Marine in the civilian world trying to stay in shape.. Need advice

Marine

Awards
So I work in Iraq for the next 8 or 9 months and while I have been here I have really been trying to hit the gymn and stay healthy as possinle. My height is 5'7" and I currently weight about 195lbs. I am not fat and proud of it but I have always wanted to weight 220 and never have been able to bench over 275. Diet here is tuff considering I have to eat at a chow hall but we do have access to a pretty good gymn so I am there everyday. I lift weights 5 days a week and do cardio and abs 3 days a week. I have been using supplements such as protein, 88g per day, and animal vitamins, M-stack, and Stack. I have been on the animal stack cycles now for just one cycle and not sure if I like it. I want to make sure I am maximimzing my gains and strength while keeping my bf% as low as possible. I know, rub the genie bottle right, but I am looking for some good advice cause I am tired of reading 50 things with 60 different suggestions. Thanks

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
First of all, I want to thank you for doing whatever it is you do (i take it your a contractor working for KBR or something...maybe Blackwater). The enemy doesn't care if your a soldier or not. He just sees American and could care less. It's gonna boil down to your diet man. I was deployed to Ar Ramadi in 04-05 and had to put everything healthy on hold. Sounds like you have a great set up with the gym. I would say make sure your staying well hydrated and watch your sodium intake. I know the food and believe me, its packed with sodium. Maybe you could try carb cycling. I have had great success with carb cycling while loosing bf. It could also be that this is a stressful time for you and your body is not responding the way you would like it to. IMO I think that if this is eatting you up you could always just put it on the back burner and get down to business when you return state side. Mental health is something I wish I would have paid more attention to. Whatever route you choose, I wish you the best and keep us posted. Thank you once again for your service!

Conte

Conte

Awards
Iraq is over bro. Try Afghanistan to stay in shape..

:usa2:

Marine

Awards
First of all, I want to thank you for doing whatever it is you do (i take it your a contractor working for KBR or something...maybe Blackwater). The enemy doesn't care if your a soldier or not. He just sees American and could care less. It's gonna boil down to your diet man. I was deployed to Ar Ramadi in 04-05 and had to put everything healthy on hold. Sounds like you have a great set up with the gym. I would say make sure your staying well hydrated and watch your sodium intake. I know the food and believe me, its packed with sodium. Maybe you could try carb cycling. I have had great success with carb cycling while loosing bf. It could also be that this is a stressful time for you and your body is not responding the way you would like it to. IMO I think that if this is eatting you up you could always just put it on the back burner and get down to business when you return state side. Mental health is something I wish I would have paid more attention to. Whatever route you choose, I wish you the best and keep us posted. Thank you once again for your service!
Well I appreciate the thanks. Working out here is one of the things that keep me sane and helps me pass the time. I am not really stressed cause civilian life here is cake compareed to my 2 deployments with the Marine Corps. I am really using this time to educate myself and create a good steady workout habit but I want to make sure I am maximizing everything. I am not sure about what supplements are the best and which ones I need so I kinda just guess. Hoping to get more advice on that. As for eating, I feel like I eat plenty and I even feel full all the time. Maybe from drinking lots of water or the 3 meals and 3 shakes a day but still I have been stuck at the 198 range for about 2 months now and have hit a wall on my weights.

Marine

Awards
Well the troops may be gone but the rockets that they shoot at us evryday still remind me of the war. As for Afghanistan, I have been there too and I will be over there soon enough again so thanks but need new advice...

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
The only way you are going to gain weight is increasing your calories. With the heat there you are going to want to stay away from anything that could further dehydrate you. There are some new supplements out there that actually stimulate Ghrelin which in turn increases your appetite. Nutraplanet has a couple products to help you in that regard called "Black Hole, and Grub On" Black Hole also contains digestive enzymes to help mitigate digestive strain and leads to faster digestion.

Marine

Awards
I will try to eat more but I am also really looking for a better routine. My routine is getting boring and I don't feel sore anymore. I would love to find a routine that is really hard and heavy and leaves me sore as **** everyday. I feel better when my muscles hurt and lazy if I am not sore the next day. Right now I do Chest, Tri's and shoulder on Mon and Thurday, Legs on Wednesday and Biceps and Back on Tues and Friday. Then I do my cardio and abs Thursday Saturday and Sunday.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why are you asking this in the anabolics section?

Marine

Awards
why are you asking this in the anabolics section?
Well I am interested in trying out some new supplements and anabolics to help push me past my usual level. I just have tried to provide all the information I could about my current situation and habits in order to better help those providing with me advice. I have seen in other threads people asking questions and just wanted to go ahead and answer them straight away. Like I said I have been using the animal products and don't really feel it is doing much. Wanted something stronger and better to push me beyond. I feel I am doing everythig else to the best of my ability considering where I am so this is the only variable I can change is brands and type of supplements or performance enhancers (legal only). Def not interested in anything remotely, slightly, possibly illegal. I am a Marine and have honor in everything I do.

Philshred

Philshred

Awards
Could you give us a more detailed breakdown of your actual workouts? That would be very helpful in critiquing your routine and is possibly what is holding you back. Thank you and stay safe.

SPS

Awards
  • Established
Well I am interested in trying out some new supplements and anabolics to help push me past my usual level. I just have tried to provide all the information I could about my current situation and habits in order to better help those providing with me advice. I have seen in other threads people asking questions and just wanted to go ahead and answer them straight away. Like I said I have been using the animal products and don't really feel it is doing much. Wanted something stronger and better to push me beyond. I feel I am doing everythig else to the best of my ability considering where I am so this is the only variable I can change is brands and type of supplements or performance enhancers (legal only). Def not interested in anything remotely, slightly, possibly illegal. I am a Marine and have honor in everything I do.
you could try something like triazole, daa, or a new creatine. The problem with t-boosters and whatnot is you are going to find 10 reviews loving it and 10 hating it. Are the pp products or something else dhea based considered grey market?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, steroids are steroids, there is a thin transparent line between controlled substances and the steroids you buy at the sup shop.

if you're all gung ho with you marine morals, you may just want to think about sticking with all natural stuff. you could be using a legel pro hormone, and one day, before you know it, it's officially a class 3 controlled substance.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
[FONT=&]Iraq is over bro. Try Afghanistan to stay in shape.. [/FONT]

:usa2:
made me laugh, I did Iraq in 03' Afghan in 04'