moklepaul's Needtobuildmuscle Contest Log. NeedToBuildMuscle & MrSupps FTW

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I need a butt kick, and competition is always good for that!

Starting stats
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 190 Lbs

(with prior written approval in the main thread from NTBM, products are being shipped and I will retake pics with products when they arrive. Thanks for the leeway!)

I won't be running any PHs or AAS during this 3 months. And I will be cutting (summers coming!). A little mass will be nice too but my main goal here is to cut.

I work out of town, remote locations. I don't have access to a gym most of the time. So I'll be doing all body weight exercises (a la "Convict Conditioning"), until the end of March at least. So this is an uphill battle for me. But still gonna give it my best :)

Supps for the next 3 months:
- Multivitamin
- Creatine
- 1,3-Dimethylamylamine
- 'Forged Steel'
- 'Attack'

And that's it!

Here we go (eyes blacked out to maintain pride haha):

And for after pic comparison, these two non required poses:

Beach body in 3 months? Sure hope so!

Last edited:
RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Give it hell my man. I'm in ;)

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys :) Pics uploaded. No, I'm not a bodybuilder like the rest of you ;)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck to you!

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Here's my non-gym workout breakdown:

- Pushups
- Squats
- Situps/squats
- Bridges
- Hand-stand pushups
[leg raises and pullups if possible]

The program I'm following breaks each excersize into 10 levels of difficulty, the objective being to get to level 10 in all of them. Currently around 5 or 6 in most categories. 10 is a pipe dream in some (aka level 10 in hand stand pushups, with is an unassisted one arm push up :O). Instead of going for max number of reps, I'm doing each rep in 5 seconds to build more strength. That's what the book recommends. I do switch it up sometimes though as I'd like to gain some speed in may gains. I go for runs as often as I can as well (morning, fasted).

Ultimately my goal is more athletic ability than size. Come spring I'll be off work for a few months and I'll be joining a martial arts club (thinking BJJ and possibly kickboxing). I'm even entertaining the idea of a parkour club.

My diet isn't 100%, never has been. That will have to change if I have any chance of winning this. Or I'll need a couple DNP cycles haha. My problem when I'm in the city is I love beer and wings. My problem when I'm working is the food provided is absolute crap. But it wouldn't be impossible to nails down my macros if I put the effort into it. I know my calories are usually around 2000 daily. Seems to be a good number for me to cut with. Maybe a little low?

So without access to a gym or ability to have a consistant diet I guess there's little I can update you on haha. I'll post some random snippets though. Should be interesting, I'm practically a twig compared to most of the other competitors and I'm doing a cut to boot. Just looking forward to see what I can accomplish in 3 months :)

Thanks to all those who keep an eye on this thread :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck to you man. This contest has a little of everything and you'll fit right into it. Keep cardio high and keep track of your Cal's with a diet tracker. That will go a long way...:)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just to add some more, your Cal's may be a Tad low for you. Find out what your maintenance level Cal's are by using one of the calorie calculators found for free online and then cut 500 from that number. That's a good starting point and you can adjust from there...

Another thing is as far as training, P90x would be great for you if you could get in on that. Great way to cut up and build some muscle while your at it :thumbsup:

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Wow I guess I'm late updating this!

Been out of town working this whole time. Barely getting 6 hours sleep a night! But I'm not here to complain haha...

In spite of work going hard my diet has been pretty darn good. No junk food, high protein. Keeping around 2500 cals.

Switched to a different job a couple weeks ago that is way more physical, but I'm still doing my body weight training every chance I get. Arms and shoulders appear bigger to me. Haven't been able to weight or measure since I started work.

No noticeable change in leanness but I haven't had any opportunity for real cardio. I do however have an ace up my sleeve for that :D

When I get back home in march i'll update pics!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow I guess I'm late updating this!

Been out of town working this whole time. Barely getting 6 hours sleep a night! But I'm not here to complain haha...

In spite of work going hard my diet has been pretty darn good. No junk food, high protein. Keeping around 2500 cals.

Switched to a different job a couple weeks ago that is way more physical, but I'm still doing my body weight training every chance I get. Arms and shoulders appear bigger to me. Haven't been able to weight or measure since I started work.

No noticeable change in leanness but I haven't had any opportunity for real cardio. I do however have an ace up my sleeve for that :D

When I get back home in march i'll update pics!
Keep at it man, and will look forward to them pics and seeing the progress! Looks like you have a pretty busy lifestyle going on there BTW!!