ma70's BPS Laxacrine Log (Sponsored)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So this week, I'm going to go back to do 4 full body workouts instead of upper/lower/upper/lower because I feel it suits me better (the lower day where I did density work pretty much crippled me. couldn't walk well for a bit). It'll be the same general workload/volume, but in the full body format I prefer. Today was full body strength day 1...

Bench Press 5/3/1
Front Squat 5/3/1
Row 3x5
DB Incline Reverse Fly 3x12

Nailed all of my sets. The biggest accomplishment for me is the Bench Press, as I feel that is by far my "worst lift" and it's usually the first to go when I lose weight/body fat. Also, I got a compliment from a fellow gym bro today saying that I look like I lost 5 lbs pretty fast, which is weird, because I'm basically the same weight. (he hasn't seen me in about a week and a half)

Also, no rashes, blah blah blah.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's always nice to hear, unless you're actively trying to gain weight.

Seems like all the (current) loggers are having to rashes! That's good!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's always nice to hear, unless you're actively trying to gain weight.

Seems like all the (current) loggers are having to rashes! That's good!
Well it mostly means my recomp has been really successful. More muscle mass/less fat (however you wanna see it) and I am way more cardiovascularly conditioned. Very good results. Of course, I mostly attribute this to decent diet and hard work, but Laxogenin's adaptogenic properties and truly shining here. Keep in mind, this Laxo log is a continuation of the previous 8 week laxo run I had, so unlike the others, I've probably been maintaining Laxo's positive effects from day 1, as opposed to the others who had to wait for it to kick in.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, woke up with a headache today and felt groggy and not so great, but this changed during the workout.

Press 5/3/1
Deadlift 5/3/1
Sumo Deadlift 3x5

I thought I was going to have a bad day and I simply had to survive the workout, but I ended up KILLING it. Today, it felt as if my overhead press got stronger (which is really weird) and I did my Deadlift sets quite easily. Anyways, I decided to do Sumo Deadlifts today. Because my training tends to be the same movements over and over, I switch up my assistance exercises to keep things fresh and attack different weaknesses. I don't do a wide sumo stance. I basically just switched the positions of my hands/feet, which some people call a "Semi Sumo Deadlift". Either way, it's good to reinforce hip hinge while keeping the lower back out of the equation (well, moreso than Conventional Deadlifting).

Great session. No DOMS from yesterday either, but that's expected. Laxogenin makes recovery very easy.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killed it ehh? Gotta love the gym sessions where you go in expecting it to really suck then you just get in a zone and make it your bītch!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was much easier than expected. I guess my cardiovascular conditioning is much better to the point where I'm not having a heart attack in between sets/exercises.

DB Row 8x8
DB Incline Press 8x8
Lat Pulldown 8x8
DB Seated Side Lateral Raises 8x8
Hack Squat Machine 8x8
Lying Leg Curl 8x8

All of this completed in about 45 minutes. 30 second rest between sets, 1-2 min rest between exercises. Going to do the same style tomorrow, but with different exercises. I wonder if I'll have DOMS....

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
pumped to see this strength coming back and getting where it needs to be! E****lent :D

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pumped to see this strength coming back and getting where it needs to be! E****lent :D
My strength has always been where its at now (in regards to the start of the log), but retaining the strength while doing so many different goals is what is amazing to me. I love it. I have more cardiovascular and muscular endurance, and I'm leaner and bigger. Granted, it was the hard work that allowed me to do this but Laxogenin's adaptogenic properties shine in this kind of situation.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
My strength has always been where its at now (in regards to the start of the log), but retaining the strength while doing so many different goals is what is amazing to me. I love it. I have more cardiovascular and muscular endurance, and I'm leaner and bigger. Granted, it was the hard work that allowed me to do this but Laxogenin's adaptogenic properties shine in this kind of situation.
My bad, I should have been more specific in my post. basically saying its hard to retain that muscle and strength while in a deficit or even doing more cardio vascular activities :D

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some residual DOMS from yesterday, but nothing I couldn't work through. Today was the last full body session of the week until I get back into doing cardio/active recovery stuff.

Seated Cable Row 8x8
Seated DB Press 8x8
Seated Leaning Forward Pulldown 8x8
DB Incline Fly 8x8
Angled Leg Press 8x8
Seated Leg Curl 8x8

Pretty awesome session. Kept it short and sweet (45 mins only).

The only thing I can't figure out is how you keep constant tension with rows (or the most effective way to keep constant tension without using arms or something). I'm used to doing one kind of row, which is the Pendlay Row, so I normally don't maintain constant tension with most rowing motions in general. I usually do rows explosively with no eccentric (dropping the weight after I hit my upper abdomen), which has built up my back pretty nicely, but I think the Gironda 8x8 style is better with constant tension reps to build up lactic acid. But of course, in general, I'd still like to figure out how to do it for anything in the future. Any cues/tips for that?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Some residual DOMS from yesterday, but nothing I couldn't work through. Today was the last full body session of the week until I get back into doing cardio/active recovery stuff.

Seated Cable Row 8x8
Seated DB Press 8x8
Seated Leaning Forward Pulldown 8x8
DB Incline Fly 8x8
Angled Leg Press 8x8
Seated Leg Curl 8x8

Pretty awesome session. Kept it short and sweet (45 mins only).

The only thing I can't figure out is how you keep constant tension with rows (or the most effective way to keep constant tension without using arms or something). I'm used to doing one kind of row, which is the Pendlay Row, so I normally don't maintain constant tension with most rowing motions in general. I usually do rows explosively with no eccentric (dropping the weight after I hit my upper abdomen), which has built up my back pretty nicely, but I think the Gironda 8x8 style is better with constant tension reps to build up lactic acid. But of course, in general, I'd still like to figure out how to do it for anything in the future. Any cues/tips for that?
good workout buddy! As far as constant tension, it may be hard to do those with pendlay rows. The point behind the pendlays are to build explosive back strength, What i do when I row is i stand a little more upright, and ill use straps. Tighten your straps in real tight and use a thumbless grip. Ive found gripping like this takes my mind off using my arms and forces me to pull with all back. On the eccentric, think of almost flaring your lats to let the weight down. Might be worth a try :)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good workout buddy! As far as constant tension, it may be hard to do those with pendlay rows. The point behind the pendlays are to build explosive back strength, What i do when I row is i stand a little more upright, and ill use straps. Tighten your straps in real tight and use a thumbless grip. Ive found gripping like this takes my mind off using my arms and forces me to pull with all back. On the eccentric, think of almost flaring your lats to let the weight down. Might be worth a try :)
Whoops. I probably wasn't clear in my question. The only kinds of rows I usually do are Pendlay Rows, in which they are done explosively and not done for time under tension. I was asking how people maintain tension on other kinds of rows, such as Seated Cable Rows. But thanks for the tip about using a thumbless grip. I'll try that next time I do seated cable rows to make sure I don't use my arms.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did carries, rowing, and stationary bike cardio today. Same formats as usual.

Carries
3 sets, 2 min duration (~3 laps), 1 Min Rest

Rowing Ergometer
15 Minutes Steady Pace, 2835m (up from 2601m. this doesn't really say much except I'm just more conditioned to handle more distance)

Stationary Bike
L10, ~140 BPM, 15 Minutes

Minimal DOMS surprisingly from doing 4 full body sessions in a row. I think I have about 1.5 more weeks left on this stuff, but I've also noticed I'm starting to have trouble focusing in the gym and staying with things, so it's almost time for a deload. I've been going about 5 weeks going balls to the wall in the gym and really trying to chase multiple goals. I think next week, I'm going to get some good rest, then do some 1 rep max testing and see where I really stand in regards to my strength compared to when I first started this log.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Did carries, rowing, and stationary bike cardio today. Same formats as usual.

Carries
3 sets, 2 min duration (~3 laps), 1 Min Rest

Rowing Ergometer
15 Minutes Steady Pace, 2835m (up from 2601m. this doesn't really say much except I'm just more conditioned to handle more distance)

Stationary Bike
L10, ~140 BPM, 15 Minutes

Minimal DOMS surprisingly from doing 4 full body sessions in a row. I think I have about 1.5 more weeks left on this stuff, but I've also noticed I'm starting to have trouble focusing in the gym and staying with things, so it's almost time for a deload. I've been going about 5 weeks going balls to the wall in the gym and really trying to chase multiple goals. I think next week, I'm going to get some good rest, then do some 1 rep max testing and see where I really stand in regards to my strength compared to when I first started this log.
excited to see how the strength gains treat you during next session!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
excited to see how the strength gains treat you during next session!
I'll be very excited if I managed to get more strength while achieving all of my other goals. Need to make sure I get some good rest for the remainder of the week.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did some walking today, that's about it. Making sure I'm fresh and ready to test my maxes next week. Still no rashes or anything. One interesting thing is I'm using 5 pumps (or squirts, whatever you call them) and I still have a little more than half of the bottle left. I was under the assumption that 5 pumps would be a 28 day run, but maybe something is off? (I'm not complaining, because if I'm "underdosing" this and it's being this effective, I know for the future that I don't even need to use 100mg daily)

Basically, sorry to possibly lead you guys on, but I might not test my maxes and continue using the current workout routine/style because this log may possibly last longer than I thought (and I don't want to short change people by logging a deload week)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
wahhhhhh ;) was so excited to see some maxes but maybe youre not getting a full pump? hmm roughly how much is left?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
here is a picture of it. been using 5 squirts every day. It seems like a lot because even 3 squirts can cover my traps/shoulders/upper chest/neck pretty easily (I split the dose 3/2). Maybe it's an illusion due to the way the transdermal pump is? Not sure. As of tomorrow, I'm only supposed to have 40 pumps left.

Also, took my measurements this morning.

Weight: 207.0
Waist Circumference: 35.5" (down from 35.875)

The weight number is something I normally ignore just because it fluctuates so easily with water weight. Waist Circumference is down ever so slightly and that's fine to me, because I'm feeling some clothes fit tighter around my lower/upper body (upper back/quad area to be specific). From most of my lifts, it feels strength is definitely the same/retained, and I'm more muscularly/cardiovascularly conditioned.

Attachments

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok weird thing, as I continue to use it the bottle is getting consumed much faster, so it might be on track to end this week. Not sure though. Either way, still no rashes/problems. Still gonna stick to the same 4 full body workouts in a row. Today's session:

Bench Press 5/3/1 (5's)
Front Squat 5/3/1 (5's)
Row 3x5
DB Incline Reverse Fly 3x12

Pretty easy session today. Actually kept my training max the same just to make sure, but these sets of 5 are easier than they were at the beginning of the log, which leads me to believe I've increased strength ever so slightly.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another full body strength workout today. As said before, training max has been kept the same but my lifts are feeling easier this time around. Including today's lifts of course.

Overhead Press 5/3/1 (5's)
Deadlift 5/3/1 (5's)
Sumo Deadlift 3x5

A good session. Rep speed is quicker than last time around so I've definitely gotten slightly stronger while accomplishing all of my other goals for the most part. Tomorrow and the next day will be density work.

On a side note, I really hope BPS releases this soon, with an intro sale. This is the only supplement that lets me train recklessly and not feel negative side effects from it. If I'd have to stack Laxocrine with something, it'd probably be Rhodiola for CNS fatigue, or Schisandra. That's about it though. I think people go too crazy stacking stuff when Laxogenin is great on it's own if you're using it right. Although Phosphatidic Acid would be good too if you train with Laxogenin because Laxogenin + PA + High Frequency is the ticket to fast gains.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was my full body 8x8 style today. Wokeup with a headache and wasn't really in the zone, so I tried as best as I could to do the workout.

DB Row 8x8
DB Incline Bench Press 8x8
Lat Pulldown 8x8
Seated Side Laterals 8x8
Hack Squat 8x8
Lying Leg Curl 8x8

I'm starting to feel consistently out of it and since I've been going hard for around 5-6 weeks (this log has only seen about 4 of those weeks), I'm glad today is over. I don't think I'll be able to muster up the energy to do another one of these full body workouts. Muscle recovery is totally fine, as well as joint health, but mentally I'm burned out. My resting heart rate has been slightly elevated for awhile and it's definitely time to chill out. For the entire week, I'm going to do mostly do walking and workouts dubbed "Neural Charge" workouts (you may have heard of these. they were popularized in around 2010 I think). Basically, explosive circuits done in sets of 3 for 20 minutes, taking rest as long as needed between exercises/sets to make sure there is no metabolic/muscular fatigue. Basically, active recovery.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
active recovery sounds perfect. I like how smart youre being with this log. I know a lot of people will push extra hard and then end up with an injury or end up not making any games because their CNS is trashed. good work, active recovery will do you some good!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
active recovery sounds perfect. I like how smart youre being with this log. I know a lot of people will push extra hard and then end up with an injury or end up not making any games because their CNS is trashed. good work, active recovery will do you some good!
Yup! As someone who regularly plays volleyball, basketball, etc. and mixes working out together, fatigue management has something I've become really really good and knowledgable with. No point in destroying myself further.

Although as far as the log goes, I think I've shown that 1) Laxogenin can really, really help recovery. 2) No rashes with new carrier for now

Also, the bottle is just about empty now.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright. Did some incline walking in the morning then I did this active recovery circuit in the work gym today.

Incline Plyo Push Up x 3
Broad Jump x 3
Medicine Ball Slam x 3
Vertical Jump x 3

Did this for about 5 sets before I cut the session out. Took about 15 minutes. I took my time in between sets, avoiding having a racing heart, or any sign of muscular fatigue. My performance got better as the session went on (with regards to how far/high I jumped, how high the ball bounced after slamming it, etc) but I stopped it because I felt my heart rate starting to rise. The whole point of this is complete active recovery and to avoid neural/muscular/metabolic fatigue. Pretty much a "Planet Fitness" session/mentality. When things felt remotely uncomfortable, I just quit, haha.

Also, no DOMS from yesterday, but not sure if that's anything important because my intensity in yesterday's session was nowhere near intense as the other gironda sessions I had. Oh well. Worth nothing though.

The bottle is finally down to its last pumps, I suspect maybe a day or two is left. I'm going to miss training like an idiot on this stuff.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
lmao at training like an idiot, Were hoping to put this thing back on the market soon, nothing but positive reviews from everyone so far except for one rash scenario but pfresh just hasnt responded to our laxo :) Soon you can train like an idiot all the time!

I may steal your circuit for tomorrow :D

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man! I'm getting bummed that you guys are all finishing up your logs. :(

I guess I can look on the bright side of things: All of you guys gave great feedback and maybe we'll be seeing this on the market soon. I know I'm anxious to give this new version a go!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I may steal your circuit for tomorrow :D
Yup. The concept is full body neural activation/stimulation without fatigue. Two upper body exercises, two lower body exercises. They have to be explosive though. Usually lower body consists of jumps, or KB Swings, while the upper body are mostly variants of push ups, and the occasional inverted row.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, this morning was my last and final pump(s). Had about 1.5 pumps left this morning before the bottle finally bit the bucket. I'll be posting my final review later when I have time!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW
============

Okay, so during the training log, heavy strength/training days were at maintenance and on the other days, calories were slightly below maintenance (estimating 250-500). I don't weigh my food, but I eat the same thing almost every day so it's pretty consistent. Today, my "measurements" were the following:

Waist Circumference above belly button: 35" (down from 35.5)
Weight: 205.2

Weight of course, should not really matter because it fluctuates when I carb cycle due to water retention, etc, but my waist size has decreased significantly since the start of the log. I've managed to maintain strength and get leaner at the same time, with some hypertrophy in my upper/mid back and quad/hamstring area (pants/shirts are slightly tighter). What the log doesn't show is that I've also gotten more muscular/cardiovascular conditioning. I don't claim that TD Laxogenin dosed at 100mg was super anabolic or something, but it allowed me to recover extremely quickly as if workouts didn't even happen. Although my joints are normally solid, Laxogenin made them feel bulletproof as well. I'll keep saying this with Laxogenin, but it is an adaptogen to me, and in order to fully benefit from it, you need to really change up your routine. I don't recommend Laxogenin if you're gonna do your same bro split that you do. If you don't give your body something to adapt to, then an adaptogen is useless. I think increased frequency, not necessarily volume, is key with Laxogenin. Maybe Laxogenin does increase strength a little, and maybe it has cortisol/glucose control properties, but those can't be tested easily (at least by me). Either way, I love this stuff and I'm hoping BPS re-releases it with an intro price so I can stock up.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the great review man! Super glad that it worked so well for you, much appreciated that you would beta test for us knowing the struggles our last version had! You guys will here of our release soon :D

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know the log is over, but I'd just like to a post a "week after" review. The difference in recovery is painfully obvious. Just like to point out that with Laxacrine, I was really able to speed up the process of getting ready for the obstacle course while doing other goals that probably wouldn't have been possible without it. Also, I can also tell that Laxacrine probably enhanced my strength ever so slightly.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the week after post as well! sorry i was unable to reply sooner, this is just a testament to all the additional benefits that come with laxacrine! Hopefully youre able to eat a little more to enhance recovery!