ma70's BPS Laxacrine Log (Sponsored)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As someone who enjoys trying out laxogenin/ecdysterone products and does a lot of time talking with various people who have also done so, I am glad that my log application was accepted by BPS to try out the new Laxacrine. I am coming off a high frequency 5/3/1 style program, and have already finished my deload week. I'm currently in the first week of my new training block which combines strength training with conditioning. I am currently still taking IFN Most Wanted (just finishing up the bottles) so I am actually still "saturated" on Laxogenin even though my previous unsponsored log was finished. With timing being aligned, I will be stopping the Most Wanted (or running out of it, depending on when Laxacrine gets here) and continuing what I've been doing. This means that unlike some of the other loggers, I may still be "saturated" on Laxogenin and I won't have to wait 3-4 weeks to get the noticeable effects. What I am expecting is to maintain the positive effects I've been having while on my other run, and possibly even more. I'll also keep an eye out for the "rash" that plagued others before with the old version of this product. Below will be the current supplements I am taking:

BPS Laxacrine (beta) --> 5 Pumps (100mg) applied to Upper Chest/Shoulders/Traps/Neck
OL Conqu3r Unleashed (used on strength days only)
Prime Nutrition Intra-MD (used on strength days only)
SNS Caffeine 200mg (used for non-strength days)
Vitamin D3 5000IU
ZMA

I have been taking all of these, except BPS Laxacrine for months now, so I know very well how they effect me and my recovery.

This is my generic profile.
Age - 26
Training Experience: Intermediate/3+ years

My goal is to maintain muscle mass/strength and lose fat and condition/prepare for an obstacle course (rope climbing, wall climbing, carries, crawls, etc). I am using Laxogenin for this specifically because it is more of an adaptogen in my opinion, which is better for athletes or people who are overreaching or doing some high frequency routines. I'll be doing a lot of different things this log and trying to figure out the perfect mix of strength training and conditioning while slowly dropping weight.

BPS has already said they shipped it out, so I started this log. I wish I knew all of the reps, so I'll just tag the big guy. Hoping for some fun!

BPS

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In here sir :)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed bud. The new carrier should change this product immensely

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Application tips? Best places to apply? Would it be upper chest/delts/neck area?

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Subbed with extreme prejudice.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Application tips? Best places to apply? Would it be upper chest/delts/neck area?
Those would be the best sites, yes.

warrior737

Awards
With all this talk about lax muscle saturation in your post, I am thinking I should start a bottle of **** epi arimi to kick start the BPS lax when I receive it. I don't know much about lax but I didn't think you needed 4 weeks to rep benefits?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With all this talk about lax muscle saturation in your post, I am thinking I should start a bottle of **** epi arimi to kick start the BPS lax when I receive it. I don't know much about lax but I didn't think you needed 4 weeks to rep benefits?
Through previous anecdote and a lot of research Laxo is more of an adaptogen than an anabolic. This is why many notice it later in their run, but this is common with most supplements anyway.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I received my package on Saturday night, but I've been away for a little President's day getaway. I'll be starting very, very soon when I can return to my planned gym schedule.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was the first application. My application process basically goes like this...

1) Shower
2) Wear gloves
3) Apply evenly to upper chest/shoulders/traps.

It has a lotion like consistency with a slightly lemon-ish smell that goes away quickly (or at least I am unable to smell it once I apply it properly). It dries within 5 minutes of application so it is convenient. Nothing else to report. Today is an off day and tomorrow is when I get to start working out with it. Mostly hoping to notice strength/muscle retention while cutting, along with having the same good joint health, etc. This laxogenin is transdermal and dosed at 100mg (5 pumps) so I'm wondering if it'll be as good as the last product I was on (400mg ecdy/200 mg laxo + both cyclodextrined complex). Logging this transdermal will allow me to figure out what was working in the last product, and if the cyclodextrin complex did anything (because if I notice the same effects with just 100mg transdermal Laxo, it really shows oral bioavailability sucks and the cyclodextrin complex in the last product didn't help and that it was the amount of raw ingredients that worked). Either way, excited to start this log! I will be applying the product to the same place every day for the next 29 days so we will see if a rash comes up.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Another glove user for TD application

No reason not to,
Let's start the party ;)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So today was the first official workout day of Laxacrine. Applied it and it went on nicely, dried quickly, no rash (but it's only the 2nd day, so this is probably meaningless). Also noticed that 30-45 minutes after I apply, my forearms get VERY vascular. Not that it matters much to me, but it's a random observation that I didn't notice on the oral laxo/ecdy product I was taking. Today's workout:

Strength Circuit A:
8 Pull Ups (8 stacks assistance) --> I need the assisted pull ups because I haven't done pull ups in awhile and I think I need to get my "strength-skill" back, also, it's hard to perform these when huffing and puffing due to circuit style training
8 Dips
8 KB Sumo Deadlifts

5 sets, 2 Min Rest Between Circuits, 30 Sec Rest Between Exercises

Strength Circuit B:
8 Inverted Rows with Feet Elevated on ~1 Foot Tall Block
8 Push Ups with Feet Elevated on ~1 Foot Tall Block
8 Jump Squats (basically, I have a fast eccentric and I squat up as fast as I can and don't care if I come off the ground or not)

5 sets, 2 Min Rest Between Circuits, 30 Sec Rest Between Exercises

This was a good workout. Kept it under 45 minutes, which is my usual zone of staying focused before I get bored/fatigued. I will try to keep this log interesting by talking/sharing some of the research I've done on diet/training and maybe we can have a discussion here.

Today was my strength-endurance style training that focuses the whole body. Bodyweight skills are important to me and I sort of "let them go" on my previous training block, as well as my conditioning/strength-endurance abilities so I'm getting them back now. I do enjoy playing sports like volleyball, basketball, and sometimes football. I also have been snowboarding lately, so strength-endurance and bodyweight skills are definitely a plus to be good at.

The day before today was a low carb day, and because I workout very early in the morning, my workout performance suffers the day after a low carb day because I don't feel mentally in the zone, glycogen possibly depleted, etc. Because this style of training doesn't really require maximal effort, I don't mind decreased performance, as I use this day to fill up on glycogen for my actual strength days that are ahead.

Studies I've seen point out that explosive training increases muscle insulin sensitivity, and eccentric focused training decreases muscle insulin sensitivity and obviously increases muscle damage (which leads to DOMS). So on this day, and for my training in general, I usually use controlled eccentrics that aren't slow (1-2 seconds for low intensity weights, 2-3 seconds for stuff over 85% intensity) because I like to minimize muscle damage and also stay "explosive" in general. For building muscle I usually do things like constant tension reps or growth factor style training, which I won't really be doing this log because I'm cutting anyway.

Week 1 Stats:
Weight: 209.2 lbs
Waist Circumference Above Belly Button: 37"
Strength: Same strength as before, will comment on whether this goes up or down throughout the log

The weight will probably be meaningless because I'm carb cycling, and in general, my water weight causes massive/weird fluctuations in weight, but I figured I'd track this weekly.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was the heavy strength stuff. Applied 5 pumps today, and I may consider splitting the dosage 3/2 because 5 pumps alone seems to be too much for my upper chest/traps/shoulders (meaning, it feels like some of the stuff is just laying around). Noticed a weird mood/feeling boost after I applied it, as well as the random vascularity increase. My recovery feels good (no DOMS from yesterday) so it's obvious this product is working because the movements I did yesterday were ones my body isn't used to (meaning I usually get DOMS from new movements), and it was high density work (although the weights were obviously not "intense")

Bench Press 5/3/1 5's Week
Front Squat 5/3/1 5's Week
Pendlay Row 3x5
DB Reverse Fly 3x12

Pretty good session. Since my training maxes increased so drastically and quickly from the last routine/log I ran, I wasn't expecting to keep the strength gains as easy. Today, I pulled off all my sets, although the very last rep of the very last set for my Bench Press and Front Squats were grinders, which is actually pretty good. It'll happen to be like this on a cut and when I've done density work the day before, so I'm not worried.

Also, no rash, and this is day 3. At 100mg transdermally, if this stuff keeps its effects from the last run I had using oral laxo/ecdy, I think I'll stick to transdermal Lax from now on.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today is day 4 and another full body strength day. I applied 3 pumps to my upper chest/traps/shoulders this morning after a shower, and I will apply another 2 pumps after another shower later on today. Still noticing the mood/energy boost (not sure why, I just know it's there) that may or may not be acute and I can definitely say this is real because last night, I honestly had 2 hours of sleep and I ended up staying up waiting to workout this morning. After applying this, I wasn't sleepy (and this was before I took in any caffeine intake). I'm not really a stim addict (max of 200-300mg preworkout, and nothing else throughout the day) but this is something that should be noted. Here was today's session:

Press 5/3/1 5's Week
Deadlift 5/3/1 5's Week (although I limit each set to 3 reps)
Lying Leg Curl 3x10

So even on crappy sleep (which should have hurt my recovery) I performed all of these sets with no struggle or grinders at all. Gotta say, no other supplement allows me to train borderline recklessly and still lets me recover like this. I've used a stack of Ergonine+Intra-MD before, and it does not repair to this kind of recovery. This is why when people use ecdysterone/laxogenin, I'm confused why they complain that it doesn't work using their typical bro splits. Adaptogens don't work if you don't give your body something to adapt to, but that's a rant I'd rather save for another day. Anyways, liking what I'm seeing so far. No rashes or anything of the sort.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today is day 5 and I applied 3 pumps to the usual areas, and will apply 2 pumps later. I think I like this dosing better, although it's more inconvenient. Of course, I've only been doing the 3/2 scheme for a day so I can't definitively say it is better, but it seems like it could be. Today was energy system work, or basically doing different kinds of cardio. The weather is usually cold in the morning and admittedly, I hate running in the cold so I used the stationary bike inside the gym today to do this. The training consisted of:

Warm Up:
10 Mins, ~130 BPM, Level 9

Alactic Training:
10 sets of 6 second duration all out "Bike Sprints", Level 9

Lactic Training:
3 sets of 30 second duration high intensity "Bike Sprints", Level 9

The schedule is setup so that I basically do my strength days, then deplete my carb/glycogen stores for the rest of the week in an attempt to maintain muscle/strength performance while dropping fat quicker. Today's session was normal and worked out pretty well. I've periodized all of my "conditioning" days so I'm not doing too much. These sessions are short so I don't risk muscle loss. I just took 200mg Caffeine pre-workout, no BCAAs or anything like that, and in my opinion, no need to. I'm not super low body fat to the point where I'd worry about that (hovering at 12-15%), and Laxogenin is supposed to preserve muscle as well.

No rashes or anything of the sort either. The new carrier seems to be fine.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like how all of the testers so far are having nothing but positive to say about the new version!!

So, on your sets on the bike, do you just coast for a bit between sets for a certain amount of time or how do you approach that?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like how all of the testers so far are having nothing but positive to say about the new version!!

So, on your sets on the bike, do you just coast for a bit between sets for a certain amount of time or how do you approach that?
For the alactic sets, I stop pedaling for 55 seconds, then pedal for 5 seconds (to "turn the machine back on") and set it back to the setting, then pedal for the duration. Same for the lactic sets, except I do 3 minutes and 55 seconds of rest, followed by pedaling for 5 seconds. Haha.

For me, what is interesting is I notice the mood boost effect at 100mg transdermal Laxo and not at 200mg Cyclodextrined Laxo (which also had 400mg ecdysterone). I wonder what the deal is. Also noticing the positive effects (generally) of Laxogenin, yet at once again, a lower dosage. Too many variables since I'm on a different program, so we'll see how the log goes. Hoping to really retain every single last bit of strength I gained from my last run while cutting down weight/BF%.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see. I tried to do a bit of cardio (that's a swear word for me) yesterday but the torn cartilage in my right knee kept saying, "NOPE!!" Still feeling more sore than 'normal' today.

On the mood boost, is it lasting longer than just a few minutes after the application?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see. I tried to do a bit of cardio (that's a swear word for me) yesterday but the torn cartilage in my right knee kept saying, "NOPE!!" Still feeling more sore than 'normal' today.

On the mood boost, is it lasting longer than just a few minutes after the application?
Can't really explain the mood/energy boost. Seems acute, and lasts shortly after the application. It's not like I really expect to feel better about myself using this stuff, haha. Then again, Laxogenin is supposed to control cortisol and act as an adaptogen. Not really gonna say that this stuff is like KSM-66, but who knows. Time will tell. I never noticed this effect on the previous Laxo products I tried, but there is also the idea transdermal vs oral.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 6 today was carries and ergometer training. Still no rash/funny business from all the applications in the same area, so I'd like to say I'm pretty safe in regards to getting any of those irritation issues the last Laxacrine supposedly had, but of course, I will keep everyone posted. Had a good session today.

Farmer Carries (Weights in each hand with handles on them), 35 lbs
Set 1: 2 Minutes (3 laps around area), 1 Min Rest
Set 2: 2 Minutes (3 laps around area), 1 Min Rest
Set 3: ~40 Seconds (1 lap around area)

My left hand grip gave out before I could finish my goal of 3 sets of 2 minute carries. The reason I'm doing carries is for overall strength endurance, and grip endurance as well. Also, it provides a nice burn and gets me breathing heavy after a bit. 35 lbs per hand seems light, but when holding it for 2 minutes, it's a lot harder than it looks, but maybe that's because I still need to work on my grip endurance. Next week I hope to complete all 3 sets at this weight, then I might manipulate some variables.

Ergometer Training:
10 sets, 60 seconds rowing, 60 seconds resting

Pretty basic here. I row explosively as well, as I find this is the most useful way to train and it helps really jack up my heart rate. I was able to complete this, although I was breathing very heavy at the end.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 7 is an active recovery day (mostly just incline walking). I'm recovering pretty easy even though I scheduled 3 "full body" workouts together, so I think I might add an EDT session somewhere into the schedule to take advantage of Laxacrine. 100mg of transdermal Laxo is just as effective as 200mg laxo, so I'll definitely be recommending transdermal stuff from now on. No rash, etc.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Our active recover days are different lol which isn't a bad thing.

Mine is low intensity TENs unity, lax ball, yoga (maybe)

And I agree, I've used oral 5a-lax and TD, and TD is remarkedly better IMO

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Our active recover days are different lol which isn't a bad thing.

Mine is low intensity TENs unity, lax ball, yoga (maybe)

And I agree, I've used oral 5a-lax and TD, and TD is remarkedly better IMO
Well, normally I'd jog outside on active recovery days, but I don't like running in the cold/rain/snow/etc. Running on treadmills feels weird to me too, haha. Walking is pretty good as far as recovery goes (not tough on joints, lowers cortisol, gets blood flowing) so I'm fine with it.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, another day where I'm taking the opportunity to rest. Feeling like garbage (mainly due to the large caloric deficit I am taking on "off" days). I'm going to be switching up the schedule a bit. I'll keep the same general volume for conditioning/strength, but I'm going to keep shifting things around until I find a sweet spot. Really trying to take advantage of Laxogenin's adaptogenic benefits, but also trying to drop fat as much as possible. I applied it today and of course, same old story, no rash, etc. I like the new carrier and I hope this stuff goes on sale soon because it's something I would buy. The convenience of the "squirt tube", easy application, and of course, effectiveness. I really am surprised that 100mg of transdermal Laxo is comparable/better than 200mg oral Laxo.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really am surprised that 100mg of transdermal Laxo is comparable/better than 200mg oral Laxo.
It's amazing how much is lost to breakdown from the bacteria and enzymes in our digestive system.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, I'll update my progress regarding weight/waist circumference then comment about strength retention later.

Weight: 206.0 (it's a loss of 3 lbs, but this may be some glycogen/water weight too. this number isn't important to me)
Waist Circumference: 36.5" (so that's 0.5 loss so far)

In the next two days I'll be testing my strength and I will see if I've lost any or if I'm stronger/even.

Today, I've switched up my schedule a bit. Normally, I'd be doing my full body circuit but I decided that it wasn't challenging enough (because I'm overall more conditioned), and I modified my strength days to be upper/lower based instead of full body + full body.

Anyways, today was basic:

Stationary Bike Level 10 (increased from Level 9)
Warm Up:
130 bpm, 12 mins

Alactic Bike Training:
10 sets, 8 second duration, 1 Min Rest

Lactic Bike Training:
4 sets, 30 second duration, 4 Min Rest

No rash or any skin problems to speak of. Still applying 3 pumps morning, 2 pumps in late afternoon on the upper chest/shoulders/traps/neck. Tomorrow, I'll start my new 7 day schedule which is still going to vaguely utilize what I'm doing now but just in a different order. Because of how well this Laxo product is doing (it was slightly unexpected from me considering I was megadosing my last Laxogenin product), I am going to use the same program Mixelflick (ecdy/laxo expert) recommended for the best results on Laxogenin, except I'll still be doing conditioning on some of the off days.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If strength isn't where it was, it should rebound rather quickly. Lax has that effect. :D

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If strength isn't where it was, it should rebound rather quickly. Lax has that effect. :D
Haha. Well the thing is, right before this log, I added some huge poundage to all of my lifts (high frequency training with another laxo/ecdy product) and now that I'm cutting + conditioning I was afraid of losing it. I kept it last week and today I'll be doing my 3's cycle for some of my lifts. We'll see later! Just finished applying my 3 pumps of Laxo, and will apply 2 later. No rash.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good session today. Upper body strength.

Pendlay Row 3x5
Bench Press 5/3/1 (3's)
Press 5/3/1 (3's)
DB Incline Reverse Fly 3x12

Alright so today was the day to see how my strength is holding up. This is because my pressing movements normally suffer greatly during a cut (even slow cuts). Wasn't too focused today for some reason, but still did all of my sets. My last rep of my last set in the Bench Press was a massive ugly grinder, but I attribute that to my form. On the second rep, I lost upper back tightness on my left side and it made the 2nd rep that much more tiring. But this is normally a thing for me, because usually over the 90 percentile of my training maxes, my form becomes slightly less perfect. But 85% and below it's usually pretty perfect and explosive. Either way, I was a little worried until I got to my overhead pressing. I mashed out the sets pretty easily actually, which leads me to believe that my pressing strength overall has not been lost which is HUGE for me. Loving this stuff. BPS should definitely re-release this.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was lower body strength. Still no rashes/anything from the same application to the same site every day (2 times a day).

Front Squat 5/3/1 (3's)
Deadlift 5/3/1 (3's)
Romanian Deadlift 3x5

Added Romanian Deadlifts to my routine because I want to practice hip hinge more, and they're good hamstring assistance. The session went pretty well. No signs of strength loss on these lifts and no grinders either. Also, I'm not feeling sore from my upper body workout yesterday, but that's expected now. Tomorrow though, I'm definitely going to feel some DOMS because I will be doing an upper/lower split of Gironda's 8x8. I've done it before and like it because it builds muscular/cardiovascular conditioning and is pretty good for building muscle. I'm really trying to test the limits of Laxogenin now since I only have 2-3 weeks left of this stuff.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah boii

Let's push the product! Your log intrigues me most (no offense to other loggers) because of the different CNS stimulation/fatigue your going through; as well as muscular stimulation regarding reps/rest periods

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really like the Romanian deads. I get a good burn in the legs and glutes without as much strain on my knees and lower back/ pelvis. That and it's a good stroke to my ego as I can lift more weight that way. Lol!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whew, today was a BRUTAL session. As usual, I'll start off with the fact that I still have no rash/skin reactions to Laxacrine. Feels redundant in saying this so from now on, just assume there's nothing wrong unless I say it.

Gironda Style 8x8 (Upper):
Lat Pulldown 8x8
DB Incline Press 5x8, 1x4, 1x4, 1x3 (I went too heavy)
DB Chest Supported Row (Neutral Grip) 4x8, 1x4, 1x4, 1x3, 1x4 (I went too heavy, again)
DB Seated Side Lateral Raises 8x8

Today was insane. I was humbled by the "light" weights I was using. For those of you who don't know, Gironda 8x8 style training basically does 8 sets of 8, with 30 seconds or less of rest in between. Today, I kept it at 30 seconds between each set and made it through some of them, but overestimated on some.

I switched to this style compared to the first week because at the beginning, I didn't know if 100mg transdermal laxo would be as good as the 200mg oral laxo I've used in the past, but it definitely is (if not slightly better?). Last week was 3 full body days lined up back to back with normal amounts of volume for me. This week, I went "overboard" and went for an Upper/Lower/Upper/Lower (this one is tomorrow) and we will see if I can recover. I have no DOMS from yesterday's lower session, but I'm definitely sure I'll have DOMS from this session. This many sets/reps in one day (and a 45 minute period of working out, might I add) is pretty tough for me because I don't train like a body builder, ever. I'll be increasing the weight of the sets I succeeded on, and lower the weights slightly on the sets where I couldn't do the full 8x8.

Tomorrow's 8x8 lower day is gonna be brutal for sure. I felt like the soul was sucked out of me today, I can only imagine what lower day will bring.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Major DOMS from yesterday for my upper body, but not as bad as I thought considering how I felt destroyed after the session (which hasn't happened since I don't train to destroy myself)

Gironda Style 8x8 (Lower):
Hack Squat 4x8, 1x6, 1x5, 1x4, 1x3 (went too heavy. these sets alone almost had be completely wiped out for the entire session)
Lying Leg Curls 8x8
Leg Press 8x8 (probably went too light on these because of the psychological effect of the Hack Squat sets did)
Seated Leg Curl 8x8

Another brutal session. Laxogenin is definitely helping me adapt to these "shock" type workouts. The rest of the week will be medium intensity cardio and carries (which I will log anyway). I don't think I can do HIIT for the rest of the week because these past few days have been pretty mentally draining.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, when you push your training really hard, it definitely takes it's toll on your CNS and can leave you feeling like a slug.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, when you push your training really hard, it definitely takes it's toll on your CNS and can leave you feeling like a slug.
Yeah, I love the change in pace though. The workout is pretty much non-step reps. Time really flies when you're trying these kinds of 8x8 workouts.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I love the change in pace though. The workout is pretty much non-step reps. Time really flies when you're trying these kinds of 8x8 workouts.
I've recently changed my routine around to try doing more sets and reps with a lighter weight than going heavy to try to give my joints a break. I've got torn cartilage in my right knee that seems to be taking forever to heal up so I've been trying to nurse that thing along.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've recently changed my routine around to try doing more sets and reps with a lighter weight than going heavy to try to give my joints a break. I've got torn cartilage in my right knee that seems to be taking forever to heal up so I've been trying to nurse that thing along.
Yeah. High density training is pretty good for that. You save your joints and save time.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just really like going heavy and so that is a big mental block for me to not just add more weight after each set. I do really like the drop sets though. I always try to incorporate them in any of my routines here and there just for fun.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was active recovery day. My legs felt like absolute jello (more hamstring DOMS than quad DOMS) and I even had some weird residual upper body DOMS. Either way, I just did some rowing and incline walking today.

Rowing Ergometer:
Damper Setting - 5
2611m, 15 Minutes

Incline Walking
30 Minutes, 4.0 Speed, 3% Incline

Just a day to recover, nothing too intense.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today, I did some carries because it's actually part of the obstacle course I'm doing. Same format as last time.

3 sets, 1 min rest between sets, and 3 laps (which is approx. 2 min of holding the weights)

This time was the same as last though. I completed 2 sets fine, and the last set I could only do 1 lap instead of 3 laps. It's not really a terrible thing because of the volume of work I'm doing while still cutting down, as I feel that grip strength is mostly neural and I don't really feel in the zone when I'm on lower calories.

Finished the session off with incline walking. Gotta say, body composition is looking better. I'm going to weigh myself first thing tomorrow, and I suspect that I'm leaner but heavier. We'll see.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today, I did some carries because it's actually part of the obstacle course I'm doing. Same format as last time.

3 sets, 1 min rest between sets, and 3 laps (which is approx. 2 min of holding the weights)

This time was the same as last though. I completed 2 sets fine, and the last set I could only do 1 lap instead of 3 laps. It's not really a terrible thing because of the volume of work I'm doing while still cutting down, as I feel that grip strength is mostly neural and I don't really feel in the zone when I'm on lower calories.

Finished the session off with incline walking. Gotta say, body composition is looking better. I'm going to weigh myself first thing tomorrow, and I suspect that I'm leaner but heavier. We'll see.
I wouldn't be surprised that you are heavier but leaner. When I was running the OG version, I gained weight but my body looked quite a bit leaner in the mirror. I loved it!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today I weighed myself and made measurements...

Weight: 208.6, up 2.6 lbs from last week (although this is most likely meaningless, explained below)
Waist Circumference above Belly Button: 35.875" (or 35 and 7/8), down from 36.5"

The thing with carb cycling is that your weight fluctuates like crazy (I have normal maintenance calories/carbs on strength days, and for other days I'm lower calories/low carbs) but my waist above the belly button is getting smaller. Also, mirror results look favorable. Upper back+quad hypertrophy is obvious and noticeable. Today is pretty simple. I just did some steady state stationary bike cardio. I'm no longer doing energy systems work because I think I'm getting plenty from all of the other days, and I'm simply doing this to do different forms of cardio and for general health/endurance.

Either way, Laxogenin is the recomp king when done right.