Squat deload
5x160/200/240/280
3x320
1x360/405

Leverage squat
25ea x 8/45ea x8x2/70x8
Ss
20 reps standing calf raise after each set

Squats felt great until my last set of 405. Instant sciatic pain on the way up. Tried to get in accessory work but decided to call it quits early. Weight is 198lb this morning. I’m pretty frustrated with this possible re-injury.
pretty heavy deload bro?

injury sucks though. Hopefully not to bad and just needs a short time to sort

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
pretty heavy deload bro?

injury sucks though. Hopefully not to bad and just needs a short time to sort
Yea it’s one of wendlers heavier options. In hindsight I should’ve stopped at 360, since it moved quick .

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Squat deload
5x160/200/240/280
3x320
1x360/405

Leverage squat
25ea x 8/45ea x8x2/70x8
Ss
20 reps standing calf raise after each set

Squats felt great until my last set of 405. Instant sciatic pain on the way up. Tried to get in accessory work but decided to call it quits early. Weight is 198lb this morning. I’m pretty frustrated with this possible re-injury.
Sh!t bro, hope it’s nothing too serious. Give it some good rest and hopefully it’ll just be a minor tweak.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yea it’s one of wendlers heavier options. In hindsight I should’ve stopped at 360, since it moved quick .
fair enough. I remember us being similar ish on or squat and that would be heavy af for me as a deload. My coach has me deload at like 280/300 for 2-3 reps 😂

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
fair enough. I remember us being similar ish on or squat and that would be heavy af for me as a deload. My coach has me deload at like 280/300 for 2-3 reps
I would’ve been better stopping at 300 haha

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I really want my reverse hyper to unexpectedly ship early...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know it’s spilt milk now, but (as you learned) using over 85% even for a single is not a wise deload. Maybe a taper when peaking, but not trying to shed fatigue debt from training. I’m sorry that happened man. Pop some ibuprofen to help get the inflammation out and take a few short walks with arms swinging gently at sides to flush the area. And be very mindful in day to day movements and be bracing as you bend & lean.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know it’s spilt milk now, but (as you learned) using over 85% even for a single is not a wise deload. Maybe a taper when peaking, but not trying to shed fatigue debt from training. I’m sorry that happened man. Pop some ibuprofen to help get the inflammation out and take a few short walks with arms swinging gently at sides to flush the area. And be very mindful in day to day movements and be bracing as you bend & lean.
I seriously feel like the biggest degenerate. Besides the shooting pain all I can think about is how well my left side has been feeling

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Duuuuuuuude :( Man I hope it’s very short term stuff. Speaking from experience don’t rush back into anything that causes it to hurt any. Trust me just back off, rest, heal, come back stronger. The muscles aren’t going anywhere. Trying to push through essentially ruined me.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Duuuuuuuude :( Man I hope it’s very short term stuff. Speaking from experience don’t rush back into anything that causes it to hurt any. Trust me just back off, rest, heal, come back stronger. The muscles aren’t going anywhere. Trying to push through essentially ruined me.
Thanks brother. I think a week off might be in order, unfortunately

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother. I think a week off might be in order, unfortunately
No shame in that! Focus on taking some frequent walks and doing some bird dogs daily. No serious lifting does not have to mean you can’t be working towards getting healthy to train again.

Get your health in order now. You will slap any ounce of muscle lost back on next cycle whenever you’re healthy for it.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok so Friday night I barely slept due to pain once my muscles relaxed after work.
Saturday I laid on the couch, dosed cbd oil and went to town with the massage gun. Went to work Saturday night with minor pain.
Sunday got my ass kicked as we served roughly 800 people for Mother’s Day brunch. Moving around definitely helped the pain.
Today I’m pain free! Still didn’t train and I’m trying to take the week off but I might have to do some upper body towards the end of the week.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok so Friday night I barely slept due to pain once my muscles relaxed after work.
Saturday I laid on the couch, dosed cbd oil and went to town with the massage gun. Went to work Saturday night with minor pain.
Sunday got my ass kicked as we served roughly 800 people for Mother’s Day brunch. Moving around definitely helped the pain.
Today I’m pain free! Still didn’t train and I’m trying to take the week off but I might have to do some upper body towards the end of the week.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
don’t rush it bro....... fingers crossed your good though

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
don’t rush it bro....... fingers crossed your good though
I know I’m trying really hard not to. I had to go down to get more dog food from the basement and I tried to not even look at my equipment haha

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Damn, I just got caught up. Get some rest and come back strong bro!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bruh, my arm literally doesn’t fucking work anymore because I didn’t take time off. You probably need the rest anyways. When was the last time you took a rest?
A few years ago, when I originally hurt myself. I already made the decision to take the week off now I’ll follow through.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I got some thinking to do on this rest week. I’m thinking as long as I feel good next week I’ll back off 5/3/1 and just do p/p/l with light weight and focus on volume for a few weeks. I still plan on starting this cycle June 1st. Originally I was going to continue the 5/3/1 protocol but maybe that’s not the best option, specifically for squatting/deadlifting. Any suggestions on how I should program my split. For example I’m thinking of going back to rackpulls rather than dead’s as I know it doesn’t aggravate my left side.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I realize I’m not 22 anymore and I’d like to continue lifting another 20 years so maybe I need to switch things up a little.

Reactions: ZOO
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You gotta feel it out homie. The key is to do less than you think you can do - you need to work within your means, regarding what you can stabilize. Well within. Focus on bracing work, maintaining mobility to avoid getting tight, getting your walks in, upper body stuff or things you can do with back support. Use a warm belt (Cerberus makes an awesome one but there’s lots of brands) or a body wrap/ace bandage around your low back/abs when you train for passive support and warmth.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You gotta feel it out homie. The key is to do less than you think you can do - you need to work within your means, regarding what you can stabilize. Well within. Focus on bracing work, maintaining mobility to avoid getting tight, getting your walks in, upper body stuff or things you can do with back support. Use a warm belt (Cerberus makes an awesome one but there’s lots of brands) or a body wrap/ace bandage around your low back/abs when you train for passive support and warmth.
IMG_9249.JPG

You recommend the first belt my man? Everything I own except my inzer is theirs and they haven’t steered me wrong

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 204737
You recommend the first belt my man? Everything I own except my inzer is theirs and they haven’t steered me wrong
Friggin love Cerberus! The first belt looks awesome in my opinion. I just have the little 8mm guy (bottom left) but it works for my purposes.
Yes; I have the first one, the neoprene back support. It has a couple loops on the back/sides so you can slide another harder belt through it too, like the deadlift belt (which I also have and combined it’s a terrific combo).

Make sure to use a discount code!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes; I have the first one, the neoprene back support. It has a couple loops on the back/sides so you can slide another harder belt through it too, like the deadlift belt (which I also have and combined it’s a terrific combo).

Make sure to use a discount code!
I’ll be making an order soon. Guess I’ll just buy both haha

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hows the back mate?

Flare ups suck - not knowing when its going to pass! It will though.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
IMG_9267.JPG

So this is a good representation of my starting point leading into this run on June 1. Current weight is 198lb. I’d to really gain size in my legs and back. Shoulders and chest will be almost automatic. Pretty happy with where I’m at so far.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Hyde on your recommendation I just ordered the Cerberus belt. Thanks dude
Training will be again Monday with some upper body work. Overall I’m feeling so much better and looking forward to getting back to weights.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde on your recommendation I just ordered the Cerberus belt. Thanks dude
Training will be again Monday with some upper body work. Overall I’m feeling so much better and looking forward to getting back to weights.
That belt is really solid. Really a great evolution of the neoprene Rehband model from yester-year. You won’t be disappointed.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok I’m back and feeling good! Big shoutout to @ZOO for feeling his disapproval every time I wanted to train last week.
Tried out a new pwo, Leviathan, @Hyde it’s pretty good. I dosed 3/4 scoop today and the focus is amazing. My arms almost immediately got pumped after 3 sets of flat with the empty bar. Not too much where it was painful. I actually enjoyed it. As for the energy, it’s Monday and just to give you some perspective I worked 30hours this weekend ...15 of which were on Saturday so I’m kinda beat today. I was able to get through all my sets with limited rest and I could keep going but I don’t wanna overdue it. Taste, who cares, it’s a pwo but it was good nonetheless. This will be a once in a while pre and I only bought it to conserve juice daddy haha. Overall 7.5/10
Anyway today was bench day and I kept it at a 2 plate max haha. Just getting some quality benching in with some accessories. I think I’ll start another cycle of 5/3/1 next week with maybe 75% my training max.

Bench
10x135x2
10x165
6x185/205
5x225x3

Incline db press
10x40
8x60x3/75
6x80

CG bench
10x135x2
8x155
6x175

Seated db tricep extensions
10x50x3

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok I’m back and feeling good! Big shoutout to @ZOO for feeling his disapproval every time I wanted to train last week.
Tried out a new pwo, Leviathan, @Hyde it’s pretty good. I dosed 3/4 scoop today and the focus is amazing. My arms almost immediately got pumped after 3 sets of flat with the empty bar. Not too much where it was painful. I actually enjoyed it. As for the energy, it’s Monday and just to give you some perspective I worked 30hours this weekend ...15 of which were on Saturday so I’m kinda beat today. I was able to get through all my sets with limited rest and I could keep going but I don’t wanna overdue it. Taste, who cares, it’s a pwo but it was good nonetheless. This will be a once in a while pre and I only bought it to conserve juice daddy haha. Overall 7.5/10
Anyway today was bench day and I kept it at a 2 plate max haha. Just getting some quality benching in with some accessories. I think I’ll start another cycle of 5/3/1 next week with maybe 75% my training max.

Bench
10x135x2
10x165
6x185/205
5x225x3

Incline db press
10x40
8x60x3/75
6x80

CG bench
10x135x2
8x155
6x175

Seated db tricep extensions
10x50x3
I like the strong focus and good energy from Leviathan too!

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha I’m happy to hear it was a successful downtime and you’re feeling much better. Train, rest, repeat 💪🏻😎

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you are feeling good so far. Best to stay ahead of this so you can keep making forward progress slow and steady. Easy come, easy go, as they say.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Rackpulls
8x135
6x225x3

Chest supported wide rows
10x35ea x 2
10x60ea x 2
Chest supports close grip
10x25eax 2
10/8 x 60ea

Db curls
10x25x3

Db rows
8x80x2
5x105

Seated db hammer curls
5x40x3

Pull day today and I’m switching out dead’s for rackpulls again until I’m 100%. Last set of 225 started a little pain, so I stopped there. I’m really listening to my body now. I focused more on volume and upper body since there’s no aggravation in this. I made a 105lb dumbbell with the odd pancakes I have left over for rows as well.
64047204597__8F22F30A-9667-4E9E-A8E3-668E2D74A537.JPG

Weight is staying steady at 198lb been dosing mk again. Only running Ursa and Helios. Gonna save everything else for pct later on.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
105 Dumbell Row = Nice !!

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Shoulder day and I switched it up a little. Went back to a very high incline before hitting seated military. Weights felt pretty light for the most part. Last sets on both were heavy but I had more in the tank. I just wanna get a good feel for what to set my 1rm at going into this next wave. I did some Viking presses afterward, I’m only accounting for the weight in plates there’s probably another 25lb with axle and attachment but whatever. These felt awesome! I bought a single arm Viking attachment that I think I used once so I did some burn out sets with it after the traditional Viking presses. Ended with facepulls using cables and rope attachment, my shoulders are smoked. I feel great it’s a good day haha.

Very high incline
10x95
8x135
6x155/165
5x185x2
3x205

Military press
8x135x2
5x155
3x175x3

Viking press(axle bar+attachment)
10x50/100
6x145
3x190

Single handle Viking press
10x25x3

Facepulls
50 reps
IMG_9322.JPG

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Leg day, completely pain free. I didn’t go overboard and felt very comfortable the whole time.

New wave of 5/3/1 starts Monday. I think I’ll go with a 75-80% 1rm on bench and military. I’m
going to set the 1rm much lower on Squats. I’m also going back to rackpulls for a few weeks instead of dead’s.

Im done with Ursa Major as of yesterday. I’ve decided to start dien/hdrol/3ad on Monday. It’s a week earlier then I had planned, however I have a vacation planned for September 26 so I will be done or almost done pct by the time I leave. I’m really excited for this run and I have all bases covered.
Leverage squat warmup
10x45ea x3

Squat
10x135x2
8x185
5x225/245
3x275x2
6x225

Reverse leverage squat
10x45ea x2
8x 90ea
6x115ea

Leverage squat
6x 115ea
5x 135ea x2

Leverage lunges

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man, I’m admittedly excited to see what this next cycle does for you. I think you’re going to explode (in a good way).

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 1
Ok the day has come and I’m pretty excited about it. Thanks to everyone that has guiding my decisions leading up to this run. Here goes nothing. This is go to be the protocol for the next 8wks, however I’m sitting on a lot of dien so who knows what’ll happen.
Hdrol
50/75/75/75/75/50/50/50
Dark side reign
0/0/0/0/day 36 25hdrol 15sdrol
Day 50 50hdrol 30sdrol
Dienogen week 1 75mg
Week 2-8 100mg
Td 3ad 50mg 8wks

Today was bench day. I’ve decided to run 3/5/1 FSL with training maxes much lower than before. I’m really trying to avoid injury and focus on volume more than chasing a 1rm. For example if I bench 275x10 I’ll be much happier than hitting 335 for 1. Session went great and even though Monday is the hardest day of the week it felt great. The pump I have right now is ridiculous. I’ll be dosing everything upon waking because well it works for me. I’ve attached some day 1 pics for future reference. Let’s get it!

Bench
3x 105/130/155/180/205
8x235
5x180x2/10x180/ 5x180

Incline
8x135x4
6x185
4x205x2

Supinated CG db press
8x45x3

Overhead cable tricep extensions
50 reps
IMG_9348.JPG
IMG_9350.JPG
IMG_9353.JPG

@Hyde @ANABOLICWRWLF @Renew1 @Marne40 @Rad83 @ZOO @nostrum420 @xR1pp3Rx@whiskey @BennyMagoo79

Last edited: