Long time coming....I'm 35 now.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Hello,

I am an old member of this site now, both in age and time here. Fitness has given my life shape and goals. For the first 10 years I trained, I never had a break, worked out through major injuries, had numerous jobs in fitness and rehab facilities, lived the ALIVE life style. A couple of years back, I got depressed and lost my way some. I was genetically predisposition-ed to eat a lot, work hard, and gain size. A long history of farmers....

I educate and work in TV and Film. I have long days of high stress. The same mental energy I had as a younger man, are spent keeping people safe and an eye on logistics. My workouts have suffered.A good friend died a few years back and I believe it sent me into a couple of years of depression and self abuse. I'm better now, but didnt realize I was in a bad place. I just finished my grad degree on an educators scholarship, working in bars due to my size and nature. That also took its toll.

I'm BBBBBAAAACCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Dsade has been inspiring me with encouragement and knowledge. Thank you for your push Matt. I have taken 22 lbs off my fat ass in the last 7 weeks. I have done this through Low carb eating and moderate to intense exercise. I have found a new way to eat and live. It is what I needed.

The purpose of this post is to keep me in check. Studying my success in physique, the more I post on AM.com, the better I seem to do....like my minds on my money....so to speak. I'm grateful to be here, to be alive, and to have a chance to remember I can change my world. All I've gotta do is bust my a**.

Current stats: 6'3 ft 230 lbs, 19.9 percent bf, BMI near 27ish...
Some supps/ Anabolics I am using...Myosynergy....this stuff ONLY got good for me the second bag in. Love it dearly now that I can start to see what I beieve it is doing to me. A moderate dosed transdermal 1-test/ formastane mix, and low dosed Test, around 200mgs a weeks. I ran out of DCP and thermogum about a week ago. I really loved how they seemed to work for me.

My workouts are 3-4 days a weeks. I either focus on cardio first with 30 minutes of HIIT if I feel fat or too beat up to heal from lifting. Otherwise I like to do a brief cardio warm up with about 45 minutes of intense lifting. Short breaks with multiple excercises stacked with other whole body movements....Love to tripled and quadruple stack sets....Recovery is for p*ssys. Haha.

I have been using Cytosport whey and muscle milk as needed. I didnt use the muscle milk in the first few weeks due to it containing 14 grams of carbs per serving.....but those carbs dont bother me at all now....

Its good to be back!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep us posted on your progress and welcome bbbaaacckk. :)

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Holy Crap this site has GROWN!! HAHA. I am so glad I have found my way back here. One very cool thing I've learned; I'm in my best shape the more I am on this site. Its a real phenomenon to notice.

I had a good workout today. I started dieting about 8 weeks and and weighed in today weighing 23 lbs less. A lot of discipline and suffering! Haha. I feel so much lighter. I am moving so much better. I did the electronic caliper bf test today at the gym and came in right under 18% BF. My lowest in over a year. Not great, but massive improvement my super fat a** 2 months ago. I am too self conscious to post a photo yet...but one day soon. Im getting closer.

My training today was strength based HIIT. At the most I used 70% of my max weight in any movement, but did 3-5 exercises per set using whole body movements....T-Bar rows, bridge, squats, military press, lunge....Between low carbs and being a lot weaker than I have been in my past, I have found this intensity really ramps up my fat burning. When I cant maintain this....I drop down to much smaller sets and focus on my weakest areas......then if I feel barfy, I go.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back.
Thanks man. I have been following your Follidrone with baited breath. I think for me being in a Low carb and calorie deficit that product sounds great. If I get my hands on it, I will definitely let you know. Good lookin product line man! Ive been using a 1-test/ formastane mix and loving it. When I run out of that, I will certainly be thinking about what you guys offer!

Last edited:
Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, I remember when they opened this section and 35 was so far off and now I'm pushing 40

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Haha, I remember when they opened this section and 35 was so far off and now I'm pushing 40
I know what you mean. It literally just snuck up on me. Funny what I'm focused on now vs when I first came to this site. Life is way more interesting now!

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I ate low carb all day. I had a great salad at lunch, it had some cranberries in it. The restaurant had a health rating of 100 points. You could taste the dedication to cleanliness in the food. I picked up some slintinsity today. I look forward to expirementing with it and carbs. I havent had pizza in 8 weeks. The longest period of my life. EVER. Definitely plan to try some pizza and beer with it this weekend a a recovery treat. dsade

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I ate low carb all day. I had a great salad at lunch, it had some cranberries in it. The restaurant had a health rating of 100 points. You could taste the dedication to cleanliness in the food. I picked up some slintinsity today. I look forward to expirementing with it and carbs. I havent had pizza in 8 weeks. The longest period of my life. EVER. Definitely plan to try some pizza and beer with it this weekend a a recovery treat. @dsade
Haha. How should it work with ice cream?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I've been having success using HIIT. It feels different getting my Heart Rate up for periods of time. It used to be so much easier. It really makes a difference in weight loss and how I feel.....more energy that kind of thing. I am doing HIIT cardio then lifting a couple of muscle groups to follow.....or a slight warm up and lifting then some simple HIIT on eleyptical for 10 minutes......1 minute normal then one minute at high RMP....back and forth with that. Any tips or insight to weight-loss are welcome.....

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Welcome back motiv8er....as you can see by my age and join date, I'm in your position exactly - old member, just came back - and SHOCKED I'm in this forum.... we were both in our roaring 20's when we got on here and now look - the old folks section.

Are you confident you'll still be able to make gains/improvements over the next 5 years? Are you planning on cutting for a while then bulking again, or are you looking to just reach a trim and toned body and maintain?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back motiv8er....as you can see by my age and join date, I'm in your position exactly - old member, just came back - and SHOCKED I'm in this forum.... we were both in our roaring 20's when we got on here and now look - the old folks section.

Are you confident you'll still be able to make gains/improvements over the next 5 years? Are you planning on cutting for a while then bulking again, or are you looking to just reach a trim and toned body and maintain?
Hey Marc! Sorry for the late reply....but at least it allows me to follow up with answers....

1) I took 40 some pounds off in 4-5 months last year.

2) I was lean and keeping it there by the end of November. My fitness guru who got me in the gym 13 years ago, who told me I was too unhealthy June 1st last year, told me Dec 1st I needed to have a strength challenge. I accepted...

3) The month of December, while eating and drinking to some enjoyment...I did a push up challenge....200 a week, 300 a week a day and so on...by the end of the month I was able to do around 400 push ups in a small amount of time....I felt alive and strong for the first time in years.

I have followed a military system protocol of tearing myself down to bare...holding it there...( Bare for me is 6'3 211lbs btw 14% BF) I started well into lower 30% BF. I'm around 15% now with twice as much strength....

4) I had to lose myself, to rediscover myself...I got lost.....and just like what got me into the gym...I had to become a new man again. I am more focused on sleep, fiber, micro's than macro's....I have had enough people fall over dead....I want to live strong, live long. When I got here....I dont know if I knew what I wanted other than to find good product.

Its a new chapter and journey.....tear it down if you need to....dont let it die. Im giving it my all and havent felt this good in years...I pack 5 oz of nuts in my ziplock bag to walk around with me all day to keep me from quick, cheap feedings, haha some things are different!