Matthersby‘s mission: 50lbs by 2019. Slin,NPP,Dbol and lots more.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Fcuking hate you bro haha jk

But even on a cycle (well the ones I’ve run thus far) the rules still apply to me lol

I’d say just enjoy it but can imagine even ice cream etc is gonna become a pain when your shovelling that much in
JM tells Dave in that story that you have to stare at your extra large pizza with everything smothered in olive oil before beginning, and meditate on your goal. He says you have to see the food as the thing that is keeping you from your goals - you are going to eat until you sweat and gag, and still keep eating. If you don’t, you didn’t want it bad enough.

I got to meet world’s greatest bencher Scott Mendelson in Norway. He was the lightest man to ever bench over 700 raw at 314 and only one to ever also go over 1,000 shirted. He said he was 390 when he did 1,016. I watched him eat every morning at breakfast, and just maintaining at a comfy 300 he ate like a machine. He had them bring an entire dozen boiled eggs just on the side of all of his main food. I remember watching a powerlifting documentary on him and he was talking about his food at 390 - I didn’t believe it then, but I WITNESSED it now.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
JM tells Dave in that story that you have to stare at your extra large pizza with everything smothered in olive oil before beginning, and meditate on your goal. He says you have to see the food as the thing that is keeping you from your goals - you are going to eat until you sweat and gag, and still keep eating. If you don’t, you didn’t want it bad enough.

I got to meet world’s greatest bencher Scott Mendelson in Norway. He was the lightest man to ever bench over 700 raw at 314 and only one to ever also go over 1,000 shirted. He said he was 390 when he did 1,016. I watched him eat every morning at breakfast, and just maintaining at a comfy 300 he ate like a machine. He had them bring an entire dozen boiled eggs just on the side of all of his main food. I remember watching a powerlifting documentary on him and he was talking about his food at 390 - I didn’t believe it then, but I WITNESSED it now.
Thing with me is that I really can eat, I never seem to get full off junk food (why I don’t eat it these days), obviously it made me really fat in the past but on the odd occasion (maybe 5 days in the past 5 years) where I’ve just eaten what I wanted it’s been no issue to nail a 3,000 calorie meal and still be able to eat more.

Much much harder when it’s clean but if ever I could eat like matthersby’s needing to I’m confident I could do it with a smile.

But in the same way controlling that is a challenge for me it’s gotta be really tough if you don’t naturally have that ability to eat

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya I have the appetite of a baby bird. But, in the past, fat calories have helped ALOT.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thing with me is that I really can eat, I never seem to get full off junk food (why I don’t eat it these days), obviously it made me really fat in the past but on the odd occasion (maybe 5 days in the past 5 years) where I’ve just eaten what I wanted it’s been no issue to nail a 3,000 calorie meal and still be able to eat more.

Much much harder when it’s clean but if ever I could eat like matthersby’s needing to I’m confident I could do it with a smile.

But in the same way controlling that is a challenge for me it’s gotta be really tough if you don’t naturally have that ability to eat
I had a very similar circumstance. I almost always eat very clean. While my problem wasnt eating time, I could choke down endless amounts of clean food it seemed. My issue was after eating a necessary meal my stomach would feel like garbage for hours. To the point that 3 meals was tough. Enter apple cider vinegar- seems like I can eat whatever I need and will be hungry 2-3 hours later no matter what. Just a shot (1 oz.) Before every solid meal does the trick.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I remember your cheat day - you really do have a gift. Whenever I need to eat something I watch Beard Meets Food on YouTube. It’s genuinely inspiring what that man can do. He smoked Eddie Hall in an eating challenge this week.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had a very similar circumstance. I almost always eat very clean. While my problem wasnt eating time, I could choke down endless amounts of clean food it seemed. My issue was after eating a necessary meal my stomach would feel like garbage for hours. To the point that 3 meals was tough. Enter apple cider vinegar- seems like I can eat whatever I need and will be hungry 2-3 hours later no matter what. Just a shot (1 oz.) Before every solid meal does the trick.
Im gonna have to try this.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You are probably the 4th person to recommend this to me. And I have plenty at home.
Starting this today.

You know why I decided to cut all the way through spring and summer while starting with no muscle at all after 12 months no training? Same problem, but at the time I thought it was Kratom nausea. About 8 weeks ago I started buying large amounts of ***e Greek yogurt and mixing with carbsmart yogurts. I was able to fit 3 more meals a day in, plus get another 70grams of protein from the yogurt. I swear it has aided in digestion and satiety for me. But I’m all tor trying anything. I’ve considered some ghrp-6 as well. Weed tanks my BP and makes me wig out no matter how indica it is, so I’m all but done with that.

I think about and read about ways to increase my appetite a lot.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I remember your cheat day - you really do have a gift. Whenever I need to eat something I watch Beard Meets Food on YouTube. It’s genuinely inspiring what that man can do. He smoked Eddie Hall in an eating challenge this week.
Haha, yeah that gift is what constantly scares me that fat whisky could return lol

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You are probably the 4th person to recommend this to me. And I have plenty at home.
Starting this today.

You know why I decided to cut all the way through spring and summer while starting with no muscle at all after 12 months no training? Same problem, but at the time I thought it was Kratom nausea. About 8 weeks ago I started buying large amounts of ***e Greek yogurt and mixing with carbsmart yogurts. I was able to fit 3 more meals a day in, plus get another 70grams of protein from the yogurt. I swear it has aided in digestion and satiety for me. But I’m all tor trying anything. I’ve considered some ghrp-6 as well. Weed tanks my BP and makes me wig out no matter how indica it is, so I’m all but done with that.

I think about and read about ways to increase my appetite a lot.
Interestingly i also use acv but for nutrient partitioning- didn’t twig it could be increasing my hunger....so that could work for you......

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Supposedly Performax’s MassMax is good for hunger. SkRaw is logging OL’s Kingslayer now and said it’s definitely boosting his appetite after every dose.

Controlled Labs has Black Hole. I have never had to use it, but it’s the part of the cannabinoids that give you munchies with no THC.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Controlled Labs has Black Hole. I have never had to use it, but it’s the part of the cannabinoids that give you munchies with no THC.
Holy crap! That's a crazy idea! Going to have to look this up. You meatheads are nuts! ��

Newth

Awards
This is getting worse than the food thread.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Supposedly Performax’s MassMax is good for hunger. SkRaw is logging OL’s Kingslayer now and said it’s definitely boosting his appetite after every dose.

I read about Black Hole on here. Some dudes swear by that supp.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am sure you can obtain your goal weight. But my question is why gain all the weight just to immediately cut?? It seems counter productive. Physique is more into being shredded than extra mass at the moment.
I was thinking the same thing

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking the same thing
16-20 week cut. On quite a good amount of gear. Slow steady progress to keep what muscle I need to not look too gangly on stage. But I don’t need to be huge, just need a good starting point so I look big enough for Men’s Physique. I would never want to hang onto that much weight anyways. Just would rather start dieting for MP with too much size than not enough size. I’m not throwing any drugs at this bulk in comparison to what I’m going to use to hang onto a good bit of muscle while I lean out. Who knows? If I stay lean enough I may just drop 10lbs and compete at 255 for MP? I’m not facing that tough of competition in a Master’s(35andUp) Men’s Physique in Mesa, Arizona, I’m certain of that much.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
16-20 week cut. On quite a good amount of gear. Slow steady progress to keep what muscle I need to not look too gangly on stage. But I don’t need to be huge, just need a good starting point so I look big enough for Men’s Physique. I would never want to hang onto that much weight anyways. Just would rather start dieting for MP with too much size than not enough size. I’m not throwing any drugs at this bulk in comparison to what I’m going to use to hang onto a good bit of muscle while I lean out. Who knows? If I stay lean enough I may just drop 10lbs and compete at 255 for MP? I’m not facing that tough of competition in a Master’s(35andUp) Men’s Physique in Mesa, Arizona, I’m certain of that much.
Does that have weight classes?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Don’t think so. Just think 240-250 at 6’3 would be plenty thick enough for MP. Probably bordering too big.
Ya I think too big, I'm only 5'9 tho so I can't relate. My buddy is 6ft 240 for bodbuilding and looks massive

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya I think too big, I'm only 5'9 tho so I can't relate. My buddy is 6ft 240 for bodbuilding and looks massive
I think that’s why I’m ok with a monster bulk, I’ll be ok chiseling down to what I need to. I am absolutely certain I have to bring up my size or I’ll be too much of a string bean up there. If I keep a little extra size but get nice and lean, at least I’ll look better than most on stage, and just not place too well.

Newth

Awards
I think that’s why I’m ok with a monster bulk, I’ll be ok chiseling down to what I need to. I am absolutely certain I have to bring up my size or I’ll be too much of a string bean up there. If I keep a little extra size but get nice and lean, at least I’ll look better than most on stage, and just not place too well.
Definitely want the size if only doing one show IMO. The string bean things never good.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. I’m happy about bf but seriously hurting for size after 2017’s layoff. Always better to start bulking good and lean, but fuk it’s a little embarrassing being 45 lbs lighter than January of last year. I’m in there doing 5 reps with my prior 1st warm up set.
You look better than 99% of people in ANY gym so don’t beat yourself up too bad!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright! Somebody talk me off this ledge. My lower abs are starting to disappear. I know this is part of the process and I am thick and full and fluctuated all the way from 217-224 in the last 48 hours. Just tell me I can cut the fat after I’m done bulking, to keep eating dirty, I’ll never get the size I want if I don’t get a little sloppy. Just reassure me so I don’t think about doing a mini cut every other week.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Alright! Somebody talk me off this ledge. My lower abs are starting to disappear. I know this is part of the process and I am thick and full and fluctuated all the way from 217-224 in the last 48 hours. Just tell me I can cut the fat after I’m done bulking, to keep eating dirty, I’ll never get the size I want if I don’t get a little sloppy. Just reassure me so I don’t think about doing a mini cut every other week.
I just came off a very long cycle mostly at 900 test / week. Went from abs - veins on abs to a belly. I'm exactly 2 weeks post right now. I've lost more weight than I like but haven't lost any strength....so hopefully I have held onto my muscle mass so far. My pants are loose around my waist and my wife even commented about how well my abs are coming in so quickly. I had some "oh sh!t" moments myself but let the process play out. I'm very happy with my gains and now getting happier with my physique. When you want to reign it in it sounds like you'll be able to change quickly. If you want those gains your doing it the right way! It's always a season in bodybuilding. What are you trying to do??? Get some giant looking muscle mass if I'm not mistaken! Keep at it brotha! You've actually inspired me to shoot for a show next year so I imagine my winter will be similar to what your doing now. All about that end goal!

And I really am starting to hate you - 217-224 on 48 hrs?!? Go eat sh..........ha!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just came off a very long cycle mostly at 900 test / week. Went from abs - veins on abs to a belly. I'm exactly 2 weeks post right now. I've lost more weight than I like but haven't lost any strength....so hopefully I have held onto my muscle mass so far. My pants are loose around my waist and my wife even commented about how well my abs are coming in so quickly. I had some "oh sh!t" moments myself but let the process play out. I'm very happy with my gains and now getting happier with my physique. When you want to reign it in it sounds like you'll be able to change quickly. If you want those gains your doing it the right way! It's always a season in bodybuilding. What are you trying to do??? Get some giant looking muscle mass if I'm not mistaken! Keep at it brotha! You've actually inspired me to shoot for a show next year so I imagine my winter will be similar to what your doing now. All about that end goal!

And I really am starting to hate you - 217-224 on 48 hrs?!? Go eat sh..........ha!
Haha, hell ya brotha, thank you! I need to get over it. Maaaaaybe I’ll eat a pound less gummie worms a day and stick with my pound or two of PB a day. A lot of water weight most likely but I overlapped my Lantus a bit and kicked up my Trest dose, so I ate like crazy yesterday and really tried to pick up a little weight. I just can’t wait for winter cause I’ll throw on a hoody and get huge, but it’s still over 100 degrees out here in AZ and I’m gonna start getting a little soft as I eat like this.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bro, do you wanna crack sidewalks or not. You ain’t trying to look your best for a fcuking tinder date here, your trying to get fcuking massive. Ain’t no one gonna judge your lack of abs when you have the sort of size that says you deadlift trucks for fun

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bro, do you wanna crack sidewalks or not. You ain’t trying to look your best for a fcuking tinder date here, your trying to get fcuking massive. Ain’t no one gonna judge your lack of abs when you have the sort of size that says you deadlift trucks for fun
Excellent! I need this! I’m not stoping till I’m 270

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Eat big get big, you know what your building under that water retention and little bit of fat, who cares what anybody else thinks. Food is a tool used to build the house brother, big men swing big hammers.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_0082.JPG

This next week’s nut butter intake. And a little granola bars dipped in nutella for dessert and also for 2a.m.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
**** abs. Keep a eye on your belt. Set a notch goal. Like allow yourself to go up to belt notches or something like that. If you exceed that then your gaining more fat then muscle. That's how I used to do it. Also make sure you allow enough time to cut

Newth

Awards
I don't know whether to whisper sweet nothings in your ear or just post this...

This was a good read I found while looking for the pic...
https://juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/content/hormonal-control-regional-fat-distribution-0
Another thing is your coming into fall, extra cushion will keep you warmer.......I lost cushion over winter, it sucked.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
**** abs. Keep a eye on your belt. Set a notch goal. Like allow yourself to go up to belt notches or something like that. If you exceed that then your gaining more fat then muscle. That's how I used to do it. Also make sure you allow enough time to cut
For sure. I don’t want to lose a ton of size, so 16 weeks is my bare minimum. Hoping to be ready Jan 1st then NPC has local events end of April, possibly even push it to Summer.

Newth

Awards
This and the mirror are what I care about.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bro I have never had abs in my life - it ain’t that bad. My girl ain’t clutching my belly when we’re in the bedroom - she’s grabbing my lats and my glutes! Girls may prefer boys with abs, but most women like a powerfully built man - something they can get a handful of that keeps the bed warm.

If you don’t get big enough to do this show now you will never be in a safer position to push this kind of food and gear - commit to the process! You will have full abs on stage, when it matters.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Another thing, if for any reason you go a little overboard you can always pick a later show. There not going anywhere

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bro I have never had abs in my life - it ain’t that bad. My girl ain’t clutching my belly when we’re in the bedroom - she’s grabbing my lats and my glutes! Girls may prefer boys with abs, but most women like a powerfully built man - something they can get a handful of that keeps the bed warm.

If you don’t get big enough to do this show now you will never be in a safer position to push this kind of food and gear - commit to the process! You will have full abs on stage, when it matters.
This is so true! Girls tend to like those skinny douches that aren’t strong but have abs. Women however like a strong, built man. And its been scientifically proven that strong shoulders, backs and legs make women feel more secure around you than ripped abs.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
It's never too late to add in 150mg of 11-oxo!

Seriously though, you got this!

And to help you out with some emotional food support, I just pounded back 3 lbs of a homemade 3-cheese macaroni, as well as some pan-fried grape tomatoes with cheese. And I'm on a cut! Well, that was the plan anyway. Overall it's going well. I mean, I'm only up 3 lbs. on this cut so far. Lol.

Ok, fine. Let's just call it a recomp. Can we agree on that? Geez.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't know whether to whisper sweet nothings in your ear or just post this...

This was a good read I found while looking for the pic...
https://juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/content/hormonal-control-regional-fat-distribution-0
Another thing is your coming into fall, extra cushion will keep you warmer.......I lost cushion over winter, it sucked.
I remember reading in Muscular Development in the 90’s about the “rare Lee Off-season” photos. He was the only guy that was unrecognizable offseason that competed. He’s always been an advocate of more gear use on a cut, and very little needed bulking. cutting and maintaining muscle is when gear is more necessary, according to him.

Newth

Awards
I remember reading in Muscular Development in the 90’s about the “rare Lee Off-season” photos. He was the only guy that was unrecognizable offseason that competed. He’s always been an advocate of more gear use on a cut, and very little needed bulking. cutting and maintaining muscle is when gear is more necessary, according to him.
The other day you posted somewhere that you think gear use is better for cutting than bulking, it made me think of guys like him.
TBH I think Lee is a little full of sh1t about his gear use but slin was common then so gear would be less necessary off season for sure. Super anabolic and anti-catabolic.

Just reinforcing what you already know, stay strong bro.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Actually, I heard an interview within the past year or so where Lee said he would take an occasional shot of deca in the offseason. Or as he would say it "deker". Dang Aussie!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Newth, Toren, Bigbeaph, Hyde, Smont, Jackedviking. You are some solid guys. It was my son’s 12th birthday so I didn’t get to post much today. But Bros like you guys are why I come here to learn, give support, ask for help, or just talk to smart people that share the same struggles, obsessions, goals, whatever it is. You guys are why I get on here daily and why I’m honest about what I’m actually dealing with day to day. I’ve been on here since 2010, and I’ve never seen so many really selfless and helpful guys giving encouragement and being so cool to one another. Sorry to be all “gushy” but anyways, thanks for all the support and reassurance.

I’m 100% on top of this, eating every day until l can’t eat anymore so I can hit 270 by January. I just needed to know I was doing it right and to say goodbye to my abs for a little while.

Newth

Awards
Hope you guys had a good day, kids birthdays are a highlight.
Must have been a good day to do family things.....I had the biggest fight with my ex I've ever had after she rung me to discipline my son for getting between her and her two young ones, with anger issues like hers that call didn't go the way she expected, lol.
So my arvo turned into being at their house playing counselor.
Meh, **** happens.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Newth, Toren, Bigbeaph, Hyde, Smont, Jackedviking. You are some solid guys. It was my son’s 12th birthday so I didn’t get to post much today. But Bros like you guys are why I come here to learn, give support, ask for help, or just talk to smart people that share the same struggles, obsessions, goals, whatever it is. You guys are why I get on here daily and why I’m honest about what I’m actually dealing with day to day. I’ve been on here since 2010, and I’ve never seen so many really selfless and helpful guys giving encouragement and being so cool to one another. Sorry to be all “gushy” but anyways, thanks for all the support and reassurance.

I’m 100% on top of this, eating every day until l can’t eat anymore so I can hit 270 by January. I just needed to know I was doing it right and to say goodbye to my abs for a little while.
Dude! I totally get it! This forum has helped me bounce back from a bad relapse a few months ago, job loss and a failed marriage all in the past few months. These guys on the forums are helping me focus on myself. And that’s really one of the only reasons I keep on keeping on. Glad you’re here too brother Matthersby!!!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude! I totally get it! This forum has helped me bounce back from a bad relapse a few months ago, job loss and a failed marriage all in the past few months. These guys on the forums are helping me focus on myself. And that’s really one of the only reasons I keep on keeping on. Glad you’re here too brother Matthersby!!!
There was a thread, probably a random one about a Dmz cycle or something, and there was almost a dozen of us, that came out of the woodwork and were talking about addiction. I’ll try to find it but it kind of died anyways. Point being, I’ve been an alcoholic since I joined here, and there’s been a few relapses over all these years but I always suspected a lot of us struggle with addiction that choose bodybuilding/powerlifting as part of our recovery. And even just getting on here to help out new guys with stuff we have dealt with in our early years of training etc. I have been focused on all aspects of my life this year, and have been on top of my addiction without really hitting meetings, there’s enough support here for me and I’ve been able to help guys too, even if it’s something insignificant, helping others is where all the real magic happens in recovery for me. Anyways, I assure you of this: I’m here to listen, especially in the arena of addiction, I’ve been there bro. A lot of us have.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you guys had a good day, kids birthdays are a highlight.
Must have been a good day to do family things.....I had the biggest fight with my ex I've ever had after she rung me to discipline my son for getting between her and her two young ones, with anger issues like hers that call didn't go the way she expected, lol.
So my arvo turned into being at their house playing counselor.
Meh, **** happens.
Exes. The ones you’d like to be rid of most are attached to the humans that you love the most. It’s a shyt situation. I’ve got another 8 years of dealing with mine.