ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have 500g L Carnitine L Tartrate coming in.

Going to take a minimum of 4g, and upwards to 6g a day.

Is it okay to take it all at once, or would splitting it up into 2 or 3 doses be more optimal? (I do understand it is best consumed with simple carbohydrates)

The goal primarily is an increase in androgen receptor density. I do understand that Carnitine can improve insulin sensitivity, using fat for fuel, and muscular recovery.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why not split it up? I like 2-3g in the AM on days I take it, or intra workout, but I don’t see the harm in splitting it.

Also, do you get any from your diet that should be factored in? Priceplow used to pretty consistently push that it was most useful for those who were already carnitine deficient

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why not split it up? I like 2-3g in the AM on days I take it, or intra workout, but I don’t see the harm in splitting it.

Also, do you get any from your diet that should be factored in? Priceplow used to pretty consistently push that it was most useful for those who were already carnitine deficient
Doing some studying on the topic, diet alone will not produce the effects of androgen receptor upregulation, or the other benefits I'm looking for. I did some more studying. One can inject L Carnitine, and get carnitine levels in muscle saturated, or one can take oral carnitine, in conjunction with a high carbohydrate meal, and have saturated carnitine levels in the muscle in about 100 days (allegedly).

Since L Carnitine L Tartrate is not straight L Carnitine, after doing homework, I have a dosing protocol I'll attempt. 5g post workout with my breakfast, and then 5g before bed with my dinner. Doing so apparently provides an incredible recomp effect, androgen receptor upregulation, better muscle recovery, better muscular endurance, and better pumps. From what I've read, anytime l carnitine was underwhelming in terms of effect, it was taken in incorrectly, at a low dose, or without sufficient carbohydrates.

luckuyguy

Awards
You might want to check your tartaric acid intake, from what I remember LD50 is not very high in humans

luckuyguy

Awards
You might want to check your tartaric acid intake, from what I remember UL is not very high in humans

luckuyguy

Awards
You might want to check your tartaric acid intake, from what I remember UL is not very high in humans

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Doing some studying on the topic, diet alone will not produce the effects of androgen receptor upregulation, or the other benefits I'm looking for. I did some more studying. One can inject L Carnitine, and get carnitine levels in muscle saturated, or one can take oral carnitine, in conjunction with a high carbohydrate meal, and have saturated carnitine levels in the muscle in about 100 days (allegedly).

Since L Carnitine L Tartrate is not straight L Carnitine, after doing homework, I have a dosing protocol I'll attempt. 5g post workout with my breakfast, and then 5g before bed with my dinner. Doing so apparently provides an incredible recomp effect, androgen receptor upregulation, better muscle recovery, better muscular endurance, and better pumps. From what I've read, anytime l carnitine was underwhelming in terms of effect, it was taken in incorrectly, at a low dose, or without sufficient carbohydrates.
This is interesting stuff. I considered L Carnitine during a recomp but was put off by all the negative reviews i came across, so if your dosing protocol works...could be a game changer.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I remember the best dosing would be 4g preworkout for androgen receptor density. Check posts from @mr.cooper69

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If I remember the best dosing would be 4g preworkout for androgen receptor density. Check posts from @mr.cooper69
I found some of his posts. Did not see too much detailed info from past L Carnitine posts. I do know LCLT is the preferred carnitine source. I have that. I do know it should be taken with carbs, and from what I've seen, over 60g simple carbs; and even better absorption into muscle if there is fat included. With that in mind, since I workout directly after waking up, I probably only get around 20g of sugar with my pre workout, whether that be coffee, or a pre workout powder. For those that can get over 60g sugar before their workout, it looks like they should dose pre workout. Since I'm getting more carbs post workout, and I'll have the advantage of better insulin sensitivity, it appears that taking it post workout would be more optimal.

But thanks everyone for the thoughts, suggestions, and posts. As of late, it looks like L Carnitine is gaining some traction again, and with people finding out the reason it did not provide results is due to it mainly being under dosed.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been looking into this as well for the same reasons. I don't believe you need to go that high. At that amount b careful for tmao. Use allicin to help with this issue. 3G seems sufficient

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If I was dosing that high, I suppose I would split them.

I enjoyed 3 g preworkout with or without carbs. Seems to have a notable effect on DOMS at the very least.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If I was dosing that high, I suppose I would split them.

I enjoyed 3 g preworkout with or without carbs. Seems to have a notable effect on DOMS at the very least.
From what I've seen, 4g of actual carnitine is a good dose. To get that, believe I'll have to dose 6g LCLT. So I could split the dose, consume each dose with carbs.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'll add, the reasoning behind the dose being 4g of straight carnitine, not LCLT is due to how it is injected. The minimum suggested injectable dose is 400mg. To get the same orally one would need about 4g carnitine due to it's low oral bioavailability.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Carb is needed for carnitine but I don’t believe carb is needed for lclt specially for the purpose you want to take it.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
View attachment 202778
Hello guys,
If you looking forward to lose weight, bulk up, increase your muscle mass and want that body you are thinking of then Nutrigo Lab Mass is just what you need! It will help you grow stronger and bigger muscles and bring your workout results on an entirely new level within 4 weeks! It is available in two delicious new flavors as well for both Men and Women.
• Fast absorbing amino acids
• Stores glycogen much faster
• Muscle damage repair after heavy workouts
• Faster reaching of preset goals
• Effective growth of the muscle mass
• Effective growth of the muscle mass
https://nplink.net/7woge6i8
View attachment 202779
@Admin

Product spammer

Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'll add, the reasoning behind the dose being 4g of straight carnitine, not LCLT is due to how it is injected. The minimum suggested injectable dose is 400mg. To get the same orally one would need about 4g carnitine due to it's low oral bioavailability.
Why not inject? Do you any reputable brands sell injectable l carnitine?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why not inject? Do you any reputable brands sell injectable l carnitine?
there is a brand I thought about buying from, to inject, but they ship out of Australia. Was not wanting to spend almost 80 dollars, and wait a month or longer. I bought 500g of LCLT for 20 bucks, and it shipped priority. Unfortunately, it has not moved from the USPS hub, so it does not look like I am getting my product speedily like I wanted it to.

Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
there is a brand I thought about buying from, to inject, but they ship out of Australia. Was not wanting to spend almost 80 dollars, and wait a month or longer. I bought 500g of LCLT for 20 bucks, and it shipped priority. Unfortunately, it has not moved from the USPS hub, so it does not look like I am getting my product speedily like I wanted it to.
I’ve always been super intrigued by injectable l carnitine, never really found a solid place. I was hoping the popularity would pick up on AM. I may have to try what you’re purposing tho 🤔

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m planning on home brewing some L-carnitine and injecting 1-2g a day to see effects. I’ll keep you posted. Never brewed before but this one seems quite simple from my research.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m planning on home brewing some L-carnitine and injecting 1-2g a day to see effects. I’ll keep you posted. Never brewed before but this one seems quite simple from my research.
You going all out at that dose. 400mg is an effective dose injected. Maybe cap it at 1g a day injected.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You going all out at that dose. 400mg is an effective dose injected. Maybe cap it at 1g a day injected.
I’ve heard size matters with l carnitine dosing. I’m 6,”4 270lbs. Will prob load with 2g if no Sid effects then drop down to 1g. But yes I want to
Push the dose. Most guys seem to say the more the better and I want to find that sweet spot

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve heard size matters with l carnitine dosing. I’m 6,”4 270lbs. Will prob load with 2g if no Sid effects then drop down to 1g. But yes I want to
Push the dose. Most guys seem to say the more the better and I want to find that sweet spot
Go for it. I'd follow that log.