Methyl Blue Review

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So first things first; I have an incredibly high tolerance for stims. Have used and enjoyed all of them over the past 30 years going back to Dymetadrine 25, Ultimate Orange, original Stimulant X, SlimXtreme, Craze etc.. I'd list amounts, but frankly it's best just to say "a LOT". I use and enjoy ephedrine the most, with nothing but upside to show for it (including a huge bump in HDL levels, no BP issues etc). The list also includes Rx Vynanse, Modafinial and it's pro-drug, Adrafinil, DMHA, DMBA and probably a dozen more I forgot about, LOL.

Methyl Blue is an excellent product IMO, and compares favorably to my personal benchmark, ephedrine/caffeine. The first and only time a clean product (meaning not spiked with something extra) has done so. I tried 4 caps out of the gate, and noted a distinct mood boost within the first half hour. Nothing crazy, just felt good and focused. Two days off (no stims) then re-dosed this morning, taking 5 caps plus 160mg of caffeine. BIG difference and it kicked in right away, within the first 10 minutes. I sit here about 4 hours later noting pleasant energy, excellent focus and motivated to train/research or write, which I do a lot of. Note this didn't and likely wasn't just the caffeine, as I average ... a LOT daily and more importantly, know what it feels like. So around 300mg (150 from MB, 160 from caffeine tab) is actually quite a step down.

At 5 caps I feel noticeably energized and "ready". Not too much, just enough to get going and really focus on what I'm doing. Alert, awake and motivated. This is certainly comparable to ephedrine/caffeine IMO, although without the jitters and crash that comes along with higher doses. To my mind, we finally have something worthy of being paired with caffeine. Something with a quite complementary effect, meaning no crash and it feels very smooth. Nor does it feel illegal or sketchy, such as the designer stim included in SlimXtreme/Craze. I know well what those feel like, and still have some Craze laying around for comparison. This is nothing like that.

As one formulator to another, I want to congratulate (Mike) I think it is? Bravo brother, bravo. This has been a long time coming, and only wish more companies put this much thought into research and development.

PS I bought this product with my own money and have zero vested interest.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Mike has been super busy working on some new products but if he doesn't see this il send him the link. I have a feeling he will be very appreciative of your review

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Mike has been super busy working on some new products but if he doesn't see this il send him the link. I have a feeling he will be very appreciative of your review
Excited to see the new products he has in store!!!

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Excellent review thank you!

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So today I took 6 caps of Methyl Blue, with an additional 200mg natural caffeine (from Guarana), some EGCG plus my usual Bacopa. I really felt this, it was an amazing jolt every bit as strong as ephedrine + caffeine (and then some). Almost too much. These other items are MAO inhibitors BTW(1,2), which I correctly guessed would add to the effect. Right now (90 minutes later) it's leveled out and still going strong - VERY awake, alert and focused lol. Strange too, as it doesn't feel like heart rate is affected, nor am I sweating buckets or shaky.

I would caution against the use of additional stims (other than perhaps caffeine), or other items that may have varying degrees of MAO inhibition.

Stuff is strong enough by itself and the real deal, so do take care when using it!

*Guarana and Green Tea both contain catechins, which act as MAO inhibitors. If I'm reading this right, they have selective MAO-B activity.
*https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24449518/ Bacopa - Bacopaside I and bacoside A mixture inhibited both MAO-A and MAO-B enzymes. Bacopaside I is the major constituent, which appears to inhibit the MAO-A enzyme selectively.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So today I took 6 caps of Methyl Blue, with an additional 200mg natural caffeine (from Guarana), some EGCG plus my usual Bacopa. I really felt this, it was an amazing jolt every bit as strong as ephedrine + caffeine (and then some). Almost too much. These other items are MAO inhibitors BTW(1,2), which I correctly guessed would add to the effect. Right now (90 minutes later) it's leveled out and still going strong - VERY awake, alert and focused lol. Strange too, as it doesn't feel like heart rate is affected, nor am I sweating buckets or shaky.

I would caution against the use of additional stims (other than perhaps caffeine), or other items that may have varying degrees of MAO inhibition.

Stuff is strong enough by itself and the real deal, so do take care when using it!

*Guarana and Green Tea both contain catechins, which act as MAO inhibitors. If I'm reading this right, they have selective MAO-B activity.
*https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24449518/ Bacopa - Bacopaside I and bacoside A mixture inhibited both MAO-A and MAO-B enzymes. Bacopaside I is the major constituent, which appears to inhibit the MAO-A enzyme selectively.
I'm only saying this because I keep seeing ppl say "natural caffeine" instead of just saying caffeine which leads me to believe that some ppl may think that "natural caffeine" is somehow safer or healthier or different in some way, it's not. There pretty much identical, have identical effects and side effects. I'm not saying that you believe one to be different then the other, I just keep seeing ppl say this and I also see companies labeling things natural caffeine which is a marketing thing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nootropics 22
WesleyInman MA Labs 0
Product Reviews 2
MA Labs 13
WesleyInman MA Labs 5