ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just got some Ashwahganda in last night from SNS to try and help with this. Didn't really know what to expect. Thought maybe it would be like other supplements that takes a bit to kick in. About 15-20 minutes after taking 1 cap, I started to feel like I had just smoked some mild weed. Definitely was not expecting that! The day went pretty good today! Lol!
Ashwaghanda extract is great in the evening!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Day 12:
I think I'm starting to feel some strength increases coming on. Pushed myself on the deads again and decided that I would try going heavier. Got up to 585 lbs for two reps before my grip gave way. Didn't have my wraps with me or I might have tried to go for more. Surprisingly, that's only 100 lbs less than my 1 rep max from 5 years ago using wrist wraps. Another surprise is that my knee isn't bothering me at all!!
Had a nice amusement going on in the pond by the gym where 2 geese were chasing a large muskrat. At first, I thought it was a juvenile beaver and was going to be able to say I saw a beaver at the gym......but no, muskrat. 🤷🏼‍♂️ The muskrat was not intimated by the geese and just kept doing it's own thing.
View attachment 203270
Very strong deadlift with no strap.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very strong deadlift with no strap.
Just for clarification, it's suitcase deads so not quite the same range of motion as regular deads. I started doing Romanian and suitcase deads to help take some of the stress off of my knee. Years ago I bulged a disc doing stiff leg deads with 405 lbs and haven't been able to bring myself to do them again even with light weight. 🙄

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just for clarification, it's suitcase deads so not quite the same range of motion as regular deads. I started doing Romanian and suitcase deads to help take some of the stress off of my knee. Years ago I bulged a disc doing stiff leg deads with 405 lbs and haven't been able to bring myself to do them again even with light weight.
Still strong, almost 600 pounds is almost 600 pounds.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 16:
Definitely made up for missing yesterday! Was completely dialed in today. Preachers felt good and just kept going on the reps. Started at 40 lbs and worked up to 80 lbs by 10 lbs each set. Did 15 reps each set and my muscles just said, "I want more!" Well, that is until I got to the 13th rep on the 80 lbs., then they said, "Yeah, that's good!" Lol! The db pullovers felt good too. Worked up to 90lbs for 12 reps. All in all, all my lifts were heavier and more reps than normal today. Sitting out in the parking lot typing this and almost want to go back in and hit it some more. Wife already called and asked when I was coming home though. 🙄

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 17:
Did shoulders and back today and could sure feel that my back was out between my shoulder blades. While doing the overhead press, I was able to get it to pop back into place. That certainly helped to make the rest of the workout go better! Decided to not push it too much so my back muscles could rest a bit but still wanted to get something done.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 18:
Well, got in trouble with the wife last night...... again. I guess I was playing with her in my sleep...... again. It tends to get worse/ more frequent when I'm on something and my wife says it's been happening quite often these past several days. Past few days I've also been noticing a pretty good uptick in my desires and I've noticed that the climaxes have been getting better/more intense as well!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Day 18:
Well, got in trouble with the wife last night...... again. I guess I was playing with her in my sleep...... again. It tends to get worse/ more frequent when I'm on something and my wife says it's been happening quite often these past several days. Past few days I've also been noticing a pretty good uptick in my desires and I've noticed that the climaxes have been getting better/more intense as well!
Blame it on the sleep ehh. lol

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 19:
Didn't do the deads today because I wanted to switch things up a bit and decided to do the squat press instead. I like the motion of this better than the leg press since it feels more natural to me. Worked up to 675 ×6 and thought about going higher but I had already used all the plates from the rack, the station next to me and some from the Smith machine a girl was using. 😂 I think the bros from the local college moved the weights around and didn't put them back on the leg side of the gym. My knee wasn't sounding like velcro being pulled apart and felt strong.

I'm getting some skin tightening in my upper body and noticing more definition. Even my wife is making comments. That's definitely a good thing!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blame it on the sleep ehh. lol
I was talking about it to a guy at work and he said that it's actually a real sleep condition like sleep walking. I was like, "Uhhh yeah, I know. I've been doing it for years!" Didn't know that there was actually a medical term for it (sexomnia) but knew that there had to be others that do it too.

Last edited:
lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 20 & 21
No gym. Sleep has been crap these past few days. Not sure what's up but I wake up just as tired as when I went to bed. Been waking up more than usual and the sleep doesn't seem like it's all that restful.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 22:
Gym was freakin packed today! Not sure if it was just the rainy weather or what but there were lots of people there. Had to change up things and do lifts on equipment that I don't normally use. Lifts still felt good but I think the frustration of trying to get lifts in and the lack of sleep just took away from them. I took my PRE at the same time as I normally do and for some reason, it didn't really start to kick in until I was almost already done. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Checked weight today and I have dropped down to 184 lbs (11 lbs down!) but muscles are still looking full so I'd say that the loss was from fat around my belly. My pants are fitting a bit looser around the waist as well.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like you’re making some pretty impressive progress!! How your keeping your sleep shenanigans under control!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Day 22:
Gym was freakin packed today! Not sure if it was just the rainy weather or what but there were lots of people there. Had to change up things and do lifts on equipment that I don't normally use. Lifts still felt good but I think the frustration of trying to get lifts in and the lack of sleep just took away from them. I took my PRE at the same time as I normally do and for some reason, it didn't really start to kick in until I was almost already done. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Checked weight today and I have dropped down to 184 lbs (11 lbs down!) but muscles are still looking full so I'd say that the loss was from fat around my belly. My pants are fitting a bit looser around the waist as well.
Sounds like the weather is causing sleep disturbance. When a storm system comes in, the barometric pressure (maybe electromagnetic even?) changes disrupt my sleep pretty bad.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like you’re making some pretty impressive progress!! How your keeping your sleep shenanigans under control!
Not sure getting woken up by being smacked and getting told to go sleep is "under control". Lol! I looked up Sexomnia and was reading a case study about a guy and his wife and the whole time I was like, "That's me!" Had my wife read it and said, "See?!?! I'm not the only one!!" She read it further than I did and saw that his was stopped by being prescribed a CPAP machine. Guess I should check into it. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Maybe my sleep will get better too?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not sure getting woken up by being smacked and getting told to go sleep is "under control". Lol! I looked up Sexomnia and was reading a case study about a guy and his wife and the whole time I was like, "That's me!" Had my wife read it and said, "See?!?! I'm not the only one!!" She read it further than I did and saw that his was stopped by being prescribed a CPAP machine. Guess I should check into it. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Maybe my sleep will get better too?
Really? That’s interesting! Maybe so...I know I’m pretty mean if you wake me up. So I can understand the hitting. Guess she didn’t realize you were actually asleep too! Haha

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really? That’s interesting! Maybe so...I know I’m pretty mean if you wake me up. So I can understand the hitting. Guess she didn’t realize you were actually asleep too! Haha
She wasn't all that mean about it, I could just tell that she wasn't happy and was tired. 🙄

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 24:
First time benching heavier in a long while and worked up to 315. Was able to get a solid 4 reps out before I started getting too shaky and called it quits. I would say that strength is going up! Most I was ever able to get was 6 when my max was 385 lbs about 5 or so years ago. Was really trying to get to 405 back then but could never get past 385. Not sure how much I have left of the R-Andro but I'd like to keep it going for longer.

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Great log man!!
I love reading it so far...
btw who or what is Wild Bill?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great log man!!
I love reading it so far...
btw who or what is Wild Bill?
Thank you.
Lol! That was a brain fart that I never went back and edited. It was supposed to be Buffalo Bill off of Silence of the Lambs. 😂😂
It's fixed now. 😉

Last edited:

Andocando

Awards
Awesome log! I just got some of this stuff in 2 days ago pumped to try it! I’m pretty new to all of this stuff any recommendations on pct?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome log! I just got some of this stuff in 2 days ago pumped to try it! I’m pretty new to all of this stuff any recommendations on pct?
Thank you. No need for a SERM with this. I would say a good test booster with mild estrogen blocker will be sufficient. I'm thinking about going with Ostarine after this is over and let the ride continue a bit longer.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 29:
Upped the dose to 4 pumps per day on day 28 and today, I can tell. Walking around with more of a full body pump than ever on this stuff. I think that 4 pumps might be my sweet spot. Lifts felt good but wasn't able to get as many reps as normal because of the pump. Have 3 girls at the gym following me from station to station and then doing the same lifts beside me. Obviously not with the same weight. One girl even made a comment to me, "Oooo, using the big weights!" It wasn't a smartass tone but kinda of a sexy tone. I just halfway smiled and went on with my lifts. That's exactly the kind of trouble that I don't need! Lol!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Day 29:
Upped the dose to 4 pumps per day on day 28 and today, I can tell. Walking around with more of a full body pump than ever on this stuff. I think that 4 pumps might be my sweet spot. Lifts felt good but wasn't able to get as many reps as normal because of the pump. Have 3 girls at the gym following me from station to station and then doing the same lifts beside me. Obviously not with the same weight. One girl even made a comment to me, "Oooo, using the big weights!" It wasn't a smartass tone but kinda of a sexy tone. I just halfway smiled and went on with my lifts. That's exactly the kind of trouble that I don't need! Lol!
Talk about a confidence boost hahaha.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why not see about logging Icon 1 instead of Ostarine since there is a logging opp right now?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why not see about logging Icon 1 instead of Ostarine since there is a logging opp right now?
I'm wanting to take a break from topicals for a bit after this. I'm starting to get sensitive areas on my skin but nothing bad. I also want to run the osta at a little bit higher dose than a PCT dose to continue with the fun. 🤫🤫

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm wanting to take a break from topicals for a bit after this. I'm starting to get sensitive areas on my skin but nothing bad. I also want to run the osta at a little bit higher dose than a PCT dose to continue with the fun. 🤫🤫
Have you noticed that sensitivity with all topicals or just this one in particular?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you noticed that sensitivity with all topicals or just this one in particular?
Most of the time I don't notice it but when I do, it's the ones that have alcohol in the carrier. It's only the skin is drying out and just gets a little itchy after running it for a while for me. It's not any worse than BA tingles so I don't pay much attention to it but this is why I'm rotating the application areas. I know some people have more sensitive skin and alcohol based carriers can bother them. The alcohol based carriers do tend to dry faster though. If someone has sensitive skin, that's definitely something to consider when looking at topicals.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Icon 1 is Sustain Alpha but with a different name if I remember correctly and I've run quite a few bottles of SA and Dermacrine since I used to be a rep for BPS. I really like them both but knowing how much experience I have with both of them, I would rather someone that hasn't used them get the opportunity.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Icon 1 is Sustain Alpha but with a different name if I remember correctly and I've run quite a few bottles of SA and Dermacrine since I used to be a rep for BPS. I really like them both but knowing how much experience I have with both of them, I would rather someone that hasn't used them get the opportunity.
Icon 1, is one of their Andros.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 29:
Haha nice! Gotta love getting the attention!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha nice! Gotta love getting the attention!
Yeah, I guess but it really makes me feel like a big pervert because I'm almost old enough to be a couple them's dad. Now, if it was you, I'd probably let you work in with me and spot each other. 😂😂

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I guess but it really makes me feel like a big pervert because I'm almost old enough to be a couple them's dad. Now, if it was you, I'd probably let you work in with me and spot each other.
Rofl I’d be giving you a hard time(I’m just sarcastic like that) ...I do know what you mean though. Although it is nice to see girls in the gym...I’m gonna need the tiny young ones to come at different times! 🤣

Last edited:
lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rofl I’d be giving you a hard time(I’m just sarcastic like that) ...I do know what you mean though. Although it is nice to see girls in the gym...I’m gonna need the tiny young ones to come at different times! 🤣
Yeah, I'd be teasing you as well. 😜

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 31:
Not sure if it's because of the R-Andro or not but ever since I bumped up to two pumps in the evening, I've been having crazy dreams. Last night I woke up extremely pissed off and the adrenaline was flowing like crazy! I had to get up and walk around a bit just to calm down. Really made for a short night. Been tired all day today. Gym actually went pretty good considering. Bench wasn't all that impressive but wasn't expecting it to be. Only got 315 for 3 reps but was happy to get that considering how last night went. Hopefully tonight will be different!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 33:
Was busy today at work and had to work an hour and a half longer than normal because I was the only supervisor there today. This made it possible for me to meet up with my old lifting partner since it worked with his schedule. Was a pretty good workout and was able to push a little bit more. He wasn't wanting to do legs so we did arms and shoulders again. No complaints here because I'm not really getting sore my lifting while on this. Recovery time is great!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 35:
Since I skipped leg day Friday, I decided that I better do something so my daughter and I got our bikes out and rode them for a while. Other than the wind, it was a beautiful day and spending the time riding with my daughter was awesome. Oh, I also got her a new bike today because she outgrew her old one. Had to get out and break it in. I really like how I can feel the muscles getting used differently riding the bike than lifting weights.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 36:
Bottle feels like it's getting really close to empty. Surprised that it's actually lasted this long. Did chest and shoulders today and felt like I was going to get the 315 for more than 5 reps but I think I got in my own head and wasn't able to get any more than 4. I know it's there if I can just get my head out of my lifting! DB pullovers felt strong today as well and decided to go for the 95 lber on my last set. Got the 10 reps knocked out easier than expected and thought about going to the 110 but not sure if it was better judgement or fear told me not to. Still left the gym with an awesome upper body pump.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 38:
Tapped the bottle on my hand several times to get what was clinging to the side of the bottle to the bottom so the pump could get it. I think I might have a few days left......maybe. The weights were not feeling as light as they have been lately. None the less, they went up. Really felt a good mind- muscle connection today and haven't felt it that good for a while. Was able to work up a pretty nice pump. I would say that if I had another bottle to extend this run, I would probably bump up to 5 doses/day as it seems that it starts to plateau after a week or so of doing the same dose. Might just be me.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 40:
Well, I having trouble getting a full dose out with each pump but I'm to the point of being able to give it a good experienced estimation.
Long story short, I didn't make it to the gym today because my wife had 2 pieces of metal stuck in the sidewall of her back tire and needed to get a new tire. 🙄

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 41:
Not going to the gym yesterday, I rode my bike today. Still not used to the seat after not riding throughout the winter and my butt doesn't like it! Lol! Legs felt good and didn't get tired as quickly.
Sensitivity that I was feeling in a couple spots on my skin has gone away and not returned so that's a good thing.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 42:
Unless I pour some alcohol in the bottle and swish it around to get every last bit out of the bottle, tonight will be my last dose. As I said before, I'm surprised that it lasted this long.
Rode my bike with my wife and daughter this afternoon because the weather was so nice other than the wind. Legs still felt good and still not getting any DOMS so that let me go further than before and faster. Did start to get some soreness during the ride back going up a hill facing the wind but at least I was able to not be in loose sand the whole way. The soreness went away before I even got home. Legs were still tired after that but not sore. I'm not sure how many miles I actually rode because I would ride ahead of my girls, turn around, ride back to them, turn around again and then ride with them for a little bit before doing that again.
Got back home and started getting stuff ready for supper. Grilled up some steaks and garlic parmesan asparagus.
16181887296141.jpg
16181887178870.jpg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Steak and asparagus! Doesn't get much tastier than that!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 43:
This morning I was able to get one last double dose.....sorta. Wasn't quite a full second dose but I did the best I could by unscrewing the pump and rooting around in the bottle some more to scoop any out with the tube. I'm going to go ahead and call it on this bottle.
Today's workout was good. Woke up with my neck out of whack right at my shoulders. It made turning to the right rather painful during the day. Once I got to the gym, I went straight to do DB flys with 50lb DBs. Just bouncing the DBs on the lower part of the lift a few times got my neck to pop and I was back in business! Muscles were still a bit stiff but I didn't let that stop me. Went ahead and went up to 85# DBs for my final set of the flys. DB pullovers felt really good as well and worked up to 10 reps with the 95# DB. Bench wasn't as good but I blame that on doing the flys first. 🙄 It was necessary though.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wanted to add in a sweet potato but I was trying to do too many things at once.
Sweet potato cut up in stripes, put on a baking sheet with a little olive oil and baked tastes awesome.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not wanting to stop just yet, I started looking for something in my stash to extend this run. I found that I still have 2 bottles of IML's Deca Drol. Being that it stacks well with others, I figured it would work as a transition as well. Not sure if I'll start up another log with this or not. I will say that 3/4 scoop of Mesomorph and a DD cap hits me pretty dang good!