Long Time Listener, 1st Time Caller.... Help Appreciated with Routine/Epi cycle

StrongAssBack

Awards
4 Days ago I began an Epidrol Cycle which will be 6 weeks total. (20/30/30/30/40/30)
----Basically I have 120 pills of 10mg each. I am in the first week and am very open to any suggestions or constructive comments about how to cycle these over a 6 week period. So if you guys think I could spread these out more appropriately, let me know!
---This will be my second Epidrol cycle, after responding well to my first cycle which ended in mid May (20/20/20/20/30/30/30)

Also my current routine has been as follows

Day 1:Chest/Tris
Day 2:Back/Bi's
Day 3:Shoulders
Day 4:Chest/Tri's
Day 5:Back/Bi's
Day6:Legs (DL's & Squats included)
Day7:Shoulders
Lather, Rinse, and Repeat
Also (No hate please) I run about 5 miles every evening

I cannot bring myself to take an off day, especially on cycle, I don't want to feel like I'm wasting a day of precious Epidrol lol

My goal is Hypertrophy>Strength
Yes, Vain. Don't be mad.

My questions are...
-Is this an alright workout schedule while on cycle?
-If not, How/why is this detrimental?
-If I MUST take 1 or more off days, when should it be?

Help appreciated on cycle distribution and workout schedule.
Thanks Bros

Edit: Also I know I don't have reps yet on here, but if you give me solid advice and you have a bb.com account I can give you 10k+ reps on there

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If that's all the pills you have try 20/20/30/30/30/40 you will be 20mg short so the last week do 30mg the first day of the last week...and as for your workout you deff need time off try this

Chest/tri
Back/bi
Legs
Shoulders/Abs
Off
Either repeat or take a second day off...just listen to your body

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
Your work out schedule could definitely be improved since Shoulders and Chest/Tri back-to-back essentially twice a week is a bit of overkill. Remember that more isn't always better. It's more personal preference but I believe that doing chest and back back-to-back days will hinder your strength on the 2nd workout day since if you're benching properly your upper back should be fatigued the next day.

Chest/Tris
Legs/Abs
Back/Bis
Off
Legs/Abs
Shoulders/Tris
Off

That's what I do personally but having two off days a week is better to keep yourself primed for the whole cycle. You don't want to wear yourself out.

StrongAssBack

Awards
If that's all the pills you have try 20/20/30/30/30/40 you will be 20mg short so the last week do 30mg the first day of the last week...and as for your workout you deff need time off try this

Chest/tri
Back/bi
Legs
Shoulders/Abs
Off
Either repeat or take a second day off...just listen to your body
Ya know, thank you...
I almost feel like I knew this would be a much better route to take than my current schedule, but I just wanted to hear it from someone else.

And on the cycle question, My friends told me to do it the way you mapped out also.
Thanks for being a voice of reason

Your work out schedule could definitely be improved since Shoulders and Chest/Tri back-to-back essentially twice a week is a bit of overkill. Remember that more isn't always better. It's more personal preference but I believe that doing chest and back back-to-back days will hinder your strength on the 2nd workout day since if you're benching properly your upper back should be fatigued the next day.

Chest/Tris
Legs/Abs
Back/Bis
Off
Legs/Abs
Shoulders/Tris
Off

That's what I do personally but having two off days a week is better to keep yourself primed for the whole cycle. You don't want to wear yourself out.
Hmm Good point, I never used to do chest and back one day after another, maybe I should split it up.
Sounds like a good idea.
I did shoulders today and I'm gonna try to mix it up a bit tomorrow and do some olympic lifts with my buddy and see how that goes...lol...

to be honest though, Idk if I could do legs as often as you have written down. I want at least 2 days a week to be able to walk downstairs without cringing lol

jev871

jev871

Awards
Lol I am the same way, I don't like taking off day while on cycle.
I train like this

Chest/tri
Back/bi
Shoulders/traps
Legs
Chest/tri
And it just keeps going...

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
some days off are needed for the CNS and joints... a lot strength gains to be had from resting up

but i know it's hard to sit at home on cycle i could live in the gym

StrongAssBack

Awards
Lol I am the same way, I don't like taking off day while on cycle.
I train like this

Chest/tri
Back/bi
Shoulders/traps
Legs
Chest/tri
And it just keeps going...
yea that's how I feel, it's hard to just sit at home, I feel like I need to be lifting

some days off are needed for the CNS and joints... a lot strength gains to be had from resting up

but i know it's hard to sit at home on cycle i could live in the gym
Yea I kknow I NEED off days, its just hard to restrain myself from the gym. Yesterday I tried to take a day off....Then at 9pm I couldn't stand it anymore and had to go lift...