Looking for cheapest protein in bulk to buy online

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Is there a cheap simple whey only powder that I can later add my bcaa to per serving that I can buy in bulk? I'm low on cash and need to bargain hunt and tired of blowing wads at vitamin shoppe every month. Quality is important but I just want to mix my own extras instead of trusting in the proprietary blend crap. Is this a silly idea? I just like the idea of concocting what I put in my body rather then trust some manufacture is delivering the optimal blend off bcaa, nutrients and minerals. Hope it's clear what I'm getting at with this enough for some good leads. I've never been an online supp shopper.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Whoa! Are you joking bro? Never bought supps online!? Nah, just messing with you but seriously you're blowing soooooo much money buying from the GNCs of this world. Granted, if you know someone who knows someone who knows someone, you might get some great deals but that's rare. Low prices and low shipping--->

www.NutraPlanet.com

PintSizPopeye

PintSizPopeye

Awards
Nutra is definitely good, but I found smartpowders.com can have some really good prices on their 10lb bags and it actually tastes pretty good. Also a great place to buy bulk powders for cheap.

Sent from my SGH-i777 using Tapatalk 2

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
costco has a 6lb bag of wpc for $40. and vitamin shoppe =\= gencee. vitamin shoppe is actually competetively priced. its probly the only supplement store id go to

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Whoa! Are you joking bro? Never bought supps online!? Nah, just messing with you but seriously you're blowing soooooo much money buying from the GNCs of this world. Granted, if you know someone who knows someone who knows someone, you might get some great deals but that's rare. Low prices and low shipping--->

www.NutraPlanet.com
Well I've bought supps with the exception of protein online. It's just been more convenient to buy a tub when I needed it from the shop down the street from wherever I'm at. I have been throwing money away and I can't afford to waste anymore.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
costco has a 6lb bag of wpc for $40. and vitamin shoppe =\= gencee. vitamin shoppe is actually competetively priced. its probly the only supplement store id go to
Yes their protein is fairly priced (usually go with dymatizext)and have convenient locations everywhere but id like to go cheaper and if possible control/create my own protein blend so I know exactly what's going into my shakes and my body.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Is there a cheap simple whey only powder that I can later add my bcaa to per serving that I can buy in bulk?
i think you are going about this in the wrong fashion
Quality is important
precisely
but I just want to mix my own extras instead of trusting in the proprietary blend crap.
cheap protein is just that - cheap sourcing, cheap processing..cheap
you think that benefits you, in the grand scheme of things?
Is this a silly idea?
yup
I just like the idea of concocting what I put in my body rather then trust some manufacture is delivering the optimal blend off bcaa, nutrients and minerals.
#1 - a quality protein will contain your requirement of bcaa's
#2 - why spend $ on cheap powder, only to have to spend more $ on bcaa (and whatever else you have in mind) to = what you are hoping to get?
#3 - in the end - you have spent more $ than what purchasing a quality product would cost in the first place, and
#4 - i question that you will have done better for yourself by doing so

Hope it's clear what I'm getting at with this.
i hope i have been equally clear in answering your question

best

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nutrition depot matches any online stores pricing. Even sales prices.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
i think you are going about this in the wrong fashion
precisely
cheap protein is just that - cheap sourcing, cheap processing..cheap
you think that benefits you, in the grand scheme of things?
yup
#1 - a quality protein will contain your requirement of bcaa's
#2 - why spend $ on cheap powder, only to have to spend more $ on bcaa (and whatever else you have in mind) to = what you are hoping to get?
#3 - in the end - you have spent more $ than what purchasing a quality product would cost in the first place, and
#4 - i question that you will have done better for yourself by doing so

[QUOTEHope it's clear what I'm getting at with this.
i hope i have been equally clear in answering your question

best[/QUOTE]

That's why I posed it as a question if there was a cheaper way to go about making your own protein blend. When I said cheap I didn't mean cheap quality. I wanted to know if there was a raw unmixed whey powder you can buy in bulk. No added flavor no nothing and inexpensive enough to add the other essentials minus the sugars or artificial sweeteners and any other things i may not want in it. Guess I should have been more specific.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
costco has a new protein out too. its ON whey isolate 5lbs for ~$60. looks like performance whey, but its WPI. i dont think its sold anywhere else

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
costco has a new protein out too. its ON whey isolate 5lbs for ~$60. looks like performance whey, but its WPI. i dont think its sold anywhere else
ON is decent but 5lbs for 60 isnt bad but isn't great either IMO.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've bought 4 tubs of flurry from NP because it was only 30 bucks.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
That's why I posed it as a question if there was a cheaper way to go about making your own protein blend. When I said cheap I didn't mean cheap quality. I wanted to know if there was a raw unmixed whey powder you can buy in bulk. No added flavor no nothing and inexpensive enough to add the other essentials minus the sugars or artificial sweeteners and any other things i may not want in it. Guess I should have been more specific.
even a cheap powder contains plenty of bcaas my friend - is what protein is constructed of

a quality powder, also will not have all of these impurities you speak of..

i guess my issue is, your approach

everyone wants a good bargain, and you can buy decent powder (all things for that matter) cheaper online, than in any brick & mortar store you'll find

(unless said brick & mortar matches online pricing, but even then they usually charge s&h you would otherwise pay online etc)

i guess my point is:
would you rather pay $2000 for a brand new Yugo (may be before your time lol)..
a car that you know will break down and you'll throw it away in 2yrs time?

or would you rather spend that $ on a down pymt, for something that will provide much more reliability, comfort, and bottom-line value, but you may have to make monthly payments on?

:)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you want cheap, high quality, unflavored, no added ingredients (sugar, artificial sweetners)...

Only think I can think of is ordering direct

http://www.prinovausa.com/Products/Protein/Whey-Protein.aspx

But they are gonna prolly have a minimum. I would guess 25kg maybe?? I dunno.

There is also MF which carries unflavored but I wouldn't call their prices cheap or expensive (maybe just a lil more than average) but the quality was decent I suppose.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
JJ - okay

maybe i missed his point

but - am i missing something here, that you too would bcaa's to this unflavored quality mix he speaks of??

i am lost

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I might have misread it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Is there a cheap simple whey only powder that I can later add my bcaa to per serving that I can buy in bulk? I'm low on cash and need to bargain hunt and tired of blowing wads at vitamin shoppe every month. Quality is important but I just want to mix my own extras instead of trusting in the proprietary blend crap. Is this a silly idea? I just like the idea of concocting what I put in my body rather then trust some manufacture is delivering the optimal blend off bcaa, nutrients and minerals. Hope it's clear what I'm getting at with this enough for some good leads. I've never been an online supp shopper.
Best deal for high quality, cheap, unflavored, and all natural whey protein isolate I have used is the 10lb bag of NOW Foods CFM Whey Protein Isolate Natural and Unflavored. I've gone through many 10lb bags of this and rotate between this and a custom blend I make for myself at TrueNutrition(aka TrueProtein). Also please check your message box. I sent you a PM with some specific answers to what you asked.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Best deal for high quality, cheap, unflavored, and all natural whey protein isolate I have used is the 10lb bag of NOW Foods CFM Whey Protein Isolate Natural and Unflavored. I've gone through many 10lb bags of this and rotate between this and a custom blend I make for myself at TrueNutrition(aka TrueProtein). Also please check your message box. I sent you a PM with some info with some specific answers to what you asked.
Thanx HSK. To everyone else I just wanted straight up WPI inexpensive with no additional artificial additives or added ingredients. My idea was to see if I could concoct my own customized protein shake powder to my liking in bulk for let's say a 6 month period at a time at a cheaper price then what I spend on pre mixed name brand tubs. Maybe I worded it poorly iono but I think I got some good leads to what I meant .

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Thanx HSK. To everyone else I just wanted straight up WPI inexpensive with no additional artificial additives or added ingredients. My idea was to see if I could concoct my own customized protein shake powder to my liking in bulk for let's say a 6 month period at a time at a cheaper price then what I spend on pre mixed name brand tubs. Maybe I worded it poorly iono but I think I got some good leads to what I meant .
NP and good luck with your goals!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
fair enuff, and glad to see you found what you were looking for

my simple advice for you: what you determined you wanted via PM with hsk, is not what you asked in your OP, to wit:

Is there a cheap simple whey only powder that I can later add my bcaa to per serving that I can buy in bulk? I'm low on cash and need to bargain hunt and tired of blowing wads at vitamin shoppe every month.
clarification is everything, and WPI is not "simple whey", nor cheap (unless it is ion exchange..oh but don't get me started)

last thing: i still question your thought process, if it is your intent to put bcaas in a protein powder, what the goal is you wish to accomplish, but i quite honestly wish you the best

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I think I said what I was looking to do and you even quoted it.