Modular Series: βAIBA

brenthebdog

brenthebdog

Awards
Buy a tub of Infinite Labs Creatinol O Phosphate, the 1g scooper will cost you about $18 but you'll get 150g of free COP powder!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
750mg should be amazing.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Welp, I've been adding about 1g on top of the 750mg from lipomorph. I sweat a lot after meals.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
I have not yet heard of a max dose, Henry would have to chime I here. However I'm sure we will see a decrease in Added benefit the higher you go. I would personally stack Baiba or Lipomorph with another stim based fat burner to get synergistic effects.
I ran Lipomorph above recommended dose and it really made me warm and thirsty. It definitely helped. I can see 1 gram being a very nice high end dose.

brenthebdog

brenthebdog

Awards
Ok, got some definite *subjective* results to report!

So far my dosage scheme has been 1g BAIBA in the morning with my first protein shake of the day and 1g with dinner, sometimes I'll throw in an extra 1g dosage with my mid-day meal after a long trail run. It, is also important to mention that I have a fairly high carb diet to maintain abundant energy stores for said running. Early in the season carrying extra muscle mass was absolutely kicking my ass and I was getting shin splints and sore feet after about three consecutive runs; but lately, I haven't been too hampered by carrying the same amount of upper body muscle mass if not slightly more.

With the addition of BAIBA I have noticed an edge when it comes to steep incline trail sections- granted, I take a ton of Creatinol-O-Phosphate and Beta-Alanine and have been a serious runner for the past 20 years. But my overall energy expenditure has been significantly more efficient for both aerobic and anaerobic activity. Much to my chagrin initially was the fact that I've had much better muscle mass preservation than usual after increased running mileage. So, that has been the most notable take away with BAIBA. Considering that most research shows that fatty acid oxidation is what BAIBA is responsible for - that shoudn't come as much of a surprise. Shifting away from muscle catabolism to adipose tissue is the name of the game.

The overall take away is if you use this it's not a magic bullet, if you're already doing cardio and you're fairly lean you'll end up leaner with more energy from a pathway that isn't dependent on adrenergic stimulation. Plus, you should be able to preserve your gains better.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanx buddy

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Unsolicited customer feedback from another forum:

BAIBA powder is potent.

finished a tub of this stuff from antaeus

the effect is strong after using 1.5 grams. i would equate the heat produced to 100-150 mg DNP, with no side effects except sweating and overheating. all the rashes and yellow fluids and lethargy is gone. this **** is way better than DNP. but ill never use dnp again most likely.

i recommend it, run the dose high, i bet 2 grams would be awesome stacked with another light dose of fat burner

i like albuterol and lipomorph to stack.
I also like the baiba! I just thru abt a gram in my preworkout. Which also has thermogenics in it. Def makes u sweat I only take on workout days
http://www.swolesource.com/forum/supplements/2832-baiba-powder-potent.html#post48044

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow 1.5g I was going to go for 750mg but I new high dosage at above 1g would be great.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Another interesting BAIBA study was published this summer: this one observes that BAIBA is an AMPK-activator in (mouse) muscle.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26105792

The introduction provides a neat summary of the previous decade or so of research into the molecule:
"Begriche et al demonstrated that BAIBA, a natural catabolite of thymine, reduced body fat percentage through increased fatty acid oxidation and decreased de novo lipogenesis in mice. Recently, Roberts et al identified BAIBA as a small molecule myokine secreted from myocytes with forced expression of PGC-1a. BAIBA enhances the browning of white adipose tissue and beta-oxidation in the liver through a mechanism mediated by PPARa."

The series of experiments they go on to perform demonstrate that BAIBA significantly and dose-dependently induces AMPK phosphorylation in mouse skeletal muscle, which is proposed as "one possible mechanism through which the beneficial effects of exercise may be mediated through BAIBA".
They also found that BAIBA decreased the body weight of experimental animals without affecting energy intake (i.e. it caused weight loss in mice without reducing calories).

The potential effects of increased AMPK activation include improved glucose uptake, enhanced fatty acid oxidation, and increased mitochondria, which are likely to favourably influence fat burning and weight loss. Other natural activators of AMPK include fucoxanthin (found in LipoMorph), queen bee acid, and 7,8-dihydroxyflavone.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice. What were the dosages on the study?

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Nice. What were the dosages on the study?
The in vitro tests used concentrations of 0-20µmol/l BAIBA (mice fed 170mg kg[SUP]−1[/SUP] day[SUP]−1[/SUP] had serum concentrations of BAIBA around 8.9µmol/l according the earlier white-fat-browning paper). The in vivo tests used 150mg kg[SUP]−1[/SUP] day[SUP]−1[/SUP] in drinking water for 8 weeks, very similar to the 170mg kg[SUP]−1[/SUP] day[SUP]−1[/SUP] dosage used by Roberts et al.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
A new, unsolicited article about BAIBA: BAIBA: A new weight loss supplement that might actually work? Molecular Gainz
I think this new site may be affiliated to one of our retailers? Regardless, it's very gratifying that their first published article is about the potential of BAIBA.
(Note: Ignore the calculation at the bottom about dose, as I believe they have got the math wrong; it should be around 650mg).
Edit: Antaeus Labs would like to distance itself from claims in the article that BAIBA has "potential to combat obesity and diabetes", which could be construed as drug claims that the company doesn't endorse.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
A new, unsolicited article about BAIBA: BAIBA: A new weight loss supplement that might actually work? Molecular Gainz
I think this new site may be affiliated to one of our retailers? Regardless, it's very gratifying that their first published article is about the potential of BAIBA.
(Note: Ignore the calculation at the bottom about dose, as I believe they have got the math wrong; it should be around 650mg).
Any human studies as of yet? Or do you know of any that are currently underway?

Thanks!

Hansistyle

Hansistyle

Awards
Do you tihnk that in a lean bulk surplus(+300-400cal) BAIBA can have any benefit?

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Any human studies as of yet? Or do you know of any that are currently underway?

Thanks!
The Roberts et al (2014) study found a relationship between endogenous BAIBA levels and risk factors for cardiovascular disease. Specifically, naturally-occurring BAIBA levels in participants blood were inversely correlated with fasting glucose, insulin, triglycerides, and total cholesterol. Dr Gerszten summarized the correlation as “The more BAIBA, the lower your insulin, the better your glucose, the less you weigh.”*
(*Please note that this was an observation of a correlation, and makes no statement about causation, or about the results of supplementation)

Do you think that in a lean bulk surplus(+300-400cal) BAIBA can have any benefit?
Sure. Being anti-lipogenic, it could help limit fat gain on a bulking diet, and as an AMPK activator it may cause improved skeletal muscle glucose uptake.

Hansistyle

Hansistyle

Awards
Very well ordering later so,1g 2 Times with biggest meal should be ok?

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Very well ordering later so,1g 2 Times with biggest meal should be ok?
I'd suggest doses of between 500mg/day and 1g/day, taken with a meal (the powder can be mixed with a drink). If you want to experiment with higher doses, as others have, you're welcome to.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to say that BAIBA is awesome. Kept me very lean all summer. I will always have this on hand for cutting :)

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just wanted to say that BAIBA is awesome. Kept me very lean all summer. I will always have this on hand for cutting :)
What was your diet like, macros, bulking or cutting.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
What was your diet like, macros, bulking or cutting.
I was cutting with more than a few cheat meals in there. Fasted workout and\or cardio in the mornings.

I tend to eat pretty lean throughout the day after fasted cardio and then have a meal high in fat at the end of the day. Works well for me. Always at a bare minimum of 200 grams of protein, maybe an average of 150 g carbs per day (mostly post workout and last meal) and generally about 100-150g of fat or less. Often I would take some fast carbs intra-workout as well with eaas to help keep intensity high. Lots of quality eaas. I pretty much replace all powdered protein with eaas when cutting, and get all protein from foods. I drink eaas with meals as well to kind of "turbocharge" the meal. That's just how I do it :)

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was cutting with more than a few cheat meals in there. Fasted workout and\or cardio in the mornings.

I tend to eat pretty lean throughout the day after fasted cardio and then have a meal high in fat at the end of the day. Works well for me. Always at a bare minimum of 200 grams of protein, maybe an average of 150 g carbs per day (mostly post workout and last meal) and generally about 100-150g of fat or less. Often I would take some fast carbs intra-workout as well with eaas to help keep intensity high. Lots of quality eaas. I pretty much replace all powdered protein with eaas when cutting, and get all protein from foods. I drink eaas with meals as well to kind of "turbocharge" the meal. That's just how I do it :)
Thanks for the info. This compound some what interests me and I may play round with it down the track. Waiting on more feedback to flow through.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. This compound some what interests me and I may play round with it down the track. Waiting on more feedback to flow through.
No problem man.

I highly recommend trying it. Really amplified thermo effect of anything I stacked with it.

Hansistyle

Hansistyle

Awards
I am really A LOT curious on the lean bulk effect, will try it sooner or later on bulk

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm adding this into my ongoing HRT log which many of u have been following already

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Adding to a lean bulk is great. It can prevent excess storage of fats and if you are timing your nutrients this should be perfect.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take it after my workouts with my last meal of the day. On off days I split the 1g with two meals

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Suppversity just did a nice write-up on BAIBA. Evidence points to it being much more effective at preventing fat gain than actual fat loss.

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/11/is-baiba-next-big-thing-in-fat-loss.html

P.S. I just want to publicly give a HUGE shout out to the Suppversity owner. I requested a write-up on BAIBA to get his opinion on the supp, and after a brief conversation he agreed.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Suppversity just did a nice write-up on BAIBA. Evidence points to it being much more effective at preventing fat gain than actual fat loss.

Is »BAIBA« the Next Big Thing in Fat Loss Supplements? 24% Reduction in Fat Gain is an Impressive Number, But... - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

P.S. I just want to publicly give a HUGE shout out to the Suppversity owner. I requested a write-up on BAIBA to get his opinion on the supp, and after a brief conversation he agreed.
Thanks for requesting the writeup, and thanks to Suppversity for taking the time to write it.
I have a couple of minor issues with the article. It states at one point:
"What the same amount of BAIBA did not do, though, was to prevent the weight gain in already obese mice (Figure 1, right). In view of the fact that the same discrepancies were observed for liver fat and total body weight (not shown in Figure 1), the currently available evidence clearly doesn't support the use of BAIBA as a classic "fat burner"."
They weren't "already obese mice", they were mice genetically engineered to be obese (ob/ob), through the deletion of functioning leptin genes. BAIBA doesn't work in mice that have no functional leptin system, that much is true. But to claim that "the currently available evidence clearly doesn't support the use of BAIBA as a classic fat burner" based on that information is not an appropriate conclusion, in my opinion.

Also, while it's good to acknowledge the groundbreaking work of Begriche et al, any article on BAIBA should also - in my opinion - reference the 2014 study β-Aminoisobutyric Acid Induces Browning of White Fat and Hepatic β-Oxidation and Is Inversely Correlated with Cardiometabolic Risk Factors. To ignore it is a massive oversight.

halljo

halljo

Awards
Would there be any issues using this with something like a Alphamine/Anafuse/MK-677 stack?

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Would there be any issues using this with something like a Alphamine/Anafuse/MK-677 stack?
One great aspect of Baiba is that it will stack with pretty much anything else. So go ahead and use your favorite stim based fat burner or others for that matter. Baiba only makes it that much better.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One great aspect of Baiba is that it will stack with pretty much anything else. So go ahead and use your favorite stim based fat burner or others for that matter. Baiba only makes it that much better.
Definitely

I will have a review of my experiences posted on modernathletichealth.com in the next 7--10 days

halljo

halljo

Awards
Was there a consistent amount used that gave the best results? It seems like people used all sorts of amounts... just started using it and I'm using 1/4 tspn twicea day... but I have seen some people using double this amount daily. Just trying to hit the sweet spot.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would use a min of 750mg and 1g being the sweet spot. IMO

Talking about this, I need two tubs lol

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
the little tubs are packed tight, no wasted space for sure. There is no room for a scooper even if wanted to.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What I do is use a scoop from a previous pre workout and measure it on a scale, put it on the scoop and then go by look.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What I do is use a scoop from a previous pre workout and measure it on a scale, put it on the scoop and then go by look.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I actually scale out my pre workout too. Probably because im already having to scale out my post workout shake and i tend to make them both at the same time.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually scale out my pre workout too. Probably because im already having to scale out my post workout shake and i tend to make them both at the same time.
Yea becomes a habit lol