Mmmmm... I love Kava

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
Just thought I'd throw that out there. Just like a good beer buzz without the hangover... anyone else tried it? I'm not talking about the sh1tty extracts you can buy at hippie stores... I'm talking about the actual ground root. Go ask your Poly friends if you dont know what it is. :drunk:
Kava will make you look like your avatar :toofunny: :aargh:

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
any day after effects of this

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
If I recall, the liver problems were associated with extracts that contained parts of the whole plant (leaves, stems, etc.) and not just the root as it is traditionally consumed. Apparently, there were/are hepatoxic constituents in the plant which are at very high concentrations in other parts of the plant (besides the root).

i too read that i have the study on my other comp

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Just bought a lb of the kava root. Got to get some paint strainers. I'm buying it to replace alcohol and finally get rid of that speedbump under my bellybutton. Confused? Beer=calories Great site, thanks Swoody.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just bought a lb of the kava root. Got to get some paint strainers. I'm buying it to replace alcohol and finally get rid of that speedbump under my bellybutton. Confused? Beer=calories Great site, thanks Swoody.
Lol, I just put in an order last night. Bought the root and concentrate.

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
Pot that is too strong? :lol:

Alright...thank you for your response. So with the paste (where can I get it/ how do I make it) are the effects similar to an alcohol buzz or more like thc?
hmmm...ever smoke any flowers or solids out of the 'Dam?

after seeing this thread i remembered i had some of the whole real deal kava root from the kona site mentioned here.i just brewed up my first batch.blended 2tb with8oz water like it says on the bag.strained it best i could w/o a cheesclothe(used a small dishtowell hehe worked pretty well)
i see what they mean by 'peppery earthy' taste now.i like it.

the extracts i have tried always made my tongue go numb on contact,which i admit was cool.this has a very slight effect in this sense.though of course not the reason for ingestion so no biggie,juts commenting.

after staining it sure does leave behind a weird paste.sort of smells,feels,and looks like mud.

im not gonna nuse this glass to long,should be gone within ten min of starting.ill report back later.this drink is being ingested right after finishing a light meal

i have used plentyof other kava products mostly extract caps,with some tangible benefit for sure.so im interested to see how this real deal stacks up!

caffeineadct

caffeineadct

Awards
A good starting point to test is 2-3 times the recommended dosage. I like putting 2 tsp of the ground root in a cup of cold water and let it sit for 15 minutes, then drink that, and repeat this 2 more times. It makes me very mellow and relaxed, completely anxiety free.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I need to up the root a little I think. I can't say I really felt much from my last batch. It was definitely not 2 tsp per 8oz. Screw it, I'll try 2 TBSP per 8oz.:drunk:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A good starting point to test is 2-3 times the recommended dosage. I like putting 2 tsp of the ground root in a cup of cold water and let it sit for 15 minutes, then drink that, and repeat this 2 more times. It makes me very mellow and relaxed, completely anxiety free.
you dont strain or whatever? I guess before i buy i have to look at the procedure of using the root powder first. Strange as it is i dont have any friends that use this (being from hawaii). Guys used to say our some of our football players in high school would take it before the game so they could hit harder, said it makes you feel numb.

anyone know how exactly to use the paste? I could research and probably will but thought it would be a good addition to the thread if someone would chime in. (im lazy) lol.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
you dont strain or whatever? I guess before i buy i have to look at the procedure of using the root powder first. Strange as it is i dont have any friends that use this (being from hawaii). Guys used to say our some of our football players in high school would take it before the game so they could hit harder, said it makes you feel numb.

anyone know how exactly to use the paste? I could research and probably will but thought it would be a good addition to the thread if someone would chime in. (im lazy) lol.
I knew a kid that used to live near fiji. He brought a bunch of roots to school and showed everyone how the natives did it. He had a mortar and pestle and ground up the roots. Soaked them in ICE water, and then we drank it straight up. No reason for straining.

The fresh roots were stronger then any extract or pills I have found, wish I had a bunch! I had 3 or 4 cups of it and I was having mild visual hallucinations... Felt pretty stoned even! Talk about being relaxed! :)

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
I need to up the root a little I think. I can't say I really felt much from my last batch. It was definitely not 2 tsp per 8oz. Screw it, I'll try 2 TBSP per 8oz.:drunk:
Atta boy Mach 78 :D I have one suggestion to the user above who waits until it oozes out into the water... To really get the most out of it, kneed the cloth/panty-hose/whatever strainer you use until all of the milky substance is out and a dry residue is left in the bag/strainer. You get the most profound effects immediately without having to wait for what you want to slowly seep out into the water... kneeding is much better.

And remember, kava can be like weed... sometimes you don't feel much the first time... but with continued use, it gets better... happy kava drinking:cheers:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Guys, I just got the paste from "Kona Kava". How much do you take to get sorta stoned/mega-relaxed? It says on the back to take two pea sized per hr. Would you guys recommend more?

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
Guys, I just got the paste from "Kona Kava". How much do you take to get sorta stoned/mega-relaxed? It says on the back to take two pea sized per hr. Would you guys recommend more?
Take 4 and see what happens! :food: I take double with the regular root and get a better effect... propably holds true to the paste as well...

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
Kava

I took about 5 pea size amounts and I just felt pretty relaxed I guess it takes alot more to get you feeling high or whatever... or maybe Its because I weigh 212...

psimonkey

Awards

depends on the concentration but the best way to take KK is to mix it a teaspoon of conc ex powder into a paste with a 5 ml of (hemp) oil and a teaspoon of lecithin. Kavalactones are lipid a based compound so adding an oil and a emulsifier maximise absorbtion

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I was just reviewing this thread when I remembered that my boss/friend is in Hawaii right now. I called him and told him to find a Kava bar after his crater-to-shore MTB ride today.

Yeah, I live vicariously through others. lol

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
Me and my girlfriend had some of the kava paste from the above mentioned site. I mixed about a tablespoon of the paste into a 5 cup pina collada. I drank about twice as much as she did. Guys, the effects were just awesome! The aphrodisiac effects are AWESOME! For the sake of the faint of heart I will not go into detail of exactly what happened in the hours following us having that very nice drink. Every feeling was so much more intense. There was a nicotine/alcohol type buzz. The lights seemed more intense and dreamy. Some of the best sex ever! We will leave it at that...

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
Me and my girlfriend had some of the kava paste from the above mentioned site. I mixed about a tablespoon of the paste into a 5 cup pina collada. I drank about twice as much as she did. Guys, the effects were just awesome! The aphrodisiac effects are AWESOME! For the sake of the faint of heart I will not go into detail of exactly what happened in the hours following us having that very nice drink. Every feeling was so much more intense. There was a nicotine/alcohol type buzz. The lights seemed more intense and dreamy. Some of the best sex ever! We will leave it at that...
I have noticed some aphrodisiac effects as well... needless to say my wife loves it when I say, "I'm gonna have some kava...":D

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
One of my favorites!!! I use a Coco/banana Kava paste, a teaspoon a day keeps the blues away. It will also ease the pain of a harsh THC buzz!... a special occasion calls for a little pineapple juice combo
Is that paste the one they sell at KonaKavaFarm.com or is that your own concoction? I was just about to order the paste from KonaKava but I want to make sure it's the coconut/banana stuff before I order. Or is it the Cocoa Banana Kava Concentrate that you order?

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
Is that paste the one they sell at KonaKavaFarm.com or is that your own concoction? I was just about to order the paste from KonaKava but I want to make sure it's the coconut/banana stuff before I order. Or is it the Cocoa Banana Kava Concentrate that you order?
He means the concentrate from kona kava bro

KAVA CONCENTRATE: This delicious concentrate comes as a gooey, thick liquid in 4 oz jars, ready for whatever your imagination can come up with. Made with Kavalactone, organic, unprocessed cocoa beans, stevia, soy protein, and other natural flavors, these concentrates make great drinks, shakes, smoothies, and can be the perfect topping for ice cream and so much more. It's difficult to keep these treats around; everyone here at the farm can't get enough of it. Made with our coveted root only Kava Kava powdered extract. The concentrate is the thickness and consistency of cake batter.

Kava Concentrate (Cocoa Banana)

I tell you though bro, the taste of the stuff takes some getting used to... Go ahead and try it because you may like it but personally I would probably go for the liquigels as soon as they get some more in. Pop two of those and an aspire 36 and you will be in for quite a ride ;). That is assuming that you have a female handy...

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
He means the concentrate from kona kava bro

KAVA CONCENTRATE: This delicious concentrate comes as a gooey, thick liquid in 4 oz jars, ready for whatever your imagination can come up with. Made with Kavalactone, organic, unprocessed cocoa beans, stevia, soy protein, and other natural flavors, these concentrates make great drinks, shakes, smoothies, and can be the perfect topping for ice cream and so much more. It's difficult to keep these treats around; everyone here at the farm can't get enough of it. Made with our coveted root only Kava Kava powdered extract. The concentrate is the thickness and consistency of cake batter.

Kava Concentrate (Cocoa Banana)

I tell you though bro, the taste of the stuff takes some getting used to... Go ahead and try it because you may like it but personally I would probably go for the liquigels as soon as they get some more in. Pop two of those and an aspire 36 and you will be in for quite a ride ;). That is assuming that you have a female handy...
I actually ordered the 84% paste (not the concentrate - they told me the concentrate is very diluted and used more as a flavoring agent) and the liguidgels. I popped 2 liquidgels and didn't feel a thing. I guess you really do need to experiment to see what dosage works for you. I'm going to just keep increasing the dose by 1 liquidgels until I feel something.

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
I actually ordered the 84% paste (not the concentrate - they told me the concentrate is very diluted and used more as a flavoring agent) and the liguidgels. I popped 2 liquidgels and didn't feel a thing. I guess you really do need to experiment to see what dosage works for you. I'm going to just keep increasing the dose by 1 liquidgels until I feel something.
Use the paste. You will feel somethin... double the recommended dose.

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
So take like 4 pea-sized servings?

Also, wouldn't taking 4 liquidgels be about the same?
I've just found that ingesting the raw material (wether it be the powdered drink or the paste) has much more pronounced effects than if I were to take it in capsule form, even if it is a liquidgel. Just hold your nose and down it... it might take a little more than you think, but just go till you find your "sweet spot" and enjoy :D If 4 pea-sized servings doesn't do it, go six... you get the idea. Keep in mind as well that some people don't feel too much from it the first time they take it... kinda like another herb I know of :D But the 2ed or 3rd time around you should start to feel nice and relaxed...

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How long do the effects last. I was thinking of using it before I go out but heard the buzz doesn't last long. Also has anybody stacked it with phenibut?

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
my effects lasted about 2 hours. From my understanding having it with any kind of alcoholic beverage greatly enhances the effects. The natives in Hawaii usually do have it with alcohol. I have not ever tried it with phenibut though.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Tried 4 pea-sized pieces of the paste (try saying that 10 times fast...) last night and didn't feel a thing - it did numb up my tongue pretty good though. And man does this stuff taste bad! I think I'll try 4 liquidgels tonight and see how that goes.

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
Also, it is to be noted that kava is one of those things that has to build up in your system. You may not feel much if anything at all the first few times you take it but after a while :twisted:

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
Also, it is to be noted that kava is one of those things that has to build up in your system. You may not feel much if anything at all the first few times you take it but after a while :twisted:
What he said.:drunk:

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
Im gonna have to order this stuff since i dont have any weed and I cant drink liquor on cycle

What should I order from that side? The 84% paste? How many servings can you get from a 1/2 lb?

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Like how long? I don't want to have to take this stuff every day so that the Kava blood levels remain high. It sounds like you need to start taking this stuff a couple or a few days in advance if you want to plan when you are going to be able to feel the effects. I was hoping it would be more a spur-of-the-moment type of thing. Oh well...:(

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
It can be a spur of the moment thing it just takes alot. Its like weed in that you will be too @#$ed up to take enough to OD. So just one night pop some and keep popping more every hour or so untill you feel something. not a big deal...

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
It can be a spur of the moment thing it just takes alot. Its like weed in that you will be too @#$ed up to take enough to OD. So just one night pop some and keep popping more every hour or so untill you feel something. not a big deal...

Ah - that's good to know. Now I just need to figure out what my "sweet spot" is.

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
So I took 4 liquidgels the other night and felt nothing. Popped another 2 about two hours after I took the four, and still didn't catch a buzz (I did sleep great though). Maybe that's just the way I react to this stuff. I'm looking for a buzz more than I am a sleep aid. Guess I need to keep looking.

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
Try some herbal smokes from one of the online smoke shops. Maybe some salvia or something if you wanna have a REAL experience. It might take some looking to find something that works well for you just like some people dont even get high off of weed it just makes them sleepy or in my case makes me see mario characters.

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
Yea, I was drunk camping one time, and me and 4 close friends went off to smoke some Salvia. Ive tried it a few other times before but never really got high off of it.

This time was different, as soon as I exhaled, everything changed, and my entire essence was bubbling and vibrating and shifting with electric raking motions. I was 13 or so tunnels of vision. Very cool, very intense. Now im hesitant to smoke it again. hehehe. It really does send you to another dimension.

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
How about this - 4 Kava liquigels, 2 reset AD, and 2 powerfull. Ultimate Chill stack :) maybe a couple shots of vodka and OJ...

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
I just need to get some damn sleep,think kava root will help at all....?sounds like it could be fun on the weekend too,I just saw this stuff on some travel show ,some fijian sh1t,then I remembered this thread title...so whatcha think,cause I hate taking ambien if I don't have to...my cycle has me wired 4 sure,can't sleep

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
I just need to get some damn sleep,think kava root will help at all....?sounds like it could be fun on the weekend too,I just saw this stuff on some travel show ,some fijian sh1t,then I remembered this thread title...so whatcha think,cause I hate taking ambien if I don't have to...my cycle has me wired 4 sure,can't sleep
have you ever used POWERFULL? that stuff knocks me out! Kava is very nice for this too - dreams are quite nice! - that X-dream stuff looks solid too. I may try some of it if i have sleep problems this next cycle.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
X-Dream....bc it works..

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
X-Dream....bc it works..
Whats all in X-dream anyways,I'm too lazy too google it...I've just read that stuff wasn't any good...Same w/ RPM...I'm iffy on OTC sleep stuff,...I can stay wide eyed on ambien...:aargh:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Whats all in X-dream anyways,I'm too lazy too google it...I've just read that stuff wasn't any good...Same w/ RPM...I'm iffy on OTC sleep stuff,...I can stay wide eyed on ambien...:aargh:
wide eyed on ambien? hmm...

I personally really like x-dream...works great for me...feel Great in the morning also..you might want to up the dose...who knows.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
wide eyed on ambien? hmm...

I personally really like x-dream...works great for me...feel Great in the morning also..you might want to up the dose...who knows.
I'll give anying a chance once I guess...Anybody taken Phenibut?Seemed a little better on paper than X-dream...
Last night I took 40mg ambien and was up til 5am,groggy as hell,but just still couldn't sleep.Its getting hard to combat 10g gear a week as far as sleep goes,its fvckin with me.Plus I don't drink,and get Insomnia half the time anyways..

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i hope you dont drink with all the methyls you take. Try a joint? You sure you ambien is legit? damn, never heard of anyone wide-eyed while on ambien. Go to a doctor and tell him amibien isnt working for jack.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
yeah I don't drink or do drugs...well,recreational drugs anyways,I suppose some would consider mass amounts of gear"drugs"...yeah only problem is I can't exactly tell any doctor anything right now,first thing he'll want is at least a urine sample or bloodwork...I'm sure he'd probably point out I have the Test levels of 10,000 full grown men.lol

I'm getting plenty of sleep,just not at night when I need it,and I hate sleeping all day...throws my workouts off

But no I don't even take Ibuprofen/tylenol when I take orals...

The Kava sounds fun anyways....I'll prolly pick up a lb sometime soon...play around with it...prolly not right now though....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Johnston Supplements 14
macdady Recipes 0
macdady Post Cycle Therapy 0
Whacked Nutrition / Health 8
themondtster Recipes 1