Looking to add some Mass

Blifts333

Awards
Hello, first post here so apologies if it's in the wrong section. I'm 30 years old about 191lbs. 5"11 I would say about 15% bf. Just getting back into lifting that last couple months and progress has been pretty good. Supplemets I take are whey dymatize isolate, KM casein, km creaclear, rc1 cluster bomb, axe and sledge EAAS, ghost pump, or axe and sledge hydraulic, and BSL Halo elite just finished alex male. Eating about 5 meals aday with a shake or two at around 3500 too 3800 calories a day. Clean meals chicken,rice,ground turkey or sirloin, zuchinni, potatoes, fresh green beans, honeydew. Plums, and mostly drink water or eaas. Goal is to get up to 225 lean final result. Last time I was this weight I had to get up to around 240 and cut down but would like to do this as natural ad possible this time.

Anyways, looking for a supplement to help me in gaining mass. Been reading the forums for awhile and see a lot of good logs on vector and evomuse bmp. Does either of these have an edge over the other, are they totally different products, or is there another product or products I should be looking at? Thank you.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
15% bf and you are looking to gain 34lbs and be lean-and do this naturally?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t really think there’s any natty Supps up for what you’re trying to do. And putting on that kinda weight, get a Costco membership and stop up on steak, potatoes, eggs and milk. Not trying to be a smartass but you’re gonna have to eat and lift your way to this goal. Supps will have very little to do with it.

Blifts333

Awards
I don’t really think there’s any natty Supps up for what you’re trying to do. And putting on that kinda weight, get a Costco membership and stop up on steak, potatoes, eggs and milk. Not trying to be a smartass but you’re gonna have to eat and lift your way to this goal. Supps will have very little to do with it.
Thanks for yhe input. I understand where you are coming from. I have a Sams membership as Costco is too far from where I live and Sams is right down the street so I stock up there. I am not trying to achieve this in the next 6 months or year its a long term goal for the next 4-5 years I should have mentioned that above. Im not opposed to ped's but since I just got back into the lifestyle dont have any access. Just looking for something to give me an extra boost besides whole foods, training and rest.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Mass Max XT, Fearns Soy Lecithin granules for phosphatidic acid, lots of training volume. This should increase your appetite. Bump up your calories and you'll grow.

Blifts333

Awards
Mass Max XT, Fearns Soy Lecithin granules for phosphatidic acid, lots of training volume. This should increase your appetite. Bump up your calories and you'll grow.
Thanks, I'll search around for some info on these.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whole wheat/grain bread
Peanut butter
Jelly

Get after it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just a heads up even with hormonals that much of a jump in weight, unless over a really long time, is going to be a ton of fat. It won't be worth it to keep chugging away at that pace to just have to strip so much of it off.

As far as things that can help (in a more realistic journey) it depends on what you wish to benefit from them.

There aren't really going to be many things that spur actual accrual of new tissue (outside of hormones) at a real noticeable rate.

What many of these natural anabolics can help with though, is to either make it easier to consume adequate calories (either through some method of increasing hunger, digestion, etc.), allow you to train with optimal intensity and volume needed to continue to elicit the proper growth response (by helping improve recovery and performance), and to help optimze the ratio of lean gains (they may help mitigate potential fat gain so that the weight you put on is lean mass over fat mass).

Outside of the more proven and basic products that you should take (which you seem to have covered, but some seem a bit of overpriced options) there are a few I like. CEL Anabolic Edge is my favorite, it has served me really well with fostering greater recovery and strength and I just tend to look a bit better during use. I haven't used it recently, but ArA (SNS X-gels) is another solid option as well. There are other options too, again just depends on what you wish the product to help with.

I don't like to be all preachy (so sorry for how much this may have come off this way so far), but I'll touch on diet a tad too. To really push levels of gaining and continue to gain don't get stuck on being overly "clean" anyways. We just want continued caloric surplus over time for gaining and as calorie counts get high it may be needed to eat a little more "loose". Some fattier cuts of meat (or cooking in more oils) and less satiating carb choices can be a blessing when you get tired of pushing the food down (@Hyde is a monster and if you need motivation on how to go about eating to continue gain I doubt you'll find better advice or ideas than in his log).

Good luck man, hope you hit those gains you want!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
my favorite mass builder from back in the day...

whole wheat french toast with PB and Bananas - with a side of scrambled eggs. I would eat this in the morning and again in the late afternoon, before my evening weight lifting session.

Blifts333

Awards
Just a heads up even with hormonals that much of a jump in weight, unless over a really long time, is going to be a ton of fat. It won't be worth it to keep chugging away at that pace to just have to strip so much of it off.

As far as things that can help (in a more realistic journey) it depends on what you wish to benefit from them.

There aren't really going to be many things that spur actual accrual of new tissue (outside of hormones) at a real noticeable rate.

What many of these natural anabolics can help with though, is to either make it easier to consume adequate calories (either through some method of increasing hunger, digestion, etc.), allow you to train with optimal intensity and volume needed to continue to elicit the proper growth response (by helping improve recovery and performance), and to help optimze the ratio of lean gains (they may help mitigate potential fat gain so that the weight you put on is lean mass over fat mass).

Outside of the more proven and basic products that you should take (which you seem to have covered, but some seem a bit of overpriced options) there are a few I like. CEL Anabolic Edge is my favorite, it has served me really well with fostering greater recovery and strength and I just tend to look a bit better during use. I haven't used it recently, but ArA (SNS X-gels) is another solid option as well. There are other options too, again just depends on what you wish the product to help with.

I don't like to be all preachy (so sorry for how much this may have come off this way so far), but I'll touch on diet a tad too. To really push levels of gaining and continue to gain don't get stuck on being overly "clean" anyways. We just want continued caloric surplus over time for gaining and as calorie counts get high it may be needed to eat a little more "loose". Some fattier cuts of meat (or cooking in more oils) and less satiating carb choices can be a blessing when you get tired of pushing the food down (@Hyde is a monster and if you need motivation on how to go about eating to continue gain I doubt you'll find better advice or ideas than in his log).

Good luck man, hope you hit those gains you want!
Thanks for taking the time to write that info and for the recommendations. This goal is where I am trying to be by the time im 35 im currently thirty so I'll do my best to get there in 5 years. I've read alot of good things about x-gels but my concern with that is if I remember correctly some people experience old injuries flaring up. (I could have it confused with another product though) I was researching last night amd found AE used after another CEL product Stano Plex, any experience on that?

Blifts333

Awards
I've been using that oroweat outnut whole grain bread for my pb and js, its pretty good. 21 grams of carbs, 2.5 fat, 4 g protein, 3 g sugar amd 120 calories per slice.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
15% bf and you are looking to gain 34lbs and be lean-and do this naturally?
My very first thought. This cannot be done, 34 more lbs of lean body mass ending at the same bodyfat he currently has. Even bulking over any period of time and cutting down, his endocrine system isn’t going to support 35 more lbs of muscle ever naturally if he already has some training history (especially by the time he could acquire it). There are outliers of course, but they aren’t asking for advice here because everything is already just happening for them.

No, im ok with putting on some fat in the process
All natural muscle-building will demand some fat gain (you have to be in a surplus, which means going over the line by at least some degree most of the time). Even most steroid-fueled muscle-building often means some fat gain for advanced lifters.

Natural supps might get you a couple lbs of muscle. And they would be well worth it if you are staying natural. If you can buy even 2lbs of muscle per year with natural supps you are getting a terrific bargain IMHO. But if using gear, a single bottle of testosterone will blow the doors off a year’s worth of natural supps for pennies on the dollar.

Thanks for yhe input. I understand where you are coming from. I have a Sams membership as Costco is too far from where I live and Sams is right down the street so I stock up there. I am not trying to achieve this in the next 6 months or year its a long term goal for the next 4-5 years I should have mentioned that above. Im not opposed to ped's but since I just got back into the lifestyle dont have any access. Just looking for something to give me an extra boost besides whole foods, training and rest.
Soy lecithin granules and some natural appetite enhancers were mentioned - this is basically it, after things you have already done like optimized diet, periWO nutrition and creatine. Unless you have significant sleep apnea, in which case a CPAP can be the difference in 10lbs more muscle and 10 less fat annually due to massively improved natural GH release by going to properly effective sleep cycles - but I am sure this isn’t the case at your current size.

You wanna be 225 with abs at 5’11”, you’re probably going to have to permanently mess up your endocrine system.

Let me encourage you to stop weighing so often (maybe once a week to make sure you aren’t eating too little or much); forget about what the scale says because that doesn’t mean you will have the body you really desire. Focus on hitting 200 with very minimal fat gain and evaluate from there, progressing slowly and mindfully. You may come to decide you are happy with your look at X weight and you don’t need to join the dark side just to hit an arbitrary weight.

Oh yeah, take 10mg boron per day. It will raise your free test over time and it’s dirt cheap. NOW and Swanson are what I use. You won’t feel it; it’s just a little thing that adds up over lots of time.

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If you’re 15% body fat I wouldn’t be bulking. If I were you, I would cut down to 8% and then bulk from there. I personally found that 10-12% is where I made the best lean gains. From 12-15%, I usually put on more fat than muscle, so I would stop bulking somewhere in there and eat ya maintenance. Once you get to the end of the bulk, you could try eating at maintenance with something like vector and bmp or anabolic effect and bmp to recomp, but I would use these throughout the bulk too for best effects

A supplement I used but isn’t as popular was performax massmax, so you could look into that too. I think I gained 8-10 pounds on that over two bottles. A couple years ago I was a lean 240 then got the flu and dropped to 227 and lost a lot of hard earned muscle. Worked out for a couple months and got back to 230 but felt I lost my edge, then tried massmax 8 weeks and got back up to 240 so was really pleased with that supplement. Massmax helps you eat which was most of it but there was also something about it performance and gains wise that I never got after 5 years of natty lifting

Blifts333

Awards
@Hyde @mavup thanks for the in depth responses. Im at lunch right now amd time is limited. I'll respond later but wanted to acknowledge your feedback. On the 15 bf thats a total guess if it helps any i wear a size 30 waist and never been called a fluffy dude. Ideally I would like to get into a natural contest sometime in the future.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde @mavup thanks for the in depth responses. Im at lunch right now amd time is limited. I'll respond later but wanted to acknowledge your feedback. On the 15 bf thats a total guess if it helps any i wear a size 30 waist and never been called a fluffy dude. Ideally I would like to get into a natural contest sometime in the future.
I would get a diet coach, a natty bodybuilder if possible, if that’s your goal. Someone with experience doing what you want to do who has successfully helped others.

I would even consider cutting some of the supplements you take if spare cash to pay for one is a limiting factor. And use cheaper versions like NOW Creatine Mono vs the overpriced hype stuff where you can.

Blifts333

Awards
My very first thought. This cannot be done, 34 more lbs of lean body mass ending at the same bodyfat he currently has. Even bulking over any period of time and cutting down, his endocrine system isn’t going to support 35 more lbs of muscle ever naturally if he already has some training history (especially by the time he could acquire it). There are outliers of course, but they aren’t asking for advice here because everything is already just happening for them.

All natural muscle-building will demand some fat gain (you have to be in a surplus, which means going over the line by at least some degree most of the time). Even most steroid-fueled muscle-building often means some fat gain for advanced lifters.

Natural supps might get you a couple lbs of muscle. And they would be well worth it if you are staying natural. If you can buy even 2lbs of muscle per year with natural supps you are getting a terrific bargain IMHO. But if using gear, a single bottle of testosterone will blow the doors off a year’s worth of natural supps for pennies on the dollar.

Soy lecithin granules and some natural appetite enhancers were mentioned - this is basically it, after things you have already done like optimized diet, periWO nutrition and creatine. Unless you have significant sleep apnea, in which case a CPAP can be the difference in 10lbs more muscle and 10 less fat annually due to massively improved natural GH release by going to properly effective sleep cycles - but I am sure this isn’t the case at your current size.

You wanna be 225 with abs at 5’11”, you’re probably going to have to permanently mess up your endocrine system.

Let me encourage you to stop weighing so often (maybe once a week to make sure you aren’t eating too little or much); forget about what the scale says because that doesn’t mean you will have the body you really desire. Focus on hitting 200 with very minimal fat gain and evaluate from there, progressing slowly and mindfully. You may come to decide you are happy with your look at X weight and you don’t need to join the dark side just to hit an arbitrary weight.

Oh yeah, take 10mg boron per day. It will raise your free test over time and it’s dirt cheap. NOW and Swanson are what I use. You won’t feel it; it’s just a little thing that adds up over lots of time.
Thanks for all the info and recommendations Hyde. I'll look into the boron you mentioned. I'll try to get a current pic up so people will know where I'm starting. I dont think for my age 225 at 5'11 seems too crazy but I guess I'll find out. I'll also see about finding a coach it seems like my days are filled to the max already but maybe on an off day from work.
@mavup thanks for the recommendation somebody else on here recommended massmax and your weight gain seems to be the nudge I'm looking for.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like folidrone from blr.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like folidrone from blr.

Blifts333

Awards
Thanks man, I have looked into this and noticed it being stacked with other things. How would this be as a stand alone? I've never used any of these and would like something I could use by itself so I know what effects it will have.