mk-677 what do we know now?

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
if someone were to work out 4 days a week should the dosage be the same night as the workout or vise versa ?

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
if someone were to work out 4 days a week should the dosage be the same night as the workout or vise versa ?
It's best to take it in the AM on workout days. Unless lethargy is unbearable then take it the night before

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
ugsavage said:
It will elevate your prolactin and increase your blood sugar dramatically if your not careful
It does not such thing. I had twice a year blood work while on mk677 25mg a day, blood sugar competely normal. No, there is no prolactin increase or cortisol increase while on it.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
ugsavage said:
It does not such thing. I had twice a year blood work while on mk677 25mg a day, blood sugar competely normal. No, there is no prolactin increase or cortisol increase while on it.
Incorrect Mk 677 does indeed raise prolactin. I have experienced this myself and also confirmed this with other well respected members on AM. Stop spreading misinformation. In fact post me some literature on the matter of Ibutamoren not raising prolactin.

The raise in prolactin only occurs very slightly in most people. However when combining with another drug or taking more then 15 mg a day will eventually raise prolactin and cause several problems including the dreaded prolactin gyno. Just because you ran it and didn't see an increase in prolactin means nothing.

And nobody said anything about Mk 677 raising cortisol. We are talking about an increase in PR nothing to do with cortisol

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ugsavage said:
First, thank you for all the bloodwork and personal anecdote feedback! It is great for the community to share our experiences, especially when we can substantiate it.

Anecdotally, my fasted blood sugar raises 5 points or so on Mk677 even adding Berberine in, but it doesn’t continue to elevate. I have heard of plenty of folks who get this, but as long as it doesn’t continue to elevate it’s not really an issue. You being keto probably helps this.

Also, it definitely raises my prolactin - it actually gave me prolactin sensitive gyno using it for about half a year when I was otherwise not using any anabolics for several years (total test was mid 600s at the time and e2 around 40, very typical for me back then). Now I can lactate in my left nipple a tiny bit if prolactin gets high enough on a blast. It’s excellent you don’t experience this side effect, but there are definitely guys who do.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
MK has been both mysterious with me. I do love it dearly. I ran it for 6 months straight at 25mgs daily and had exceptional results, zero prolactin sides. Took a few months off then ran again for another 5, same results. Took about a year off and then tried to run 25mgs again, prolactin was jacked by day 6 and had to drop and run ralox (this was just with low dose test). 8 months later ran at 12.5 and again after 4 days had to drop due to prolactin.

Another few months go by and I am currently back on at 12.5, 6 days in and no sides. Honestly no idea with this one lol. Exact same product and batch (I bought bulk). Feeling amazing, sleeping like a champ and recovering quite well as weight is climbing back up from my recent bout with the vid.

ReformedNerd

Awards
MK has been both mysterious with me. I do love it dearly. I ran it for 6 months straight at 25mgs daily and had exceptional results, zero prolactin sides. Took a few months off then ran again for another 5, same results. Took about a year off and then tried to run 25mgs again, prolactin was jacked by day 6 and had to drop and run ralox (this was just with low dose test). 8 months later ran at 12.5 and again after 4 days had to drop due to prolactin.

Another few months go by and I am currently back on at 12.5, 6 days in and no sides. Honestly no idea with this one lol. Exact same product and batch (I bought bulk). Feeling amazing, sleeping like a champ and recovering quite well as weight is climbing back up from my recent bout with the vid.
The plot thickens for MK. Seems it's all over the place with how it affects people. Even the same person.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First, thank you for all the bloodwork and personal anecdote feedback! It is great for the community to share our experiences, especially when we can substantiate it.

Anecdotally, my fasted blood sugar raises 5 points or so on Mk677 even adding Berberine in, but it doesn’t continue to elevate. I have heard of plenty of folks who get this, but as long as it doesn’t continue to elevate it’s not really an issue. You being keto probably helps this.

Also, it definitely raises my prolactin - it actually gave me prolactin sensitive gyno using it for about half a year when I was otherwise not using any anabolics for several years (total test was mid 600s at the time and e2 around 40, very typical for me back then). Now I can lactate in my left nipple a tiny bit if prolactin gets high enough on a blast. It’s excellent you don’t experience this side effect, but there are definitely guys who do.
Did you take anything for prolactin while you were on it?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did you take anything for prolactin while you were on it?
Nope, had no idea it was a thing or there was a problem until suddenly there’s a new gyno gland that snuck up slowly without pain. People didn’t know as much about it back then, other than all the typical marketing bullshit that there can’t possibly be any sides and you can just take it year round.

Now if I use it I take 100mg P5P twice a day, and control estrogen tighter.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
ugsavage said:
It dosent raise it for everyone, but it definitely does for some ppl. I've seen it on more then one set of bloods. It tends to only happen to ppl who are sensitive to prolactin sides to being with from what I can tell. Now I'm very prolactin gyno sensitive but it does not seem to cause me any problems. But there are some ppl who start getting prolactin sides from it. There's also a form of gyno that happens from the GH and igf pathway, very rare but it's still a thing.

I don't quite understand it fully myself

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Incorrect Mk 677 does indeed raise prolactin. I have experienced this myself and also confirmed this with other well respected members on AM. Stop spreading misinformation. In fact post me some literature on the matter of Ibutamoren not reading prolactin. Prove me wrong buddy.

The raise in prolactin only occurs very slightly in most people. However when combining with another drug or taking more then 15 mg a day will eventually raise prolactin and cause several problems including the dreaded prolactin gyno. Just because you ran it and didn't see an increase in prolactin means nothing.

And nobody said anything about Mk 677 raising cortisol. We are talking about an increase in PR nothing to do with cortisol
Cortisol and prolactin have direct effects on each other, that's probably why he brought that up

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It also has the ability to, keep in mind I'm saying " it has the ability to" not it definitely will, but, there is a definite possibility that it can royally fluck up your insulin sensitivity. Some ppl not so much, some not at all, some will end up with a glucose numbers like a diabetic. The risk definitely exists

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
MK677 does not increase cortisol or prolactin, read this article:
(57) The Beauty Of Modern Science: Ibutamoren (MK-677) - AnabolicMinds.com | AnabolicMinds.com

Great post popeye, yes, we are not the only ones to notice this, read of another comparing the strength gain to a similar dose of dianabol. Full as ***** is indeed how I describe it too.

Sept 2018 labs (measured during 7month of taking mk677 daily) reveal labs to be completely normal for insulin sensitivity, and this was without taking +R-ALA or berberine. I have since added +R-ALA supplement the previous year & this year however (one before at least 2 of 3 meals). +R-ALA is also great post-workout, studies show the ability of +R-ALA to enhance insulin action on glucose metabolism in skeletal muscle, esp in those with some form of developed insulin resistance. As mentioned before, I'm on a year round keto diet, and have been for many years, and also fast from 3pm to 7am next morning, eat in an 8 hour window and run or do cardio during the fast (after 3pm).

(57) 25mg MK677 bloodwork FAQ = 4iu pharm grade HGH (used 25mg mk677 for 6 months out of the year for 5 years straight with 7 bloodworks) - AnabolicMinds.com
zzzzz normal blood glucose.JPG

Last edited:
jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Appreciate your protocol but a 29 gauge 1/2 " insulin syringe? Lmao you cant even properly hit the muscle. You might as well just shoot it sub q. Site injections are best with a 27 gauge 5/8 " insulin syringe not a 29 gauge 1/2 " the needle won't be hitting the muscle unless you have very little muscle to begin with
Really that's odd as I use 29g 1/2 inch insulin syringes having recently started trt and my follow up bloods showed my test has jumped from 14nmol to 25nmol. Clearly they do work, although I appreciate they aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
you can use 29g for IM depending on the site and how lean you are. it's almost always good enough for delts

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tregar

any reason to you dose MK in morning with coffee over taking MK at night?

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
chainsaw said:
any reason to you dose MK in morning with coffee over taking MK at night?
Chainsaw, so good to hear from you many times in this thread, love your posts. As mentioned in the FAQ, 25% of people like myself do not get lethargy on MK677, zero...the other 75% of people do get lethargy on it..in which I case if it makes you tired I recommend NOT using it, it's not worth it if it makes you tired...take something else like peptides or HGH, see my bloodwork using peptides in the FAQ. I take in morning because it has powerful nootropic effects on the brain, see FAQ, better energy all day, crystal clear clarity, no brain fog, improved mood, absolutely love taking it in the morning.

MK677 increases time in stage IV and REM sleep, greatly enhanced sleep, see 2nd study "Effects of a 7 day treatment on young men...."

According to attached study, you should take it in the morning for the greatest GH release, see pics.
pic 17.JPG

pickapec said:
I worked in clinical labs from 1988 to 1993. What tregar posted is normal range. Gluconeogenesis will produce glucose from glucogenic amino acids and blood glucose will be in normal range. 90 is in the normal range. Now, I would not use MK677 for 5 years 6 months at a clip like OP has either but it seems to work pretty well for him. But hey, we are all risk takers or else we would not be on a PED board putting some very gray area **** in our bodies. OP at least has done the diligence to track blood better than probably 95% of people doing this stuff. His information is gold really.
MrSmith45 said:
I had to stop after 3 weeks. Week 1, 12.5mg/day, Week 2&3, 25mg/day. Couldn't take the water retention, feet and ankles blew up and my forearms would get so pumped, I couldn't maintain a grip on the bar.
Sorry to hear that MrSmith45. When I started up again a week ago at 25mg, I noticed only very minimal water retention in the face that completely went away after a few days, along with the minor hunger pains, now it is smooth sailing...keep in mind I'm on a year round keto diet, so that is probably why the water retention in the face was so very minimal, now I look completely normal 1 week later, no signs of any water retention in face, the muscles still feel very full however, mega-pumps in the gym.

In conclusion, back in 2016, I found this brilliant article on MK677 on mindandmuscle.net, it has been preserved here:
https://anabolicminds.com/articles/beauty-modern-science-ibutamoren-mk-677-23731/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
After reading the article, 2 years later I bought some MK677 from China, and have used it ever since, and continue to buy it only from China. It's still dirt cheap from China, but here in the states it is marked up anywhere from x3 to x4 the China cost.

MK677 does not increase cortisol or prolactin, read above article.

Attachments

Last edited:
ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Really that's odd as I use 29g 1/2 inch insulin syringes having recently started trt and my follow up bloods showed my test has jumped from 14nmol to 25nmol. Clearly they do work, although I appreciate they aren't everyone's cup of tea.
Of course testosterone is systematic. You are most likely not getting the benefit of using oils however. You may think that however your just injecting subcutaneous tissue that surrounds the muscle. The difference is bioavailability and half life as injecting sub q tissue the ester will have no effect

It's basic science really nothing odd about it. In my experience injecting sub q is best for something without an ester not TRT

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
FrankStyer said:
If it increases GH then why wouldn't it help cause fat loss like GH - assuming calories are held equal?

Would there be any reason to avoid carbs around administration? Would the body want to release GH when insulin/glucose is high?
Thanks for kind words FrankStyer. I have actually found that on a keto diet, fat loss is accelerated beyond my normal keto diet and running x 3 times a week when taking MK677 contrary to the study that found there was no fat loss in subjects on a regular carb rich diet, so I disagree on the point that MK677 will not help with fat loss, so long as you follow a keto diet imho. Also, read the study above, by mindandmuscle.net author who lost 40lbs on it. Here is the study that found "Mean fat-free mass decreased in the placebo group but increased in the MK-677 group, however no significant differences were observed in abdominal visceral fat or total fat mass" https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/full/10.7326/0003-4819-149-9-200811040-00003?journalCode=aim

P.S. Nitrogen retention is extraordinary on it, MK677 reverses diet-induced catabolism, just like the study below, for example, I fast from 3pm till 7am the next day to maintain my 220lbs, 12% bodyfat, eat only in an 8 hour window, consuming only a 20g casein shake in water at 7pm during fast period, and I have been able to avoid any muscle loss and consistently add muscle and improve strength week after week while losing even more fat with the keto diet + MK677, a study on older adults showed a 25% increase in strength in un-trained very old adults (60 years old) on leg press exercises, however, in my experience, there is up to a 35% increase in strength in weight trained athletes like myself (I keep a weekly workout journal).

Like a member once posted, the strength gains on it can be compared to dianabol, I totally agree, there is an all day fullness in the muscles and mega pumps in the gym. Keep in mind my protein intake is around 1.2g per lb of body weight, use 6g CLA daily combined with 1.25g betaine before each meal, chromium picolinate, fish oil, daily 50g MET-rx protein plus shake or pudding with added 25g casein = 75g, HMB x 8g a day, HMB + BCAA's before cardio (20 minute run) to also help prevent any muscle catabolism.

MK677 Increases Muscle Mass in arms and legs of older 60 to 81 year old adults, 25% increase in strength: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/081104132902.htm

zzzzz pic 20.JPG

zzzzz pic 21.JPG

Last edited:
ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
FrankStyer said:
If it increases GH then why wouldn't it help cause fat loss like GH - assuming calories are held equal?

Would there be any reason to avoid carbs around administration? Would the body want to release GH when insulin/glucose is high?
Just to be clear Ibutamoren works in pulses throughout the day unlike traditional HGH. The initial pulse is upon dosing so avoid carbs one hour after dosing. The pulses will come and go throughout the day so it's best to avoid any kind of simple sugar and starch. Typically foods I avoid anyway but they will spike your insulin much worse then slow releasing complex carbs.

@tregar very good info brother. I completely agree with the increase in nitrogen retention and strength gains as well

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Like I said just because one small controlled study on elderly showed no increase in PR means nothing. This in no way determines if Ibutamoren raises PR!
You can be as stubborn as you want about it but to say there is no possiblity of PR increasing and to state this as fact is incorrect like I already mentioned. There is a reason it has not passed pre clinical trials and just because it works for you it may not be the best option for someone sensitive to PR or with decreased insulin sensitivity

As of June 2017, ibutamoren is in the preclinical stage of development for growth hormone deficiency.[3]

Since MK-677 is still an Investigational New Drug, it has not yet been approved to be marketed for consumption by humans in the United States.
[3]

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FrankStyer said:

Just to be clear Ibutamoren works in pulses throughout the day unlike traditional HGH. The initial pulse is upon dosing so avoid carbs one hour after dosing. The pulses will come and go throughout the day so it's best to avoid any kind of simple sugar and starch. Typically foods I avoid anyway but they will spike your insulin much worse then slow releasing complex carbs.

@tregar very good info brother. I completely agree with the increase in nitrogen retention and strength gains as well
With this that would make me think it would be best to use at night

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
tbh I think the people who don't get water retention at 25mg/day have underdosed or fake product

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
Chainsaw said:
With this that would make me think it would be best to use at night
See pics on post #72 above, there is a 25% greater increase in HGH if you take MK677 in the morning instead of at night. I also enjoy the nootropic effects of it all day long.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chainsaw said:

See pics on post #72 above, there is a 25% greater increase in HGH if you take MK677 in the morning instead of at night. I also enjoy the nootropic effects of it all day long.
Problem for me is in the past when I used it I took it in the morning but problem is I work early and eat breakfast as soon as i get up when taking mk. How would it work if I took a dose amd waited 45 minutes before I ate

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Of course testosterone is systematic. You are most likely not getting the benefit of using oils however. You may think that however your just injecting subcutaneous tissue that surrounds the muscle. The difference is bioavailability and half life as injecting sub q tissue the ester will have no effect

It's basic science really nothing odd about it. In my experience injecting sub q is best for something without an ester not TRT
Well it's clearly working as my test has practically doubled and I'm feeling a million times better than I have for years. Only negative is a bit of back acne break out. I'm on Sus 250 100mg a week and it's working. I did 6 runs this week on top of my usual weights program and being 47 I can't remember the last time I did that.

I'm sticking with the 29g 1/2 inch as im not having any negative experiences.

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
chainsaw said:
Problem for me is in the past when I used it I took it in the morning but problem is I work early and eat breakfast as soon as i get up when taking mk. How would it work if I took a dose amd waited 45 minutes before I ate
You can take it with food or without, makes no difference, either way MK677 is going to increase the frequency of low amplitude HGH releases, when tallied up = igf-1 of a gifted 18 year old. Love the stuff.

jim2509 said:
Well it's clearly working as my test has practically doubled and I'm feeling a million times better than I have for years. Only negative is a bit of back acne break out. I'm on Sus 250 100mg a week and it's working. I did 6 runs this week on top of my usual weights program and being 47 I can't remember the last time I did that.

I'm sticking with the 29g 1/2 inch as im not having any negative experiences.
Yes jim2509, 29g insulin syringes RULE for testosterone cypionate injections, inject into shoulder...takes a little bit more time to fill as it is an insulin syringe, but it injects fairly fast, I use 20 to 25mg per day.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
the main problem I have with doing morning 677 is I usually get tired and take a nap. might be good for the gains tho I guess

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
Kronic said:
the main problem I have with doing morning 677 is I usually get tired and take a nap. might be good for the gains tho I guess ic said:
jcc80 said:
I don't like regular doses of Mk-677, as I get fatigued and I can't deal with that.
Like I said on page 1, my only concern is that around 25% of people (like myself) never experience any lethargy on MK67, zero lethargy...however from the reviews I have read the other 75% of people do experience lethargy on it, in which case I would recommend NOT using it, it's just not worth it if it makes you tired. Find something else to use like peptides or HGH then.

Please note as well: HGH, peptides or MK677 will increases blood pressure around 7 points above normal, for me it takes my blood pressure from 110 to 117, which is still normal and considered very good blood pressure...this is due to water retention that occurs in the muscles.

On the 5 to 6 months off MK677, I use a blend of 5mg mod grf 1-29 (cjc-1295 no DAC) + 5mg ipamorelin (100 mcg of each) x 3 times a day, 1st thing in morning, pre-workout or pre-cardio on non workout days, and pre-bed

This is my bloodwork after using the blend for 2 weeks, as you can see it took me to the IGF-1 range of better than most 18 year olds, a remarkable 406 ng/ml IGF-1. I had the blood drawn at the local lab core approximately 1 hour after my first injection into skin pinch of my abdomen, I inject right under the skin subcutaneously x 3 times a day. Luckily, there was not much of a line of people in the morning, only 2 people in front of me. I go super early.

For those who suffer lethargy on MK677, there is hope, just use the peptide blend.

5mg mod grf 1-29 + 5mg ipamorelin
5000mcg (5mg) per vial
add 2ml bac water in vial
4iu (2 small tics, as each tic = 2iu) on a standard 100iu (1ml) insulin pin gives 100mcg of each
4iu (4 small tics, as each tic = 1iu) on a 3/10 syringe insulin pin gives 100mcg of each

Peptide Calculator - Reconstituting Bodybuilding Peptides (basskilleronline.com)

zzzzz pic 14.JPG

Last edited:
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
or I could just use it in the evening and sleep really good

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
Kronic said:
or I could just use it in the evening and sleep really good
MK677 has a 12 hour half life, so if you experience lethargy on it, it will continue to impart that effect all next morning and afternoon...the 25% of people who respond with zero lethargy to it produce high amounts of baseline IGF-1 and HGH naturally, those like myself, baseline of 225 igf-1 for my age is considered high, and MK677 takes me to 372 igf-1, that of a gifted 18 year old.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Kronic said:
MK677 has a 12 hour half life, so if you experience lethargy on it, it will continue to impart that effect all next morning and afternoon...the 25% of people who respond with zero lethargy to it produce high amounts of baseline IGF-1 and HGH naturally, those like myself, baseline of 225 igf-1 for my age is considered high, and MK677 takes me to 372 igf-1, that of a gifted 18 year old.
I don't think you get it, it helps me sleep,and if I take it in the evening I don't get tired during the day. are you saying it doesn't give me any benefit because I'm not in your 25%? stop repeating yourself over and over

Last edited:
ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don't think you get it, it helps me sleep,and if I take it in the evening I don't get tired during the day. are you saying it doesn't give me any benefit because I'm not in your 25%? stop repeating yourself over and over
Lol I think his concern was that you felt lethargic during the day if you were dosing AM. In reality we can look at charts and graphs all day long but the difference is negligible. IGF will stay elevated for up to 24 hours. Some studies say elimination half life is 4 to 6 hours and others say 12. However if your dosing 5 days a week then IGF 1 levels will stay elevated keeping you in the range of a healthy 18 year old male like @tregar already mentioned. Now if you were to stop taking MK 677 all of a sudden your IGF 1 levels would still stay elevated for several days and even weeks after stopping.

As for experiencing lethargy it makes no difference personally dosing AM or PM. I have experienced lethargy a thousand times over it won't stop me from running a compound if it's working for me and I'm seeing results

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
I would not have to keep repeating myself it if weren't for the same questions over and over, please refer to FAQ:
(57) 25mg MK677 bloodwork FAQ = 4iu pharm grade HGH (used 25mg mk677 for 6 months out of the year for 5 years straight with 7 bloodworks) - AnabolicMinds.com
Adios. Good luck. Taking it in the evening will result in 30% LESS HGH, see study above, pics on post #72 on why this is so...it is not very effective taken at night, AM only for best results. People, you must read the studies, read, read, read.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ive never ran it nor i dont think i ever will .. but from search it seems like no muscle building abilities but people sleep better on it

( quick search from forum members )
Is this you from 2016? 🤔
Still ongoing ? Dosage ?

Yeah I got a bottle of this .. Plan on running it in near future