Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lots of benefits to cannabis. I don't use it to get impaired. Sleep, stress, anxiety, appetite. It helps all of that. Great for libido as well.

If I wanted to be impaired I'd use actual drugs.
i don't give a flying f*ck if you use pot for those purposes, hell go do a bag of heroin if that floats your boat...i am only concerned about people using pot or any other mind altering drug and driving.

imo, you are in denial if you think pot doesn't cause impairment, dose dependent, but impairment none the less.

of course i am not the pot police and i have no control over what you do, i am just a parent whose child and grandkids were nearly killed by a impaired driver.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i don't give a flying f*ck if you use pot for those purposes, hell go do a bag of heroin if that floats your boat...i am only concerned about people using pot or any other mind altering drug and driving.

imo, you are in denial if you think pot doesn't cause impairment, dose dependent, but impairment none the less.

of course i am not the pot police and i have no control over what you do, i am just a parent whose child and grandkids were nearly killed by a impaired driver.
I agree with you. I get annoyed with people that are so pro weed that they act like it can’t be abused or ever do any harm. Like grow up

D

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Hormones can impair as well.

I get your position tho.

H

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Late to this party and side with you, but how would enforce this once it’s legal? There’s no real equivalent to the breathalyzer at the moment that I’m aware of and we’re headed towards alcohol’s level of legality in the states.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The example OP gave I think your weed use would cause no negative impact to bodybuilding. However for me when I get high it triggers my binge eating disorder so bad. I just got high yesterday and feasted until I couldn't move. It's bad for me. ****

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Late to this party and side with you, but how would enforce this once it’s legal? There’s no real equivalent to the breathalyzer at the moment that I’m aware of and we’re headed towards alcohol’s level of legality in the states.
i guess they would have to rely on field sobriety tests...alcohol is legal but it's illegal to drink and drive-eh?

U

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I live in a legal state and the impaired driving thing hasn’t been anything like the negative political ads said during legalization campaign. I think that’s been consistent everywhere that it has been legalized- it hasn’t led to more traffic accidents or use age by minors. Those are my two biggest concerns with the topic, fortunately they haven’t been an issue.

I do enjoy it myself, sometimes before workouts too. Just like others have said, it has to be the right strain in the right amount. After a long day at work, it helps me quiet the noise in my head and focus on the workout with an improved mind-muscle connection. Too much and you’re a weak mess that’s awkwardly staring at the girls.

Anyone ever see ‘Pumping Iron’ with Arnold? He used it on film back in the day and really seemed to enjoy it. Must watch if you haven’t seen it.

U

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Joe - you always have to check it before you drive away. It happens so much in that industry. You have to buy prepackaged goods you can’t see until you leave the store, and there’s frequently bad or missing product. I seriously think that the people that work in the manufacturing and packaging places get contact highs from handling the product because these issues happen so much.

O

Oswizle

Awards
Strain dependent... the right genetics for every type of scenario

T

Thesticles

Awards
I enjoy a couple workouts a week on. I feel like it dulls the edge on pain and allows me to push through. You need to be able to get through workout without getting distracted or lost, but I have been lifting for ~30 yrs. Has to be a saliva or saliva hybrid, but I feel like my mind and body all combine in the musle I am working and get way better mucscle focus. For me this is especially the case for arms. I usually pass on chest as I dont feel I can do the heavy weight I should. Try diff workouts and levels of high and see what works for you, I usually warm up on treadmill, stretch then hit the pipe for high volume/rep workout. By the time I’m done working out and cooing off I am past crazy munchies. The hardest part is not hitting the pipe again after your done working out and then blowing the rest of your day on couch with a giant pile of junk food. If you can limit to workout window only I think it can be an enhancer. I get some great workouts and enjoy more than I would otherwise. Also home gym=must..

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
They are currently working on this and much like alcohol it will have a limit to how much can be in your system and be still unimpaired.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They are currently working on this and much like alcohol it will have a limit to how much can be in your system and be still unimpaired.
imo, they should have had this done BEFORE considering legalization....but thats just me, i have personal reasons for erring with caution when it comes to impaired driving.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
imo, they should have had this done BEFORE considering legalization....but thats just me, i have personal reasons for erring with caution when it comes to impaired driving.
This also leads to the medical question since medical users will have in system regularly.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Only a pothead would argue there’s benefits being high to train heavy and hard. I can name it 10 pro bodybuilders smoking weed daily and absolutely none of them smoke during workout because it’s stupid. Sure if you’re a casual lifting like a pussy why not but if you’re pushing yourself to the limits for exemple on a leg day, heart almost explosing from pounding so hard, nauseous at times, out of breath, shaky... wow sounds nice to add being high on top of that. How stupid. Smoking after? Absolutely, I do it daily at night.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If needed. I’m just throwing info and questions that I know have been asked in NY.
yeah, i know i'm fighting a losing battle...with uncle joe and democrats in control i look for heroin to be sold at walmart.:cool:

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yeah, i know i'm fighting a losing battle...with uncle joe and democrats in control i look for heroin to be sold at walmart.:cool:
Legal in I think Oklahoma or Ohio now

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Only a pothead would argue there’s benefits being high to train heavy and hard. I can name it 10 pro bodybuilders smoking weed daily and absolutely none of them smoke during workout because it’s stupid. Sure if you’re a casual lifting like a pussy why not but if you’re pushing yourself to the limits for exemple on a leg day, heart almost explosing from pounding so hard, nauseous at times, out of breath, shaky... wow sounds nice to add being high on top of that. How stupid. Smoking after? Absolutely, I do it daily at night.
Lmfao you crack me up. Not everyone on this board is tryna be a pro bodybuilder. Your vantage point doesn’t have to be others.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lmfao you crack me up. Not everyone on this board is tryna be a pro bodybuilder. Your vantage point doesn’t have to be others.
You get my point though, giving your everything at the gym doesn’t have anything to do with wanting to become a pro or not. Everybody claim they train hard right? Then there’s no way you get high and go perform as well at the gym. If you’re going there to do 50-60% of your max weights and train like a girl sure weed would actually fit perfectly.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You get my point though, giving your everything at the gym doesn’t have anything to do with wanting to become a pro or not. Everybody claim they train hard right? Then there’s no way you get high and go perform as well at the gym. If you’re going there to do 50-60% of your max weights and train like a girl sure weed would actually fit perfectly.
Hahaha I just love your intensity man. I have days where I just go get a bro pump, do some cardio and mobility work. Other days I go ham. Weed doesn’t sound appealing to me tho so I generally agree

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hahaha I just love your intensity man. I have days where I just go get a bro pump, do some cardio and mobility work. Other days I go ham. Weed doesn’t sound appealing to me tho so I generally agree
lmao 😂you’re right about me it’s a mistake I often do. Working on that. Can’t set expectation on people when they’re not necessarily doing what I’m doing. Working out is different for everybody

O

Oswizle

Awards
Certain strains will give u energy that can push ur workouts to the next level... weights .. cardio... sports.. it doesnt matter... its a booster like spinach is to popeye ... cannabis is very complex

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Certain strains will give u energy that can push ur workouts to the next level... weights .. cardio... sports.. it doesnt matter... its a booster like spinach is to popeye ... cannabis is very complex
Yeah... nah i dont see it! Everyone it’s thing though I guess :)

T

Thesticles

Awards
Yeah... nah i dont see it! Everyone it’s thing though I guess :)
Wow.. your opinion though. I am fairly certain there a few of us on these boards that fall into a category slightly above casual pussy lifter that wont ever make a full time professional career out of it. Come on dude lets be reasonable and understand that everything is not black and white. I don’t see myself ever quitting my career to pursue lifting, but have some numbers in the gym that are way above casual pussy.... (unless 420 shirtless bench at 185 bodyweight in my mid 30s is casual pussy)I also did state that it’s not ideal for heavy days (squat, BP, Dead, etc) but I actually get much better lifts on high volume days and insane muscle mind focus.

But we all do get our opinions and I have not been in a public gym in 20+ yrs so maybe I am not all that anymore and would in reality be the causal pussy lifter compared to all the bros at 24hr fitness

T

Thesticles

Awards
And this is why I read and never post. I think Ill go back to reading only. When I engage it just makes me snarky and irritated. I do better when I keep my opinions to myself. good lesson for some to learn

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And this is why I read and never post. I think Ill go back to reading only. When I engage it just makes me snarky and irritated. I do better when I keep my opinions to myself. good lesson for some to learn
On the contrary it’s good that you write this. I have no doubt you have good lifts, my thinking is simply that say you wanted to increase your big lifts of 75 pounds in 6-8 months or whatever, I don’t see how you’d get there easier while smoking weed before the gym. On the contrary I think the opposite would help you push a few lbs week after week. This is all I mean. I don’t think you can’t workout high , I think it’s not optimal for progress

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you make a good point...for example adhd drugs like adderall have a whole different effect [amphetamine] when taken by someone not suffering from adhd. peoples body chemistry reacts in different ways, i would think that pot might do this also?

O

Oswizle

Awards
you make a good point...for example adhd drugs like adderall have a whole different effect [amphetamine] when taken by someone not suffering from adhd. peoples body chemistry reacts in different ways, i would think that pot might do this also?
Yes Sirrrrr... I can smoke some heavy leaning real deal 12-16 week flowering sativa and feel like Ive been struck by a lightning bolt when I hit the Gym... I'll lift weights and play basketball (alot of the Chargers hoop at our local 24) I can go for hours when I smoke hash oil in between games... I bring a mini heavy duty vape that allows to me get zapped up... I honestly will hot box the basketball court and nobody says anything lol People come in their smiling and are always lemme get a rip (pre Covid) ...on the contrary if smoke some dank Kushes like Bubba/Master or anything super Indica... its gonna ZzZzZz assed out.... lazy mode and Usually save those genetics for night... its all a balancing act... growing your own is the best because nobody is going to grow anything that takes longer than 8-9 weeks indoor ... so u only smoke the real deal if u grow your own... because 12-16 week flowering Sativas dont get u 2x the money back on the market hence no one grows them indoors and minimal outdoors...

everyone wants cookies, gelato, runtz, etc aka purple pretty weed that young kids think is chronic....in reality its all looks with zero bite...but hey rappers like it so...

robthomas

robthomas

Awards
I love to smoke never gets in the way of bodybuilding for me .
Most just smoke at night before bed helps with sleep for me .
If I’m deal with back issues I will smoke during the day if
No work or gym .

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love to smoke never gets in the way of bodybuilding for me .
Most just smoke at night before bed helps with sleep for me .
If I’m deal with back issues I will smoke during the day if
No work or gym .
my only concern is impaired driving...i don't really care if you put a pound of heroin in your arm every damned day of the week as long as you aren't driving!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes Sirrrrr... I can smoke some heavy leaning real deal 12-16 week flowering sativa and feel like Ive been struck by a lightning bolt when I hit the Gym... I'll lift weights and play basketball (alot of the Chargers hoop at our local 24) I can go for hours when I smoke hash oil in between games... I bring a mini heavy duty vape that allows to me get zapped up... I honestly will hot box the basketball court and nobody says anything lol People come in their smiling and are always lemme get a rip (pre Covid) ...on the contrary if smoke some dank Kushes like Bubba/Master or anything super Indica... its gonna ZzZzZz assed out.... lazy mode and Usually save those genetics for night... its all a balancing act... growing your own is the best because nobody is going to grow anything that takes longer than 8-9 weeks indoor ... so u only smoke the real deal if u grow your own... because 12-16 week flowering Sativas dont get u 2x the money back on the market hence no one grows them indoors and minimal outdoors...

everyone wants cookies, gelato, runtz, etc aka purple pretty weed that young kids think is chronic....in reality its all looks with zero bite...but hey rappers like it so...
let me know when you learn english.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man I wish everyone wasn't all worried and hating everyone and the meet up and lift thread was still going here! I would meet up and lift and smoke some good cannabis post workout then get some grub!

O

Oswizle

Awards
Lol only a real winner would think marijuana impairs your driving ability... smoke weed all day over pumping my body full of anabolic cancer causing chemcials

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol only a real winner would think marijuana impairs your driving ability... smoke weed all day over pumping my body full of anabolic cancer causing chemcials
and yet here you are at ANABOLICMINDS :unsure:

O

Oswizle

Awards
Can you speak English please .. I dont understand you

O

Oswizle

Awards
U guys are hilarious... life is short... make tons of money and be the the best version of yourself... Mr T was being a smart ass telling me to speak English... I guess I sound to urban for him? Sounds like a racist prick .. somebody Id love to say that to me in person

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Everyone stop this $hit we are here to edify one another in spirit and here on AM is the flesh. We all have different views and many different counties. I understand where your coming from in a father's sense @thebigt

@Oswizle I get what your saying I'm MMJ and a cannabis and hemp hippie through and through. I'm a hog hunting, weight lifting. THC smokin country bunkin.

I'll say it again guys let's keep this friendly with our own options. Please we have to much crap going on right now to be divided here..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
U guys are hilarious... life is short... make tons of money and be the the best version of yourself... Mr T was being a smart ass telling me to speak English... I guess I sound to urban for him? Sounds like a racist prick .. somebody Id love to say that to me in person
did you seriously just call me a racist prick?

yup, on fridays it's the klan meeting and saturdays it's aryan nation meeting with my native american wife and our 3 brown children and 4 grandkids in tow.

you are more than welcome to come call me a racist prick in person, Mr O

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow, this thread escalated quickly...... 👀👀

and I still don’t know what a dank Kushes is 😂

Last edited:
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow, this thread escalated quickly......

and I still don’t know what a dank Kushes is
Damn that did.

Dank kush is a strain of MJ if I am correct.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Damn that did.

Dank kush is a strain of MJ if I am correct.
ah ok. Back when I smoked we just had resin, sativa or skunk. Pretty much everyone just wanted skunk, just sit and get battered, eat shite and laugh a lot. Definitely couldn’t have trained on it.

sativa I could have probably trained on as a bit more of a buzz type high but still wouldn’t be as optimal as not being stoned at all ime.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think the strains are Bubba Kush and Master Kush and by dank kush the kiddo refers to strong (kush) weed. Those strong indicas put him to lazy mode = )

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think the strains are Bubba Kush and Master Kush and by dank kush the kiddo refers to strong (kush) weed. Those strong indicas put him to lazy mode = )
Lazy mode is a understatement broseph! If I smoke more than my fair share, I’m start to become one with the couch lol!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lost my car 2 weeks ago along with my house.. so on foot for this stoner

i have a lot of vehicles but when i take my 2gm phenibut i plan on staying home and if i need to go somewhere someone else is going to be driving!!!