abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Train other body parts less and focus on lagging ones.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Train them harder not just more.

paolo78

Awards
It's strange because I am predominantly left sided. Footed/handed
Yet my right side appears better developed.
Don't seem to get the same pump from curls leg press calf raise etc

Cheers for your posts

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is because your left side is more coordinated. Your right side has to work harder. I notice this with my calves.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
More unilateral work and increased frequency.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's strange because I am predominantly left sided. Footed/handed
Yet my right side appears better developed.
Don't seem to get the same pump from curls leg press calf raise etc

Cheers for your posts
The majority of people are this way. Unless you make a concerted effort to use both sides of your body in everyday activities the same, symetry will be slightly off. I've been having to make sure I carry my 1 year old son equally on both arms. I usually carry him on my right side and my right arm is noticebly smaller when I flex.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Can't beat unilateral training. Briefcase deadlifts worked wonders on my glute and hams

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Try switching to dumbbell exercises where possible. Over time it should help to even out your development.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
The majority of people are this way. Unless you make a concerted effort to use both sides of your body in everyday activities the same, symetry will be slightly off. I've been having to make sure I carry my 1 year old son equally on both arms. I usually carry him on my right side and my right arm is noticebly smaller when I flex.
Savvy observation, sir. When my children were of the carrying age I tended to carry them with my left arm. To this day my left arm is considerably smaller than my right arm HOWEVER, my left arm is noticeably stronger than my right arm. Kinda ridiculous.

To the OP - Some of us are just blessed with ridiculous symmetry. Some of us are not. Consider the study that found that women are more attracted to men (even without them knowing it) who have the most symmetry in their faces (I think I recall that Tom Brady's left and right side were around 96 percent the same). Likely you're one of the few who actually notices that you're asymmetric to any large extent. I broke a collar bone when I was 6 and the two sides of my upper half (from the breaking/healing point) couldn't be more different. Nobody notices unless I point it out. Peace, man!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your dominant side is more coordinated. The other side has to work harder to do the same tasks. Which is why it is larger.