Methods to reduce SHBG

T

The Stig

Awards
Long story short, my SHBG is very very high. My doc tried me on clomid, which made me a wreck. He now wants me to give it another go, but with arimidex. I don't have real recent baseline labs, as the provincial labs are refusing to complete most tests at the moment. As such, I am uncertain where my estroidal is, which is less than ideal. Anyway, 7 days @ 25mg clomid per day and 1 mg arimidex (2 times per week) and I am a wreck again. Anxiety through the roof. Frankly, the arimidex is a pretty healthy dose. However, in dropping the clomid, I start to feel better within a few days, which makes me wonder if the the side effects I get from clomid are independant from estroidal being elevated. My question is, has anyone tried this combination and had elevated SHBG in spite of estroidal being in check? Also, is flat out TRT a more practical route in the face of elevated SHBG. I can't get proviron here, otherwise I'd try it.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you type 1 diabetic? That's a lot of Arimidex without injecting [a lot of] testosterone and Clomid will cause false reading for E2 on blood work. Clomid for HRT in men is overdosed, 12.5-25mg 3 x weekly is usually enough to maintain serum testosterone levels. Used at too high a dose for too long causes the pituitary to desensitize to GHRH. There are studies on the net. It takes some testing to get all that figured out for your body.

Last edited:
S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree that your dose of Arimidex is high. You possibly have crushed your E2 and that could be where your anxiety is coming from.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For reference, I’m on 1mg Arimidex 2x per week as well but also taking 200mg/wk Test Cyp as my TRT protocol. I can’t imagine taking that dose of Arimidex if I wasn’t on test!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You won't be doing any harm by supplementing with:

• Magnesium
  • Stinging Nettle Root (not leaf, although the leaf is good for allergies)
  • Zinc
  • Boron
  • Fish Oil
  • Vitamin D

T

The Stig

Awards
For reference, I’m on 1mg Arimidex 2x per week as well but also taking 200mg/wk Test Cyp as my TRT protocol. I can’t imagine taking that dose of Arimidex if I wasn’t on test!
Agreed. All I could get out of the doc for now is 15 grams of androgel per day in conjunction. I'd rather pin, but his dosage recommendations were too low in my opinion, so I opted for the gel for now.

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
my doctor prescribed 25 mg of clomid eod for me. I would think 50 ed is overkill

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What type of side effects do you notice from clomid? I've noticed zero sides basically. Maybe initial anxiety which is gone now. I am actually feeling kind of calm and relaxed

Last edited:
Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What type of side effects do you notice from clomid. I've noticed zero sides basically. Maybe initial anxiety which is gone now. I am actually feeling kind of calm and relaxed
My experience is limited, but I understand there can be huge differences between the way people react to Clomid. Take libido, for example. I have heard Clomid can increase libido. For me, it did not - and it may have reduced it. And that was at 12.5 mg 2X per week

Again, free advice and experience tends to be worth what you paid for it - and this was free.

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My experience is limited, but I understand there can be huge differences between the way people react to Clomid. Take libido, for example. I have heard Clomid can increase libido. For me, it did not - and it may have reduced it. And that was at 12.5 mg 2X per week

Again, free advice and experience tends to be worth what you paid for it - and this was free.
interesting . I’m liking it so far and I’m noticing my libido is finally starting to come to normal. I’ve been seeking girls more, lol. Which may be unrelated to clomid but it hasn’t reduced anything.
I’m naturally low t , so maybe if one caused it from using ph or anabolics , the effects of clomid will have an opposite effect, though. The anabolicdoc mentioned this.

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So you taking 2mg a week for 200mg test a week? What’s your estro on that dose?

I’m prescribed 1mg on 200mg test weekly but was think to reduce to 0.5mg.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Boron 6mg x2 daily can lower SHBG too. Its safe maximum dose is 20mg daily so more isn't better.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I get bloodwork every six months...my E2 was 90 pmol/L on my last set of labs which to me is high considering the 2mg Anastrozole i take each week

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I get bloodwork every six months...my E2 was 90 pmol/L on my last set of labs which to me is high considering the 2mg Anastrozole i take each week

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That sounds like too much arimidex.. think you will crush your E2..

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Urtica Dioica can bind to SHBG and deactivate it.

Also, lignans from Stinging Nettle may interfere with Sex-Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) and prevent it from associated with androgens and estrogens. A 10% hydroalcoholic extract can decrease binding of DHT to SHBG by up to 67%, and slightly lesser effects are seen with aqueous extracts.[20][21] The inhibition appears to be dose dependent in vitro.[22] Isolated lignans retain this potency, inhibiting and even displacing DHT from SHGB by 60%(Secoisolariciresinol), 73%(enterofuran) and 95%((-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran).[5]
Source[/i

SAN Estrodex is a good formula with Urtica Dioica and several other ingredients to help with SHBG and reducing e2 levels.