Losing weight with oxandrolone

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, ... yeah, transiently implies for a certain period of time; when you are using the drug. Don't think the term specifies the strength of the implied action. But anyway, it doesn't matter : )

Last edited:

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, ... yeah, transiently implies for a certain period of time; when you are using the drug. Don't think the term implies the strength of the implied action. Bot nonetheless, it doesn't matter : )
Right, totally agree

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far im at week 6 and im +3 lbs. eating roughly 1800 cals a day; maintenance calories is about 2800.

Strength is up.
Leg press max is now 1100lbs,
1 hand Incline press maxed at 157lbs
Dumbell row maxed at 144lbs
1 hand dip machine maxed at 222lbs

And the cool thing is i could have gone heavier for everything except the 1h incline press. But i have some injuries so i didnt want to push it, plus i was being a little lazy.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far im at week 6 and im +3 lbs. eating roughly 1800 cals a day; maintenance calories is about 2800.

Strength is up.

And the cool thing is i could have gone heavier for everything except the 1h incline press. But i have some injuries so i didnt want to push it, plus i was being a little lazy.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ostarine elevated my ALT 7x above range. Var elevated it 1.5x if I remember correctly ...
Rad and LGD have did the same to me, this is good to hear. If I can keep my ALT and AST below 100 each I’ll be happy haha

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Strength is up.

Your maintenance is definitely nowhere near 2800 or your eating more then 1800. If you were on every steroid on earth and eating 500-1000 calories under maintenance you would still loose weight.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My water weight fluctuates up to 3 pounds.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3 pounds is not a huge fluctuation I agree. If those are 3 pounds up compared to pre-cycle weight, then I consider it normal inspite the caloric negative. I would gain 4 pounds off water on var and a bit more on a caloric surplus. I gained like almost 10 pounds on SD ...

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your maintenance is definitely nowhere near 2800 or your eating more then 1800. If you were on every steroid on earth and eating 500-1000 calories under maintenance you would still loose weight.
I dont know how my maintenance would be lower than 2800. Im 6’3 205lbs and guestimating 14%ish body fat. I’m certainly not eating much more than 1800, some days yeah, but not by much.

I wonder sometimes if my metabolism slows down significantly on a cut because i eat 3500 to put on weight, so in the pat i dropped to 2500 and id lose a lb or two but then nothing for weeks and so i drop to 2300 and no weight change, so now i cut at 1800. But on oxanddolone i dont even drop wright at 1800, i just get leaner. But if i wasnt taking oxandrolone id be losing weight. — i wonder if ill drop water wright post cycle

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont know how my maintenance would be lower than 2800. Im 6’3 205lbs and guestimating 14%ish body fat. I’m certainly not eating much more than 1800, some days yeah, but not by much.

I wonder sometimes if my metabolism slows down significantly on a cut because i eat 3500 to put on weight, so in the pat i dropped to 2500 and id lose a lb or two but then nothing for weeks and so i drop to 2300 and no weight change, so now i cut at 1800. But on oxanddolone i dont even drop wright at 1800, i just get leaner. But if i wasnt taking oxandrolone id be losing weight. — i wonder if ill drop water wright post cycle

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3 pounds is not a huge fluctuation I agree. If those are 3 pounds up compared to pre-cycle weight, then I consider it normal inspite the caloric negative. I would gain 4 pounds off water on var and a bit more on a caloric surplus. I gained like almost 10 pounds on SD ...
I actually weight 205 pre cycle but i dropped 3ish lbs during the first couple weeks, and now im slowly gaining it back. So yeah im saying +3 but im actually +0.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually weight 205 pre cycle but i dropped 3ish lbs during the first couple weeks, and now im slowly gaining it back. So yeah im saying +3 but im actually +0.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm just saying the numbers are off somewhere. 7 weeks in a 1000 calories deficit you will loose a lot of weight regardless of what your taking. Even 500mg tren.

If you didn't your breaking the law of thermodynamics and I'm pretty sure if someone does that they get a Nobel prize

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you sure yours isn’t 500mg of tren?
I’m positive I don’t have tren. I’ve used tren a couple of times and it makes me feel like death. With Var, for one I know my source is legit. Second my prostate is hating me right now.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm just saying the numbers are off somewhere. 7 weeks in a 1000 calories deficit you will loose a lot of weight regardless of what your taking. Even 500mg tren.

If you didn't your breaking the law of thermodynamics and I'm pretty sure if someone does that they get a Nobel prize
Yeah man, maybe you are right. I think it might have to do with my metabolism. I think my maintenance calorie number drops significantly... i dont think im eating more than 1800 because i count everything. Some days i do eat more but not normally.

But then im also thinking— several people have said they dont lose weight on oxandrolone, but they will drop body fat.

But regardless, im impressed with this cycle. Im getting leaner daily now.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m positive I don’t have tren. I’ve used tren a couple of times and it makes me feel like death. With Var, for one I know my source is legit. Second my prostate is hating me right now.
It was a little joke because I misread your post I somehow saw I gained 3-4 lbs while losing 3% bf so I was like comon now haha. That’s why I took off my comment as soon as I reread yours

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was a little joke because I misread your post I somehow saw I gained 3-4 lbs while losing 3% bf so I was like comon now haha. That’s why I took off my comment as soon as I reread yours

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Heres an idea. I read that oxandrolone makes the body retain an reuse protein better. So i wonder if the re-use of proteins within cells can account for the lack of weight loss. — just a supposition. What do you guys think? Does that make sense?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Heres an idea. I read that oxandrolone makes the body retain an reuse protein better. So i wonder if the re-use of proteins within cells can account for the lack of weight loss. — just a supposition. What do you guys think? Does that make sense?
It's nitrogen retention, all steroids do this. But muscle and fat take calories to make. You can't change the laws of thermodynamics. It's all really irrelevant, if your looking better and getting stronger, That's all that really matters

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's nitrogen retention, all steroids do this. But muscle and fat take calories to make. You can't change the laws of thermodynamics. It's all really irrelevant, if your looking better and getting stronger, That's all that really matters
Right i agree you cant change thermodynamics. Im saying this-

50 years ago cars used gasoline much less efficiently. You might get have got (for example) 15mpg, but today engines have drastically improved. Nowadays a similarly sized engine can get drastically better gas milage. Why? Not because new cars are breaking the laws of thermodynamics, but because cars are burning gasoline more efficiently. And my proposition is suggesting that oxandrolone causes the body to use its resources more efficiently.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Right i agree you cant change thermodynamics. Im saying this-

50 years ago cars used gasoline much less efficiently. You might get have got (for example) 15mpg, but today engines have drastically improved. Nowadays a similarly sized engine can get drastically better gas milage. Why? Not because new cars are breaking the laws of thermodynamics, but because cars are burning gasoline more efficiently. And my proposition is suggesting that oxandrolone causes the body to use its resources more efficiently.
All steroids make you use your calories more efficiently, but a pound of muscle will still be made up of 700 calories and a pound of fat will still be 3500. That won't change. Calories are what makes you gain or loose weight and water of course can play a role. But aside from water, it will always take the same amount of calories to make the tissue.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Those numbers are irrelevant but all I'm saying is it takes the raw materials to make weight. That's why even on massive amounts of gear, bodybuilders still have to eat in a surplus to put on size. Otherwise you could just take more gear and grow forever on 2000 or whatever number of calories per day

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those numbers are irrelevant but all I'm saying is it takes the raw materials to make weight. That's why even on massive amounts of gear, bodybuilders still have to eat in a surplus to put on size. Otherwise you could just take more gear and grow forever on 2000 or whatever number of calories per day
Thats a good point. And i dont disagree with you. My next question is — what reason would you say others have had the same experience as me? Theses a couple people who have commented saying they dont lose weight when cutting on oxandrolone but they lean up.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thats a good point. And i dont disagree with you. My next question is — what reason would you say others have had the same experience as me? Theses a couple people who have commented saying they dont lose weight when cutting on oxandrolone but they lean up.
There eating too many calories, people have used anavar for dieting and cutting for years.

I just can't see how you could be maintaining or gaining if your only eating 1800. I'm eating 2800 and dropping weight rapidly. From 220 to 207 in like 2 weeks. I had to eat 4000 cal a day to go from 208-220 and that was on test eq and superdrol. All of those put weight on better then anavar does. Now I probably didn't need that much food but I was intentionally trying to gain weight as fast as possible. Didn't care if it was fat or muscle. Was going for a bench pr and only had 30 days to reach my goal so I threw everything I could at it.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There eating too many calories, people have used anavar for dieting and cutting for years.

I just can't see how you could be maintaining or gaining if your only eating 1800. I'm eating 2800 and dropping weight rapidly. From 220 to 207 in like 2 weeks. I had to eat 4000 cal a day to go from 208-220 and that was on test eq and superdrol. All of those put weight on better then anavar does. Now I probably didn't need that much food but I was intentionally trying to gain weight as fast as possible. Didn't care if it was fat or muscle. Was going for a bench pr and only had 30 days to reach my goal so I threw everything I could at it.
I’m not sure i totally agree with “they’re eating too many calories”. Heres a link, the page has a bunch of studies on it.

If you run a search for “body weight” theres a few instances where the studies pretty explicitly say oxandrolone preserves body weight. Not jus LBM but body weight.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The body is constantly wasting muscle mass, even when you are in a kcal surplus. But it's also constantly building new muscle, even in a kcal negative. The nett sum of this two equations make up either a nett gain or a nett loss of muscle.

Now you can imagine that the equation shifts strongly towards the negative in a cutting phase. But what changes with aas is that the drugs prevent the wasting of protein tissue and they enhance anabolism when it happens. So the nett muscle gain shifts more strongly in the positive. You know, at certain times of day, after you eat, you are in a caloric surplus, and at that time you will build muscle (with aas more then without). But at other times of day, when you don't eat, you should see some loss of muscle. Now, with aas this second part doesn't really happen.

And to add to the equation even more; aas are strong nutrient partitioners. This means that they create a strong preferential environment where macro nutrients get shuttled into muscle instead of either getting stored as fat or being burned of. So you basically get more "bang for you buck" with the food you eat.

And to add to that some more, aas especially anavar, help in mobilising stored fat for use as energy. This means you get extra fat burning and then again, because aas are nutrient partitioners, that mobilised fat has a greater chance of being used for muscle.

So this is basically it. You aren't cheating your way out of thermodynamics, you are just (as you implied) making everything more efficient.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh yeah, and you are adding lots of watter to your body because of nitrogen retention. That is obvious, but there is also one other mechanism that the body does when loosing fat. The fat that was lost, gets often times replaced by watter. This is the body's way of keeping homeostasis. With drugs, this get exaggerated apparently to some degree. You know when you loose weight naturally, sometimes the scale doesn't move for two weeks, but then all off a sudden you losse 2 pounds ... this is it.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The body is constantly wasting muscle mass, even when you are in a kcal surplus. But it's also constantly building new muscle, even in a kcal negative. The nett sum of this two equations make up either a nett gain or a nett loss of muscle.

Now you can imagine that the equation shifts strongly towards the negative in a cutting phase. But what changes with aas is that the drugs prevent the wasting of protein tissue and they enhance anabolism when it happens. So the nett muscle gain shifts more strongly in the positive. You know, at certain times of day, after you eat, you are in a caloric surplus, and at that time you will build muscle (with aas more then without). But at other times of day, when you don't eat, you should see some loss of muscle. Now, with aas this second part doesn't really happen.

And to add to the equation even more; aas are strong nutrient partitioners. This means that they create a strong preferential environment where macro nutrients get shuttled into muscle instead of either getting stored as fat or being burned of. So you basically get more "bang for you buck" with the food you eat.

And to add to that some more, aas especially anavar, help in mobilising stored fat for use as energy. This means you get extra fat burning and then again, because aas are nutrient partitioners, that mobilised fat has a greater chance of being used for muscle.

So this is basically it. You aren't cheating your way out of thermodynamics, you are just (as you implied) making everything more efficient.
That sounds good on paper but it's not that cut and dry. You CAN NOT gain weight in a 1000 calorie deficit. Its 100,000% impossible under any circumstances. And even more impossible to do it for 7 weeks in a defict of 1000 calories. Point blank period. I regret chiming in on the subject because I'm just giving myself a headache. I'm going to see my way out here. I'm not trying to be a dick or offend anyone, I just don't wanna be part of the conversation.

I will look into the link op provided because I actually do like to be proved wrong because it means I learned something new. But I have a feeling it's going to talking about gaining or maintaining muscle like all steroids do. In a setting for the untrained, sick or injured individual.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That sounds good on paper but it's not that cut and dry. You CAN NOT gain weight in a 1000 calorie deficit. Its 100,000% impossible under any circumstances. And even more impossible to do it for 7 weeks in a defict of 1000 calories. Point blank period. I regret chiming in on the subject because I'm just giving myself a headache. I'm going to see my way out here. I'm not trying to be a dick or offend anyone, I just don't wanna be part of the conversation.

I will look into the link op provided because I actually do like to be proved wrong because it means I learned something new. But I have a feeling it's going to talking about gaining or maintaining muscle like all steroids do. In a setting for the untrained, sick or injured individual.
Hm, i didn't say you could gain weight though ... I implied that you Can gain muscle in a kcal deficit. But the end result, after you stop taking the drugs, when the water comes off, you will be at a lower total body weight, period. While the weight on cycle goes up 90% bc of nitrogen retention, the new muscle that gets built also helps a bit, but not at all enough to equate to a nett positive ballance on the scale. Just a small part.

Ok, I'm also singing out for now. Just took some acid, so going for a nice walk in the park now.

Last edited:

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That sounds good on paper but it's not that cut and dry. You CAN NOT gain weight in a 1000 calorie deficit. Its 100,000% impossible under any circumstances.
Im not saying oxandrolone will cause weight gain in 1000 cal deficit, im saying it will prevent over all weight loss.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gatta question for you more experienced folk. Im doing some research and reading about adding alcar and creatine to oxandrolone cycles.

If you were to run an oxandrolone cutting cycle what would you add besides more gear? alcar? creatine? mk677? or something else?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im always on creatine, so I dont see that as an add on. MK677 can be tricky with cutting due to increased hinger and bloat. I dont know what alcar would really add.

Honestly, with var in the mix, i dont see much need to mess with it too much. You can either be a bit more aggressive with dropping cals(dont go nuts, though), or turn your cut more into a recomp.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

It’s interesting how this works, I have hard time to believe 1800 is enough but I’m eating 2800 calories now and I’m pretty steady at 230lb (~14%bf). Before I started to count calories I was under eating by a lot, I still was 230 but looked flat, since I started to count I’m at the same weight but looking tighter and fuller. I wish I started to count earlier.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s interesting how this works, I have hard time to believe 1800 is enough but I’m eating 2800 calories now and I’m pretty steady at 230lb (~14%bf). Before I started to count calories I was under eating by a lot, I still was 230 but looked flat, since I started to count I’m at the same weight but looking tighter and fuller. I wish I started to count earlier.
With respect - Im not sure what your point is? Are you saying 1800 is too little calories to cut with?

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With respect - Im not sure what your point is? Are you saying 1800 is too little calories to cut with?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My comment was towards Smont, not you, we eating the same amount of calories and while he is losing weight I’m steady at a higher weight. That indicates that everyone is different and even if 1800 cals sounds low, it might be perfect for someone else.

Reactions: Nac

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My comment was towards Smont, not you, we eating the same amount of calories and while he is losing weight I’m steady at a higher weight. That indicates that everyone is different and even if 1800 cals sounds low, it might be perfect for someone else.
Oh gotcha, that should have been obvious. Guess i better read more thoroughly next time.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the party. I was quoting another thread and poster.
Hence, the "QUOTES" Maybe ask @Spurfy

I also linked to the thread itself because not only is it entertaining
it also has some good information.
Var is not liver toxic at all. A slight transient elevation of liver enzymes is not evidence of liver toxicity and no studies have ever found oxandrolone to cause any liver damage. Zero.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Var is not liver toxic at all. A slight transient elevation of liver enzymes is not evidence of liver toxicity and no studies have ever found oxandrolone to cause any liver damage. Zero.
Welcome aboard the good ship Anavar!

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol spurfy

However, don't you see that the term "toxic", is semantically used just to denote the fact that it's taxing to the liver, not the fact that it will damage the liver.