Kleen takes GLYCOSHIELD to The Battle of the Bulge! A sponsored GDA / Recomp Log!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will do, and yes that is what I was reading. Now that I think about it that is something I was aware of before but it just didn't click with me until reading it again. Then it was like Oh Duh... I didn't realize it has a nickname though. I also didn't realize there was a 2nd one that results in the same but is from someone actually going hypo in the middle of the night. Again same ending result, but different mechanism.

Reactive hypoglycemia?

You could potentially try a cortisol blocker (nothing too strong you dont want to drop too low.) too pre bed it may help as well.

berberine has that mild effect but may not be enough

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The info in this thread is out standing!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Reactive hypoglycemia?

You could potentially try a cortisol blocker (nothing too strong you dont want to drop too low.) too pre bed it may help as well.

berberine has that mild effect but may not be enough
I think they call it the Somogyi effect when due to overnight hypoglycemia. To me it seemed the same thing but seems to encompass if both reactive or simply not having enough carbs before bed causing low blood sugar. I just now read about it myself and don’t have much info, but that was the other name they mentioned if you want to check it out.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think they call it the Somogyi effect when due to overnight hypoglycemia. To me it seemed the same thing but seems to encompass if both reactive or simply not having enough carbs before bed causing low blood sugar. I just now read about it myself and don’t have much info, but that was the other name they mentioned if you want to check it out.
Do you have high triglycerides?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High triglycerides are an indicator of glucose storage in fat. And also can be high if your blood sugar levels are whacked.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have had High triglycerides as long as I can remember. I have a lot of fat for storage. my blood sugar has always been in the good range.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay so I read more on the Somogyio, that is as a result of going hypo at night due to exogenous insulin dosing being a little too high at night causing the person to go Hypo while they sleep and end up releasing glycogen from the liver.

So that effect has nothing to do with this this situation. Basically just experiencing the normal Dawn Phenomenon there.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
In! Looking to get a new BG tester soon :) glad you have so much info!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am contemplating a couple more tests. I want to see how well this does with a slower digesting carbohydrate also. So I am going to do a run with 1.5-2 cups of oats in the morning with a 1-2 tablespoons grass fed butter for a higher fat load and see how things go. Again I will test my fasting levels then test 1 and 2 hours post workout.

In order to get all of the data I need to span this over 3 days. That way my Build and Burn eating plan will not effect blood sugar levels due to being somewhat depleted on one of the days prior to testing and not on the 2nd. So since carbs alternate high and low I need to both tests after a Burn day so I am slightly depleted for both test.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I decided to pre load on carbs before last nights workout. So I took 2 caps GLycoShield about 2 hours before my workout, and then had some whey protein and 2 servings of Cream of Rice about 75 minutes before my workout.

This is the workout I did last night, it was all about the pump, and boy did I have a serious one!!!!

Last night was not an off night, and I am traveling this week, so I simply did not take it off. I decided I was going to hit upper body without stressing the elbow much at all. I did some triple set complexes of a lot of different things and even made some up stuff or modified other movements to target the areas I wanted without causing any undue elbow stress.

I would say most of the exercises were all done as pump sets in the 12-35 rep range, moving up in weights and pushing heavier throughout.

Effort level was kept high for all work sets!!! They were all taken close to failure, or into partial ROM before sets were stopped.

Pec Deck and Straight Arm Pull Downs were pushed from high rep ranges all the way down to 6-8 reps and then back up into the 15-25 rep range.

Shoulders were the main focus here follow by vertical pulling.

Warm Up - 3 songs worth calisthenics and Dynamic Stretching
Banded Triceps / Biceps / and forearm warm ups - 5 minute circuit of various movements getting even more blood into the elbow...

Trap Bar Shoulder Press 45x25, 95x20, 115x3 - elbow barely tweaked, but I called it off there. No need to risk anything...

Wide Grip Barbell Upright Row - Bar x30 x2 sets

This next part was really kind of a never ending complex were i added movements in and out while keeping the lat pull downs in the whole time as the vertical pulling was left out on deadlift day. Rather than be to technical about order or anything else I am just going to post up the different exercises, approximately how many sets of them I did during the circuit as well as rep ranges and style used. I would say during this "rest periods" were 15-30 seconds between movements if even 30.

Straight Arm Lat Pull Down 8-10 sets - were pushed from high rep ranges all the way down to 6-8 reps and then back up into the 15-25 rep range.
Machine Lever Upright Row - Prone grip - Handles positioned Centerline of body - 3 sets rep ranges 15-30
Pec Deck - 6 sets - - were pushed from high rep ranges all the way down to 6-8 reps and then back up into the 15-25 rep range.
Machine Lever Upright Row - Supinated grip - Handles positioned Centerline of body - 3 sets rep ranges 15-30
Rope Triceps Ext 6 sets 12-25 reps
Machine Lever Upright Row - Wide Neutral grip - Grabbing outside of handles - Handles positioned Centerline of body - 3 sets rep ranges 15-30

Empty Barbell Curls - 5 sets almost to failure - bottom half only, constant tension - (going beyond 90 put pressure on the elbow in the fully supinated position.)

You don't see a lot of obvious biceps work here but both the Supinated and Wide Neutral Grip Upright Rows worked both the biceps and brachialis quite well the way they were performed. On all of those I found an excellent angle to work the medial and rear delts, and each grip worked them at a slightly different angle.

I finished off with a little improvised Sling Shot Delt work that just fried my shoulders!!! About 30 seconds rest between sets here.

SlingShot Pull Aparts - 4 sets performed until ROM got very small- talk about a way to add maximum tension to a band pull apart!!! Brutal work on rear delts!
Slingshot Medial & Rear Delt Raises - 6 sets performed until ROM got very small - I set myself up in the slingshot with my arms down at my side, the top of the slingshot was around my zyphoid process. From there crunched down my abs, and then I raised my arms out to the side as far as possible, working the angle of the pull to really focus on medial delts but the entire yoke was involved! This might be my new finisher for delts when working out at home! Just phenomenal!

I was so pumped by the end of this workout it almost hurt in a few areas. Everytime I use the Glycoshield pre workout with some carb the pumps are definitely better and start from my warm up sets!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm Tired Reading That Workout !!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not according to my latest bloodwork, I think it was upper end of normal why?
Potentially causing some sort of resistance of some sort potentially. Usually its BBB for leptin which as you know has other affects in which it aids with fat burning and glucocortricoid and catecholamine secretion/regulation

MEANING if you take glyco shield, you should see a slowdown of these sugar problems of hypoglycemia over time and overall due to the normilization of these processes IMO i still feel you should try a pre bed dose

Adding a choline and an ALCAR may help clear that as well.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I decided to pre load on carbs before last nights workout. So I took 2 caps GLycoShield about 2 hours before my workout, and then had some whey protein and 2 servings of Cream of Rice about 75 minutes before my workout.

This is the workout I did last night, it was all about the pump, and boy did I have a serious one!!!!

Last night was not an off night, and I am traveling this week, so I simply did not take it off. I decided I was going to hit upper body without stressing the elbow much at all. I did some triple set complexes of a lot of different things and even made some up stuff or modified other movements to target the areas I wanted without causing any undue elbow stress.

I would say most of the exercises were all done as pump sets in the 12-35 rep range, moving up in weights and pushing heavier throughout.

Effort level was kept high for all work sets!!! They were all taken close to failure, or into partial ROM before sets were stopped.

Pec Deck and Straight Arm Pull Downs were pushed from high rep ranges all the way down to 6-8 reps and then back up into the 15-25 rep range.

Shoulders were the main focus here follow by vertical pulling.

Warm Up - 3 songs worth calisthenics and Dynamic Stretching
Banded Triceps / Biceps / and forearm warm ups - 5 minute circuit of various movements getting even more blood into the elbow...

Trap Bar Shoulder Press 45x25, 95x20, 115x3 - elbow barely tweaked, but I called it off there. No need to risk anything...

Wide Grip Barbell Upright Row - Bar x30 x2 sets

This next part was really kind of a never ending complex were i added movements in and out while keeping the lat pull downs in the whole time as the vertical pulling was left out on deadlift day. Rather than be to technical about order or anything else I am just going to post up the different exercises, approximately how many sets of them I did during the circuit as well as rep ranges and style used. I would say during this "rest periods" were 15-30 seconds between movements if even 30.

Straight Arm Lat Pull Down 8-10 sets - were pushed from high rep ranges all the way down to 6-8 reps and then back up into the 15-25 rep range.
Machine Lever Upright Row - Prone grip - Handles positioned Centerline of body - 3 sets rep ranges 15-30
Pec Deck - 6 sets - - were pushed from high rep ranges all the way down to 6-8 reps and then back up into the 15-25 rep range.
Machine Lever Upright Row - Supinated grip - Handles positioned Centerline of body - 3 sets rep ranges 15-30
Rope Triceps Ext 6 sets 12-25 reps
Machine Lever Upright Row - Wide Neutral grip - Grabbing outside of handles - Handles positioned Centerline of body - 3 sets rep ranges 15-30

Empty Barbell Curls - 5 sets almost to failure - bottom half only, constant tension - (going beyond 90 put pressure on the elbow in the fully supinated position.)

You don't see a lot of obvious biceps work here but both the Supinated and Wide Neutral Grip Upright Rows worked both the biceps and brachialis quite well the way they were performed. On all of those I found an excellent angle to work the medial and rear delts, and each grip worked them at a slightly different angle.

I finished off with a little improvised Sling Shot Delt work that just fried my shoulders!!! About 30 seconds rest between sets here.

SlingShot Pull Aparts - 4 sets performed until ROM got very small- talk about a way to add maximum tension to a band pull apart!!! Brutal work on rear delts!
Slingshot Medial & Rear Delt Raises - 6 sets performed until ROM got very small - I set myself up in the slingshot with my arms down at my side, the top of the slingshot was around my zyphoid process. From there crunched down my abs, and then I raised my arms out to the side as far as possible, working the angle of the pull to really focus on medial delts but the entire yoke was involved! This might be my new finisher for delts when working out at home! Just phenomenal!

I was so pumped by the end of this workout it almost hurt in a few areas. Everytime I use the Glycoshield pre workout with some carb the pumps are definitely better and start from my warm up sets!
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28990588

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Potentially causing some sort of resistance of some sort potentially. Usually its BBB for leptin which as you know has other affects in which it aids with fat burning and glucocortricoid and catecholamine secretion/regulation

MEANING if you take glyco shield, you should see a slowdown of these sugar problems of hypoglycemia over time and overall due to the normilization of these processes IMO i still feel you should try a pre bed dose

Adding a choline and an ALCAR may help clear that as well.
Oh I see what you mean. I had an interesting reading the other day when I felt like I was hypo about an hour or so after eating, but when I took my blood levels they were fine, right in the ranges they should be. So I started reading up on things and there is an adrenergic effect that has many of the exact same symptoms of going hypo but you are not actually hypo. I have a feeling this is what I have been experiencing and thinking is going hypo.

I no longer believe that I was going hypo overnight so much as just BG increasing due to cortisol and other stress hormones peaking during the waking process. Also, I have not been able to replicate that situation where BG climbed while faster 45 minutes after dosing Glycoshield. I think I may have taken a drink of my coffee in between meals or something, and it affected my BG levels slightly.

I have done a couple prebed doses but have not checked my BG upon waking after, but did feel I woke up a little tighter. So I will add that test to some others I have planned once my travels are over.

I don't really feel I am having any issues with sensitivity though, even without the Glycoshield my BG recovery is showing to be well in healthy ranges. Which is what was confusing me when I would feel hypo all the sudden. I can't find it now but I found some information on a state of feeling hypo while blood sugars were in a normal range but had dropped several points from their highest very quickly which create a pseudo hypoglycemic effect.

Either way I intend to do some more measuring when I get home next week. One of them will be a fasting test post pre bed dosing of Glycoshield just to see where I am there. I will also try fasting for 45 minutes post glycoshield dose while fasted and see if the numbers drop instead of climb. I really think I may have done some human error there so we shall see.

Thanks for this!

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
What was the end results buddy, I know glycoshield is great .
Do you mind sharing your end result?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What was the end results buddy, I know glycoshield is great .
Do you mind sharing your end result?
I would love to hear the results also