Mass Pro Synthagen anyone still take this?

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other than that this supplement is pricey how does it compare to all the other natty anabolics? I know that the ecdy/turk supplements are currently the craze on the internet because of youtubers/reddit so that is why this supp came to my mind. I tried looking up the ingredients and it looks like it is just rhaponticum carthamoides, EAAs, peak02/atp, orthotic acid, magnesium, betaine and beta alanine. I looked up the ingredient profile it doesnt even seem to have much ecdy while people are taking grams of ecdy/turk daily which I wonder why they put so lil rhaponticum carthamoides. I mean can't you jsut get all these ingredients at a cheaper price now; I mean EAAs are all over supplement shops now. Overall I see mixed reviews from users on this forum about synthagen, its overpriced for a recovery supp or its one of the best natty supps out there.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just looked at the formula. At that price I wouldn’t buy it. Maybe 1/2 off I would. I like the basic old school look though lol. I love ecdy at higher doses too but that doesn’t look like it would cut it.

Here is an interested thread I just browsed with some varying opinions. I would get some follidrone or new sns stuff if it were me.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you train with it, MASS gains from it!! Just kidding, I do like MASS Supps.
I don't buy them often as they are very high priced. People have to realize, these things may help, but many seem to rely on them, "supp-hopping" to maybe find the Holy Grail. Is not going to happen. Drugs will do what you are looking for, at a cost of course, financial and health-wise. And its only temporary, look at Pro's who cease drug use, they piss out 30 pounds of water and deflate instantly. (Their tissue doesn't magically dissolve). The folks are funny who say "I put on 20 lbs of lean tissue in a month" Uhmm, no you didn't, you put on two pounds of muscle-tissue (maybe), a little fat (maybe 2 pounds when leanish), and 16 pounds of water and glycogen. If staying Natty, its decades under the bar, decades of hard work and solid nutrition and recovery, which many of these supps can help with (recovery/adaptagens). A plant extract will not turn you into a beast. (Food, hard work, and consistency will). 40+ years of doing this, most dont want to hear this, but truth. (For most people, Im not talking about the very few handful of freaks out there).

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you train with it, MASS gains from it!! Just kidding, I do like MASS Supps.
I don't buy them often as they are very high priced. People have to realize, these things may help, but many seem to rely on them, "supp-hopping" to maybe find the Holy Grail. Is not going to happen. Drugs will do what you are looking for, at a cost of course, financial and health-wise. And its only temporary, look at Pro's who cease drug use, they piss out 30 pounds of water and deflate instantly. (Their tissue doesn't magically dissolve). The folks are funny who say "I put on 20 lbs of lean tissue in a month" Uhmm, no you didn't, you put on two pounds of muscle-tissue (maybe), a little fat (maybe 2 pounds when leanish), and 16 pounds of water and glycogen. If staying Natty, its decades under the bar, decades of hard work and solid nutrition and recovery, which many of these supps can help with (recovery/adaptagens). A plant extract will not turn you into a beast. (Food, hard work, and consistency will). 40+ years of doing this, most dont want to hear this, but truth. (For most people, Im not talking about the very few handful of freaks out there).
Ive done these "natty anabolics" and the real **** on top of sme sarm cycles. I built my base with lifting heavy and eating a shitton of food years ago. Im just seeing how this supp compares to the other big named ones in the forum. Obviously training and nutrition is most important, that is a given.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used to listen to the Rob Regish podcast a lot and he is/was a great salesman, so I always wanted to give it a try. But only Predator carries it here in the EU and the price was always to high for me to be able to justify buying.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A lot of studies have actually shown ecdy to be effective even at very low doses. Problem is that most ecdy products were shown to have little to no actual ecdy in them. I've never tried mass synth but always was intrigued. As others have said, it's the price that has always turned me off

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is a quality product. Certainly expensive, though it’s packed with a lot of ingredients which if you were to buy each of them individually the aggregate cost would add up. Plus there is the convenience factor. Buy it in bulk to save money, or grab it when it’s on sale. Rob Regish is the ecdy guru; I don’t know if there is anyone else out there who knows more about the topic than him. Once a week (normally on Tuesday) he is on the Super Human Radio podcast which streams live on YouTube and Facebook.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot of studies have actually shown ecdy to be effective even at very low doses. Problem is that most ecdy products were shown to have little to no actual ecdy in them. I've never tried mass synth but always was intrigued. As others have said, it's the price that has always turned me off
yea its like 87 bucks I believe here in the US, it aint cheap...........

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quality raws aren't cheap, especially when you're dealing with Ecdysterone. Neither are American made aminos (vs. say, Chinese aminos). Although no natural product works to the extent we all want it to (i.e. anabolic steroids), Synthagen does allow you to recovery incredibly fast from high intensity exercise (much faster than you otherwise would). Also as noted, Synthagen is much more than full spectrum Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract. It also includes TMG, Beta-Alanine, Orotic Acid, ElevATP, a highly bio-available magnesium and a very specific EAA ratio - for a reason. Each has been carefully selected insofar as how it interacts with RCE.

Adaptogens are not Anabolics, something I explained in The Blueprint as long ago as 2009. As a powerful, truly natural adjunct to training however, it makes a noticeable difference for many....

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quality raws aren't cheap, especially when you're dealing with Ecdysterone. Neither are American made aminos (vs. say, Chinese aminos). Although no natural product works to the extent we all want it to (i.e. anabolic steroids), Synthagen does allow you to recovery incredibly fast from high intensity exercise (much faster than you otherwise would). Also as noted, Synthagen is much more than full spectrum Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract. It also includes TMG, Beta-Alanine, Orotic Acid, ElevATP, a highly bio-available magnesium and a very specific EAA ratio - for a reason. Each has been carefully selected insofar as how it interacts with RCE.

Adaptogens are not Anabolics, something I explained in The Blueprint as long ago as 2009. As a powerful, truly natural adjunct to training however, it makes a noticeable difference for many....
How much ecdy is in there? Huge as 500mg of 98% ecdy with 500mg cyclodextrin fir two caps. The rest of the product can be had pretty cheap otherwise.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Danes

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think all these ecdy/turk supplements are way over hyped, they have been around forever, I've yet to see someone get results on it that could not have been accomplished without it, with the exception of the people selling it, they seem to be the only ones with noticable improvement...., I tried a few 10+ years ago and nothing. I still think the best natty product is and always will be creatine. If you go this route with the turk/ecdy stuff I'd just pick whatever reputable brand has the best price and set reasonable expectations

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I mean I recover pretty quickly from workouts, esp my upper body hence why I can hit muscle groups twice a week(not anymore cause of my joints). Now my CNS and my joints they take a while to be fresh after taking a beating. I mean would there be any need to take a recovery product esp even if my muscles recupurate very quickly? On a diet these are the times I rarely even get sore, only muscle group would really be my legs and sometimes chest.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Other than that this supplement is pricey how does it compare to all the other natty anabolics? I know that the ecdy/turk supplements are currently the craze on the internet because of youtubers/reddit so that is why this supp came to my mind. I tried looking up the ingredients and it looks like it is just rhaponticum carthamoides, EAAs, peak02/atp, orthotic acid, magnesium, betaine and beta alanine. I looked up the ingredient profile it doesnt even seem to have much ecdy while people are taking grams of ecdy/turk daily which I wonder why they put so lil rhaponticum carthamoides. I mean can't you jsut get all these ingredients at a cheaper price now; I mean EAAs are all over supplement shops now. Overall I see mixed reviews from users on this forum about synthagen, its overpriced for a recovery supp or its one of the best natty supps out there.
I tried looking this up and having a hard time finding it. The label I saw didn't have PEAK02 in it though like you mentioned in your post. And it was a prop blend.

From what I saw, it looks like it is a prop blend of a ton of stuff but the problem is that there is no way its effectively dosed because to effectively dose it, it would need over double the grams I see listed.

You mentioned reviews here - I've seen some people before get confused and think people were talking about this when they were talking about Morphogen's Synthegen, their amino product.

Here's just a little example of what i mean by grams needed to be effective:
- Beta Alanine - 2.25 to 3.2 grams per day
- Betaine Anhydrous - 2.5 to 3 grams per day
- PEAK02 - 2 grams per day
- EAA's - 5 to 10 grams per day or more
- Orotic Acid - 500 to 1000 mg. per day

I think there are a lot of better natural anabolic options available and also coming up.

Things like Anabolic Effect, Epi-Plex, M-Test, and X-Gels are very widely used and have a lot of great feedback.

And we have SNS Anabolic XT due out in 4 to 6 weeks max, Phosphatidic Acid XT due out around the same timeline, and at least 2 new CEL natural anabolics soon to follow.

Plus, we're working with a raw material manufacturer on a custom synthesis of several ingredients that if they test out correctly will be phenomenal. But I never get my hopes up about stuff like that until I get test results in hand.

THEstudent

Awards
Mass Pro Synthagen is an excellent product. Having used it many times myself. With ecdysterone as @Mixelflick will tell you it comes down to source and how it is used. As one recent report pointed out most ecdysterone products don't even have ecdysterone in it and if it does it is very miniscule amounts. Ecdysterone is one of if not the only "natural" product that has been directly compared to anabolics in studies(rat of course) and held it's own so to me that says it definitely has merit. Especially when we see some these other exotic/esoteric ingredients that supplement companies come up with that are supposedly anabolic.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried looking this up and having a hard time finding it. The label I saw didn't have PEAK02 in it though like you mentioned in your post. And it was a prop blend.

From what I saw, it looks like it is a prop blend of a ton of stuff but the problem is that there is no way its effectively dosed because to effectively dose it, it would need over double the grams I see listed.

You mentioned reviews here - I've seen some people before get confused and think people were talking about this when they were talking about Morphogen's Synthegen, their amino product.

Here's just a little example of what i mean by grams needed to be effective:
- Beta Alanine - 2.25 to 3.2 grams per day
- Betaine Anhydrous - 2.5 to 3 grams per day
- PEAK02 - 2 grams per day
- EAA's - 5 to 10 grams per day or more
- Orotic Acid - 500 to 1000 mg. per day

I think there are a lot of better natural anabolic options available and also coming up.

Things like Anabolic Effect, Epi-Plex, M-Test, and X-Gels are very widely used and have a lot of great feedback.

And we have SNS Anabolic XT due out in 4 to 6 weeks max, Phosphatidic Acid XT due out around the same timeline, and at least 2 new CEL natural anabolics soon to follow.

Plus, we're working with a raw material manufacturer on a custom synthesis of several ingredients that if they test out correctly will be phenomenal. But I never get my hopes up about stuff like that until I get test results in hand.

My review small review from a few years ago. While I agree there are some good natural anabolics options, MPS is the best natural I've ever used for recovery.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My review small review from a few years ago. While I agree there are some good natural anabolics options, MPS is the best natural I've ever used for recovery. View attachment 205297
I'd literally never heard of it before he asked; that's why I specified above in my post that I was hoping I was even looking at the right product. From my side, all I can do is what i did above and look at the doses of ingredients that are needed and list out what they need to be to be effective so that's what I did.

I intentionally avoided the Ecdysterone and Turkesterone portion bc that argument has been absolutely beat to death on here. The only thing I can say to that is we've been asked dozens of times to please do them and I've probably turned down a lot of sales and profit by not doing so. But for the cost of real legitimate raw materials, you could pretty much do a natural anabolic wish list stack for less haha.

Last edited:

gymgurus

Awards
well, i've tried everything. tart cherry juice, mass pro synthagen, aftershock recovery protein, watermelon juice and fit aid recovery varieties. nothing seems to alleviate the recurring pain in my quads primarily. and this is on top of staying in the sauna post workout. i'm considering adding post jym to the mix but i doubt it'll help much...

do you guys have any ideas?

i really could use your expertise here....

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well, i've tried everything. tart cherry juice, mass pro synthagen, aftershock recovery protein, watermelon juice and fit aid recovery varieties. nothing seems to alleviate the recurring pain in my quads primarily. and this is on top of staying in the sauna post workout. i'm considering adding post jym to the mix but i doubt it'll help much...

do you guys have any ideas?

i really could use your expertise here....
Have you tried Redlight Therapy?

gymgurus

Awards
not really interested in paying that much $$$. ..

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

gymgurus

Awards
sorry, i'm not interested in red light therapy...

THEstudent

Awards
I am one month in on a 3 month run of Mass Pro Synthagen X2. Great recovery product!!!!!!!