Kleen takes GLYCOSHIELD to The Battle of the Bulge! A sponsored GDA / Recomp Log!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First I want to thank chedapalooza / HPScience for choosing to send me a bottle of GLYCOSHIELD to try out! I am quite excited because it looks to be an improvement on what was already my #1 GDA that being Recompadrol.

This log will not be my normal training log. I will really focus more on the aspects of the GDA and Recomp effects in here. Stuff like pumps during workouts, length of pump after, vascularity improvements and of course to be thorough there will some blood sugar readings and what not.

I am not planning on taking progress pics until this coming weekend, but will be putting some up in here as soon as I take them and with each time I take them after while still doing this log.

I just looked and I do not have my blood testing strips so I need to go get some this week. Once I have them I will do some actual tests in different scenarios. One situation I am hoping to be able to incorportate is a jolt of carbs in the AM to start anabolism, but with a very quick return to fasting Glucose levels so that low carb high fat meals after get me back into fat burning mode quickly.

I am going to do a nice pump workout here shortly and am about to take 2 caps and then have 30g isolate and 1 pack of poptarts 20 minutes later and then workout about 30 minutes after. I will report if the pumps seem to be larger than I am used too. From what I got from recompadrol that is exactly what I expect.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Held for Final review and pics or stats

Pinned

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome intro. Glad to have you running this for us! pop tarts ??

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wouldn't miss it!
Really curious to see how this works. From what I have seen it looks promising for a someone who is fat like me but likes to eat and too damn old and lazy to cut my cals down enough to lose this fat.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In For The Ride!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wouldn't miss it!
Really curious to see how this works. From what I have seen it looks promising for a someone who is fat like me but likes to eat and too damn old and lazy to cut my cals down enough to lose this fat.
love the bluntness. so far multiple testers have been dropping weight with no changes to eating or training, and in some cases even adding calories and still losing weight, so yes, this would help

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like Donuts!!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for the possibilities. Only been cutting for a week and I'm already tired of it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hear ya !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In this!!
Awesome intro. Glad to have you running this for us! pop tarts ����
wouldn't miss it!
Following
In For The Ride!
love the bluntness. so far multiple testers have been dropping weight with no changes to eating or training, and in some cases even adding calories and still losing weight, so yes, this would help
I like Donuts!!
In for the possibilities. Only been cutting for a week and I'm already tired of it.
I hear ya !!
Welcome Everyone!!!

So yesterday I just did a lil pump work to test the effect Glycoshield had on the pump for me. I was not let down!

Hit upper body pump work doing one set of 15-25 reps @ RPE8 and then using the 5's into the hole method on my real Pump Work set.

A 5's into the hole set is doing 5 full rom reps then 5 partials, for a total of 25 full rom reps per set.

I did my normal occluded stretching afterwards and the skin was so tight around my delts and triceps were so full they didn't even move when I flexed them. My chest was pretty much the same way, and my lats had my arms flared like I was going to take off flying. Toward then end of my back work my forearms were so pumped grip started becoming an issue.

By the way this was not just from the poptarts pre, I also took in 50 grams whey and 88 grams of my powdered carb mix intra workout. This is my normal intra drink nutrition so not a big change from usual other than the GLYCOSHIELD

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had another great workout and resulting pump yesterday. Many of the roads were closed due to icing over so I bundled up, went to the garage and did 6 sets of 15 with the SSB 205 on the bar. I did the same carb loading prior to the workout, and same intra drink.

SSB Squat 155x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15 - I was quite winded by the end, and my legs were just full of blood. They were barely changing shape when I was flexing my quads they were so full of blood.

Occluded Quad Stretch

That was good enough for me, it was 25 degrees out and for this Texas adjusted boy that is plenty cold. Especially with the ridiculous humidity. My knuckles were hurting from holding onto the bar. So I was done once I got the squat work in. I am already feeling it a bit around my knees and at the top of the thigh.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had another great workout and resulting pump yesterday. Many of the roads were closed due to icing over so I bundled up, went to the garage and did 6 sets of 15 with the SSB 205 on the bar. I did the same carb loading prior to the workout, and same intra drink.

SSB Squat 155x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15 - I was quite winded by the end, and my legs were just full of blood. They were barely changing shape when I was flexing my quads they were so full of blood.

Occluded Quad Stretch

That was good enough for me, it was 25 degrees out and for this Texas adjusted boy that is plenty cold. Especially with the ridiculous humidity. My knuckles were hurting from holding onto the bar. So I was done once I got the squat work in. I am already feeling it a bit around my knees and at the top of the thigh.
Ice is the worst. we have been lucky. no precipitation while its been cold. Working out in the garage in the cold, you the man!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ice is the worst. we have been lucky. no precipitation while its been cold. Working out in the garage in the cold, you the man!!
Nothing compared to kenpoengineer and the temps he braves to get out there!!!!

Extreme temps are a sure fire way to increase mental toughness. You take a guy not used to Texas heat and humidity and make him work in it. He is probably going to the hospital that day if no one is watching his water intake. Check back a month or so later and he is far less effected and able to work in the heat much better.

Same with the cold, it can cause so much pain, and for me uncontrolled trembling... I have a BIG BACK and when that sucker starts to shiver bad it is a full body convulsion that can damn near render me useless. I shake so violently sometimes I can barely speak. Thank goodness I don't have much reason for being out in it for any period of time. I did not used to get cold at all. Could walk around in shorts and tshirt in the snow for a bit without much ado... Now, no way, @ 25 I was covered, with sweats, 2 shirts and a hoodie and was still freezing.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nothing to update right now, yesterday was an off day so no real carb intake to speak of.

Tomorrow I intend to go get myself some more tester strips for my glucose meter and see if I can't get some readings.

Dietwise I am changing a few things, I will be following more of an IF / CBL style diet on off days only having carbs pre-bedtime to power up for the following mornings lift.

During or following the lift I will take in a lump sum of carbs and then have one or two more meals including carbs early in the day and then not have carbs again until my evening meal if I decide to have more.

Basically making this a bit of a lifestyle type of diet for me which is where I am at mentally right now.
chedapalooza, if you have a specific test you want done in this scenario let me know.

Thoughts were pre workout baseline, post workout with aminos only intra, 1 hour post workout with 100g carbs via powders, 1-2 hours after last carb meal post workout. I would say a pre bed reading on nights I take in carbs in the evening but that is typically pretty close to bed time. However if it works out well to do so I will do one like this as well.

To get a decent judgement on how things go I will also do some post workout readings without GlycoShield so we can have a comparison of how quickly I return to baseline.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you’re going to CBL, I’d suggest you take 3 caps prior to the meal.

For BG testing you could do the following:

1) baseline reading
2) take 3 capsules
3)wait 30-40 mins (have found this to be the sweet spot for myself personally)
4) get a pre meal reading (should see a decent drop in BG from baseline)
5) eat
6) get reading about 10 minutes after your last bite of food
7) get another reading 2 hours post meal
8) 1 capsule at bed
9) get fasted morning reading

This should show how you respond and how the product works in a controlled CBL scenario.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In my own testing which is low carb, moderate fat, high protein, I saw a 10-12 point drop from steps 1-4 and then another 2-3 point drop at step 6. Why is this significant? Because despite me not personally eating starchy carbs, I take in over 200 grams of protein and 70g+ fat (intermittent fasting) in a single meal along with 20-30g carbs from green/fibrous vegetables. Corsolic acid has been shown in studies to block gluconeogenesis (conversion of protein to glucose) and my testing confirms that Glycøshield is effective in doing just that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you’re going to CBL, I’d suggest you take 3 caps prior to the meal.

For BG testing you could do the following:

1) baseline reading
2) take 3 capsules
3)wait 30-40 mins (have found this to be the sweet spot for myself personally)
4) get a pre meal reading (should see a decent drop in BG from baseline)
5) eat
6) get reading about 10 minutes after your last bite of food
7) get another reading 2 hours post meal
8) 1 capsule at bed
9) get fasted morning reading

This should show how you respond and how the product works in a controlled CBL scenario.
Sounds good to me.

In my own testing which is low carb, moderate fat, high protein, I saw a 10-12 point drop from steps 1-4 and then another 2-3 point drop at step 6. Why is this significant? Because despite me not personally eating starchy carbs, I take in over 200 grams of protein and 70g+ fat (intermittent fasting) in a single meal along with 20-30g carbs from green/fibrous vegetables. Corsolic acid has been shown in studies to block gluconeogenesis (conversion of protein to glucose) and my testing confirms that Glycøshield is effective in doing just that.
Just a question not arguing the point but is this after training that you are getting those readings? The reason I ask is that I don't really see gluconeogenisis being a big factor unless being in a worked state. Something has to be requiring the need for the blood sugar to call on gluconeogenisis, otherwise a previously fat adapted person at rest is simply going to be running off of fats and not eliciting a need for gluconeogenisis. Definitely not arguing the point, but more so broadening the lens we are looking at it from. By the way a great reason to have Corsolic Acid in there, well lots of reasons actually.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes—following training. My fast breaking meal is my post workout meal.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes—following training. My fast breaking meal is my post workout meal.
Very Nice!!!! I would be curious if you have the strips, can you check to see how deep you are in ketosis following your workout? Just curious on how fat adapted you are and would be curious if there were any correlations. IE deep ketosis may equal less need for gluconeogenisis.

I also assume you do not supplement aminos during your lift, or is that part of your protocol? Aminos would negate the need for gluconeogenisis because they are broken down into ATP with extreme efficiency. So the muscle can use them, and will.

Obviously these things are just considerations, and being deep into ketosis is never a bad thing when trying to lean up. However it could effect the amount the body needs to rely on gluconeogenisis to create ATP.

============================================================================================================

Last night I had a really nice Upper Body workout. I used a potentiating set up on the DB Incline Bench, then worked toward finding some rep ranges with the Rep Target System which I will also be incorporating into my programming to increase work density. I think this is one of the programs that Rocket3015 uses or was using for a while. Interesting that this is how I instinctively trained for a very long ime.

DB Incline Bench 50x5, 65x5, 80x5, 95x5, 105x5, 115x3

Hoist Lat Pull Down - 160x15, 180x16, 12, 7 = 35 reps

Hoist Shoulder Press 140x12, 210x11, 8, 4 = 23 reps

TBar Rows 90x15, 135x12, 9, 7 = 28 reps

Dips 31, 23, 17 = 71 reps

Incline DB Curls 25x18, 13, 9 = 40 reps

I was pumped and looking massive from this bad boy. I kept rest periods in the 60-120 second range most were closer to 60.

A little on the GlycoShield, the anecdotal evidence is in, pumps are definitely increasing with 2 caps about 30 minutes before I take my preworkout, and then start taking in my intra drink about 10 minutes later to allow carbs to get into the blood stream by the time my warm up is complete.

I have been following the workout with 2 caps to manage the 150 grams of carbs taken in the post workout window. No, I do not run 3-4 with this amount and probably will not when post workout. The intelligent use of this product is also going to take the post resistance exercise increase in insulin sensitivity into account. For me to go above 2 caps here would feel like a waste knowing that the exercise induced insulin sensitivity is a larger response than what one will get from any natural GDA that we know of. So I can save 2 caps for a different meal I need the assistance with.

Things of note, pumps come on incredibly quick right now, and seem to last longer. I feel a bit tighter in the morning after taking this but bodyfat level is not low enough for me to say it is obvious just yet.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use those rep ranges a lot, Yes!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use those rep ranges a lot, Yes!
Is it from the Massive Iron book or somewhere else you picked it up?

I just stumbled on the Massive Iron videos of him talking about some of it and the training sounded so much like what had worked for me before I wanted to try it out. Only thing is I don't know how to select the weights just yet so instead of picking a weight for the rep range I am picking a weight then finding out what my rep range is for that weight. Then I will choose my target rep number for that weight based off of that performance.

Trying to figure out how to go about rest periods but I think for now I will keep them between 1-2 minutes, going as soon as I feel I can put in another good set.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It was from an article in Muscle Media 2000 many years ago.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was from an article in Muscle Media 2000 many years ago.
I used to LOVE that magazine, now I love what has basically become the web version... IE T-Nation. I remember following them from MM2000 magazine, then following TC and Bill to testosterone.net, to when they changed it to T-nation. It sure has become a great resource so long as you don't get wrapped up in the supplement insistence. However their supps do work...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of my favorite ab routines also came out of that magazine

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would like to apologize to chedapalooza for the fact I have not had any readings in this log yet. I originally thought I just needed some strips for my meter, then when i got home to try them the meter wouldn't turn on so I thought I needed a battery. Now I got a battery and it looks like the stupid meter is just broken.

Since I promised I would have BG readings in here I will be purchasing another Glucometer but it will be after I get paid at the end of the month. Too many other purchases and other things gone on recently for me to run out now and get another one before then. Got to adhere to the household budget.

Anyway, I have continued using it before my workouts and the pumps have been pretty awesome even with lower rep workouts. Since I am not eating carbs at other times of the day this leaves me not using a lot of the product at this point. I think to show what the product can really do, once I get my glucose meter I will start using it on Build Days, where I may start introducing carbs in the AM to tip the insulin reactions toward being more anabolic throughout the day. That will give me some more testing times and make the log more valuable to other users.

I figure since I know enough about nutrition I can vary things as much as I want and still make progress if paying attention. Plus I am intrigued with some
of the others running this in a way that they are in a good surplus but are finding themselves losing weight.

Allhealsonme

Allhealsonme

Awards
  • Established
This product looks very interesting. I normally consume a high amount of carbs even when dieting...so it might be worth it to grab a few bottles. Also subbed.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would like to apologize to chedapalooza for the fact I have not had any readings in this log yet. I originally thought I just needed some strips for my meter, then when i got home to try them the meter wouldn't turn on so I thought I needed a battery. Now I got a battery and it looks like the stupid meter is just broken.

Since I promised I would have BG readings in here I will be purchasing another Glucometer but it will be after I get paid at the end of the month. Too many other purchases and other things gone on recently for me to run out now and get another one before then. Got to adhere to the household budget.

Anyway, I have continued using it before my workouts and the pumps have been pretty awesome even with lower rep workouts. Since I am not eating carbs at other times of the day this leaves me not using a lot of the product at this point. I think to show what the product can really do, once I get my glucose meter I will start using it on Build Days, where I may start introducing carbs in the AM to tip the insulin reactions toward being more anabolic throughout the day. That will give me some more testing times and make the log more valuable to other users.

I figure since I know enough about nutrition I can vary things as much as I want and still make progress if paying attention. Plus I am intrigued with some
of the others running this in a way that they are in a good surplus but are finding themselves losing weight.
Don’t sweat it brother, no worries waiting on BG. I am finding this same thing though in regards to surplus and weight loss.. I think that glycoshield is so strong that we really need to consider adjusting basal calories up at least 150-200 daily for the best results...

My mom uses the Shielded Stack and she texted me the other morning saying how she ate a bag of raisenettes and half a pint of ice cream in bed on Saturday night... woke up Sunday morning down 2 pounds and looked noticeably leaner and dryer, especially in her lower belly.

The pumps are probably one of my favorite aspects of glyco though... especially pre workout

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don’t sweat it brother, no worries waiting on BG. I am finding this same thing though in regards to surplus and weight loss.. I think that glycoshield is so strong that we really need to consider adjusting basal calories up at least 150-200 daily for the best results...

My mom uses the Shielded Stack and she texted me the other morning saying how she ate a bag of raisenettes and half a pint of ice cream in bed on Saturday night... woke up Sunday morning down 2 pounds and looked noticeably leaner and dryer, especially in her lower belly.

The pumps are probably one of my favorite aspects of glyco though... especially pre workout
Cool, and yeah the pumps from pre workout are pretty damn good. Like I was mentioning though, I feel like going to CBL immediately into this log will kind of cheat the log a bit. So I am also intending to incorporate some carbs into the Build Days as well. I will definitely be getting a new glucometer to do the testing though because I am very curious on it. Plus I want to start looking at how I respond to different types and levels of carbs around my workouts. Currently my intra workout carbs are 2/3 Maltodextrin, and 1/3 Dextrose. However sometimes I spring for HBCD and would like to actually test the differences between how I respond to them at some point. I already know the me and waximaise don't do too well as it clumps up in my gut.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a nice workout last night. Hit a full upper body workout. Did a mix of rep ranges and just had some fun with it. Oh yeah, I worked out in my garage, it is just too busy at the gym for me to deal with at this point. I have been taking Trinity to do classes she wants to do but other than that... the gym is just a bit too much. After the other day and arguing with some idiot I am just going to lift at home when the weather is good for it. Way too cold, or a hard rain, thats a big no! Only other reason will be if I need to go heavy on leg press or some other specific machine.

5-10 minutes LISS on Airdyne - 2.5 songs.

Body Weight Warm Up x 3 rounds with no breaks.

10 Overhead Squats
10 Ring Recline Rows
10 Push Ups
5 Burpees

Chins 10 8 6 = 24 - going to work this up to a 30 rep goal then add weights

Hex military 95x15 10 6 = 31 - moderate tempo for pump will go up to 35 with this then increase weight.

Bench 9 x 15 9 9 = 33 Going to bump up another weight plate on this one and then set a rep goal off of that performance. This was done for hitting the lengthened or stretched area of ROM since the handles can come back a little lower than the sternum on the machine

WG Pull downs 11 x 10 10 7 =27 - felt good, will go with a 30 rep goal here

Super Set
Straight arm pull down 4x 15 11 7 = 33
- What a burn on this one!!!! Even triceps were burning! Will stay here until 35 reps since the weight plates are a relatively big jump for this exercise.
Pec Deck 4 x 25 11 9 = 45 - What a Pump!!!! Will take this up another plate and see where that puts me.

Again the pumps were awesome, took the GlycoShield waited 30-40 minutes and had some rice about an hour before the workout. This time I was using LMNTRIX POST as my Intra drink, it has 30g of dextrose, 5g glutamine and I think 8g BCAA. I used 2 scoops in 48 oz of water with some extra aminos added in.

I really enjoyed it, the pump was fantastic and stayed with me for the rest of my waking hours. I finished up post workout with an isolate shake and a pack of Pop Tarts, then about an hour later had 8 oz chicken breast, and 2 cups of low fat Spanish rice. I finished all of that off with 4 cheddar and mozzarella cheese sticks right before bed to get fat content up a little for the day and keep protein trickling in overnight.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well last night it rained so the GPP didn't get done. It was raining pretty bad. However I did some more pumping work for a few areas that really shouldn't mess with me doing deads today.

My left elbow has been bitching lately so I decided to do some high rep and light reverse curls with the ez curl bar to start then decide where to go to hit medials, stimulate the biceps blood flow, fill up the triceps and rear delts a bit.

EZ Bar Reverse Curls - 30lbs 25-35 reps x 3 sets

Hex Bar Power Shrug - 95x SubMax x 5 sets - I really can't say enough for the amount of muscles this really works in the hex bar. Forearms Flexors Blasted... Biceps by the elbows Blasted, Medial Delts Blasted, Trap Pumped as hell!

Rope Extensions 2 plates 3 sets SubMax estimates total reps 60-75

OH French Press 45 x sub max RPE8 x2
OH French Press (kind of JM press style but overhead) 45 x 2 sets @ RPE8 - These may be my new go to for overhead triceps work. I just simply adjusted the motion to more of a close grip overhead press than an arching extension type motion. I lowered the french press to just behind neck in a vertical line then pressed the weight straight back up with more triceps like in a JM press. This seemed to apply just as much if not more stress to the entire triceps while keeping my shoulder out of that uncomfortable area it seems impinged in. I recommend this to anyone who seems to get a little unstable in the OH Triceps extension at the stretched portion, on the stretched portion of the pull over as well.

Band Pull Aparts = PGx30, SG=27, PGx30, SGx24
PG - Prone Grip, SG - Supinated Grip

Called it a day, or an evening. LOL Was just looking for some activity and to give dinner a better place to land.

Pump was looking beastly!

As for that dinner, well this was one of those times where lack of preparation lead to convenience temptation and a decision not based on what was best for my diet was made. That being said, I took my 2 caps of Glycoshield immediately post workout since there wasn't a ton of hard work to really deplete me. Then ate a total of 5 pieces of Digiorno Pizza. I am not sorry for it. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I followed that up an 30 minutes later with my signature pop tarts, then 2 hours later had 4 cheddar and mozzarella cheese sticks to keep the muscle fed throughout the night.

I woke up looking full, and I have to say that although my diet is more lifestyle right now that I am still making some progress in both muscle size and fat loss just gradually. That is okay, I am the one who said I wanted to relax and enjoy the process so that is what I am doing and am happy with things right now. I am hovering in the 214-218 range right now and slowly cleaning things up. Not worried if the scale goes up or down at this point if performance and what I am seeing in the mirror is positive.

Thus far today the diet has been very low carb, just a fast breaker a few hours ago with 1 tbls Red Palm Oil, 4 whole omega eggs, 6 oz 97/3 ground turkey and 2 slices of 2% swiss cheese covered in spicy mustard.

So about 82 protein, 83 fats and 10 carbs and 1115 calories.

About to have a double breasted, grilled chicken breast sandwich from Burger King then let that settle in for about 90 minutes and then take 2 Glycoshield. I will also start sipping carb powder and pre workout about 30 minutes later then go in and just crush dead lifts then maybe more lats or whatever else I am pushing more frequency in. Maybe even just a pumper for the rest of the body who knows...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dead lifts went well the other day, my benching session was not that great Monday, but the pumps were!!!!

I got paid today so I will be picking up a new glucometer between now and Saturday morning so I can take some morning fasting readings, and start my testing out.

I took yesterday as a rest day, my lower back and hamstrings still needed a day to recover for me to get in a good leg day. Since doing workouts more at home again I will be doing more squatting and for that I need my lower back in full cooperation. Also I have been beating my elbow up and shoulder was giving me a bit of an issue with pressing yesterday I just feel like maybe an EOD lifting session might be in order here. That way I get in 3 lifts one week and 4 the next and so on. Plenty of rest and what not. I may add in some calisthenics and mobility on off days.

I seem to be slimming up around the waist again. I have not been on the scale but in general my waistline is slimming back up front to back anyway. Shoulders, Arms and Legs all seem to be holding on to the size right now too. I really haven't changed diet all that much so some this has to do with me starting the Glycoshield recently.

My carb consumption is still right around my workout and I have been playing with dosing around this time to see what type of differences I notice.

I decided to just have my normal carbs before and throughout my workout. Start sipping on my intra when I go outside to warm up, then get on with the weights. It definitely took a bit longer for the pump to set in. Yes it did set in very full once set in but I was a little further into the workout then normal. Lately I have been PUMPED by the time I am done with my movement specific warms ups for the first movement. This time it took into a few work sets to really get that pumped feeling.

Alternatively post workout I drank my normal carbs which got me up to about 150g of carbs, then waited about an hour and had 2 caps of Glycosheild and then ate about 15 minutes later. Yes I know that the Glycoshield was not in effect yet. I was just trying to get the cap dissolved and the ingredients into the intestines before consumption of food so that it was not slowed down in taking effect. I also knew the post workout insulin sensitivity window had not closed yet to anything I did eat was still going to be getting the nutrient partitioning from that. However I wanted to both increase and lengthen that window which is what I effectively did by doing this. Well in my opinion anyway. I have done this the last two workouts, and I do feel I wake up a little tighter in the morning.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys, good news, I got mu glucose testing set up replaced. I have been taking some baseline readings today without any GDA to see where I stand naturally right now.

11:ish AM = Morning fasting BG level of 98, I think this was probably shortly after my liver dropped some glycogen because I had just gotten a "second wind" of energy after a 20-30 minute period of sluggishness just before I went to run errands. Being that it was around 11 that would make sense but is just me thinking... I had 6 oz of sirloin for my first meal then tested myself again 3 hours later before meal 2.

3:00PM BG Level 83 - That was more in line with what I expected the first time around...

Meal 2 test = 2 servings Cream of Rice cereal 4p 0f 72c, 1 tbls organic grass fed butter 11f, 1tbls Brown Rice Syrup 16c, 1/2 cup skim milk 4p 0f 6c, 2 scoops whey isolate 52, 0, 2
total macros - 60p, 11f, 96c (Only 8 are sugar)
BG @ 1 hour = 126
- not too bad I don't think considering the butter should have slowed digestion a bit and a low amount of sugar.
BG @ 2 hours = 126, interesting, I would have assumed it would be a little lower but it was almost 100g of complex carbs...

I am going to go to the gym here shortly, and will have my usual intra and post workout shake. Then test blood sugar 1 hour after finishing that and then eat my whole food meal and try to test 60 and maybe @120 minutes too if I am still awake. Should be since I use a preworkout.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good Info !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Periworkout shake included

Pre-Intra 1.5 scoops POST 30p, 45c from Dextrose, 1 scoop Xtend Endure 25g mixed carbs, 1 scoop isolate 27p
Post Workout - added in 1.5 scoops POST 30p, 45c, 50g maltodextrine 1 scoop isolate 27p to what was left of intra drink.
Macros for periworkout period were 104g protein, 165g carbs, 0 fats...

I waited exactly one hour after chugging this post workout, and blood sugar was down to 105. That was pretty good for 1 hour!

Dinner was 93/7 ground turkey, rice, corn and gravy in a casserole - Estimations would be 8 oz turkey and 2 cups rice. IE it was a larger portion!

I passed put before getting a second reading.

Workout wise I did a good upper body workout, kept most rep ranges in the 6-12 rep range, and then tossed on some pump work too. I hit a decent amount of heavy work and volume. Today I will have the same mid day meal as yesterday but using the GlycoShield to see what it brings to the table. Then go work legs and test the blood sugar 1 hour after completing thew same peri workout nutrition.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also of note, my fasting BG was at 98 again this morning and this was right after waking up. Seems odd, I will test again in a couple hours before my carb
meal to see where we are there. If it is back down I won't sweat it much but I don't like seeing the higher end of normal reading there with the Type 2 diabetes in my family. I need to look up if that is normal pattern or something to keep an eye on.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also of note, my fasting BG was at 98 again this morning and this was right after waking up. Seems odd, I will test again in a couple hours before my carb
meal to see where we are there. If it is back down I won't sweat it much but I don't like seeing the higher end of normal reading there with the Type 2 diabetes in my family. I need to look up if that is normal pattern or something to keep an eye on.
Okay, I did a little looking around, and it is pretty typical for BG levels to be 15-20 points higher than usual after the overnight fast and before your first morning meal. They call it the Dawn Phenomenon, IE glucose being released throughout the night due to rising cortisol levels and what not.

I knew you could go hypo and cause this but didn't realize that it was a normal part of the circadian rhythms to help wake you up even if you did not go hypo. They both result in a similar outcome but happen through different mechanisms. Mine isn't high, just high end of normal there but still probably room for improvement.

Makes perfect sense when looking at my 2nd fasting reading that was 15 points lower.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay, I did a little looking around, and it is pretty typical for BG levels to be 15-20 points higher than usual after the overnight fast and before your first morning meal. They call it the Dawn Phenomenon, IE glucose being released throughout the night due to rising cortisol levels and what not.

I knew you could go hypo and cause this but didn't realize that it was a normal part of the circadian rhythms to help wake you up even if you did not go hypo. They both result in a similar outcome but happen through different mechanisms. Mine isn't high, just high end of normal there but still probably room for improvement.

Makes perfect sense when looking at my 2nd fasting reading that was 15 points lower.
Yep I see this with my own readings. I’ll wake up and be mid 80s but throughout the day with glyco and at night before bed I’m usually 60-70

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep I see this with my own readings. I’ll wake up and be mid 80s but throughout the day with glyco and at night before bed I’m usually 60-70
Yeah, and that is where I would like to see mine upon waking. I may adjust diet a bit after giving Glycoshield a good shot at correcting it a bit. Obviously my responsiveness is good though because dropping to 105 60 minutes post slamming my post workout shake is pretty awesome considering how much was in there.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay, play by play today since at a computer but I will compile all of it.

I just took 2nd fasting BG and it was 81, I took two GlycoShield right after, that was 1:15 PM. I will check BG again @2PM and then eat the same exact meal as yesterday and then check at the 1 and 2 hour marks.

Happy with the 81, curious what the GlycoShield will do to drop that in 45 minutes with no food, as well as to see the difference in what it is at the 1 and 2 hour marks. Stay tuned!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very Interesting, I think the Glycoshield may have made me go a little hypo. I noticed a little anxiousness and edginess a little bit ago but didn't pay much attention, but my BG is now 107, so I think I must have released some glucose from my liver or something. Nothing else makes sense.

Eating my meal now and will measure 1 hour after I finish.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are going to feel like a pin cushin when you are done with this run

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You are going to feel like a pin cushin when you are done with this run
No doubt... I just got a completely different reading than I expected, it was up to 156 at the 1 hour mark. I was at 126 yesterday using the same layout and foods. I will check again at the 2 hour mark then head off to the gym.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Try taking 1 capsule pre bed

The dawn phenomena I feel is in part to cortisol levels needed to help you get up in the morning making the sugars a little higher.

It could also depend on the meal from night before. Keep it up you're doing great!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Try taking 1 capsule pre bed

The dawn phenomena I feel is in part to cortisol levels needed to help you get up in the morning making the sugars a little higher.

It could also depend on the meal from night before. Keep it up you're doing great!
Will do, and yes that is what I was reading. Now that I think about it that is something I was aware of before but it just didn't click with me until reading it again. Then it was like Oh Duh... I didn't realize it has a nickname though. I also didn't realize there was a 2nd one that results in the same but is from someone actually going hypo in the middle of the night. Again same ending result, but different mechanism.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Baseline and w/ GlycoShield comparison

Here are the results of the tests from this weekend.

11:ish AM = Morning fasting BG level of 98, I think this was probably shortly after my liver dropped some glycogen because I had just gotten a "second wind" of energy after a 20-30 minute period of sluggishness just before I went to run errands. Being that it was around 11 that would make sense but is just me thinking... I had 6 oz of sirloin for my first meal then tested myself again 3 hours later before meal 2.

Breakfast - mod protein, high fat 0 carb - wait 1 hour and test BG

3:00PM BG Level 83 - That was more in line with what I expected the first time around...

Meal 2 test = 2 servings Cream of Rice cereal 4p 0f 72c, 1 tbls organic grass fed butter 11f, 1tbls Brown Rice Syrup 16c, 1/2 cup skim milk 4p 0f 6c, 2 scoops whey isolate 52, 0, 2
BG @ 1 hour = 126
- not too bad I don't think considering the butter should have slowed digestion a bit and a low amount of sugar.
BG @ 2 hours = 126, interesting, I would have assumed it would be a little lower but it was almost 100g of complex carbs...

I am going to go to the gym here shortly, and will have my usual intra and post workout shake. Then test blood sugar 1 hour after finishing that and then eat my whole food meal and try to test 60 and maybe @120 minutes too if I am still awake. Should be since I use a preworkout.

Periworkout shake included -
Pre-Intra 1.5 scoops POST 30p, 45c from Dextrose, 1 scoop Xtend Endure 25g mixed carbs, 1 scoop isolate 27p, recovery drink 35p, 60c
Post Workout - added in 1.5 scoops POST 30p, 45c, 50g maltodextrine 1 scoop isolate 27p to what was left of intra drink.
Macros for periworkout period were 139g protein, 225g carbs, 0 fats...

I waited exactly one hour after chugging this post workout, and blood sugar was down to 105. That was pretty good for 1 hour!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With GlycoShield

Overnight Fast testing = 98

Breakfast - mod protein, high fat 0 carb

Post Breakfast = 81 - I took two GlycoShield right after, that was 1:15 PM. I will check BG again @2PM and then eat the same exact meal as yesterday and then check at the 1 and 2 hour marks. Happy with the 81, curious what the GlycoShield will do to drop that in 45 minutes with no food, as well as to see the difference in what it is at the 1 and 2 hour marks.

Pre Lunch - 107 - Very Interesting, I think the Glycoshield may have made me go a little hypo. I noticed a little anxiousness and edginess a little bit ago but didn't pay much attention, but my BG is now 107, so I think I must have released some glucose from my liver or something. Nothing else makes sense.

Lunch - Ate 2 servings Cream of Rice cereal 4p 0f 72c, 1 tbls organic grass fed butter 11f, 1tbls Brown Rice Syrup 16c, 1/2 cup skim milk 4p 0f 6c, 2 scoops whey isolate 52, 0, 2

1 Hour Post Feeding - BG 156 - Completely different reading than I expected, it was up to 156 at the 1 hour mark. I was at 126 yesterday using the same layout and foods. I will check again at the 2 hour mark then head off to the gym.

2 Hours Post Feeding - 101 - Was surprised to see this after it being 156 as the 1 hour mark. Very happy here!!!

Intra and Post Drink - Pre-Intra 1.5 scoops POST 30p, 45c from Dextrose, 1 scoop Xtend Endure 25g mixed carbs, 1 scoop isolate 27p, recovery drink 35p, 60c
Macros for periworkout period were 139g protein, 225g carbs, 0 fats...

I took 2 caps Glycosheild as soon as I finished my workout then slammed my post workout drink when I got home. I checked BG at the 1 hour mark and it was 117.

Well 117 is definitely higher than it was an hour after post workout without, but to be honest even though the same amount of nutrients were consumed around training, I may have had more left in my jug last night when I added the post workout ingredients which could have increase how big of a bolus of nutrition was slammed post workout. IE... if there was 1/4 more of the intra left over then I would be slamming say 135g carbs post workout instead of 100...

I did not do a reading at the 2 hour mark, I ate 12oz 93/7 ground turkey spaghetti with 2 cups spaghetti right after doing this testing. I will say that I woke up looking pretty tight this morning.

Summary

No GDA
Overnight Fast = 98
1 hour post breakfast (Keto) - 83
1 hour post 2nd feeding with macros of 60p, 11f, 96c (Only 8 are sugar) = 126
2 hours post feeding = 126
1 hour post training and periworkout nutrition completion = 105

With 2 caps Glycoshield
Overnight Fast = 98 - took 2 caps Glycoshield
45 Minutes Post Glycoshield dosing - 107 - I must have gone hypo in between here?!?!?!
1 hour Post breakfast (Keto) - 81
1 hour post 2nd feeding with macros of 60p, 11f, 96c (Only 8 are sugar) = 156
2 hours post feeding = 101
1 hour post training and periworkout nutrition completion = 117

The 45 minutes using Glycosheild while fasted did not surprise me much that it was elevated. I went into it expecting 1 of 2 scenarios, to see my BG levels in the Hypo range, or to see them elevated from going hypo and dropping some glucose from the liver.

At the 1 hour post carb meal mark my levels were 30 points higher, but by the 2 hour mark I beat my natural blood clearing levels by 25 points...

All in all I would say this was a pretty effective test. Had enough strength to make me go hypo while fasting as well as drop the 2 hour BG levels by 25 points!!!