looking. for a good calorie tracker app

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Im looking for an app to help me along woth tracking my cals for powerlifting so I can stay in my 3000 to 3500 rang. Ive noticed all of tje ones I could find are geared to weight loss pr am I not looking at th right. Need something for my 5/3/1 boring but big training.

Thanks
DDS

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm using Calories and Macros. I like the graphs and weight tracking portion but it's limited in food database.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
iphone use Fit Day

Android us myfitnesspal

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fatsecret is a good one as well. Huge food database.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fatsecret is a good one as well. Huge food database.
Good suggestion I literally just came across this one and haven't really put it to use. How do you like it compared to others?

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
myfitness pal, I use it on Iphone,

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
I use my fitness pal. You can adjust it for weight loss or gain.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My fitness pal gets another vote here. Very easy to use

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
MFP. app and online. very easy to customize food, can add friends to see what they use or meals they like to deal with on a daily basis to get you ideas, and can customize recipes or save meals that you may use over and over again and then adjust the amounts. Saves a lot of time, and can copy meals from day to day.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Pen and paper

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
MFP. app and online. very easy to customize food, can add friends to see what they use or meals they like to deal with on a daily basis to get you ideas, and can customize recipes or save meals that you may use over and over again and then adjust the amounts. Saves a lot of time, and can copy meals from day to day.
Agree, it's a great app, I use it as well. You can adjust your cals/macros on the web (not on the phone) to fit your goals. The goals that MFP sets for you automatically aren't correct and are usually based on the RDA, which isn't even close to what it needs to be for athletes/strength folks. I use it mostly to just track protein macros and overall cals. The barcode scanner is great, as well.

598falcon

Awards
fitday for iPhone is great.

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
I use my fitness pal. You can adjust it for weight loss or gain.
this , except i dont follow their recommended macros (too little protein, too high of carbs, etc). I use the app to track my macros but I calculate my necessary macros for my fitness goals on my own

gadimon

gadimon

Awards
I use mynetdiarydiary pro (iOS).
What I like about it is the huge database and that portion size suggestions are in actual things that make sense to me and don't have me doing arithmetic all day.