maintain low body fat bulking?? help

sportf190

hey guys im using carb cycling now and getting great results as im finally around 9% bodyfat my goal isaround 7%.. but my question is this winter when i bulk up i DO NOT want to go above 11% tops like i usually do when i get up to 16% like this winter... how would i adjust my diet so i can gain the most muscle possible without fat storage thanks... im guessing by not eating as many carbs like maybe 300 grams all in the mourning and pre post workout then on off days like 50 grams ... ?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Instead of having a large caloric excess, have a more modest increase (200-300 kcals) and continue to do cardio throughout.

sportf190

ok and what about carbs since i know they make me gain fat easily should i rotate them or just keep a steady diet maybe a 40/30/30 split p/c/f

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do 2 days of reduced carbs, 1 refeed, and 4 maintenance days. If carbs make you gain fat easily, then focus on healthy fat and protein consumption for your kcal increase.

sportf190

ok thanks alot and just one other quick question besides pre and postworkout nutrition doesn't my body need carbs to gain more muscle with other meals or is it just during those meals that matter most? thanks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
ok thanks alot and just one other quick question besides pre and postworkout nutrition doesn't my body need carbs to gain more muscle with other meals or is it just during those meals that matter most? thanks
This is something that is specific to your phenotype. I can't do less than 150g of carbs/day for 3-4 days without having horrible hypoglycemia, but many can do this amount indefinitely. I would start with the majority of your carbs at breakfast, pre-WO, and psot-WO with an additional 30-40g after your post-WO meal.

sportf190

tbhanks any other endomorphs have experiance with this who maintain low body fat?? thanks