Long term use of supplements

Pounditz

Awards
Are any particular supplements strictly off limits for long term use? Liver stress, buildup in the body like creatine, etc.
And on the opposite end of the spectrum, any that are good to go for long term use? Things like grapeseed extract, curcumin, etc.

Being a diabetic, I love testofen, it gives good glucose stability. I would like to use it for long term (currently 2 months on, 1 mo off) and def notice when I am not using it, if I can safely continue using it for months, that would be preferred. (tried the search and found nothing on this)

Just curious what the general consensus is… staying away from stressors on the liver and kidneys is always on my mind as they are under increased burden enough as is.
Thanks

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
It depends on the products.

Creatine is natural, ive been using it for about 12 years. I just had a blood test done, and my kidney & liver values were normal.

Amino acids are also natural and safe.

There are products out there that would not be good for long term use.

The best thing to do is read and research what your putting into your body.

Pounditz

Awards
Well, the point of this IS research and reading for all those curious…

EGCG is natural, but is harsh on your liver, when large doses are used.
Coffee is natural but is harsh on the liver and kidneys, esp when inadequate hydration is factored in.
What I asked was, what are common supplements that we all take, that have bad effects when long term use is applied.
Turmeric is high in oxalates, so is spinach, both are natural, but the overindulgence can have bad effects on the organs in the body.

Mushroom supplements (reishi, maitake, ****ake, etc) are one of the things that my research has shown to have no ill effect as a stressor to the body in high dose use, or long term use.