More bad news for supplements?

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
They should report the number of OTC medications that cause adverse side effects to provide a comparison. Of course, they didn't.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the mainstream news agencies are like the dog from the movie Up. They've already moved on to some other "important" story

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
If the media target something then this is the beginning of the end for that something. At least this is what happens in my country.

PS. Unless sup companies get in the way to protect their profits. Then we wili have a collision of interests.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
And in the US (sadly) the "media" has become the mouthpiece for whatever sitting administration is in power. They parrot the agenda's of said administration, propagandizing the public to try to ease future legislation. If you want US "news", read foreign sources (ie. The Guardian) or US Blogs, not CNN et al.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And in the US (sadly) the "media" has become the mouthpiece for whatever sitting administration is in power. They parrot the agenda's of said administration, propagandizing the public to try to ease future legislation. If you want US "news", read foreign sources (ie. The Guardian) or US Blogs, not CNN et al.
Remember when the media reported just the facts without opinion? The viewer or reader would then form their own opinion. Now the facts are biased towards "their" opinion!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost[YPLL] each year in the united states from 2006-2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years. further, excessive drinking was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working aged adults aged 20-64 years. the economic costs of alcohol consumption in 2006 were estimated at 223.5 BILLION or $1.90 per drink.......these statistics come from the CDC.

I THINK THIS WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER STORY!!!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guy goes to ER for green tea extract causing liver issues ??? I honestly don't believe thats all he was taking.... that article stinks of ulterior motivation lol
:bsflag:
He was taking way more than recommended. Plus he is/was just a child. 15 years old. Shouldn't have been using any supplements anyway. The only supplements suitable for children are Flintstones vitamins. Even then, Mom & Dad should hold them and not let the child take them on their own.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
He was taking way more than recommended. Plus he is/was just a child. 15 years old. Shouldn't have been using any supplements anyway. The only supplements suitable for children are Flintstones vitamins. Even then, Mom & Dad should hold them and not let the child take them on their own.
I cant believe that he was 15 i missed that. But damn .... it seems like mainstream media is turning us into criminals.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Remember when the media reported just the facts without opinion? The viewer or reader would then form their own opinion. Now the facts are biased towards "their" opinion!
When exactly was this? Corporations/politics have controlled media for a 100 years. Are you 120 years old?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We also didn't have the internet or TV 100 years ago :)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We should not forget all those spiked products. Would be pretty naive believing its not happening nowadays.

I really dont understand why Supps are not tested in USA. They are tested in Norway and pretty many supps from US was removed from the stores due to spiking.

MAN PR XT contained 6 different anabolics and how many kids (below 16) who bought and consumed the product?
That is really shame

On the other hand, there will allways be some who react bad on legal compounds such as herbs/ plants. It is nornal and companies cant be blamed for that.
How many people react bad to medicines and not to mention overdose of medicines prescribed by doctor

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We should not forget all those spiked products. Would be pretty naive believing its not happening nowadays.

I really dont understand why Supps are not tested in USA. They are tested in Norway and pretty many supps from US was removed from the stores due to spiking.

MAN PR XT contained 6 different anabolics and how many kids (below 16) who bought and consumed the product?
That is really shame
I agree. Although the companies who had the spiked products claim that the testing equipment was not cleaned between tests.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established

That is really shame

On the other hand, there will allways be some who react bad on legal compounds such as herbs/ plants. It is nornal and companies cant be blamed for that.
How many people react bad to medicines and not to mention overdose of medicines prescribed by doctor
Well.. is Norway a well organised country in all aspects?(health care, education, insurance etc)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. Although the companies who had the spiked products claim that the testing equipment was not cleaned between tests.
Yeah there was a couple threads on this. They were just micro amounts. I mean just dust from the equipment. The products weren't spiked at all.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hope the fda gets involved with supplements it will guarantee their survival, lol......Richard Nixon declared a 'war on drugs' back in 1971 and look how successful that has been.

the fda should stick to what it does best---getting kickbacks from pharmaceutical company's.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
"The War On...." insert whatever you like, have all been total failures. We are a dumb country sometimes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
"The War On...." insert whatever you like, have all been total failures. We are a dumb country sometimes.
I knew if we kept at it long enough eventually we would find something we could agree on!!!

oyvind

oyvind

Awards
  • Established
Well.. is Norway a well organised country in all aspects?(health care, education, insurance etc)
Actually yes, but they don't allow us to use/buy any kind of functional supps..