Unanswered Matthersby log: Old man on a mission

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Couldn’t even make a fist the first half of today. Playing with AI and lowering sodium. Enjoying the strength increase.
Mast was started Sunday at 125 eod
1 week on test @ 600
Worked up to 5iu slin on workout days. Overdid it with carbs the first few workouts just out of respect for it. But it’s 5iu’s so not much to be scared of. Gh every day at bedtime 2iu, 2iu post workout 5 days a week. Love the stuff, exceeded my expectations in one weeks time.
BLOATED 237 lbs. up from 224 last week.
View attachment 189987
Well **** bro. You kept saying you envied my arms but yours just got bigger real fast lmao. Impressive bro! Keep up the good work. Crush it

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You bloated a little bit really it is not that bad. Similarly how i did when first starting mk677. I was like "really? Is that it?" Because i have been expecting to turn into michelin man and not be able to tie shoes due to the stories i heard.

Interested to see whether you get any anxiety from mast. I remember you said you used to get it.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You bloated a little bit really it is not that bad. Similarly how i did when first starting mk677. I was like "really? Is that it?" Because i have been expecting to turn into michelin man and not be able to tie shoes due to the stories i heard.

Interested to see whether you get any anxiety from mast. I remember you said you used to get it.
Day 5 man and ZERO so far. 375-440 a week. I’m pleased with this and I’m really starting to think it’s where you’re at in your mental well being in life. I’ve had crippling anxiety from gear before but during times when I was struggling with a lot of other stuff. Anxiety, drinking cessation, depression, insomnia. Got none of these lately so it’s been easy so far.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 5 man and ZERO so far. 375-440 a week. I’m pleased with this and I’m really starting to think it’s where you’re at in your mental well being in life. I’ve had crippling anxiety from gear before but during times when I was struggling with a lot of other stuff. Anxiety, drinking cessation, depression, insomnia. Got none of these lately so it’s been easy so far.
Exactly, well explained. There’s a misconception about steroids and even tho some can increase anxiety and such the actual reality is cycling steroids will simply BRING OUT your own problems and make them worse. Most of the people claiming they have anxiety on steroids already were dealing with such problems prior to it. Life stress, struggles, depression, anxiety just make it worst. It’s about time we stop giving steroids a bad rep for everything and blame them for everything. like if somebody has an anxiety disorder I don’t think it makes sense for this person to blame steroids because he has panick attacks or something.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Exactly, well explained. There’s a misconception about steroids and even tho some can increase anxiety and such the actual reality is cycling steroids will simply BRING OUT your own problems and make them worse. Most of the people claiming they have anxiety on steroids already were dealing with such problems prior to it. Life stress, struggles, depression, anxiety just make it worst. It’s about time we stop giving steroids a bad rep for everything and blame them for everything. like if somebody has an anxiety disorder I don’t think it makes sense for this person to blame steroids because she has panick attacks or something.
Agreed, when i try to explain anabolics I used an audio amplifier to explain it. Whatever you are putting into the amplifier is going to come out that much bigger, sometimes that means better when positive, and sometimes it means worse if you have negativity going into the situation.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Exactly, well explained. There’s a misconception about steroids and even tho some can increase anxiety and such the actual reality is cycling steroids will simply BRING OUT your own problems and make them worse. Most of the people claiming they have anxiety on steroids already were dealing with such problems prior to it. Life stress, struggles, depression, anxiety just make it worst. It’s about time we stop giving steroids a bad rep for everything and blame them for everything. like if somebody has an anxiety disorder I don’t think it makes sense for this person to blame steroids because he has panick attacks or something.
So you want to say it is just our personality being put on steroids? 😀😀

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Steroids make my anxiety worse on some occasion but I focus hard to tell myself it has nothing to do with it and it’s just life messing with me. Anxiety is all about learning yourself and knowing where it comes from. Tough **** but I won’t blame my lovely sTeROiNz

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re not bloated! I ate Taco Bell Sunday I think, which caused me to not poop actually Monday - now THAT was bloated

Sodium is good for you. It’s good for your pumps, strength, energy levels, and injury prevention. Nothing cool happens training dehydrated. Save that for the stage.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You’re not bloated! I ate Taco Bell Sunday I think, which caused me to not poop actually Monday - now THAT was bloated

Sodium is good for you. It’s good for your pumps, strength, energy levels, and injury prevention. Nothing cool happens training dehydrated. Save that for the stage.
True dat! I’ve just recently started chucking a teaspoon of Himalayan salt into my water bottle during training and I gots new veins sprouting in mah biceps when pumped.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

It’s always a good day if I am able to poop and if it’s anywhere near small enough to get flushed down.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok....keeps showing the pic on my timeline so now I have to ask. What is that giant tattoo on your back? 2 dragons fighting over something? ....just been bugging me the last 24 hours

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Tren gives me anxiety but it makes me too arrogant to give a **** about it

I don’t run tren anymore never again

mk677 though- I dropped a summer class because I had a panic attack mid class (nothing anyone could see on the outside) but I never had anything like that in my life. It was terrible. I’ll also never touch mk again

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok....keeps showing the pic on my timeline so now I have to ask. What is that giant tattoo on your back? 2 dragons fighting over something? ....just been bugging me the last 24 hours
IMG_1857.JPG

It’s actually designed exclusively from the Book of Kells. They are Lions (Christ) and I’m 78% Irish according to my DNA (hence alcoholism).
I actually got to see the book at Trinity College in Dublin back in 2004 and came how and had it drawn up.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Lol blaming your alcoholism on being Irish?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Well I blame it on DNA, but I’m just stereotyping
Haha I gotcha bro. I need to do one of those DNA test...be interesting to see exactly what all I am..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha I gotcha bro. I need to do one of those DNA test...be interesting to see exactly what all I am..
I think my Dad did one and it basically came back saying "European White Dude" LMAO Not a ton of specifics from his if I remember correctly. Maybe Eastern Europe to be more exact but not a specific country.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
View attachment 190037
It’s actually designed exclusively from the Book of Kells. They are Lions (Christ) and I’m 78% Irish according to my DNA (hence alcoholism).
I actually got to see the book at Trinity College in Dublin back in 2004 and came how and had it drawn up.

That's a cool reference- awesome design too

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok guys. I told you I’d be transparent. Normally I’d be happy with the progress with these pics in some areas. Legs are slowly coming up, vascularity improving, chest isn’t flat up top. Just little changes indicating I won’t be too small after prep. But I’ve got a triple threat going on. All the food+constipation, additional water, and genetics for fat placement makes my lower abdomen reaaallllyy unsightly. This is I’m sure a stubborn area for many, but it seems to be my biggest problem area as far as bf goes. What are your thoughts? I don’t see guys having this in the off-season, but I haven’t been lean in 9 years to the point where I’ve taken this lower area off. If we diet hard enough, will this eventually come off? 16 weeks? I’m gonna trust him but he’s not addressing this just yet and I don’t know enough about stubborn problem areas for first time 41 year old competitors.
IMG_1853.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Of course it will come off, when you get deep enough into prep, when it matters. To anyone on the beach, you already have chiseled abs. Legs making good progress!

I don’t want to open a can of worms, and you don’t need to defend your decisions to me or anyone, but slowly pulling back that Kratom now could make a big difference in constipation later on.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yea, also that’s where all my water retention goes too, and my face. I know of course it’s not all fat

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Of course it will come off, when you get deep enough into prep, when it matters. To anyone on the beach, you already have chiseled abs. Legs making good progress!

I don’t want to open a can of worms, and you don’t need to defend your decisions to me or anyone, but slowly pulling back that Kratom now could make a big difference in constipation later on.
I’m getting excited, I brought it down 4 grams in one week and noticed very little. Once I get down to 3-4 grams, I’m hoping with my regiment of magnesium and stool softener that I can be regular again.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m getting excited, I brought it down 4 grams in one week and noticed very little. Once I get down to 3-4 grams, I’m hoping with my regiment of magnesium and stool softener that I can be regular again.
Nice work! Keep it up

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you get down to 3-4 grams a day you gotta be able to jump off. You've made so much progress the last minuscule amount will be nothing.

You've said mast gave you all sorts of problems in the past. Any idea how your able to run 500 and still feel alright?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wonder why he put you on mast instead of primobolan. Not questioning his decisions, just seems odd.

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Ok guys. I told you I’d be transparent. Normally I’d be happy with the progress with these pics in some areas. Legs are slowly coming up, vascularity improving, chest isn’t flat up top. Just little changes indicating I won’t be too small after prep. But I’ve got a triple threat going on. All the food+constipation, additional water, and genetics for fat placement makes my lower abdomen reaaallllyy unsightly. This is I’m sure a stubborn area for many, but it seems to be my biggest problem area as far as bf goes. What are your thoughts? I don’t see guys having this in the off-season, but I haven’t been lean in 9 years to the point where I’ve taken this lower area off. If we diet hard enough, will this eventually come off? 16 weeks? I’m gonna trust him but he’s not addressing this just yet and I don’t know enough about stubborn problem areas for first time 41 year old competitors. View attachment 190045
You look awesome man what’s your training like

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wonder why he put you on mast instead of primobolan. Not questioning his decisions, just seems odd.
Ya I may ask him. I think based on the decisions in gear is a big push for muscle but with added conditioning. He is big on “not bulking”

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ya I may ask him. I think based on the decisions in gear is a big push for muscle but with added conditioning. He is big on “not bulking”
Hmmm since you got mast in there i wonder what would happen if you cut that test dose to trt and instead add in trestolone acetate...

Split looks good. Cant deny that split has put more size on me than full body, as much as i love to preach full body (because i get better strength gains that way).

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hmmm since you got mast in there i wonder what would happen if you cut that test dose to trt and instead add in trestolone acetate...

Split looks good. Cant deny that split has put more size on me than full body, as much as i love to preach full body (because i get better strength gains that way).
I LOVE that question. I’m cutting rn 200 test 300 primo and I was exactly wondering when I get at 10% what would happen if I dropped test a little, added trest at a low dose , kept primo and tried to gain a few muscle while staying very lean.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I LOVE that question. I’m cutting rn 200 test 300 primo and I was exactly wondering when I get at 10% what would happen if I dropped test a little, added trest at a low dose , kept primo and tried to gain a few muscle while staying very lean.
Was just thinking to lower the androgen component a bit and add sth more anabolic, he has mast in there for dryness which goes well apparently with trest and i am starting to become a member of the camp "you dont need more than the dose of test needed to replace physiologic levels of e2 and dht".

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed guys. He’s onto something with this stack though. I’m leaning out on 3600-4100 calories a day. My strength in 2 weeks has shot up more than it has since January. I got a lot of Trest on hand but this guy has a plan, and I’m gonna trust it. My hands are so swollen though I can’t make a fist though.This next 8 weeks is seriously going to be interesting. I’m getting pretty psyched.

DieselJD

Awards
Mast @ 500 and I have next to zero anxiety! And I’m tapering off Kratom seriously fast!
Idk if this has been mentioned already, but what got you using kratom in the first place? Was it just energy and focus? Or did you use it for an issue? If you dont feel comfortable sharing I would understand.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Idk if this has been mentioned already, but what got you using kratom in the first place? Was it just energy and focus? Or did you use it for an issue? If you dont feel comfortable sharing I would understand.
I’m definitely an addict. I’ve spent many years in recovery. Of course I’m not naive enough to think I’m not using a drug right now, but it’s not a unmanageable, life destroying drug. I’m constipated and I spend a small car payment every month are the major consequences. Because I’ve done some damage some 10 years ago to my opiate receptors, kicking Kratom is awful for me. I’d need a few weeks off work and some medications to be able to do it, and I’m just not willing to do that. Or go to rehab/detox. Anyways, I was sober, Scott free, loving life back in early 2017, and I decided I would use a little Kratom every Thursday night when I drove home from where I worked a few hours away to get my kids for a few days. I would get a good buzz and play with my kids and feel nice. And then months down the road, started taking it Friday and Saturday too. Then Sunday, then every day. So I tried to get off it. Spent the whole night shivering and didn’t sleep 5 minutes, went to work on no
sleep, got back on it, decided I’d kick it another time. Then decided it wasn’t the worst addiction and could afford it. Now I’m fully hooked and want the ball and chain to be gone. Lately I’m very motivated to cut down to nothing and get off for good. It’s time.

DieselJD

Awards
I’m definitely an addict. I’ve spent many years in recovery. Of course I’m not naive enough to think I’m not using a drug right now, but it’s not a unmanageable, life destroying drug. I’m constipated and I spend a small car payment every month are the major consequences. Because I’ve done some damage some 10 years ago to my opiate receptors, kicking Kratom is awful for me. I’d need a few weeks off work and some medications to be able to do it, and I’m just not willing to do that. Or go to rehab/detox. Anyways, I was sober, Scott free, loving life back in early 2017, and I decided I would use a little Kratom every Thursday night when I drove home from where I worked a few hours away to get my kids for a few days. I would get a good buzz and play with my kids and feel nice. And then months down the road, started taking it Friday and Saturday too. Then Sunday, then every day. So I tried to get off it. Spent the whole night shivering and didn’t sleep 5 minutes, went to work on no
sleep, got back on it, decided I’d kick it another time. Then decided it wasn’t the worst addiction and could afford it. Now I’m fully hooked and want the ball and chain to be gone. Lately I’m very motivated to cut down to nothing and get off for good. It’s time.
Yeah thats how it goes. Seems like you are in a good place though man, you can do it.