Lifting after triple bypass heart surgery, gonna show you how its done!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Anyone know his real name?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know his real first name, not gonna share on the board as he wants it to remain private. I believe some vendors here have sent him some supplements to log, they must have some info...

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know his real first name, not gonna share on the board as he wants it to remain private. I believe some vendors here have sent him some supplements to log, they must have some info...
He had the Blight log that was sponsored by Vicious Labs. Not sure who the rep is, but that's some good thinking there Jeff

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think everyone should tag @ZOO as many times as possible in this thread. No pressure @ZOO .

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He had the Blight log that was sponsored by Vicious Labs. Not sure who the rep is, but that's some good thinking there Jeff
Thanks, my mom would be proud.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went back to the pics at the beginning of this thread. His gown says La Costa, and +595 21 217 1717 is the phone number for
the La Costa hospital in Asuncion Paraguay
Would the first name be enough to maybe find out Jeff?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I went back to the pics at the beginning of this thread. His gown says La Costa, and +595 21 217 1717 is the phone number for
Whoa great detective work. Doubt they will even tell you if he is admitted or not

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Whoa great detective work. Doubt they will even tell you if he is admitted or not

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, that was scary smart. Nice job. I doubt they will give out info - or transfer to some random person? I also hope I remember his real name correctly, haha.

Your little trick made me go through some of his photos and look for exif data that may give a location....but I struck out. I am guessing the website strips the data during upload?

On some level, not sure how ethical it is to hunt him down either if he is OK....not saying my mind hasn't gone full stalker though....ethics be damned.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As a group we could go through every photo of every gym in Paraguay until we find one that matches the photos up here for HGP's gym. haha.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You guys are probably right. I was thinking maybe the privacy laws weren't as strict in Banana Land.

I am a little concerned though. If everything's fine with him, I might just pay him a visit and kick him square in the sack. I'll just need 4 or 5 of you guys to hold him for me. (And don't let up until I'm back home)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He did give me his Skype once and I don't Skype so I left it for later andthen deleted by accident. Glad JTMass is smarter than me.

It did occur to me that maybe, like a druggie's friends, we may be a bad influence in his life and he may have realized that and decided to disconnect.

In other words, Hairygrandpa comes here to get motivation to train - and in this context maybe he realized that isn't so great.

Usually our best trait and our worst trait are the same trait.

Hope my optimism is proven right.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also, I was discussing this with my gf and she asked, "Wouldn't someone go on and let you guys know if he had an issue?"

I thought about it and asked her, "Really? If I died would you go on Anabolic Minds and tell them? It would be easily over looked I think."

She said, "That is one of your favorite places in the world and you talk about those guys all the time, of course I would."

So, my take away is, if anyone cares, she has you covered. But she won't be as upset as HGP's family apparently.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It did occur to me that maybe, like a druggie's friends, we may be a bad influence in his life and he may have realized that and decided to disconnect.

In other words, Hairygrandpa comes here to get motivation to train - and in this context maybe he realized that isn't so great.

Usually our best trait and our worst trait are the same trait.

Hope my optimism is proven right.
The same thought crossed my mind, in that he felt he had to separate himself from the temptation that comes along with participating in the forum and the memories of his former self before the event. However, we were all trying to influence him to slow things down and show restraint ever since his surgery and supporting all that. Then he was really getting into discussing cardiovascular health supplements and such. Can’t be sure where his mind actually was though I guess..

I also think about how during a time of crisis (for lack of better term)- when he had the heart attack and was facing surgery- he did take the time to log on and announce that fact. This tells me that he does place value in letting people know what’s going on in his life and/or forewarning about his absence at that time.

This time, it’s completely out of the blue with no explanation at all. We can only hope that one of these days he pops back in with an outrageous story we can all laugh about!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No luck.. tried calling. But it shows it’s been days since he logged into Skype. I hope he’s okay and just taking a break from all this.
Do you know when the last time he was on Skype was? If it is a couple days after he last was on this site, I think that would suggest he didn't just disappear...he decided to go away from this for a couple days and was at least still around a few days later when he skyped. At least in theory, unless his wife or someone used his Skype.

The same thought crossed my mind, in that he felt he had to separate himself from the temptation that comes along with participating in the forum and the memories of his former self before the event. However, we were all trying to influence him to slow things down and show restraint ever since his surgery and supporting all that. Then he was really getting into discussing cardiovascular health supplements and such. Can’t be sure where his mind actually was though I guess..

I also think about how during a time of crisis (for lack of better term)- when he had the heart attack and was facing surgery- he did take the time to log on and announce that fact. This tells me that he does place value in letting people know what’s going on in his life and/or forewarning about his absence at that time.

This time, it’s completely out of the blue with no explanation at all. We can only hope that one of these days he pops back in with an outrageous story we can all laugh about!
I hope you are right and he comes back and is fine.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you know when the last time he was on Skype was? If it is a couple days after he last was on this site, I think that would suggest he didn't just disappear...he decided to go away from this for a couple days and was at least still around a few days later when he skyped. At least in theory, unless his wife or someone used his Skype.
If it's upto a week it will show the number of days you were off Skype. Beyond that the status only shows "Seen days ago". This is just my guess after looking at my other contacts status.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Everybody relax. People get busy and ghost from time to time. Nothing we can or should do for now.
No one did this to me when I left the forum for a year :,(

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No one did this to me when I left the forum for a year :,(
Yeah, I was gone for 6 months and I don't think anyone even wondered where I was haha. I do know people were at least asking about you when you were gone.

But we didn't have open heart surgery weeks before we ghosted....hesitate to use that word.

We are kind of acting like crazy ex-gf's who don't yet realize we are ex's yet.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Heard through the grapevine that HGP is fine guys he just needs a break from everything. He will be back.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Heard through the grapevine that HGP is fine guys he just needs a break from everything. He will be back.
For real? Reliable source? Did you vet them?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
So why dont they come on here and say that?

So weird...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Maybe hes at a week long rave with Spurfy....

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I get where he is coming from - a couple years ago when I was really dedicated to losing my weight finally - logging on here was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. Guys on here gave me so much support, motivation, accountability, etc. - and @hairygrandpa was one of my biggest fans. I got more out of my log than I put in, that's for sure and I don't want to appear ungrateful. But at some point, contributing to the log and keeping that momentum going became a real drain on other things in my life that were more important. I hung on for a while still because I didn't want to let anyone down, especially after everyone gave me so much. And after that didn't really work, I tried to end my logging and just participate in the board. And that didn't work and eventually I just stopped really coming on here for about 6 months.

I know others on here have gone through the same things...

And HGP has done this for YEARS. I wanna say he is coming up on 5 years of these logs soon. He has put a ton into it. Now he has more important things to focus on. I don't blame him for stepping away at all. As long as he is ok, I'm good with it and hope he comes back when he is ready.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hope "Stepping Away" is all it is !!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I hope "Stepping Away" is all it is !!
From what I told hes simply taking a break because he feels like he’s not welcome here/can’t contribute anything since he can’t workout

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
From what I told hes simply taking a break because he feels like he’s not welcome here/can’t contribute anything since he can’t workout
Well, whoever you talking to that knows him. You should pass along. How everyone feels to him.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don’t worry I have. HGP is stubborn though we all know that. But he will be back
Thanks man. I can't blame him if he is a little depressed. I hope he knows that he is welcome here. He is the heart of this board, IMO.

Tell him his workouts suck anyway - it certainly wasn't his working out that made us all love him.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tell him I expect to see a picture with a pink shower cap this time.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just hope HGP at least peaks in here and see's how much he is missed !

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear he is okay, sad to hear he feels he has nothing to offer. A sense of friendship is what I got from him on here more than anything else. I will be excited to hear from him when he is ready.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
How is HGP doing???

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hopefully chillin and getting better. Been a couple weeks, so of course folks will be nervous/worried.
Hoping for the best!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can't kill this mthr fckr... Diamonds are forged under pressure. In our darkest hardest moments the soul is faced with a choice to find a will and a way to fight or lay down and die. Out of adversity comes greatness and in the depths of despair areas of one's self that didnt exist become birthed to overcome adversity.

I think he's just experiencing some significant grieving that his life before all this has ended. What he's now left with is scattered pieces. You can still make it to shore on broken pieces from a wrecked ship. Every thing you need HGP is at your fingertips. Accepting life changing events and circumstances like this are not easy. Everyone handles them differently. I would be more likely to withdraw and find the answers within myself than lean on others for support. Some of my greatest strengths are also my greatest weaknesses. In that regard I believe me and HGP are very much alike.

Keep your head up, it'll come. Maybe not in your time or how youd expect it... But the answers will come.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can't kill this mthr fckr... Diamonds are forged under pressure. In our darkest hardest moments the soul is faced with a choice to find a will and a way to fight or lay down and die. Out of adversity comes greatness and in the depths of despair areas of one's self that didnt exist become birthed to overcome adversity.

I think he's just experiencing some significant grieving that his life before all this has ended. What he's now left with is scattered pieces. You can still make it to shore on broken pieces from a wrecked ship. Every thing you need HGP is at your fingertips. Accepting life changing events and circumstances like this are not easy. Everyone handles them differently. I would be more likely to withdraw and find the answers within myself than lean on others for support. Some of my greatest strengths are also my greatest weaknesses. In that regard I believe me and HGP are very much alike.

Keep your head up, it'll come. Maybe not in your time or how youd expect it... But the answers will come.
I'm gonna need some new waders that's some deep sh1t!! (In a good way)

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good to hear he is okay, sad to hear he feels he has nothing to offer. A sense of friendship is what I got from him on here more than anything else. I will be excited to hear from him when he is ready.
I share this sentiment.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Been almost a month since his last post...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
That made me cry just now...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm alive. Sorry for my absence, I'm "detoxing" from internet right now.
Healing got problematic. Had to fight wound infections and terrible pain in my back. Now getting better, after dropping questionable prescription meds and implementing my own regime.
One of the drainage tubes caused me an hernia above my solar plexus, (thank you, "professional" surgeon), and during surgery they apparently damaged nerves of the brachial plexus (either by overstretching my neck for intubation -or when they removed the artery for the graft), causing excruciating pain near my scapula in the back (thank you doctor).

I decided to get the hernia fixed, while I'm still recovering from heart surgery anyways. Hopefully this time they don't fukk up and do more harm.

All those "good news" curbed my enthusiasm and I'm not in the mood to follow up in here. Will be back in a few weeks after the hernia fix.