Low libido on TRT?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Morning folks

I've been on TRT for around 3 years now (200mg test E per week. Monday/Thursday 100mg split). My issue I'm facing is my libido seems almost non existent? It's actually been like this for a while but it's just slowly kept getting worse.

I have kept my e2 in check and I've tried adding in DHEA + pregnenolone. Still hasn't made a difference. Before TRT I had a strong libido and now it's flatlined.

What could be causing it? I've thought about throwing in HCG and see if that helps but I haven't yet.

I also have cabergoline on hand. It's a strong drug and will be a last resort at a tiny dose if need be.

Does TRT mess up your neurotransmitters? Be nice to feel my old libido again.

Just wondered why TRT caused this? Looking online it seems very common. Guys get a great libido and then it dies off. Exactly what's happened to me.

Any ideas what I should try?

Thanks

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Morning folks

I've been on TRT for around 3 years now (200mg test E per week. Monday/Thursday 100mg split). My issue I'm facing is my libido seems almost non existent? It's actually been like this for a while but it's just slowly kept getting worse.

I have kept my e2 in check and I've tried adding in DHEA + pregnenolone. Still hasn't made a difference. Before TRT I had a strong libido and now it's flatlined.

What could be causing it? I've thought about throwing in HCG and see if that helps but I haven't yet.

I also have cabergoline on hand. It's a strong drug and will be a last resort at a tiny dose if need be.

Just wondered why TRT caused this? Looking online it seems very common. Guys get a great libido and then it dies off. Exactly what's happened to me.

Thanks
I'd say it's the dhea and pregnenolone, but taking them sometimes is not enough. Your shbg might be crushed too.

Hcg eod or 3 time a week for a few weeks and then swap that for the dhea and pregnenolone.

I think Vigerous Steve actually has a protocol for something similar to this. I don't remember exactly what his was tho

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd say it's the dhea and pregnenolone, but taking them sometimes is not enough. Your shbg might be crushed too.

Hcg eod or 3 time a week for a few weeks and then swap that for the dhea and pregnenolone.

I think Vigerous Steve actually has a protocol for something similar to this. I don't remember exactly what his was tho
I’d like to know what that protocol is.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I’d like to know what that protocol is.
Very easy, go to Vigerous Steve YouTube and start looking through the videos. I'm sure the title names will point you in the right direction. Unfortunately I've watched like every video he's made so I'm not going to be able to figure out which one it's in but I know I saw it or rewatched it I should say within the past month or so so maybe it's in my more recent I'll have to take a look when I get a chance

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Definitely without a doubt has a video where a hcg, dhea and pregnenolone protocol is discussed

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very easy, go to Vigerous Steve YouTube and start looking through the videos. I'm sure the title names will point you in the right direction. Unfortunately I've watched like every video he's made so I'm not going to be able to figure out which one it's in but I know I saw it or rewatched it I should say within the past month or so so maybe it's in my more recent I'll have to take a look when I get a chance
Thanks bro….I’ll check it out.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@smonti think it was the pregnenalone/ dhea video from vigorous Steve or was it his neuro steroid video either way vigorous Steve is the man front double biceps from one vigorous crew member to another

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@smonti think it was the pregnenalone/ dhea video from vigorous Steve or was it his neuro steroid video either way vigorous Steve is the man front double biceps from one vigorous crew member to another
Lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When I get a chance il go look through those 2 videos, I think your right

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I will try this. I might just add HCG to my protocol from now on. I did have it in for a period and my biggest issue was controlling e2 on it. Hcg spikes e2 so quick.

Defo gives a nice bump in feeling/mood though if you keep e2 in range. I have calcium D Glucorate and DIM their so I might load that a day prior and see if that manages to e2 a little more steady.

My body HATES unbalanced estrogen. Too low and I feel hellish. Too high and I get insane night sweats and also feel off. I've had both on many occasions. Nightmare controlling it. Also I got a gyno flare up the last hcg run I done. I might try slightly crashing e2 and then do hcg and spike it.

Dhea and Preg I've been doing for a few weeks. Dhea in me also raises estrogen. I'm being hit from many angles and it's a battle to keep it in range.

See when me e2 is between 22-35 I feel awesome. Anything out that range and I feel dreadful. It's a tight range to play with. Some guys can have high estro and feel great. Not me sadly

I've sat many a times and debated if TRT was for me. My levels in my early 30's we're very low. I started and like everyone I felt awesome. The years have passed and my mood has been all over the place and I kinda regret starting.

I had an OK physique in my early 30's but I just couldn't make any progress after then. Tried every natural anabolic their was and my physique went 3 years with no visual changes. Went on TRT and also played with high doses 500mg etc and boom my physique was changing weekly. I reckon i put easy 15lbs of mass on that first blast and year. It's remained also.

I know if I quit TRT I would feel hellish for months and my body would revert back to where it was. My line of work needs me very fit and sharp. I couldn't work while recovering from AAS So I'm just trying to find that happy balance.

I'm happy with my physique but my overall mood/libido isn't even 50% of what it use to be. I can still have sex but I just don't have that drive anymore. I'm 36 now so I know part is me just aging and not being that rampant 20 year old lol. Just part of nature.

When I've had all my variables balanced. Good TRT dose. E2 in a perfect range. My hormones balanced etc. I get that 20 year old mindset again. It comes back strong. My e2 fluctuates like crazy so my mood then quickly changes.

I'm gonna try different esters. I'm gonna ask if I could be prescribed a sustanon blend and see if that can keep my levels more stable. My doctor wanted me to try wellbutrin (Dopamine reuptake inhibitor) to see if it boosted my overall mood and libido which it's known for. That's where cabergoline was also mentioned. I did try caber once and I'm sure I should have halfed that dosed as I felt so sick for a few days. Very strong drug.

Anyway bud apologees for the book of text!

Thanks for your info

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No, something is definitely out of whack and needs adjusting. And 36 isint old enough to feel like that, ****, when your 56 you don't wanna feel like that. Check out those videos and look for his protocol.

There's something that happens over time where shbg can get too low or something and this is the problem it causes.

Lots of ppl think we need to crush shbg and get our free testosterone through the roof but I think we're learning that high free t dosent mean as much as we thought, there's a balance we need to keep.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Following Along ???????????

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, something is definitely out of whack and needs adjusting. And 36 isint old enough to feel like that, ****, when your 56 you don't wanna feel like that. Check out those videos and look for his protocol.

There's something that happens over time where shbg can get too low or something and this is the problem it causes.

Lots of ppl think we need to crush shbg and get our free testosterone through the roof but I think we're learning that high free t dosent mean as much as we thought, there's a balance we need to keep.
Yeh to be honest bud I've honestly just messed my hormones up over the years. Throwing in idiotic compounds and looking for that extra in the gym etc. I'm regretting it all now. Though... I know I'm not broken and I can be fixed.

I'm not gonna be dumb from now on. I'm 36 and don't need to kick around with a 6 pack all year. The whole fitness and vanity really do get a grip. In my early 20's I gained so much weight and got called fat for years (Which I was) but ever since I put in the work and got into great shape I have been scared to go back to that old overweight me.

I'm getting bloodwork done on Tuesday of this week and should have the results early next week. I'm not gonna guess and try and fix this I'm gonna pay a lump of money and get an in depth panel. I want to know my shbg ' Thyroid' Test levels ' Estrogen etc. I personally believe my estrogen has crashed. My overall wellbeing isn't good at all. My skin is very very dry. My hair has became very thin and brittle' Terrible sex drive etc. I am almost certain my bloods will show crashed e2. I use Aromasin for e2 management and it's very potent and reading online it's notorious for actually permanently affecting the aromatase enzyme. I also used Primo before and that smashed my e2 with a low dose. Me just being dumb with hormones. I'm terrible for experimenting. Well I was. I don't do it anymore as I just want to feel stable again. No more mood swings and up and down sex drive and battling fatigue all the time. It's just not healthy. Hormones aren't meant to be thrown about as much as what I was doing. I'm actually very mild with cycles tbh so I can only imagine what people who seriously blast feel like 🤥 Must feel miserable.

Anyway. I will keep you posted and thank you for all the help. It really does mean a lot! Apologees also for the offloading and the book of text lol

Just nice to speak to like minded people.

Thank you

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks bud 👍 Just ordered my blood test kit. Should be here tomorrow and I reckon the results will take 2-3 days. I'm very interested to see where all my levels are sitting. This will also show the issue. I'm certain my estrogen is in the gutter? I haven't tried anything to manipulate my hormones though. I want to see EXACTLY where the issue lies. I've paid for a very in depth panel so it even covers nutrition/hormones/thyroid/dhea levels etc. Almost every marker I could get.

Will post my results 👍

Thanks again 👍

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Some more you might find worth watching
Hi Mate

Blood work results arrived today. I've been playing with compounds the last couple years and expected the worst. Couldn't have been much more wrong. My test/estrogen is in a perfect range. My liver enzymes are perfect. Protein levels perfect. Crp was 0. Zero inflammation or virus etc in my body.

Here is where I think might be the issue. My Iron levels are very low. I'm right at the bottom of the scale. I took Iron and Ferritin results are both are terribly low. I'm not a fan of red meats and even though my diet is good I seem to have an absorption issue or I just don't eat enough Iron rich foods. I do have a very good Iron supplement at home. Im gonna run that for a month and then do another bloodwork panel. I'm praying that this fixes my issues. Kinda makes sense. Extreme fatigue ' Depression' Anxiety etc. All classic symptoms.

I hope this works.

I've also got HCG on route which will help move things along too

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi Mate

Blood work results arrived today. I've been playing with compounds the last couple years and expected the worst. Couldn't have been much more wrong. My test/estrogen is in a perfect range. My liver enzymes are perfect. Protein levels perfect. Crp was 0. Zero inflammation or virus etc in my body.

Here is where I think might be the issue. My Iron levels are very low. I'm right at the bottom of the scale. I took Iron and Ferritin results are both are terribly low. I'm not a fan of red meats and even though my diet is good I seem to have an absorption issue or I just don't eat enough Iron rich foods. I do have a very good Iron supplement at home. Im gonna run that for a month and then do another bloodwork panel. I'm praying that this fixes my issues. Kinda makes sense. Extreme fatigue ' Depression' Anxiety etc. All classic symptoms.

I hope this works.

I've also got HCG on route which will help move things along too
@bell1986 I will be very interested in hearing your thoughts once you start the HCG.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@bell1986 I will be very interested in hearing your thoughts once you start the HCG.
Will keep you updated

I think my issues is my Iron levels. Man their very low! Being honest I would have never guessed Iron to be how I'm feeling. So glad I done bloodwork.

Anyway bud. Will happily post all HCG info. I have ran it before and it does work wonders. It was spiking my estrogen fairly quickly and that's the only reason why I stopped. I will throw in some Aromasin (Very low dose) while running the HCG this time and keep e2 in range

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Will keep you updated

I think my issues is my Iron levels. Man their very low! Being honest I would have never guessed Iron to be how I'm feeling. So glad I done bloodwork.

Anyway bud. Will happily post all HCG info. I have ran it before and it does work wonders. It was spiking my estrogen fairly quickly and that's the only reason why I stopped. I will throw in some Aromasin (Very low dose) while running the HCG this time and keep e2 in range
Dude, you completely disregarded all the information I provided you. Your testosterone and estrogen levels have nothing to do with the DHEA, pregnenolone and everything else we talked about earlier. I highly doubt iron is your problem.

The whole point I was trying to make and the reason I linked you to all those different videos was so that you can understand how your testosterone and estrogen levels have nothing to do with the situation most of the time. It's all the other sex hormones and brain hormones that change after about 2 years on trt or steroid cycles. This is fixed by hcg and then supplementing with more dhea and pregnenolone on top. Now I'm not saying that I'm gurenteed you that what I'm saying is the fix.

But my mind's kind of blown that you just completely threw all that information out the window and attached to your iron levels....

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Smont I have been trying to find time to watch these videos, I watch the first one and really liked the info !

Marc365

Awards
Morning folks

Thanks
Eat more food that has natural testosterone property tuna is king for it I'm taking Tren my **** still works

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Smont I have been trying to find time to watch these videos, I watch the first one and really liked the info !
Lots of good stuff in there, a d I'm not saying all the answers are there but there's a lot of valuable information that can help just about everyone on trt

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lots of good stuff in there, a d I'm not saying all the answers are there but there's a lot of valuable information that can help just about everyone on trt
Yes, thanks for sharing !

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude, you completely disregarded all the information I provided you. Your testosterone and estrogen levels have nothing to do with the DHEA, pregnenolone and everything else we talked about earlier. I highly doubt iron is your problem.

The whole point I was trying to make and the reason I linked you to all those different videos was so that you can understand how your testosterone and estrogen levels have nothing to do with the situation most of the time. It's all the other sex hormones and brain hormones that change after about 2 years on trt or steroid cycles. This is fixed by hcg and then supplementing with more dhea and pregnenolone on top. Now I'm not saying that I'm gurenteed you that what I'm saying is the fix.

But my mind's kind of blown that you just completely threw all that information out the window and attached to your iron levels....
Hey bud I must have worded things wrong but.. I never disregarded the DHEA/Pregnenolone information you supplied. If you look through my comments you will see that I bought HCG and it arrived yesterday. I took 500iu yesterday morning. I never just knocked out the idea of these hormones being the issue.

I did get my DHEA/Preg levels tested and they were both mid range? I've supplemented these two for about 2 months.

I'm still taking HCG + Dhea + Pregnenolone.

The reason I posted regarding my Iron levels was it was flagged with the company I used. My level is at the most rock bottom level (Even less than that. Dreadful result). This is why I'm feeling hellish. I'm also fixing my Iron levels while also supplementing HCG also. I'm tackling it from different angles.

I did take all your information and watched every video. I've obviously just worded it wrong

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey bud I must have worded things wrong but.. I never disregarded the DHEA/Pregnenolone information you supplied. If you look through my comments you will see that I bought HCG and it arrived yesterday. I took 500iu yesterday morning. I never just knocked out the idea of these hormones being the issue.

I did get my DHEA/Preg levels tested and they were both mid range? I've supplemented these two for about 2 months.

I'm still taking HCG + Dhea + Pregnenolone.

The reason I posted regarding my Iron levels was it was flagged with the company I used. My level is at the most rock bottom level (Even less than that. Dreadful result). This is why I'm feeling hellish. I'm also fixing my Iron levels while also supplementing HCG also. I'm tackling it from different angles.

I did take all your information and watched every video. I've obviously just worded it wrong
Did I miss something then? I didn't see any mention of the pregnenolone or dhea levels. All I gathered from your post was that you only checked test and estrogen and they were normal but iron low and you think irons the cause.

And I wasn't trying to say this like "you need to take my advice" what I'm trying to get at was just don't disregard everything and hyperfocus on 1 thing.

With that being said, if levels are mid range they may not be the cause, but I have a hard time blaming iron.

Reason being that I was borderline anemic in highschool and was on iron pills but there was never a Time it impaired sexual function or desire. I was humping everything that walks from age 15-19.

I'm also confused how your iron can be that low and your not regularly getting dizzy or having any issues like that

Also might be worth looking into brain chemicals and neurotransmitter effects on libido and sexual function

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just jumping in here because I've gone through this up and down over my last 12+ years on TRT and each time I chase and chase to understand but ultimately the answer is never absolute. In general however, I have found that it is typically related to neurotransmitters for me. I am sensitive to too much dopamine and or too much serotonin (which we know causes low libido). There is a fine line with dopamine where I can be like a mutt on the prowl or cranky and not giving a crap.

Libido is VERY complicated and literally anything can throw it off, especially when we are taking exogenous hormones.

BTW- I take preg and DHEA and keep my levels near the top of normal range.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I started Preg and DHT and it has not helped ??

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just jumping in here because I've gone through this up and down over my last 12+ years on TRT and each time I chase and chase to understand but ultimately the answer is never absolute. In general however, I have found that it is typically related to neurotransmitters for me. I am sensitive to too much dopamine and or too much serotonin (which we know causes low libido). There is a fine line with dopamine where I can be like a mutt on the prowl or cranky and not giving a crap.

Libido is VERY complicated and literally anything can throw it off, especially when we are taking exogenous hormones.

BTW- I take preg and DHEA and keep my levels near the top of normal range.
I've been trying really hard to put all the pieces together between the hormones and the brain chemicals and it really is the most complicated stuff. There's sooooooo many variables. Checks and balances, variation from person to person.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been trying really hard to put all the pieces together between the hormones and the brain chemicals and it really is the most complicated stuff. There's sooooooo many variables. Checks and balances, variation from person to person.
I have been watching these videos you posted and trying to get some answers but I'm still lost.

mlair

Awards
Morning folks

Thanks
Have you ever tried compounded transcrotal cream? Guys report better libido running this cream solo or in combination with injections. As solo application most are applying 200-300 mg daily in divided doses. Bit of a chore but many swear by it especially for the libido enhancement. Maleexcel.com will provide it via telemedicine. Only need to chat with a nurse.