Unanswered Lean Edge - Stimulant Free Fat Burner - 15 Active Ingredients

Muckl3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really looking forward to running this. There’s a few ingredients I would buy separately anyway but would cost a hell of allot more, I think the price is on point here.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So was looking back over some of my past stuff (I’m gearing up to cut again I believe and just looking at past positive experiences) and noticed that this is similar, but almost beefed up compared to Genius Burn which I had some solid results on. They use tons of branded ingredients so it’s not a surprise, it this stuff is cheaper by a decent margin and packs even more beneficial ingredients.

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
Paradoxine is standardized to 12.5% 6-paradol, correct? Isn’t only 50mg of that quite low? Shouldn’t it be at least 50% more to be comparable to the oft-referenced human study?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Paradoxine is standardized to 12.5% 6-paradol, correct? Isn’t only 50mg of that quite low? Shouldn’t it be at least 50% more to be comparable to the oft-referenced human study?
No that’s actually above the amounts used in the clinical studies (30mg and 40mg).

I’ve seen a bit of confusion about this recently. While you can take more (in each study they tested 100mg with no adverse effects) these amounts are the studied amounts. I contemplated making a thread about this since it’s popped up a decent bit lately, but basically we want 30mg or more of extract at 12.5% 6-paradol. The studies aren’t at 30-40mg of actual 6-paradol.

Hopefully I explained that and I understand that correctly (I could be wrong) and that it helps!

More info:

Last edited:
Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
No that’s actually above the amounts used in the clinical studies (30mg and 40mg).

I’ve seen a bit of confusion about this recently. While you can take more (in each study they tested 100mg with no adverse effects) these amounts are the studied amounts. I contemplated making a thread about this since it’s popped up a decent bit lately, but basically we want 30mg or more of extract at 12.5% 6-paradol. The studies aren’t at 30-40mg of actual 6-paradol.

Hopefully I explained that and I understand that correctly (I could be wrong) and that it helps!

More info:
Gotcha. I just looked closer at the study, and I believe they’re saying the 95% ethanol extract only yielded about 5 mg of actual 6-paradol, correct? It’s just that the grains of paradise used in the study also contains other compounds such as 6-gingerol and 6-capsinoids, but I don’t believe they’re believed to be the compounds mostly responsible for the its intended effects... if I’m correct

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gotcha. I just looked closer at the study, and I believe they’re saying the 95% ethanol extract only yielded about 5 mg of actual 6-paradol, correct? It’s just that the grains of paradise used in the study also contains other compounds such as 6-gingerol and 6-capsinoids, but I don’t believe they’re believed to be the compounds mostly responsible for the its intended effects... if I’m correct
Yes that should be correct.

The study with 40mg would lead to 5mg if 6-paradol.

6-paradol currently appears to be the one of most interest, due to animal studies showing its effects on thermogenesis and BAT, which is why that standard (I believe) was chosen for the human studies.

There may be effects of the components (such as gingerol), but if you are worried about missing the benefits due to missing these other components then Paradoxine should be the go to as far as extracts as it is standardized to use the exact same composition of components.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In regards to international shipping, the shipping plugin on the website should give prices for USPS and UPS. It appears that the USPS part of the plugin is not working so you are limited to seeing the UPS pricing at this time. All anyone has to do until the USPS portion is fixed is to pm me or email me and I'm glad to get you a shipping quote.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is everyone really sold on this product? Not bashing, just not sure if I see this being that much of a difference maker. Hope I'm wrong because I am sure I will buy 2 bottles to try. Only thing new to me is the GBB?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Is everyone really sold on this product? Not bashing, just not sure if I see this being that much of a difference maker. Hope I'm wrong because I am sure I will buy 2 bottles to try. Only thing new to me is the GBB?
New? there's not many "new" parts to this simply because we wanted to ensure properly dosed, clinically studied, effective ingredients. I don't think there is a more comprehensive/proven-ingredient-effective (not sure how else to put that ha) non-stim burner on the market (but am open to hearing about one if you think you know one or more!)

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not disagreeing on any front. Think the GBB is new to my usage. Maybe not. I do agree a ton of ingredients. If we are going to discuss this well CLA 1000mg total everyone will agree a waste. But maybe every ingredient added up this is good? Like I said sure I will purchase because I buy everything SNS/CEL. Continue discussion.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Don't take me wrong, I'm not being stand offish at all; I'm just surprised by your comment.

15 Active Ingredients
5 Licensed, Branded Ingredients
Clinically Researched Key Ingredients
Fully Transparent Dosing

The ingredients used in this product and especially at the dosages used I've never seen used together in a supplement before. You would have to buy 2 to 3 products normally to get the ingredient combination used in Lean Edge.

All of this and Lean Edge is less expensive than many products that don't contain 1/3 of the active ingredients.

We never made the claim that anything in this product is new ingredient wise. The product combines some ingredients that I've never seen combined before and at a price point that I've never seen before, but this product was never about new ingredients. It was/is about delivering the absolute best product at a cost effective price.

A note about new ingredients & SNS:
As many of you know, there are different Series (basically different divisions) under the SNS line. It's not that we don't like new ingredients, but if we do something with new ingredients they are generally going to be under the SNS Baseline Series and presented in a way that - hey, here's something new and interesting that we've been asked for that we want to offer and here it is for the people that want to try it. For example, we have people throwing out suggestions in the 'What do you want to see from us thread' and there are some that I've never even heard of myself that we've been sourcing and will try to offer for the people that are interested. And in these cases, that's how we present it - no crazy claims, just hey, here's something new you guys (and gals) wanted to try. This approach allows us to do things for consumers that most companies won't because hey, let's be honest, sometimes new ingredients work out, sometimes they don't. This straight forward honest approach without over-hyping them allows us to make our customers happy and let them try new things but they're not buying into crazy claims because we're not making them.

We respect that while there are consumers that like to experiment with ingredients, most customers just want a product that works. And what's the best way to deliver that? By using ingredients that work. Period.

SNS respects that people work hard for their money want want to deliver top quality products at the absolute best prices. That's where the Health Series and Sports Nutrition Series come in. These series aren't about new ingredients, they are about combining ingredients that work (including a lot of clinically studied and licensed branded ingredients) and offering the absolute best products in their category/class at a cost effective prices. Over the company months you're going to see many new introductions into the SNS Health Series and Sports Nutrition Series and I think people are going to be very happy with how comprehensively formulated they are.

I hope that all makes sense.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not disagreeing on any front. Think the GBB is new to my usage. Maybe not. I do agree a ton of ingredients. If we are going to discuss this well CLA 1000mg total everyone will agree a waste. But maybe every ingredient added up this is good? Like I said sure I will purchase because I buy everything SNS/CEL. Continue discussion.
By your comment on CLA, I'm guessing that you may have missed where we addressed that in the ingredient write up?

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) is a naturally occurring essential fatty acid that is included in a lot of popular weight loss products. While human studies have shown modest weight loss benefits with CLA supplementation, unfortunately some companies have promoted CLA as being a miracle ingredient that led to some false expectations that no ingredient could live up to.

Lean Edge includes CLA as a nice addition to its formula but does not express any of the outlandish claims made by some companies about CLA and does not agree with companies making those types of claims. Instead, Lean Edge includes CLA as additional ingredient on top of its already comprehensive stellar formula for extra potential fat loss benefits.

While the debate about CLA continues to go on on the forums and places like that, CLA is a very popular ingredient and has been for over 10 years. We obviously can't fit 3 grams in a product because of space constraints but we can provide a good dosage for people that are interested in seeing it in their fat loss product; and CLA is in most of the best selling fat loss products on the market. If you don't like it and choose to ignore it, the formula is great without it.

My personal opinion on CLA is that many people miss one of the main reasons that there are discrepancies with some studies showing positive results and some not and that's the same reason that people disagree on its effectiveness for them personally and that's simply that its an ingredient that works well for some people and not as well for others.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I 100% agree ingredient and price point are unmatched with lean edge. Again I guess I need to purchase 2 bottles and then post my results. So your saying with a Maintenance diet I should see fatloss?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not gonna quote because that’s so long but I’ll just say that’s what I like about SNS.

They offer some cool things in isolation so that you can add them in or experiment with unique ingredients.

Their formulas though are very grounded (don’t mean that in a bad way). I think people get so caught up in wanting some new wonder ingredient all the time that works through some random novel pathway (again not always a bad thing) that they miss solid products full of quality ingredients and formulas.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I 100% agree ingredient and price point are unmatched with lean edge. Again I guess I need to purchase 2 bottles and then post my results. So your saying with a Maintenance diet I should see fatloss?
It’s physically impossible to do so, except if you perhaps perfect a carb cycle which also put you in a deficit lost of the time. You may lose some water weight and improve insulin sensitivity which may improve the scale but combine this with a deficit and it’s thermogenic abilities + proven, studied , high quality ingredients shown to aid in fat loss and it’s definitely going to aid in fat loss. Most fat burners that are this comprehensive on the market are $50+

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s physically impossible to do so, except if you perhaps perfect a carb cycle which also put you in a deficit lost of the time. You may lose some water weight and improve insulin sensitivity which may improve the scale but combine this with a deficit and it’s thermogenic abilities + proven, studied , high quality ingredients shown to aid in fat loss and it’s definitely going to aid in fat loss. Most fat burners that are this comprehensive on the market are $50+

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Going stim free and will be picking this up soon! Glad I stumbled upon this!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I respectfully disagree with it being impossible. I think its very possible to lose fat when on a perfect maintenance diet if you're taking something with strong thermogenic effects. The problem with a statement like that though is that the average person doesn't monitor every single thing they eat which makes the idea of 'maintenance' more of a myth than a reality. Even me, I'm pretty consistent but I'm not go to lie to myself or anyone else and say that my diet every single day is the same.

I also respectfully disagree/would like to elaborate on your last statement because I do not think there are or ever have been any other fat burners on the market that are this comprehensive. Although if there were, I do think they would sell for much more than 50.00.

Interesting tidbit from personal experience - I was dieting fairly strict for 6 to 8 weeks before we got these in. When my daughter had gotten out of school, my diet kind of slacked because well, life happens. Ironically I added this in around the same time and have leaned out to the point that people in day to day life (even the cashier at the grocery store) commented on it. So yes, I do think it has a very pronounced effect even when diet isn't perfect because it has for me.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ugh. I haven't had much time for this board lately with life going on...and this thread is why I should stay away. The original lean edge I could avoid because I respected it's "cover the basics" angle, it wasn't flashy at all. This is like chicken and broccoli with some teriyaki sauce. It's the basics, but the special sauce makes it exciting. Now I am getting an itch in my wallet.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also, stims are over rated. Great for appetite, well, some are - but you can't use them at night and that is when most of us over eat anyway.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not gonna quote because that’s so long but I’ll just say that’s what I like about SNS.

They offer some cool things in isolation so that you can add them in or experiment with unique ingredients.

Their formulas though are very grounded (don’t mean that in a bad way). I think people get so caught up in wanting some new wonder ingredient all the time that works through some random novel pathway (again not always a bad thing) that they miss solid products full of quality ingredients and formulas.
Great point .. I love the basics plus throwing in additional stuff.

Not in regards to this quote .. but just in general one thing I can say about SNS .. if other co’s were to release a product same as sns/cel I can almost guarantee that they would be more expensive.. sns has always priced well for its customers

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m doing 3 first thing AM and another 3 pre workout early afternoon

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How’s everyone dosing this?
I do 3 capsules 30 mins before first meal of the day and then 3 caps before a meal 4 to 6 hours later.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do 3 capsules 30 mins before first meal of the day and then 3 caps before a meal 4 to 6 hours later.
So the directions state to take the next dose spread throughout the day. Does that mean the next 3 capsules spread throughout the day? Because it doesn't sound like that's what you're dosing at.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So the directions state to take the next dose spread throughout the day. Does that mean the next 3 capsules spread throughout the day? Because it doesn't sound like that's what you're dosing at.
3 capsules twice per day.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3 capsules twice per day.

Placing an order tonight. I workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (besides pwo). Should i take my first dose before my workout or with my post workout meal ?

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sold on an overpacked, let’s not forget “stimfree fat burner”. Whether these work synergistically, or not, with all these ingredients, there is definitely a loss of quality.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not sold on an overpacked, let’s not forget “stimfree fat burner”. Whether these work synergistically, or not, with all these ingredients, there is definitely a loss of quality.

Lack of Quality is an issue that no SNS product has. Your really gonna say even if they work synergistically that’s quality is loss ?? So you would rather just have some of the ingredients?

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So you’d want a pixie dusted stim bomb product instead?

Plenty of those about..

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just wondering how there is a loss of quality? Just unsure what you mean.

That’s a lot to unpack in there just unsure what you are upset about, but would be glad to help.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This post is very confusing to me for a couple of reasons.

1) Are you insinuating that stimulant free fat loss products don't work? Because there are tons of studies on many stimulant free ingredients that show that they do - including L-Carnitine, Green Tea, Paradoxine, Capsimax, Rhodiola, Sensoril, etc.

2) You say 'overpacked' like its a bad thing? It really seems like you're almost complaining that there are too many active ingredients in this? It's not like we did a 15 ingredient prop blend and didn't dose things properly. We didn't sacrifice dosages of any ingredient just to add more; this product has 15 high end active ingredients including 5 licensed branded ingredients all at or above their clinically studied dosages; and the non-branded ingredients are very well dosed also.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I don’t think we’re gonna be able to argue with that post ha... seems just an ignorant general statement not even directed at specific ingredients or actual fact

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t think we’re gonna be able to argue with that post ha... seems just an ignorant general statement not even directed at specific ingredients or actual fact
I don't want to put him down in any way. I'm not sure if he meant it in a different way than it came off or if he maybe just glanced at how many ingredients there were and assumed they weren't dosed properly. I'm legitimately confused bc it is dosed at or above the studied dosages for the majority of the ingredients that are in there. And for things like L-Carnitine, the dosage range is typically 1 to 2 grams per day; we went with a 1 gram dose on this because adding more would have required going above 6 total capsules per day and we didn't want to do that, but most products only use 500 mg. so Lean Edge is double those.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m always on the hunt for a new stim free fat burner as I love my pre workouts. Currently going to finish my 3rd bottle of thermo-vol and I must say, I’m skeptical if there’s anything better out there for that overall recomp effect.
Howd you like thermovol? That hefty dose of grains of paradise intrigues me

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Finishing my third bottle. It was good overall but a little too pricey for me. I did just order a bottle of lean edge to throw in with anabolic effect.
I think that’s going to be an awesome stack.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finishing my third bottle. It was good overall but a little too pricey for me. I did just order a bottle of lean edge to throw in with anabolic effect.
That would stack well .. I’m unfamiliar with thermo and how much it costs .. lean edge can be found 2 for $60 with 10% off