Motivation Issues Hitting Gym Between Cycles

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Always been plagued with this, but recently more than ever. Have a very high stress career, which makes it even more so. Just got done with PCT and have no motivation to lift. I run 3 cycles a year... pretty much have on and off for 10 years. I have a bottle of Osta that I have from years ago, thinking of running it before my next run in 2 months. I know broscience says this isnt ideal- but I'm mainly interested because it's not liver taxing. Not concerned about shutdown. Thoughts, opinions? I have an urge to hold a certain physique and in my head when I'm not on, i feel peasant.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you ever change up your training bro?

It’s mentally hard to keep going hard when some of the strength gained is dropping off. Changing up training, using different lifts, types of training, frequency etc might help focus

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bro, it can be a battle. Its one reason many jump on blast-cruise...and even then, some find cruise periods tedious. It can be hard to be patient. The only thing I can suggest is perspective, and health.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Thx bro- I mean, I do try and always switch up..the issue is getting to the actual gym. I feel like I need something to keep me movitated, which is less than ideal but I've accepted it. Even I am not a fan of sarms whatsoever, I really just want to finish off the bottle to hopefully gain some motivation back.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Bro, it can be a battle. Its one reason many jump on blast-cruise...and even then, some find cruise periods tedious. It can be hard to be patient. The only thing I can suggest is perspective, and health.
NAC- for an advanced user, do you really think it would be that detrimental to run Osta after PCT before hopping back on?

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s why I don’t do any of that over the counter garbage any more. You blow up for what 4 or 6 weeks and then crash.. it’s too drastic of gains.. slow and steady wins the race.. my advice find a nice hrt clinic that can give you a nice higher end trt dose, believe me they exist and have test levels of 1500 for a much longer duration and so much better gains that will consistently come on. **** cycling rapid orals or cycling in general.. if your going to cycle multiple times of year you are already compromising your hormonal system. Might as well stay on until you are done with this for good or don’t really care.. believe me I think the whole LOW T thing is really blown out of proportion.. you can definitely live and continue life with low T but when trying to go balls to the wall in the gym, is when I saw it very apparent to need trt.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is a tough one. And so many struggle with it. I don’t know if I know the right answer.

Reactions: Nac

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Get a gym buddy. If you aren’t pushing yourself, get someone who will call you if you don’t show up and help keep you motivated to work. Might take a while to find someone, but camaraderie often helps in the gym.

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
I imagine most go through this. I feel this way when cruising sometimes but also like that im giving my body a break from compounds. I know plenty who just switch up compounds and go from cycle to cycle(or one neverending cycle) and end up not giving themselves any time off or time cruising for this reason. Because you simply dont have that feeling when you are off. Also I have been reckless at times as well so no judgement to anyone. I enjoy researching training methods or planning my next blast when im cruising.

Edit: Dont really have any advice, just saying i feel your pain brother and you are not alone! Haha

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
NAC- for an advanced user, do you really think it would be that detrimental to run Osta after PCT before hopping back on?
Maybe. My concern would be that it sets a precedent; would you always run ostar like this? And where do you draw the line, would LGD be okay? What about var?

The dose would be a big factor, as would the potential impact on lipids, LH/FSH, etc. Studies mean jack when its your body potentially at risk.

The "safest" decision is to flag anything like this in-between cycles, and maybe try natty products. I know they wont typically have the same degree of impact on te gainz etc, but I found using them like this kept me accountable and motivated (no-one likes wasting dosh skipping gym sessions).

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe it’s time for something non hormonal.... like a little Novalog?!
Bwaaaahahahahaa!!!

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
All very great responses, this is why this forum is the best. Appreciate you all, I'm going to sit on it for 24 hours after reading all the input.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Maybe it’s time for something non hormonal.... like a little Novalog?!
Bwaaaahahahahaa!!!
Lmao hell no- I'd consider heroin to be safer than that. JK I'll hop on growth before that **** lolol

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You just have to do your best to have the mindset of when your off you are offhand accept it but if anything hitnthenfymnevem harder. Use it as a motivation. You don’t want to rely on drugs to have to do this. You truly have to love it and breathe it I matter what.. I know whether I was on or off I always push myself to the edge every session no matter what. Lee priest talks about that scenario being off and on. But honestly this is all a mindset. Some have it, most don’t.. but of course I have competed so it taught me how to really push myself and instilled that all or nothing mentality

Antlion

Awards
OP: try using raw cacao powder. It's natural and safe year round. It has to be spelled that way and no other. This isn't a pusy nattie you might feel something waste, it greatly enhances my mood prior to working out added with that a source of clean energy. 3 tablespoons prior to working out should do the trick and maybe 1-2 tablespoons during if desired in a protein shake or whatever. My music sounds better, I'm more in tuned with the weights, and it gives me an energy boost after working ten hour days

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Have any idea where your T level is? Torem could boost your T levels, and maybe something natural like vector or X-gels. Even if these don't do too much to actually build much muscle the fact that you're "on" something might give you the mental boost that you need.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Have any idea where your T level is? Torem could boost your T levels, and maybe something natural like vector or X-gels. Even if these don't do too much to actually build much muscle the fact that you're "on" something might give you the mental boost that you need.
Honestly bro- I'm assuming it is low. I just don't know if I'm ready for the long term committment of TRT yet. I'm 33, ideally I want to wait until I'm 38 or so. You are totally correct about the mental boost, that's what it is. I know you post a lot RB, but do you really think 20mg of Osta is going to be that negative between my next cycle? It's sick, but in my head- anything like M-Test or Reduce XT is great- (I really like those for natty substances)-- but Osta I feel will give me that extra push. Sounds sick, I know.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
ya I kinda thought you’d say that...
You have bigger balls than me. My close friend runs Var, Test, and Growth all year round. Yes, he runs Var 10 months out of the year. He's 43 and in great shape, (very energetic/overall well being). At some point, I will probably mimic what he does. Slin is the one thing I will not touch under any circumstances. You only live once, right?

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Honestly bro- I'm assuming it is low. I just don't know if I'm ready for the long term committment of TRT yet. I'm 33, ideally I want to wait until I'm 38 or so. You are totally correct about the mental boost, that's what it is. I know you post a lot RB, but do you really think 20mg of Osta is going to be that negative between my next cycle? It's sick, but in my head- anything like M-Test or Reduce XT is great- (I really like those for natty substances)-- but Osta I feel will give me that extra push. Sounds sick, I know.
I think if you take something like osta you should use a SERM to keep from crashing your T. Ideally start the SERM 2 weeks before the SARM and continue 2-4 weeks after.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think if you take something like osta you should use a SERM to keep from crashing your T. Ideally start the SERM 2 weeks before the SARM and continue 2-4 weeks after.

Antlion

Awards
So how long can we actually stay on a serm like Clomid or torem? I mean if it boosts test production why not ride it out for as long as possible?

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So how long can we actually stay on a serm like Clomid or torem? I mean if it boosts test production why not ride it out for as long as possible?
As long as there are no side effects I don't see why not. A lot of people get sides from clomid, though. Torem seems to be the better choice.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have bigger balls than me. My close friend runs Var, Test, and Growth all year round. Yes, he runs Var 10 months out of the year. He's 43 and in great shape, (very energetic/overall well being). At some point, I will probably mimic what he does. Slin is the one thing I will not touch under any circumstances. You only live once, right?
Yeah no reason to use insulin unless you want to become diabetic.. very silly some of the **** people do to what have bigger body parts? It’s a sickness really

Antlion

Awards
What kind of sides from Clomid are common? Just curious

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Crying because the person in front of you at the grocery store took the last banana
LOL. This and in my case general depression, at least for the first few weeks

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There are a few ways to combat this:

A - take something that will help give you a reason to believe you can make progress. Torem+ CJC w/DAC, maybe with a natural anabolic gimmick product for flare (I don’t expect much from Natty anabolics, but placebo is worth its weight in gold if nothing else).

B - when in the gym, pursue a pet lift: a 6wk block where you try to learn basic weightlifting and see what you can clean & jerk, or have a benchpress specialization program, etc. Building strength in one lift while off cycle is very realistic if you don’t normally train it hard and suddenly make it the core of your program. Doing something like focusing on a body part is better kept for on cycle.

C - find others to train with that will make you wish to go for the social aspect. There’s a lot of potential camaraderie to be had in a shared hard session.