Low SHGB while on first cycle

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
I just got test results back showing that my SHBG is low.... what does this mean
Screenshot_20200329-133636_Chrome.jpg

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just got test results back showing that my SHBG is low.... what does this meanView attachment 192619
Is this mid cycle? Post Cycle? You don't specify.

E2 is at the high end of normal for this tests range.
Low SHBG is good. (Free Test) as noted already.
Your Total T is probably higher than the range permitted to test. (Beyond 2100)?
So, this is mid cycle? I'm guessing yes.

Letrone by BLR would be good to keep that E2 in check.
(Last day of our March 30% off sale! MADMARCH)

Not knowing what SHBG is; is kind of telling here. You should
do some research on all the major components of blood tests
for your own safety. Do you have a PCT lined up?

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
Is this mid cycle? Post Cycle? You don't specify.

E2 is at the high end of normal for this tests range.
Low SHBG is good. (Free Test) as noted already.
Your Total T is probably higher than the range permitted to test. (Beyond 2100)?
So, this is mid cycle? I'm guessing yes.

Letrone by BLR would be good to keep that E2 in check.
(Last day of our March 30% off sale! MADMARCH)

Not knowing what SHBG is; is kind of telling here. You should
do some research on all the major components of blood tests
for your own safety. Do you have a PCT lined up?
Mid cycle. First test cycle. 600mg a week

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mid cycle. First test cycle. 600mg a week
Oh, my bad. I saw your other post and didn't connect them.
I see where you may be thinking "Low SHBG" to libido by it's monicker.
It's all about the Free Testosterone my man. Yours is very good.

Now then, the free estrogen on the high end of normal could be costing you.
Estrogen is important but you could do to lose some of that.
Hence my suggestion for Letrone. (Take at night)

Cheers!
M

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
The tesosterone free and total should be coming in today at some point.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For consistency (I think I said this on your other post), imo your e could be higher with no issues (and additional benefits). Personally I would reduce your ai usage.

PhoenixGamer

Awards
What is your SHBG normally when not on any Testosterone? (Off cycle)
It shouldn't be below range. Do you have blood sugar issues? Diabetes/Pre-diabetes? Could also be liver issues; providing us pre-cycle labs, CBC/CMP would be helpful.
Single digit SHBG typically only happens when on DHT-derivative AAS like Oxandrolone for example.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By the post, I'm not sure what you had checked. Was it only SHBG, and Estro?
Beside Testosterone, it says N/A.

In general, lower SHBG means higher free Testosterone levels.
What you said lower shbg raising free test is a good thing right?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here's a great article on SHBG and what it does and what it means if it's low or high.

There was a study I can't find atm that shows L-carnitine can inhibit SHBG, so I always take that on a cycle to keep SHBG low and you'll have more free testosterone floating around.

Ok, I was mistaken. L-carnitine has been shown to increase androgen receptor density, so it's a great addition to a cycle, but doesn't seem to have any effect on SHBG (although I swore I read this somewhere.)

Supplemental L-Carnitine L-Tartrate at 2g daily has been shown in vivo to increase the density of Androgen Receptors in muscle cells over 21 days.[204] Although this mechanism would not increase testosterone levels per se, it may increase the effects of testosterone as they are vicarious through its receptors.
Source

Study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16826026

Life Extension also has a good article on SHBG:

I'm hunting for the carnitine study, but I can't find it. If I come across it, I'll update this post with the study.

Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine (Link shrunk because it wasn't showing up properly from Pubmed.

Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Jul;38(7):1288-96.
Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine.
Kraemer WJ1, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Ratamess NA, Sharman MJ, Rubin MR, French DN, Silvestre R, Hatfield DL, Van Heest JL, Vingren JL, Judelson DA, Deschenes MR, Maresh CM.
Author information
1Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110, USA. [email protected]
Erratum in
  • Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Oct;38(10):1861.
Abstract
PURPOSE:
The purpose of this investigation was to determine the effects of 3 wk of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation and post-resistance-exercise (RE) feeding on hormonal and androgen receptor (AR) responses.
METHODS:
Ten resistance-trained men (mean+/-SD: age, 22+/-1 yr; mass, 86.3+/-15.3 kg; height, 181+/-11 cm) supplemented with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g of L-carnitine per day) or placebo (PL) for 21 d, provided muscle biopsies for AR determinations, then performed two RE protocols: one followed by water intake, and one followed by feeding (8 kcal.kg body mass, consisting of 56% carbohydrate, 16% protein, and 28% fat). RE protocols were randomized and included serial blood draws and a 1-h post-RE biopsy. After a 7-d washout period, subjects crossed over, and all experimental procedures were repeated.
RESULTS:
LCLT supplementation upregulated (P<0.05) preexercise AR content compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively). RE increased (P<0.05) AR content compared with pre-RE values in the PL trial only. Post-RE feeding significantly increased AR content compared with baseline and water trials for both LCLT and PL. Serum total testosterone concentrations were suppressed (P<0.05) during feeding trials with respect to corresponding water and pre-RE values. Luteinizing hormone demonstrated subtle, yet significant changes in response to feeding and LCLT.
CONCLUSION:
In summary, these data demonstrated that: 1) feeding after RE increased AR content, which may result in increased testosterone uptake, and thus enhanced luteinizing hormone secretion via feedback mechanisms; and 2) LCLT supplementation upregulated AR content, which may promote recovery from RE.

Last edited:
Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Looks good your e2 is fine where it’s at man. You need estrogen to build muscle. Don’t take anymore AI then you have been unless it continues to climb or you can feel it in your nipples. You don’t want to crash your estrogen.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what was the amount of gear and cycle you ran again and where in the cycle did you get bloods.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was always under the impression you wanted shgb on the lower end for the reasons that @Renew1 stated

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was reading more about SHBG, and I found out that I was thinking about Urtica dioica. Urtica dioica reduces SHBG levels.

San Estrodex is a good formula of herbs, including Urtica dioica and DIM that help reduce e2 levels naturally. It's good to take on cycle and post cycle.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
is that standard in many tests for bloodwork like yearly physical? I know some of the discount blood work places have you check a "female" hormone panel that has all the stuff a guy needs.

~Vision~

~Vision~

Awards
My cross post about this topic.. This should help better explain things for you OP :)

Here's my recent bloods on 200mg Pharma script Test Cyp WITH MAST AND PROVIRON!

As many of people on the panels know - I blast & cruise, more blasting than cruising with switch hitting.. I had blood work that was expected to be pulled from my Doc, he actually forgot and I had to remind him, it worked out well because I wanted to come off for a bit and do a little small cruise (6 weeks'ish) and give my CNS a moment to recoup as well as giving my REC's a brake..

I figured this would also be a great opportunity to take advantage of Masteron and Proviron used in conjunction with my TRT.. For the following reasons to keep libido strong, depression at a low at the same time optimizing the most out of my TRT dosage..

The addition with Proviron & Masteron is that it's a useful tool for the TRT user and specifically for those that cruise on low "T" doses who wish to inhibit the conversion of T to estrogen. By inhibiting the aromatase enzyme, Masteron would be in effect blocking the conversion of free testosterone to estrogen by the aromatisation pathway Yielding great levels of Free usable test. This would not only serve to marginally increase the amounts of active free testosterone in circulation (thus giving a greater effect of the testosterone during a TRT treatment or cruise).. With this said, I was just using 200mgs Script test-cyp E7D (with script adex .5 E3D) and Masteron-200 E7D and proviron at 50mg ED this ultimately created a match made in heaven, a complimentary duo!

Bloods were pulled 3 days after last pin and I was fasted and the panel was a sensitive essay (I wanted to see if my BS levels would effect estrogen total serum by way of estrone elevation due to fasting).. I have BS issues along with a family history of diabetes, the serum levels were extremely high and I doubt there was cross-reactivity of anything else due to the fact that E2 was low.. Being in a fasted state seems to be the culprit..

Further more, people tend to put blood serum numbers in a standard range of expectancy.. I've always advocated that I'm a slow/low metabolizer, even at 200mg which is the high end of TRT treatment and I barely scraped the high end.. It proves that this truly is NOT a one size fits all..

My closing comments : Libido was great, appetite was strong and I have no complaints, my sense of well-being was on point..The extreme low SHBG levels IMO are directly associated with the mast/prov, thus the result of low estro and higher free T..This can explain why I continued to feel great even after lowering my T dosage significantly..

I will continually use Mast and/or Proviron with every cruise I do!

Outstanding products...

There's an Easter egg here that's hidden inside of all of this, it's something I don't want people to miss.

This goes to prove that you really don't need much test.. I laughed when I see guys chasing a total serum number, they are expecting numbers in or around the 3k + range and they believe that this is where you need to be in order to make the most progress.. I will say this again, stop chasing total serums and focus on free test levels.. people can have 3000 of bound test and that doesn't mean anything, in fact that testosterone is useless..

People should incorporate compounds that are complementary with freeing up bound testosterone into more bioavailable testosterone..

The moral of my point, is free up your test levels and let all of the other compounds be the workhorse..

Know how to optimize your testosterone levels so they can work best for you.. it's not quantity but rather qualities..
I would rather have several hundred work horses, compared to 3000 useless horses..

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this shgb included on normal bloods trt docs run?

~Vision~

~Vision~

Awards
Is this shgb included on normal bloods trt docs run?
It depends.. Some will check and some don't think its impotent. I always ask for things that I notice aren't on the panel..