Mind Steriods or Noots

domore

Awards
You can take it in the day as well. The Jarrow Formula's MagMind brand recommends one capsule in the AM and 2 in the PM, but it can be taken whenever realistically. 3 caps before bed is awesome for me.
Thanks, bioman. Jarrow's is the cheapest I have seen as well.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys only take Magnesium Threonate at night?
I split the doses these days. I usually take one ani and two Magnesium Threonates about an hour before bed, then I meditate for about 45 minutes before sleeping. That helps me get past most of my sleeping issues 80% of the time. Upon awaking I will have a cup of coffee with light meal and take another ani with one Magnesium Threonate. The memory enhancing effects last all day anyhow with this program, and I usually awaken feeling better than good mentally.

domore

Awards
I split the doses these days. I usually take one ani and two Magnesium Threonates about an hour before bed, then I meditate for about 45 minutes before sleeping. That helps me get past most of my sleeping issues 80% of the time. Upon awaking I will have a cup of coffee with light meal and take another ani with one Magnesium Threonate. The memory enhancing effects last all day anyhow with this program, and I usually awaken feeling better than good mentally.
Thanks, tuberman. I picked up some ani as well. Excited to get this going.

RicFlair

Awards
joe rogan is always pushing alpha brain on his podcast. Anyone try that??

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
joe rogan is always pushing alpha brain on his podcast. Anyone try that??
Joe rogan is a man that would know his mind altering supps. It looks like a decent stack of the more popular nootropics on the market. But at 35 dollars for just 15 servings you are best served shopping for something else.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO- Aniracetam, choline bitartrate (the minimum choline source, I think), and then another that compliments the stack. This is subjective to what you are looking for. I recently fell in love with bacopa, but used to really like huperzine a and also like Rhodiola most of the time. Some like ALCAR. Oh, and l-theanine- which has been proven in scientific studies to increase alpha brain waves.

For me, all starts with a base of choline and aniracetam, and occasionally l-theanine- with bacopa now ready to christened as a regular. I personally like alpha-gpc for a choline source.

You could do this for $30-45 a month.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just wish they made a caffeine free version. 200mg makes me jumpy and would negate the effects of the other valuable ingredients.

dallasboy22

dallasboy22

Awards
  • Established
Just wish they made a caffeine free version. 200mg makes me jumpy and would negate the effects of the other valuable ingredients.
Ummm....the do. Released it a month or so ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
I've decided to add D-Serine to my stack to see if it does anything. I ordered today, and will get it next Tuesday or Wednesday. Also ordered some GPLC and L-Theanine Powder. The GPLC will be part of my pre-workout.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't know why I mess with what I know works.

I ran out of Alpha GPC and Ani about 3 weeks ago after poor management of amounts that I thought I had left. Well, life has been so good for so long with it, that I think I became numb to what it felt like not on it. So I didn't reorder and ordered Focus XT to try. Big mistake. About 3 days into being off Ani and taking Focus XT, I felt my anxiety starting to creep back. So, I cut the Focus out and it settled down, but I noticed that I was getting the butterflies before big meetings because my mind was jumbled and I was thinking of worse case scenarios. In short, it really sucked. I could pull through things, but not with comfort and ease in my mind.

So, I reordered some Ani last week and it came on Monday. I started back on my 750 twice a day and by Tuesday, I literally felt a wave of relief. Here it is Thursday and I simply am at ease again. Clear thinking, rational thoughts, and focused in a relaxed way.

I won't make this mistake a third time (I did this once before). There is no question in my mind that Ani is one of the best anti-anxiety supplements you can take. I would recommend it over anything else.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Don't know why I mess with what I know works.

I ran out of Alpha GPC and Ani about 3 weeks ago after poor management of amounts that I thought I had left. Well, life has been so good for so long with it, that I think I became numb to what it felt like not on it. So I didn't reorder and ordered Focus XT to try. Big mistake. About 3 days into being off Ani and taking Focus XT, I felt my anxiety starting to creep back. So, I cut the Focus out and it settled down, but I noticed that I was getting the butterflies before big meetings because my mind was jumbled and I was thinking of worse case scenarios. In short, it really sucked. I could pull through things, but not with comfort and ease in my mind.

So, I reordered some Ani last week and it came on Monday. I started back on my 750 twice a day and by Tuesday, I literally felt a wave of relief. Here it is Thursday and I simply am at ease again. Clear thinking, rational thoughts, and focused in a relaxed way.

I won't make this mistake a third time (I did this once before). There is no question in my mind that Ani is one of the best anti-anxiety supplements you can take. I would recommend it over anything else.
kisaj,

In about 2 more weeks, I'll order another 3 months worth of aniracetam. I've used it for almost 7 months now, I believe. I gonna keep on keepin' on with it too.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I'm in for the ride.

My personal favorite and a staple of mine is Aniracetam. I have yet to find anything that works better for anxiety and public speaking. This stuff is simply amazing to me and 30 min after taking it, my head just clears up and words are so easy to find when talking. I can't imagine being without it.

Piracetam- I hated it. I played with the doses and could never get it right. It made me tired, irritable, slow, and was bad for public speaking. Maybe it would be good for studying, where you don't have to interact with people, but it did not sit well with me. I tried adjusting choline levels too.

Oxiracetam- I liked it, but was very similar to huperzine-a to me with the mental energy and if you take too much, the anxiety. It is good stuff, but expensive, when I could get huperzine for a 1/3 of the price and essentially have the same effects.

I look forward to you review on noopept because there are mixed ones out there. That is part of the experimental part of noots- everyone reacts differently.
Can you take these supplements if you're on an antidepressant?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure and I wouldn't want to guess, to be honest with you. I think that everyone may have different needs and something that is prescribed may be done so for a reason. For me, I am always looking for an edge and do have some mild anxiety, for which my stack works wonderfully.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Can you take these supplements if you're on an antidepressant?
If you do take them with anti-depressants, I'd be cautious. SSRIs for example potentiate other actives, or make them stronger. Check on any other counteractions or interactions as well.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
glad I found this thread, ive recently been alternating noopept and Demurge thoughout the week not back to back and not stacked and not on weekends, sometimes 3 sometimes 4 days a week Id have this combo.

today I added choline bitarate to help with memory etc.

to be exact 10mg of Noopept 2000 mg of choline bit. 1.5 g capped of my Cit mal ( I have a pt test in 2 weeks and have been running after work) and 3 Ergoshred.

I was dialed in and wired like a microwave, just flying through my negotiations course, felt great. by the end of class, massive headaches behind the eyes and even a bit of difficulty seeing in the dark while driving. I added another 1.5 of Bit and cit mal after class at 3pm to run for a bit headache is kind of still here.

I know there is a **** ton of variables but can choline cause headaches? I have not had them prior to adding and all that I have read says choline could reduce

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
glad I found this thread, ive recently been alternating noopept and Demurge thoughout the week not back to back and not stacked and not on weekends, sometimes 3 sometimes 4 days a week Id have this combo.

today I added choline bitarate to help with memory etc.

to be exact 10mg of Noopept 2000 mg of choline bit. 1.5 g capped of my Cit mal ( I have a pt test in 2 weeks and have been running after work) and 3 Ergoshred.

I was dialed in and wired like a microwave, just flying through my negotiations course, felt great. by the end of class, massive headaches behind the eyes and even a bit of difficulty seeing in the dark while driving. I added another 1.5 of Bit and cit mal after class at 3pm to run for a bit headache is kind of still here.

I know there is a **** ton of variables but can choline cause headaches? I have not had them prior to adding and all that I have read says choline could reduce
Yep, Choline can cause headaches, if you take a bit too much or if you take it with one of the several supplements that make choline last longer. Try cutting back on amount. I usually take 500-750mg of citicholine, and will get mild headaches at the 1 gram level.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Yep, Choline can cause headaches, if you take a bit too much or if you take it with one of the several supplements that make choline last longer. Try cutting back on amount. I usually take 500-750mg of citicholine, and will get mild headaches at the 1 gram level.

thank you, will do, i tell ya i was wired eyes wide open wired kind of good kind of not lol

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
So can we safely say that Noopept combines all the positive effects of racetams into one supplement at a much smaller dose?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, because some people do not have positive reactions to Noopept, but they will with individual racetams.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Eh, kinda sorta. Some people even question whether noopept is even a racetam. I'm not versed enough in chemical structure to say yeah or nay. The dosing is much smaller though. For me, the effects feel like an amped up phenylpiracetam with an edgy component.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Eh, kinda sorta. Some people even question whether noopept is even a racetam. I'm not versed enough in chemical structure to say yeah or nay. The dosing is much smaller though. For me, the effects feel like an amped up phenylpiracetam with an edgy component.
What do you guys think about a Noopept and L-dopa stack. My reasoning behind combining the two is that Noopept is reportedly subtle in its effects. What this means to most people is that it works but they want a "high" to make it obvious that it is working. The L-dopa would provide that missing euphoria. Do you guys think this is safe? What about for the social drinker or smoker who already mess with the dopamine levels in their brain?

xsiv1

xsiv1

Awards
I wouldn't bother with l-dopa as it's not the best thing for you. Try acetyl-l-tyrosine instead if you're looking to bump up dopamine safely. DLPA, with B6 and a gram of C is my preference. Definite mood lift. Also, I only take ALCAR or 500 mgs citicholine with my 10mg dose of noopept and never get a headache. Noopept is more of a peptide and combines well with aniracetam and an EFA. Try it and thank me later. :)

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
I wouldn't bother with l-dopa as it's not the best thing for you. Try acetyl-l-tyrosine instead if you're looking to bump up dopamine safely. DLPA, with B6 and a gram of C is my preference. Definite mood lift. Also, I only take ALCAR or 500 mgs citicholine with my 10mg dose of noopept and never get a headache. Noopept is more of a peptide and combines well with aniracetam and an EFA. Try it and thank me later. :)

Whats are DLPA and EFA? I know about racetams but i havent ventured into any other noots, how much ani should I combine with the noopept? I thought about noopept and ani but I thought it would be overkill. I tried Pira for a few weeks and it didnt do much for me but give a weird tunnelvision for the first 45 minutes and lucid dreams.

xsiv1

xsiv1

Awards
DLPA is DL-Phenylalanine (DLPA). Google it. It works good for a mood lift and chronic aches/pain. I take my aniracetam (200 cps of 750mg), with ALCAR in the morning and a couple hours later use Noopept with 250-500mgs of Alpha-GPC as my choline source. I try to limit my choline to that each day except what I'm getting in food as it tends to interfere with sleep for me if I take too much. You want to take just enough to not get a headache from the racetams but not that much where choline interferes with sleep and especially not more if it's the choline giving you the headache. But once you become more aware of what your brain can take, it's not a problem to combine 1500-1600mgs of Aniracetam with ALCAR or Alpha-GPC and 10mgs Noopept. I don't take any Nootropics beyond 2:30pm unless it's the weekend. I need to function at a higher level during work and the rest is my workout and family/friends.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
dialed back choline bit. to 800 mgs in morning 800 mg in afternoon

all is good

alternating between noopept and demiurge

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heads up that Amazon just pulled all racetams from their site. No idea why, but if I catch word that it is the start of something, better bet I'll have a few years of Ani coming my way.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone in here taking and liking Stablon? I'm about to order myself some more again for longterm use. I have no need for other noots when I'm on stablon. Does everything I need it to, it's just a bit pricey.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Heads up that Amazon just pulled all racetams from their site. No idea why, but if I catch word that it is the start of something, better bet I'll have a few years of Ani coming my way.
Well, there are some Chinese suppliers that you can get a full kilo of ani for about $140 including shipping. That's about 22 months worth at 45 grams per month. I've heard you should use Western Union though to purchase, as you need proof of purchase not to get ripped off.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
aniracetam, piracetam, pramiracitam, oxiracetam. You know, noots. Lol.
Gotcha!!! Lol I've never seen it shortened like that before. And I doubt that they are being pulled for good. Worst comes to worse they should always be available through a research chem company or if all else fails, find a Chinese supplier

~ MANotaur

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, there are some Chinese suppliers that you can get a full kilo of ani for about $140 including shipping. That's about 22 months worth at 45 grams per month. I've heard you should use Western Union though to purchase, as you need proof of purchase not to get ripped off.
I'd trust you over most anyone on this subject. Have you gone this route before? That is one hell of a deal, but I would be concerned about quality.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
China has fake everything. I wouldnt trust them as far as noots go since they are highly untested.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I fear buying noots from china myself

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a lot of the same Amazon sellers are still on Ebay...at least for the moment. I don't know what the shelf life of Ani is, but I have about a year's worth at the moment and am hesitant to stock up on more.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The last two bottles I bought had an expiration of 8/14, so I am going to pick up a year or so worth and hope that things change.

Interesting, I just received the first of my 2 year supply and none of the bottles have expiration dates. I called the company and they said that as long as the bottles stay in cool or room temperature, they will be fine for 2-3 years and then the potency "may" start to decrease a little. They didn't have any evidence of this, but searching on other forums, 2-4 years seems to be what others have found.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
how effective are the noots?? ive been curious to try them but I cant really see them making a big difference? what are some of yalls experiences??

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Noots are curious because they affect people a little differently. You really need to read up on them and experiment. For most of us, they are incredible. I've posted this many times, but I had a different experience on all of them and Aniracetam is about the closest thing I have ever found to the perfect mind/body supplement. After taking it for sometime, I know what to expect now, but it was a real eye opener when I first started.

45min-1 hour after ingestion: a slight wave of relief and calmness in my mind. Almost like things slow down slightly and it is easier to pull things together and focus. Some people get a tired feeling when they are first starting because they likely aren't used to this "slowing down". For me, with a mind that doesn't stop, it was welcome. Then for the next 2-5 hours, you have a feel of very clear and quick recall. No looking for words and no awareness of having to think of how or what to say. It is very good for social activities and speaking engagements because it helps confidence in your talking. The fact that it has been shown as a potent anxiolytic likely aids in this social confidence as well.

Pramiracetam made me very aware and mentally awake, but at the detriment of feeling well physically. It made me sweaty and anxious and looking for things to do. A cool feeling, but almost like I drank a pot of coffee. Makes it hard in social situations.

Piracetam made me very tired and dull. I could see it being good for heavy studying or reading a book, but very emotionally dull and just "out of it". For some people, it works very well, it didn't for me.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Ive read that everybody reats differently to each one and that you kind of just have to find your favorite...I was lookin at ergotox specifically because it has the most available research that i have found.

and are all of these safet to take with SSRIs??

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
I've found that I get absolutely nothing from aniracetam unless I take it with fish oil. It was useless even after eating fatty foods or drinking milk. I'm currently a week in of using BoostYour grade's Ani-choline combo.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What was the effect you were able to feel after including the fish oil? I am very familiar with what to expect from Ani, but always interested in others findings.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
What was the effect you were able to feel after including the fish oil? I am very familiar with what to expect from Ani, but always interested in others findings.
Well sort of a dark focused feeling came over me. For the first 40 minutes or so, i dont necessarily feel clear or smarter on it but i can tell that I am moving in the direction of being able to "think before I speak". Ill come back and update it when i feel something different.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
BoostYour grade's Ani-choline combo ?