Leg pain after Covid

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I recently tested positive for Covid. I’m feeling much better and am tested negative now. However, I’m having some bad cramping/soreness in my legs. I haven’t trained legs in over a week. Anyone else experience this? I read it’s pretty common but just wondering how long it lasts?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I recently tested positive for Covid. I’m feeling much better and am tested negative now. However, I’m having some bad cramping/soreness in my legs. I haven’t trained legs in over a week. Anyone else experience this? I read it’s pretty common but just wondering how long it lasts?
This has been happening to me as well but with some activity. After I got better, the first day off quarantine I did my stairs 10 times throughout the day and me legs were jello. Since then, I seem to decondition very quickly and go through the jello legs again. It's happened 3 times I think in the past few weeks. I plan on starting actual weight training this week.

Although, I did the 4 flights of stairs test in 45 seconds exactly so I guess my general conditioning is still decent.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This has been happening to me as well but with some activity. After I got better, the first day off quarantine I did my stairs 10 times throughout the day and me legs were jello. Since then, I seem to decondition very quickly and go through the jello legs again. It's happened 3 times I think in the past few weeks. I plan on starting actual weight training this week.

Although, I did the 4 flights of stairs test in 45 seconds exactly so I guess my general conditioning is still decent.
What can you attribute it to?
Were you pretty sick?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What can you attribute it to?
Were you pretty sick?
I had just a few bad days, but it was very hard to eat so I lost 16 pounds. That's my guess. But I've also had some terrible hormone issues after trying to tweak my protocol so maybe it's that.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had just a few bad days, but it was very hard to eat so I lost 16 pounds. That's my guess. But I've also had some terrible hormone issues after trying to tweak my protocol so maybe it's that.
Ahhhh ... I see.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m hoping it’s just the fact that I haven’t been doing **** until today. I did do a push workout that went just fine. Legs are Tuesday so we shall see. It’s just weird .

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
might be best to treat it as if it's not covid related and just treat the symptoms. to me it sounds like maybe you need potassium?

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had bad leg pain post covid. Just in one spot. It was so bad one day, I was having to use my hands to put my leg in my car. Started taking gotu kola. Seemed to fix me up. I think mine was a circulatory system issue. Leg wasn't hot, but hurt like hell.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Back to normal? 'rona hits everyone different it seems. I went back to check my log when I had it to see what I did differently and how I recovered. I was on a massive vitamin regiment and bounced back very fast.

but my buddy who is an extremely athletic xfit coach needed about 6 weeks longer than I did to recover, and it didn't help that his recovery was also during his worst allergy season...

like mentioned before, I think i'd set the covid portion aside for now and treat the symptoms, build back into it. hope you are doing well-

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Back to normal? 'rona hits everyone different it seems. I went back to check my log when I had it to see what I did differently and how I recovered. I was on a massive vitamin regiment and bounced back very fast.

but my buddy who is an extremely athletic xfit coach needed about 6 weeks longer than I did to recover, and it didn't help that his recovery was also during his worst allergy season...

like mentioned before, I think i'd set the covid portion aside for now and treat the symptoms, build back into it. hope you are doing well-
All good now but it took a while

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is where I'm at. Whole body super weak, but legs even worse.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
losing 16 lbs in short time due to illness is pretty drastic, imo...in my entire lifetime i have never lost over 5-7 lbs due to illness and i'm 63.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
losing 16 lbs in short time due to illness is pretty drastic, imo...in my entire lifetime i have never lost over 5-7 lbs due to illness and i'm 63.
Yeah, very true. Maybe I was more ill than I thought.