Principal’s, but it just sounds like it will be funny lol what’s it on?
same HBO max .. youll see same people

mainly danncy mcbride & walter goggins(billy goggins)

i was watching walter interview on night show and he was talking about how they are all good friends along with bill murray and they all live in same town down in carolina .. thought that was pretty nice and makes sense why they are usually together.

and i gotta ask .. seen eastbound down ? if not put everything down and watch that

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i was watching walter interview on night show and he was talking about how they are all good friends along with bill murray and they all live in same town down in carolina .. thought that was pretty nice and makes sense why they are usually together.

and i gotta ask .. seen eastbound down ? if not put everything down and watch that
Oh yes loved Eastbound down

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Oh yes loved Eastbound down

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just finished season1 of this show .. very good, if you like that mafia type .

Forest whitaker as bumpy johnson .. dont know how true all that is with italians mafia, kennedy along with malcom X sprinkled in at the same time.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just finished season1 of this show .. very good, if you like that mafia type .

Forest whitaker as bumpy johnson .. dont know how true all that is with italians mafia, kennedy along with malcom X sprinkled in at the same time.

View attachment 213823
Wow. I remember that guy as the crazy High School football player in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
Now he's an esteemed Actor, Director, and Producer.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow. I remember that guy as the crazy High School football player in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
Now he's an esteemed Actor, Director, and Producer.
ohh forest whitaker kicks ass an actor. I forgot about him in fast times, i mainly remember him from "Hurrican season" - great movie based on real story.

He was in bloodsport too also in good morning vietnam with robin williams.

One of those actor that you wont see mainly solo but when he gets that chance, hes brilliant.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Whitaker is great. The first thing I usually think of relating to him is the movie Street Kings. Decent flick and Whitaker delivers. The last king of Scotland possibly his most famous work and most appreciated in the industry (my guess).

Edit: checked on imdb and he won an Oscar for the best performace on leading role in the Last king of Scotland, cool.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whitaker is great. The first thing I usually think of relating to him is the movie Street Kings. Decent flick and Whitaker delivers. The last king of Scotland possibly his most famous work and most appreciated in the industry (my guess).

Edit: checked on imdb and he won an Oscar for the best performace on leading role in the Last king of Scotland, cool.
street kings was great .. dont think ive seen last king, will put in on a watch list

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

What did you think of The Last King of Scotland?
I still haven't watched it yet.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
What did you think of The Last King of Scotland?
I still haven't watched it yet.
I have to admid, that I was too young to appreciate it, when it came out. All I remember is, that I watched it with a group of friends and we got bored/started having unrelated discussions during. Should watch again honestly.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have to admid, that I was too young to appreciate it, when it came out. All I remember is, that I watched it with a group of friends and we got bored/started having unrelated discussions during. Should watch again honestly.
He's a great actor. I've enjoyed him in every movie I've ever seen him in, from his first movie (Fast Times).

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
He's a great actor. I've enjoyed him in every movie I've ever seen him in, from his first movie (Fast Times).
I have not seen that one, looks fun. That movie was made before I was born, lol. Going through his filmography, dude's been busy. And has been in many movies, that I've seen, but don't recall him in them. Like he's in Bloodsport, didn't remember that.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have not seen that one, looks fun. That movie was made before I was born, lol. Going through his filmography, dude's been busy. And has been in many movies, that I've seen, but don't recall him in them. Like he's in Bloodsport, didn't remember that.
I thought it was hilarious. Of course, it is a little dated now.
A LOT of (then) Future stars in that movie.

I enjoy him in "everyday" performances, like Panic Room.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I thought it was hilarious. Of course, it is a little dated now.
A LOT of (then) Future stars in that movie.

I enjoy him in "everyday" performances, like Panic Room.
Yeah, somewhat dated I'd assume, but sometimes the old school vibe is fun and a positive.

Panic room another movie I didn't remember him being in, weird. Maybe it's cause' I really took note of him in the Street Kings, so I don't remember him much in movies previous to that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
snapped

deadly women

both serve as a reminder that women are every bit as capable of evil as men.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Choi min-sik is a great actor. Check out "I saw the devil" and "old boy"

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
want a good belly laugh, find the old dean martin celebrity roasts on youtube--lucille ball is a good one to start.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ruth buzzi putting a beat down on ALI is timeless....i dare you not to laugh.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nameless gangster if you enjoy Mafia Flix.
Theres few old boy ..which one are you guys reffering too ?

only one ive seen was with josh brolin and thought it was pretty good.