Low carbs/ post workout

J

JerryCool17

Awards
I have a question, I am only eating around 50-60 carbs. I'm doing that because I lift harder sweat more and I'm hoping to get into contest shape. But I am asking my post workout meal/shake should I count those carb to my daily 50-60 or don't count it at all? And eat my 60 cabs like normal and have about 45-50 carbs post workout ? What do you all think?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you eat it or drink it, you should count it. Post workout calories are still calories, and carbs are carbs no matter what time of day it is. So you are eating about 110g of carbs per day, not 60g.

What are you other macros (protein and fat)? It seems like that is very low carb intake, and I would suggest you lower them a little more and do keto. How has your gym performance been with carbs that low?

F

FaurckkMyronn

Awards
I agree, a calorie is a calorie and it shouldn't matter if it is liquid or solid food items you should still keep track of it.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
ummm what?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you just want to get into contest shape i would just say try running a keto diet like mentioned above and see how that works out for you. And what food you are intaking even if its right after your workout will count toward your daily intake.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I have a question, I am only eating around 50-60 carbs. I'm doing that because I lift harder sweat more and I'm hoping to get into contest shape. But I am asking my post workout meal/shake should I count those carb to my daily 50-60 or don't count it at all? And eat my 60 cabs like normal and have about 45-50 carbs post workout ? What do you all think?
it definitely counts. When trying to lose weight I would recommend trying to consume carbs peri-workout (front load or back load depends on you and your schedule) for optimal performance in a deficit.

J

JerryCool17

Awards
My other macro are 285 protein about 125 fat with like I said about 50-60 carbs. And I train way harder and get a. Better pump on keto and idk why but I'm a lil sore longer tho that's all. I do 30 minutes of cardio a day so far. And what should I eat for a post workout?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
My other macro are 285 protein about 125 fat with like I said about 50-60 carbs. And I train way harder and get a. Better pump on keto and idk why but I'm a lil sore longer tho that's all. I do 30 minutes of cardio a day so far. And what should I eat for a post workout?
whatever you crave as long as it fits into your macro's. There's no best thing to eat after a workout besides whole balance meals (proteins+carbs+fats)

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Post workout I usually just eat a meal, try to get a good mixture of protein and carbs with some green veggies!!!!!!

Don't try and over think things. If you are doing low carbs have a meal of protein and fats post workout. I would save your carbs for a pre workout meal but it all depends on what your body wants you to do