Log...it’s better than bad it’s good

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A vote here for move it back...Have the bulk of the summer to be juicy/‘On’ and like my dude wolf said, no interruption during pct...

Also, I’m curious if you’ll notice the Hdrol, as SD is just so powerful? ...You could save the Hdrol and stack it with an Msten or DMZ the cycle after this Its hard for us not to think ahead to the next one
Sdrol is in a stack containing 25mg hdrol/15mg sdrol. It’s being added at the end to keep the hdrol dosage consistented while adding the horsepower

Hdrol
50/75/75/75/75/50/50/50
Dark side reign
0/0/0/0/day 36 25hdrol 15sdrol
Day 50 50hdrol 30sdrol
Dienogen week 1 75mg
Week 2-8 100mg
Td 3ad 50mg 8wks

Also, I agree and have decided to move it back. I also have plenty more of goodies in the stash with more on standby so that’s not really a concern.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sdrol is in a stack containing 25mg hdrol/15mg sdrol. It’s being added at the end to keep the hdrol dosage consistented while adding the horsepower

Hdrol
50/75/75/75/75/50/50/50
Dark side reign
0/0/0/0/day 36 25hdrol 15sdrol
Day 50 50hdrol 30sdrol
Dienogen week 1 75mg
Week 2-8 100mg
Td 3ad 50mg 8wks

Also, I agree and have decided to move it back. I also have plenty more of goodies in the stash with more on standby so that’s not really a concern.
Gonna be a good run!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
IMG_9065.JPG

Decided to buy a machine for back work for the free space I have left. Ordered this just now. Reverse hyper in June when it’s back in stock and I’m picking up something tomorrow for comp bench... gym is coming together now

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Had a great squat session today. I can’t believe how much more comfortable I am squatting and having zero pain. I’m not really chasing a one rep max anymore, I’m more interested in getting 335x10.
After squatting I took a drive and picked up a comp bench with fat pad. It’s a good day!

Squat 3s
5x160/200
3x240/280/320
4x360
2x385
5x280x3/10x280

Reverse leverage squat
10x25ea sidex2

Leverage squat
6x70ea side x2
IMG_9069.JPG

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Had a great squat session today. I can’t believe how much more comfortable I am squatting and having zero pain. I’m not really chasing a one rep max anymore, I’m more interested in getting 335x10.
After squatting I took a drive and picked up a comp bench with fat pad. It’s a good day!

Squat 3s
5x160/200
3x240/280/320
4x360
2x385
5x280x3/10x280

Reverse leverage squat
10x25ea sidex2

Leverage squat
6x70ea side x2View attachment 204312
How's the bench feel? I've been eyeing that one

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re going to enjoy that fat pad!

What have you changed that fixed your discomfort squatting?

In my experience, if my 10RM squat is going up, my 1RM is as well.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’re going to enjoy that fat pad!

What have you changed that fixed your discomfort squatting?

In my experience, if my 10RM squat is going up, my 1RM is as well.
I have a wider stance now

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Woke up like a kid on Christmas eager to try out the fat pad. While walking my dogs I came up on a dude who I thought was dead from an overdose (needle still in arm), this got me even more jacked to get under something heavy. Weird I know but you’re not me. Anyway, I realized I only had one scoop of juice daddy left and I’m not trying to open my last tub just yet. Pwo looked this haha
1 scoop JD
1 cap Spook(amp citrate)
1.5ml stanogen
2ml Ursa Major
2ml Triton
5g creatine mono
Did comp bench to get my primed for my shoulder day. I love this bench. Like laying on a solid couch. Just feels right. I didn’t go super heavy as today was my second bench day this week. Military press felt great. My endurance was way up and that 205x2 flew up fast! Ended with btn press ss with shrugs.
Tomorrow the chest supported row is supposed to be delivered and Monday is deadlift day. Life is good as hell right now. Also, I sold the preacher curl...used it twice.

Comp bench
10x135/155/185
6x225
3x245

Military 3s
5x80/105
3x125/145/165
5x185
2x205
10x145
5x145
10x145

Btn press
10x95x2
8x115
5x135

Ss
Db shrugs
10x70sx4

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just want to know where you are applying 5.5ml at one time... I would be totally covered.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just want to know where you are applying 5.5ml at one time... I would be totally covered.
Forearms to shoulders and a little chest. This is not my usual protocol. More of an experiment. Usually 2-3ml at a time haha. I like stanogen pwo from time to time

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Vacation has been set for the end of September for various reasons. What I have laid will begin June 1st unless something else comes up.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Off day kind of. Bought 4 stall mats(roughly 400lb) off a CrossFit gym in town. Carried and situated them in the basement before the seated row arrives. I also now have designated deadlift and dumbbell area. Gonna move some things around I think once the machine is assembled. I may be out of room for the reverse hyper. I’ll have to see how crammed the area is. I like the idea of a designated space for a bench/deadlifts. Whatever happens this space is going to be sick as hell when I’m done.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Off day kind of. Bought 4 stall mats(roughly 400lb) off a CrossFit gym in town. Carried and situated them in the basement before the seated row arrives. I also now have designated deadlift and dumbbell area. Gonna move some things around I think once the machine is assembled. I may be out of room for the reverse hyper. I’ll have to see how crammed the area is. I like the idea of a designated space for a bench/deadlifts. Whatever happens this space is going to be sick as hell when I’m done.
i love my gym set up, I sometimes come and just sit on the bench with some tunes on to chill out 😂

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i love my gym set up, I sometimes come and just sit on the bench with some tunes on to chill out
Haha my wife was like what are you doing down there? I was just sitting on the bench staring into space

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
First workout in the newly revamped space. What a difference some space to move around makes. I feel like some big gains are gonna get made in the coming months. I’m feeling really optimistic about life and that’s carrying over to training.

Started 2ml of epichaos pwo alongside Ursa Major and triton. Endurance and pump was insane today.

Deadlifts were going up fast and felt great. Threw in a few singles to gauge where I’m at before my FSL sets. I’m going to test my max in a month I think. I was a little unsure about my latest impulse buy but after using it I love the chest supported seated row. I was able to hit muscles in my back I don’t usually hit with barbell/db rows. I went back and forth between this and the Titan model. The reason I decided for the Valor is because the arms are independent and I used to love alternating rows followed by a set using both arms. The inside handles allow for supinated as well, since they rotate. It’s definitely nice adding some variety to my routine. Did some db rows on the flat bench to end the session. Wanted to work up to 100s but my back was done. In all it was a great pull day.

I’m waking up at 194lb and lean. Started May 1st I’m bringing back the mk677 to get used to eating big again before I start this cycle in June.

Deadlift
5x135x2
3x165
5x205
3x235/260
1x315/365
10x205x2
5x205

Seated row machine(wide)
10x70
8x160x3

Seated row(narrow)
8x 35 (alternate) 8x70(both arms) x3

Db rows
10x60s
6x80sx2

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a great setup! You will like the Viper Thing

Congratulations on pulling some painless deadlifts - remember to keep doing what you have been to stay pain and injury free; discretion is often the better part of valor with them, back health-wise.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looks like a great setup! You will like the Viper Thing

Congratulations on pulling some painless deadlifts - remember to keep doing what you have been to stay pain and injury free; discretion is often the better part of valor with them, back health-wise.
I’m so happy to be pain free. I love deadlifts.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Today was wk3 of benching. Despite being very tired from a 14 hour shift yesterday it went really well. Worked up to one rep of 300lb. FSL sets came easy and the weight felt almost effortless. Did a little band work after but I was about pressed out on flat at this point. Db inclines working up to a double with the 100s. Tricep work with CG press and db skullcrushers to end the session.
Weight is still 194lb and I’m continuing to recomp. Supplementation will be as follows for the next month
Ursa Major 4ml daily
Epi chaos 2ml daily
Helios 1ml daily
Triton 2ml pwo
Mk677 5on/2 off

Bench
5x135x2
3x165
5x205
3x235
6x260
4x275
1x300
10x205x2/5x205
6x135(red mini bands)x2

Incline dumbbell press
10x40s
8x60s/80s
2x100s
8x60s

CG bench
5x135x3

Db skullcrushers
12x25s x2/8x25s
IMG_9137.JPG

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Squat day today, worked up to 380x2. Next week is definitely a deload week. Only got 2 sets of FSL before switching to 225 and hitting an amrap of 15. Used the ssb with some chains after to switch it up then did some lunges. My legs just weren’t having it today. I’m going to listen to my body and deload.
So I’ve been making a lot of progress with 5/3/1 and I enjoyed doing the FSL a few cycles but now I wanna try something new. Possibly boring but big? @Hyde @Whiskey any suggestions?
Squat
5x160/200
3x240
5x300
3x340
2x380
5x300x2
15x225

Ssb
5x135
5x135(1 set of chains-35lb each)x2
5x135(2 sets of chains-80lb total per sidex3

Leverage lunges
50lb x6 x2

IMG_9146.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think Boring But Big only makes sense for someone in a surplus, trying to gain actively, who also is very limited on equipment they have access to and isn’t particularly strong, or advanced. That’s not a knock on anyone doing it - I just mean the longer you do this the harder something like this gets to be for you. Like a younger guy trying to build his base. It’s boring AF, it’s harder on joints, it needs a lot of calories to recover from.

Or maybe as a primer template for just one month before before moving to another more strength-oriented template. Wendler has a bunch of stupid names for ordering accessory templates, but periodizing accessory work has always been a thing. Start higher volume lighter and as blocks go by weight goes up & volume drops. So if this fits in your big picture annually, then yeah go for it.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think Boring But Big only makes sense for someone in a surplus, trying to gain actively, who also is very limited on equipment they have access to and isn’t particularly strong, or advanced. That’s not a knock on anyone doing it - I just mean the longer you do this the harder something like this gets to be for you. Like a younger guy trying to build his base. It’s boring AF, it’s harder on joints, it needs a lot of calories to recover from.

Or maybe as a primer template for just one month before before moving to another more strength-oriented template. Wendler has a bunch of stupid names for ordering accessory templates, but periodizing accessory work has always been a thing. Start higher volume lighter and as blocks go by weight goes up & volume drops. So if this fits in your big picture annually, then yeah go for it.
Nope sounds horrible. I’ll get bored in no time. Thinking about maybe 10/5/1 or maybe trying 5x5/3/1 after this deload.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thinking about modifying this a little and trying it out. Obviously, the machine work won’t work but I think the overall program looks interesting.
IMG_9151.JPG

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Deload week. Reading through beyond 5/3/1 this week to plan what’s next. I’m thinking of doing 5/3/1 for strength leading up to my June cycle. I don’t think it’s smart for me to start something completely new before June. Deload sets felt great. Opted for Jim’s method of maintaining strength and hitting some singles at the end. Military
5x80/105/125/145
3x165
1x185/205/215/225/235

Rackpulls
10x135/225x2/315x2
5x405

Viking(leverage machine)
10x25ea side x2
5x50ea side x 2

Facepulls 5x10

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Deload

Deadlift
5x135x2/165/195
3x225
1x275/315/365

Barbell rows
10x135x5

Chest supported row (wide grip)
10x35ea side/60ea side x2
(Narrow supinated grip)
10x35ea x3

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m excited to see the numbers I put up on this upcoming cycle. Deload bench today went very smooth. Fired out a 295lb single and I’m pretty I didn’t need to make such a conservative jump from 275 but it felt good to push this up so easily and controlled.

Bench (deload)
5x110/140/165/195
3x220
1x250/275/295

Incline barbell
10x135x2/185
6x225
20x135

Incline cambered CG
10x100x3

Lying tricep extensions
15x25 dbs x2

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Squat day today, worked up to 380x2. Next week is definitely a deload week. Only got 2 sets of FSL before switching to 225 and hitting an amrap of 15. Used the ssb with some chains after to switch it up then did some lunges. My legs just weren’t having it today. I’m going to listen to my body and deload.
So I’ve been making a lot of progress with 5/3/1 and I enjoyed doing the FSL a few cycles but now I wanna try something new. Possibly boring but big? @Hyde @Whiskey any suggestions?
Squat
5x160/200
3x240
5x300
3x340
2x380
5x300x2
15x225

Ssb
5x135
5x135(1 set of chains-35lb each)x2
5x135(2 sets of chains-80lb total per sidex3

Leverage lunges
50lb x6 x2

View attachment 204529
I really enjoyed madcow 5x5 but it’s fucking brutal and wouldn’t do it on a cut

5/3/1 has worked well for me. Used it on a cut/maintenance phase just auto regulating the weight on any given day

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I really enjoyed madcow 5x5 but it’s fucking brutal and wouldn’t do it on a cut

5/3/1 has worked well for me. Used it on a cut/maintenance phase just auto regulating the weight on any given day
5/3/1 Forever arrives today. I’m going to read through it and plan my next few cycles of 5/3/1.
I did madcow before and I enjoyed it too but it got stale.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’m excited to see the numbers I put up on this upcoming cycle. Deload bench today went very smooth. Fired out a 295lb single and I’m pretty I didn’t need to make such a conservative jump from 275 but it felt good to push this up so easily and controlled.

Bench (deload)
5x110/140/165/195
3x220
1x250/275/295

Incline barbell
10x135x2/185
6x225
20x135

Incline cambered CG
10x100x3

Lying tricep extensions
15x25 dbs x2
I think you’ll see some good growth, both in strength and size, on your next cycle. I had a hard time staying at reasonable weights on dien, so I’d imagine with your training style you’ll love it.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
5/3/1 Forever arrives today. I’m going to read through it and plan my next few cycles of 5/3/1.
I did madcow before and I enjoyed it too but it got stale.
i think madcow has to be run on a blast. I think I ran that on trest and was setting new pr’s for around 6-7 weeks on squat and dead (pulled 473 for 5 at the peak) but it broke me. Absolutely fried my CNS. Strength dropped every week after that pull (despite me throwing more drugs at it) and it took 6 months to really recover.

at the time I didn’t know anywhere near what I know today about volume, recovery etc. I was doing way to much, wasn’t pushing enough recovery time and thought the drugs would cover my gaps but discovered you hit a point where they don’t. It was a good lesson to learn though. Definitely helped me hit my 1,328 total last month as I approached it so differently

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i think madcow has to be run on a blast. I think I ran that on trest and was setting new pr’s for around 6-7 weeks on squat and dead (pulled 473 for 5 at the peak) but it broke me. Absolutely fried my CNS. Strength dropped every week after that pull (despite me throwing more drugs at it) and it took 6 months to really recover.

at the time I didn’t know anywhere near what I know today about volume, recovery etc. I was doing way to much, wasn’t pushing enough recovery time and thought the drugs would cover my gaps but discovered you hit a point where they don’t. It was a good lesson to learn though. Definitely helped me hit my 1,328 total last month as I approached it so differently
Mad Cow is generally for beginners or guys who have never gotten that strong (or, aren’t currently and trying to ramp back up some). It is an aggressive sledgehammer approach that doesn’t waste time fucking about with percentages; you just run it 2-6 months until the newbie gains run out and you are back up to speed. Then you deload and run actual programming from there.

With my training/injury history, I would get destroyed by Mad Cow currently. Unless I started ultralight and the focus really was just structured hypertrophy. But it wouldn’t be the most efficient way to get my powerlift 1RMs back up.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like what I’ve been able to accomplish with 5/3/1 both strength and size wise. I just wanna take it to the next level. Especially with this upcoming cycle. I figure I’ll start something new on Monday and after that 3 week cycle it’ll be time to start the dien fun! Ordered the rest of my supports today as well.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Mad Cow is generally for beginners or guys who have never gotten that strong (or, aren’t currently and trying to ramp back up some). It is an aggressive sledgehammer approach that doesn’t waste time fucking about with percentages; you just run it 2-6 months until the newbie gains run out and you are back up to speed. Then you deload and run actual programming from there.

With my training/injury history, I would get destroyed by Mad Cow currently. Unless I started ultralight and the focus really was just structured hypertrophy. But it wouldn’t be the most efficient way to get my powerlift 1RMs back up.
lol, that would be why it broke me then

I overestimated what the drugs could do back then, by a long shot

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Squat deload
5x160/200/240/280
3x320
1x360/405

Leverage squat
25ea x 8/45ea x8x2/70x8
Ss
20 reps standing calf raise after each set

Squats felt great until my last set of 405. Instant sciatic pain on the way up. Tried to get in accessory work but decided to call it quits early. Weight is 198lb this morning. I’m pretty frustrated with this possible re-injury.