Movies and tv shows discussion

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I havent watched it yet, but critics arent being kind to it. Damn!

View attachment 238745
Ya I can’t say I’m surprised, but I also don’t feel great about it. Maybe it’s good they didn’t let him actually do this in the Star Wars universe tho (even tho it’s a mess as well).

Wanted to start Reacher the last two nights but have had some terrible luck so maybe today!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ya I can’t say I’m surprised, but I also don’t feel great about it. Maybe it’s good they didn’t let him actually do this in the Star Wars universe tho (even tho it’s a mess as well).

Wanted to start Reacher the last two nights but have had some terrible luck so maybe today!
I get off work in an hour and plan on binging the 3 episodes of Reacher that is out tonight!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I also watched Dark Winds a AMC show about tribal police think based in the 70’s? Anyway pretty decent I enjoy the main character he is a great actor. Only one season so far but they did say season 2 is a go.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I also watched Dark Winds a AMC show about tribal police think based in the 70’s? Anyway pretty decent I enjoy the main character he is a great actor. Only one season so far but they did say season 2 is a go.
Been meaning to watch this, good reminder so I can add to my list haha

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Season 2 of reacher has been amazing. Really sad only 3 episodes so far!
nice good to hear .. gonna wait till monday at work to start the show

also heard a great chance that alan ritchson might be the next batman

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Couldn't resist waiting until all the episodes of Reacher were out, enjoying it so far.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Season 2 of reacher has been amazing. Really sad only 3 episodes so far!
Couldn't resist waiting until all the episodes of Reacher were out, enjoying it so far.
I watched them on Saturday and really enjoyed them. I am a fan of the books and I do like the books where he is on his own, the best. But I understand that it might be easier to make a series with more sentral characters.

Also, I struggle to put on a pound of muscle a year but Ritchson just keep blowing up!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
its time .. clocked in.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was watching like...wait isn't that and he should know who that is! :LOL:
haha ohh yeaaaaa
changing all my passwords to "Reacher"
So AM fam can access my stash after i pass away lol

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This just arrived on Max.
I may try it, tonight or tomorrow.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
With the time off for Christmas, going to have to fire up my favorite Christmas movie….

Lonesome Dove!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So this weekend I for some reason watched Transformers and Transformers: Revenge of the fallen... I do enjoy the first one because I remember how excited I was when it came out. Second one is terrible though haha, but for some reason I want to watch em all.

First episodes of the second season of Reacher comes out this Friday and I cant wait!
I actually really like the 3rd one. 2 was pretty damn bad

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We started watching Yellowstone a couple months back and loved it. Now we have finished all seasons and both the spin-offs (1883 & 1923). They are definitely worth the watch.
I liked 1883 best, but like them all a lot

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok so I watched Rebel Moon and my advice is if you have NOT watched it, wait for the directors cut. It was very noticable that Snyder held back on everything as he wanted an R-Rated version and not this PG-13 one.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok so I watched Rebel Moon and my advice is if you have NOT watched it, wait for the directors cut. It was very noticable that Snyder held back on everything as he wanted an R-Rated version and not this PG-13 one.
I think it’s probably time to understand that company interference isn’t what’s limiting Snyder. 😝

From what I’ve heard this movie is just not very good and I doubt a directors cut will fix it. Snyder probably needs to take a serious step back and evaluate his strengths and weaknesses if he wants to ever bounce back.

I’ve finally gotten around to a few movies that have been on my list for awhile. The new top gun, killers of the flower moon, The Revenant, then die hard for Christmas again, and finally a rewatch of Apocalytpo which I haven’t seen in awhile. All were good viewings. Might knock a couple more off my list before 2024, we’ll see.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it’s probably time to understand that company interference isn’t what’s limiting Snyder. 😝

From what I’ve heard this movie is just not very good and I doubt a directors cut will fix it. Snyder probably needs to take a serious step back and evaluate his strengths and weaknesses if he wants to ever bounce back.

I’ve finally gotten around to a few movies that have been on my list for awhile. The new top gun, killers of the flower moon, The Revenant, then die hard for Christmas again, and finally a rewatch of Apocalytpo which I haven’t seen in awhile. All were good viewings. Might knock a couple more off my list before 2024, we’ll see.
Oh man, you didnt get to see Top Gun at the cinema? Thats probably the one movie of 2022 id feel was a must watch on the big screen.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh man, you didnt get to see Top Gun at the cinema? Thats probably the one movie of 2022 id feel was a must watch on the big screen.
Ya it’s on the short list of movies I feel I missed out at with not seeing in theaters. Really wish we had better imax theaters nearby because it would make me more inclined to go. I was spoiled when I was younger with one of the best nearby and now nothing compares haha

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Preview for rebel moon looked right up my ally but looking at some reviews I just couldn’t bring myself to watch. We got Dune 2 coming for us sci fi fans.
I also hear that the new Godzilla is really good

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First movie of the year was Ex Machina. Gets me excited for his new movie later this year.

Probably won’t watch as much as I did last year, I definitely slowed down the second half of 2023, but hope to go to the actual theater more this year.
Ok I just downloaded that app just because of you. Lets see how much i actually watch!

I had a few movies I always watch during the holidays that i watched the last week. The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix is a staple on New Years eve for me. Other must watches are The Polar Express, Charlie and the chocolate factory and Jim Carryæs Christmas Carol.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok I just downloaded that app just because of you. Lets see how much i actually watch!

I had a few movies I always watch during the holidays that i watched the last week. The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix is a staple on New Years eve for me. Other must watches are The Polar Express, Charlie and the chocolate factory and Jim Carryæs Christmas Carol.
I also watched Charlie and the Chocolate factory after that update. I’ll have to watch Wonka eventually.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This weekend was a slow movie weekend for me. I did re-watch Tango & Cash though. Thats one of those movies I can just put on when i want to relax. I enjoy the chemistry between Stallone and Russel in it.

As for series the season finale of Monarch is coming up and im invested. The story has been pretty cool and both the Russels have done a great job potraying the same man.

Reacher is still going strong imo, although as a book fan i have a few things that I wish were different. To anybody who hasnt read the books this will seem insane. But I feel Reacher gets hit too much. The books are basically a power fantasy where Reacher usually never gets hit as his motto is "Get you retaliation in first". But here almost every enemy gets a hit or two in!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This weekend was a slow movie weekend for me. I did re-watch Tango & Cash though. Thats one of those movies I can just put on when i want to relax. I enjoy the chemistry between Stallone and Russel in it.

As for series the season finale of Monarch is coming up and im invested. The story has been pretty cool and both the Russels have done a great job potraying the same man.

Reacher is still going strong imo, although as a book fan i have a few things that I wish were different. To anybody who hasnt read the books this will seem insane. But I feel Reacher gets hit too much. The books are basically a power fantasy where Reacher usually never gets hit as his motto is "Get you retaliation in first". But here almost every enemy gets a hit or two in!
Ya I can feel that. It is definitely a power fantasy style show and I think if anything it almost makes it less believable when people do beat up on him. :LOL:

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First movie of the year was Ex Machina. Gets me excited for his new movie later this year.

Probably won’t watch as much as I did last year, I definitely slowed down the second half of 2023, but hope to go to the actual theater more this year.
I loved Ex Machina. Perfect film.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I loved Ex Machina. Perfect film.
It was so good, I had been meaning to watch it all year and started it to end 2023, but didn't get around to finishing til 2024...

Watched Annihilation this week too and then Sunshine (Danny Boyle + Garland combo with Murphy like 28 days later).

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It was so good, I had been meaning to watch it all year and started it to end 2023, but didn't get around to finishing til 2024...

Watched Annihilation this week too and then Sunshine (Danny Boyle + Garland combo with Murphy like 28 days later).
I'll have to look up Sunshine. Thanks.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just saw the latest dave chappelle special dreamer.

Those who are fan of him ..def check it out .. netflix special

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I really liked Annihilation. Around that time I also watched Arrival, which was a favorite.

I watched Sunshine years ago, and enjoyed it.

Looking at your list, you've probably seen Event Horizon...
Good movie, but not for the squeamish.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just watched Extraction with Chris Hemsworth. I've been avoiding watching this and most other action movies because I've kind of grown out of them, but this one was great. Fast paced and in your face, kind of claustrophobic at times so you could feel the tension. Much more interesting then say John Wick.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you seen The Creator yet?
Not the same, but similarities.
It Does delve into some emotional stuff, but I liked it, and the production quality was outstanding IMO.

View attachment 239525
Movie was pretty average, but the cinematography and other filming aspects were pretty sweet. Aspect ratio was pretty interesting, bet it would have been better in theaters.

I really liked Annihilation. Around that time I also watched Arrival, which was a favorite.

I watched Sunshine years ago, and enjoyed it.

Looking at your list, you've probably seen Event Horizon...
Good movie, but not for the squeamish.
Ya huge fan of arrival. Event horizon is pretty good too.

Thinking of Sunshine again Boyle and Garland announced they’ll be trying to finally team back up for a 28 days later sequel. Hopefully they actually do get around to it this time.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Movie was pretty average, but the cinematography and other filming aspects were pretty sweet. Aspect ratio was pretty interesting, bet it would have been better in theaters.

Ya huge fan of arrival. Event horizon is pretty good too.

Thinking of Sunshine again Boyle and Garland announced they’ll be trying to finally team back up for a 28 days later sequel. Hopefully they actually do get around to it this time.
Like an actual 28 days later, not the 28 weeks later garbage?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So my fiance wanted to watch Hunger Games: Ballad of Songbirds etc. I knew it wouldnt be my kinda movie and i also KNEW shed fall asleep halfway. But she insisted that she wouldn (lol). Well i was 2 for 2! After 20 minutes I started playing with my phone and she fell asleep. So yeah, cant recommend that one.

But season finale of Monarch was really good! I hope there will be more seasons.

Season finale of Reacher is this week. Having read the book i know how that ends, will be interesting to see how they do it in the show.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thoughts?

Might be something I watch if/when it hits other platforms.

I don’t have Amazon at the moment.
A family member had it for a while and their NFL coverage was awful. Nfl shouldn’t even have games behind a paywall, but that’s another story.

I like some of Gylls. stuff from a while back!
I’d like McGregor better if he hadn’t slugged on that elderly man in the bar…

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I also don’t think every movie has to be ‘re made’ in this woke climate :/

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Might be something I watch if/when it hits other platforms.

I don’t have Amazon at the moment.
A family member had it for a while and their NFL coverage was awful. Nfl shouldn’t even have games behind a paywall, but that’s another story.

I like some of Gylls. stuff from a while back!
I’d like McGregor better if he hadn’t slugged on that elderly man in the bar…
Yeah, but to be fair .... He's supposed to be a Real scumbag (in the movie).

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My fam has a saying after a movie that was meh…sub-par… “well it was a rental”

It’s Been that way often lately.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thoughts?

The original Road House is one of my favorite movies of all time. I re-watch it 1-2 times every year. I am looking forward to see how this adoptation works out. Ive never really looked at Jake Gyllenhaal as a fighter, but the trailer makes him look good. He IS a great actor and i heard the director claim it was his best work ever. We will have to wait and see.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The original Road House is one of my favorite movies of all time. I re-watch it 1-2 times every year. I am looking forward to see how this adoptation works out. Ive never really looked at Jake Gyllenhaal as a fighter, but the trailer makes him look good. He IS a great actor and i heard the director claim it was his best work ever. We will have to wait and see.
Idk if I’m excited for the movie, but I like a lot of Limans work and Gyllenhaal was pretty good in Southpaw. He’s a great actor with some pretty interesting parts.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Idk if I’m excited for the movie, but I like a lot of Limans work and Gyllenhaal was pretty good in Southpaw. He’s a great actor with some pretty interesting parts.
He will always be Donnie Darko to me!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This looks great! Superman and Jack Reacher in the same movie. Can’t wait.