meadows row vs 1 arm DB row = stupis ass question

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
im getting ready to start 85# DB row this cycle, but the problem is my gyms DB's go from 80 to 90 to 100 skipping the 5's. so im thinking of doing meadow rows. the question is "does a 85# meadow row (85#'s of plates on a 45# bar) = a 85# Db row in roughly same weight"? im guessing no. does anyone know the "real" weight of a meadows row?

later
DDS

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I don't know who meadows is, but I do know 2x20 on each side of a bar = 85

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you decide to go with the Meadow rows just go by feel. Or consider doing another cycle of 80 and then jump to 90 next time.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
If you decide to go with the Meadow rows just go by feel. Or consider doing another cycle of 80 and then jump to 90 next time.
yea i did the "feel" reps and 65#'s of plates on a 45#bar felt close to 80#ish......ill play with it somemore b4 i add it in. or i could just do the 2nd cycle with 80 like u recom. thanks man

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I don't know who meadows is, but I do know 2x20 on each side of a bar = 85
from what i understand the row came from a man named John Meadows, you use a 45#bar with plates attached to a landmine to do heavy one arm rows, kind of like Kroc rows without dumbbells

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
from what i understand the row came from a man named John Meadows, you use a 45#bar with plates attached to a landmine to do heavy one arm rows, kind of like Kroc rows without dumbbells
I must be getting old... I didn't know exercises have somebody's name attached. I'm going to do some Mike pull ups today after some Francis Squats. Might throw in some Thomas ab work at the end

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I must be getting old... I didn't know exercises have somebody's name attached. I'm going to do some Mike pull ups today after some Francis Squats. Might throw in some Thomas ab work at the end
u cant use the im getting old act with me.......im 2 years older then you :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BluTactical Training Forum 4
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Doss Pro Bodybuilding 2
Anabolics 11
Afi140 Supplements 25