MidwestBeast's General Training Log

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Figured I would go ahead and toss a lot up. Heading out of town for the week, so things will be a bit off, but I'm dialing it in as soon as I'm back -- no waiting a few more days til January 1 hits or anything lol.

I've got a pretty nice stack planned and know I had a few requests to log it already. This won't be a full blown product log, but I'll update this as I can and I'm always checking in anyway, so it's easy enough to answer questions.

Waking up early to knock out my heavy chest session before hitting the road for 10 hours.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
In for the good times

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
In!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Bruhhhh where's da gainzzzz

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, so I'm gonna start updating this regularly.

Took a deload week last week (first time taking 6 days in a row off in possibly years). That managed to be followed up by some random things this week (car trouble for the wife, etc.) kept me out the past 3 days.

I'm a creature of habit and getting out of my routine really screwed me. It also had my energy and mood as crap without the normal release of endorphins I get.

So I managed to get a great high volume arm session in this evening. Made increases on almost every lift and my arms are just swollen -- like they cramp up if I'm not careful (trying to shave when I got home had that happen a few times).

Tomorrow will be a combo of delts/traps AND legs.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got in a great high volume delts and traps session today while my car was in getting the wheels aligned.

Went up on DB OHPs -- got 65's for 4x25, followed by 40x25 and 30x25 for sets 5 and 6.

Life Fitness side lateral raise machine got 40x25 for 4 sets (solo -- allows me to make sure the delt is getting worked properly) and a set of 30x25 after.

17.5x25 for 2 sets of solo reverse cable fly on the rings to got rear delts. Jumped up to 20x25 for the last 2 sets.

Smith machine shrugs (over/under grip, no straps) 320x25 for 4 sets. 180x30 (overhand), 90x40 (overhand).

Finished at a 90* stance to the bar on the Smith and did solo shrugs -- 90x25 for 4 sets.

Arms are gonna be killing tomorrow at basketball.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was in charge of basketball today at the church as my friend who normally does it was out of town for work. Not really much responsibility; luckily most people who show up are respectful. But lately we've been getting a lot more people showing up. So I said first 10 in would play game 1 today (rather wait til start time and pick, which often leaves guys who got there 20 min early on the sideline). So we got started 10 min early, which was good.

By the time the game was done, we had 14 more on the sidelines. Many who I have never seen before lol. So unfortunately I had to blow it up and do new captains and 4 teams of 6. Half court 5 on 5 with a sub on each team. That lasted the next 1.5 hrs and then enough people finally left we were able to get one final full court game in.

I've got 6 miles logged today (via fitbit) and 5 were from ball. Sipping on some more Alphamine right now and resting a bit post-shower to get some energy back to clean the house up some more.

High volume chest workout on tap for 5 AM.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday's workout was pretty solid:

Feb 1.jpg

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today's wasn't as great; not bad, just got cut short because I wasted 10 minutes trying to grab gas before I went to the gym and apparently the station wasn't open even though it would accept my card; just wouldn't pump gas lol. And then I got sidetracked talking to someone just because I told him I liked his sweatshirt. That was my bad, but all in all, it was worth it. He's only been in the area for about a year and said he and his wife weren't really sold on where they were going to church, etc., so we talked about that a bit as well as some Christian music -- so that was cool.

Numbers all the way to the left indicate the order in which the lifts were done since I wrote them out as I planned on doing them, but adjusted based on availability of machines/stations.

Feb 2.jpg

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha @ the sweatshirt delay.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahaha @ the sweatshirt delay.
I legitimately avoid talking to anyone if I can. But I'd seen him a couple times now and each time wearing fath based stuff, so I just wanted to tell him I liked the hoody. Then it turned to talk from there :)

All good, though. In the grand scheme of things that's far more important.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Feb 4.jpg

Wednesday was my off day. Was going to squeeze in some cardio, but just had way too much going on (we're doing Financial Peace University at our church and so the wife and I had to sit down and work on a few things before we went into class that night, too).

Got in a solid heavy arm session yesterday and that was even after having some blood drawn post doc's appt.

Today is gonna be another off day because my parents get into town by the time I get off of work. I'll be knocking out both a heavy legs and delts/traps session early tomorrow morning followed up immediately by flag football...gonna feel tired after that one lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workouts from the past few days (hopefully the file attaches -- haven't uploaded from the app before)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
0208162026.jpg

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Hahah man I love that you write the workouts down on paper instead of in a phone. Reminds me of the old school Dorian Yates style.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where's the nudes?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahah man I love that you write the workouts down on paper instead of in a phone. Reminds me of the old school Dorian Yates style.
Started back in college. Started really training in HS for baseball, but we had pre-set workouts and basically just a checklist to work with. I can't even remember if we wrote in our weight or not. But they made us lift and then do sprints after, so it sucked and we didn't push as hard as we could have. Because no one is there making sure I squat, but they time all of us on the run and if you fall behind, you get chewed -- so we always pulled up lighter on the leg work because of that, which sucked.

But I have I think 4 composition notebooks that date back 12-13 years worth of all my training. It's just what I'm used to and I don't want to switch over to keying anything in. Writing it is quicker for me and I just know I won't go back in later and do it on the computer. So it's worked well for me.

Where's the nudes?
check PMs ;)

Hahaha the question we've all been waiting for!
I actually went to the print shop and had a full size banner printed out for you -- just waiting on your shipping info ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So for some reason, either I'm oblivious or the app didn't update me that you guys even posted in here -- I just now saw this, so that was disappointing. I've been snapping photos of my notebook post-workout and have just forgotten to upload it (days out of the office do that to me).

So here is everything since my last update:

Feb 10 - 13.jpg

Feb 14 15.jpg

Feb 16.jpg

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The number circled in the top right corner of each date is my morning weight.

For the other ones that have a number circled (closer to the middle), that's the time of the workout -- the only ones I time are my HIT week (high intensity -- circuits, basically).

To the right side of the page, arrows indicate an increase or decrease in weight on at least one set and a straight line indicates no change from last time I did the same workout (e.g. my heavy week is done every other week, but my volume and intensity weeks are almost only once a month).

Off to the left, I try to indicate the time of my workouts (most are in the morning except for weekends or random times things change (like yesterday having a snow day and shoveling the drive first, going to an eye appt., and then to the gym after).

Under the date you'll see my pre and intra workout. Most of the time it says "Same pre // same intra" but you can see where yesterday I tried the sample pack of Conquer Unleashed and today I did High Volume + caffeine (I'd previously been using ModernPre). And my intra is always 5g taurine + 1 scoop Compete (unless otherwise noted, but seriously, it's been the same for years).

Played full court basketball for 2.5 hours on Sunday. We literally only had 10 people show up because of the weather, so we only stopped at the end of the game to get a drink and then reset. I was dead by the end. Fitbit had me logged at 7+ miles.

And shoveled snow yesterday, but actually labeled it as cardio because I went hardcore at it and was absolutely drenched in sweat by the end of it. It was pretty intense (largely because I waited until I had to leave for my eye appt., so it HAD to get done in time lol.

And on Saturday I did some sprint work after my lift. Did a full mile of sprinting the long sides of the oval track and walking the short corners. Followed that up with my first bit of direct ab work in years.

Tomorrow is my off day, but I'll probably do cardio again. I may try to actually head into the gym so I can do sprints on the track. I have a treadmill and it's really good, but I hate sprinting on it.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoveling snow, if done right, is truly intense. I always make it a sport when I do it and yeah, I'm always drenched in sweat by the end of it.
Depends on the day for me. Usually snow falls on a day when I already have a lifting session planned, so I get pissed if it's a lot (e.g. a couple weeks ago it happened on my scheduled heavy back day, but there were like 8 inches to move and our drive is about 50 yards long with a huge platform by the garage that's about 20'x60' -- wasn't doing deads after clearing all that). So sometimes I move slow and others I just go nuts and burn it out -- burned it out the other day for sure.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday I only took in about 600 calories through the morning (all from protein shakes lol), because I knew I had baked ziti waiting for me at home. Wife made it the night before but the chicken wasn't thawed, so she didn't put any in there -- so I only had a small piece because I needed more protein to hit my macros.

Anyway, I got home and baked the chicken and then diced it up and added it to the ziti and had a nice, big bowl. It was delicious and quite rewarding.

Woke up this morning at 234.0 -- very pleased with the progress so far.

Was going to hit the gym and do a cardio session in the morning, but decided to just sleep in instead. Logged about 10 hours of sleep and feel amazing from it.

Financial Peace University class tonight with the wife and keeping cals low today since it's an off day; will go back to my heavy/Max-OT style lifting tomorrow with arms in the AM.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
0218160607.jpg

Kregal

Awards
I notice you play lots of basketball. I play 4-7 days a week myself depending on schedule. What's your favorite pre basketball stack? I saw in another thread you use ephedrine and caffeine. I use some caffeine but don't like being jittery as I mainly am shooting 3s. Did the ephedrine make you jittery at all?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everything is looking good, Midwest. :)