Looking for the perfect weight loss diet plan but cheap

dark child

Awards
I can't figure out how to adjust my diet. I been on a strict diet of like 1800 hundred cal or lower. my protein is high. like 260grams of protein but i been doing cardio and starting lossing weight but my strength went up so i know i put on muscle. but someone told me to adjust my bmi to my diet plan if i was to lose or gain weight during the process. Just looking for feed back thanks so we can get the info started

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
Look up the leangains diet thread. Amazing results for both mass and weight loss

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
at 6' and 235lbs 1800 cals is not enough cals to properly and effeciently lose weight, you really need to calculate your basal metabolic rate (bmr) and then your total daily energy expenditure (tdee)

dark child

Awards
at 6' and 235lbs 1800 cals is not enough cals to properly and effeciently lose weight, you really need to calculate your basal metabolic rate (bmr) and then your total daily energy expenditure (tdee)
You got the formula for you know the math. Cause the only thing i struggle with is the cutting diet...
Thanks it will be well appreciated....

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
go to fitnessfrog.com they a few calculators i use, remember these are estimates but puts you in the ball park, if i had to guess you'd be in a 3000 calorie range...

saxivangel

Awards
I am on p90x2 and it says 3000 for me and I am 6'2 285. My trainer makes m3 focus on 250g of protien and 50-85 c and 50g of fat a day pending the type of workout.

blackhawks87

Awards
i know that for me im looking at hitting around 1900-2000 calories a day for my cut and im 5ft 7 186 lbs

judging by your stats id say your probably looking at a 2500 range.. best bet would be do some calcs then pick an average and test and see.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
your trainer has your macros too low...trust me when i say that not all trainers are created equal, lets say you start at 2700 cals for a trial period, keep protein at 250g, 120g fat, 155g carbs...this is an example and could be a starting point

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
What does your diet look like, can you give an example of what you are eating and when?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Lots o great info.
Wish I could try lean gains.
I can not go with out eating for that long.
Not like I eat 6 meals a day either...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i tried leangains but frequent headaches and lower back pain became overwhelming with the lack of food for that long...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
i tried leangains but frequent headaches and lower back pain became overwhelming with the lack of food for that long...
Yeah the headaches kill me.
From what people say u adjust.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
I get the headaches in the morning for about an hour then they go away.
Haven't been as bad the last couple days

dark child

Awards
What does your diet look like, can you give an example of what you are eating and when?
Morning-Protein shake doubel scoop of synth6 tbs of peanut better and 1/2 cup of oat meal
mid snack- 32 almonds and a 1/2 cup of cranberries
lunch- chicken breast or meal replacement bar, cup of broccoli and 1/2 cup of rice
mid snack- protein shake double scoop syntha 6
pre workout- 1 scoop shake
post workout-1 scoop shake
dinner meal- salad with talipia fish
and most of the meals or three hours apart
Any tips on cutting the proper way let me know thanks..

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Morning-Protein shake doubel scoop of synth6 tbs of peanut better and 1/2 cup of oat meal
mid snack- 32 almonds and a 1/2 cup of cranberries
lunch- chicken breast or meal replacement bar, cup of broccoli and 1/2 cup of rice
mid snack- protein shake double scoop syntha 6
pre workout- 1 scoop shake
post workout-1 scoop shake
dinner meal- salad with talipia fish
and most of the meals or three hours apart
Any tips on cutting the proper way let me know thanks..
to me its alot of protein powder being used, if you could use more whole foods and less powders you will yeild better results, "cutting the proper way" is best done by eating less than maintenance, usually lower carbs higher fat higher pro..make sure to use your multi incase any nutrient defficiency occurs by less cals consumed..

dark child

Awards
to me its alot of protein powder being used, if you could use more whole foods and less powders you will yeild better results, "cutting the proper way" is best done by eating less than maintenance, usually lower carbs higher fat higher pro..make sure to use your multi incase any nutrient defficiency occurs by less cals consumed..
Cool-spoken like a champ. Ok Im going to repost my diet the same things you see but this time with the calories,fat,carbs,protein and maybe you can see what i need to add or remove.

Morning calories fat carbs pro
shake 400,12,26,46
peanut butter 190,16,7,8
oats 190,6,29,4

Mid snack--cal,fat,carbs,pro
almonds 150,13,7,4
cranberries 130,0,33,0

Lunch--cal,fat,carb,pro
Chicken 110,3,0,23
rice 150,1,33,4
broccoli------

mid E--cal,fat,carbs,pro
shake 400,12,26,46

Pre workout cal,fat,carbs,pro
shake 200,6,13,23

Post workout cal,fat,carbs,pro
shake 200,6,13,23

dinner cal,fat,carbs,pro
salad with chicken 110,3,0,23

By doing the math the correct way im reall pushing Total Calories-2230 Fat-78 carb-187 pro-204

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
if your using the 3000 figure for maintenance then i woulnt go any lower then 500 cals deficient, meaning 2500, here's an example if i were you but i would start at 2800 considering the calculators are not %100 accurate, 220 pro 200 carbs 125 f, no matter what you decide to do it will be trial and error.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
this is a daily diet eaxample of what i do for a slow bulk: morn-homemade gainer shake almond butter, 40g whey, 40g oats, banana...2pm 8oz talapia, pasta, broc, olive oil...6pm 8 oz chick, pasta, broc, olive oil...10pm 1.5oz cottage cheese, bagel with almond butter. for snacks i use almonds, plain greek yogurt, cheese sticks.....this would be the same foods but carbs and fats would be adjusted accordingly

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if your using the 3000 figure for maintenance then i woulnt go any lower then 500 cals deficient, meaning 2500, here's an example if i were you but i would start at 2800 considering the calculators are not %100 accurate, 220 pro 200 carbs 125 f, no matter what you decide to do it will be trial and error.
Or stay at 3000 and don't eat back what you burn working out. Personally, I prefer this so the macro goals can all be satisfied.

Agree, frequent error in the trial when dieting.

blackhawks87

Awards
Cool-spoken like a champ. Ok Im going to repost my diet the same things you see but this time with the calories,fat,carbs,protein and maybe you can see what i need to add or remove.

Morning calories fat carbs pro
shake 400,12,26,46
peanut butter 190,16,7,8
oats 190,6,29,4

Mid snack--cal,fat,carbs,pro
almonds 150,13,7,4
cranberries 130,0,33,0

Lunch--cal,fat,carb,pro
Chicken 110,3,0,23
rice 150,1,33,4
broccoli------

mid E--cal,fat,carbs,pro
shake 400,12,26,46

Pre workout cal,fat,carbs,pro
shake 200,6,13,23

Post workout cal,fat,carbs,pro
shake 200,6,13,23

dinner cal,fat,carbs,pro
salad with chicken 110,3,0,23

By doing the math the correct way im reall pushing Total Calories-2230 Fat-78 carb-187 pro-204

i count 1875 calories from this....

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't make any quick changes.

If you've been eating 1800 cal/day, don't jump to 3000. You're going to want to slowly increase cals. I'd do it at about 300cal/day added each week and just monitor the scale and the mirror.

My .02

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards

If you've been eating 1800 cal/day, don't jump to 3000. You're going to want to slowly increase cals. I'd do it at about 300cal/day added each week and just monitor the scale and the mirror.

My .02
true...it looks as he increased to 2200 with in the week....

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
78 f 187c 204 p = 1875 cals i meant
9 calories per gram of fat, 4 calories per gram carb, 4 calorie per gram pro...it actually equals 2266

blackhawks87

Awards
your right my friend i dunno how i was calculating that lol but you are correct.. apologies

dark child

Awards
Thanks dudes that info is well appreciate it!! Just keep me posted on new info that will help while cutting.

dark child

Awards

My .02
Just a question why couldn't i just up the calories what would happen by doing so?

dark child

Awards
9 calories per gram of fat, 4 calories per gram carb, 4 calorie per gram pro...it actually equals 2266
Do you think its to much carbs or fat i keep finding my self gaining weight sometimes? Its bouncing back and up mainly just up but i need to get down to a certain weight.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Just a question why couldn't i just up the calories what would happen by doing so?
could possibly shock your body into storing the excess cals as fat...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Do you think its to much carbs or fat i keep finding my self gaining weight sometimes? Its bouncing back and up mainly just up but i need to get down to a certain weight.
if youre gaining weight you are prolly eating more than maint..trust me when i say you need to play with your diet to find what works for you, i eat moderate pro, high carb, moderate fat