Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Smart thinking, Kleen!

I can already see atrophy in my right arm from coming off and no training upper body. Going to start with some unilateral work for sure, I would rather look unbalanced than flat out small all around!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Smart thinking, Kleen!

I can already see atrophy in my right arm from coming off and no training upper body. Going to start with some unilateral work for sure, I would rather look unbalanced than flat out small all around!
I don't know that small is in your future again unless you get very ill. However I get that mentality. I have been trying to push what I can and let what needs rested rest. We shall see how things turn out.

It is, thanks. An older picture when I was quite a bit leaner though. Here's a more recent photo/comparison photo:

https://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6165472
I would say you are still far from small or lanky man. You have a good amount of muscle.

Hit the gym up once this weekend, and intend to try to get in a few times this week. Had a very busy weekend, things are really picking up on the house. Missed some planned sessions because of having to move things around the house to get the flooring done. Had the day off yesterday but still didn't end up with time to train. I took off to get new tires on both cars, and to deal with some of the construction stuff. I will probably set the alarm for 4:00AM tomorrow, I forgot to turn it back on from being off yesterday.

On a personal note my son has been spoiling me a little bit. He took me out to a really nice Churrascaria and got me a BoostMax for my Ecoboost Flex, it bumps the boost up by 5-6 psi which gives me about another 100hp to the crank. So sitting around 455 at the crank right now. He also took me to a muffler shop and got me 2 magnaflow mufflers and a resonator delete so now it sounds awesome! Nice depth, no rasp, not obnoxiously loud. Just sounds good!!!! So have been lucky enough to really spend some quality time with him the last couple weeks.

I ate in a surplus throughout most of the weekend. Lots of protein, lots of carbs and what not. Just a good amount of good food. Had a burger last night from a place called The Cardiac Grill, one of the best burgers I have had in a LONG TIME!!!!! Nice double meat with bacon, jalapenos, and guac, it was sooooo goooooooood!!!!!!!! Oh and then hand cut twice fried french fries, which were awesome!!!

So back on the grind now, will clean my eating back up, but really enjoyed relaxing a bit.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tons of good meat and more horsepower sounds like a great thing to me!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tons of good meat and more horsepower sounds like a great thing to me!
No doubt, one of the better weekends I have had recently.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That all sounds like a good time. Enjoying life, that’s what you’re suppose to do!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hell yeah! That’s gonna be my next weekend; strip clubs, burgers, and Daytona 500! Meat, hp, and some fine views ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That all sounds like a good time. Enjoying life, that’s what you’re suppose to do!
No doubt, and I am no worse for the wear either. Yesterday cleaned me up pretty good.
Hell yeah! That’s gonna be my next weekend; strip clubs, burgers, and Daytona 500! Meat, hp, and some fine views ;)
That sounds like a blast too!

My son and I are supposed to go to a track day this Saturday but my daughter has some all day competition. So not exactly sure how that is going to work out. The boy and I have planned this for a year and then they scheduled her competition for the same day. Mom says I can probably still go to the track day but I still need to clear it with Trinity. Don't want any broken hearts but don't want to miss out on the track day. It is one they do annually and we have been waiting since last year for it.

I didn't get to train again last night. Had some issues with the contractor and spent the night cooking dinner, while going back and forth over some stuff he was trying to overcharge me for in my opinion. In the end I brought his price down by a little over 2000 for this window install so it was worth the time going back and forth but still very annoying. I tried to get up at 4:00AM this morning but when the alarm went off I accidentally dismissed it instead of snoozing it and woke up to my work alarm thinking it was only 10 minutes later...

I can't wait to be able to get back into my garage to lift. The gyms are so full right now it is insane in the evenings. Makes going in for a quick workout almost impossible. I probably would have crushed a quick 15-30 minute session in the garage if it were accessible, but that is pretty much impossible in a full gym. Oh well, the tile is getting closer to done and we are storing less and less in the garage so I might be able to do something in there in the next few weeks.

I ended up with a pretty big deficit yesterday. I fasted most of the day, and since I did not train I did not have my usual peri workout shake which is often the bulk of my caloric intake. I probably had about 1200 calories yesterday. Wasn't the intention but no workout and no shake really cut into that and I wasn't going to have a shake without the workout that is just too many carbs for me to have if not post workout.

Afternoon snack 2 oz almonds

Dinner - 16oz 93/7 ground turkey - w/ taco seasoning, 2 cups spanish rice, 2 oz habanero jack cheese, 1/2 cup F.N. Hot Sauce = right @ 1400 cals for the day. Will definitely be getting in a workout and some grub today.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Finally catching up in here. Sorry to have not stopped by in a while! It’s great you’re getting compliments! You’ve been working your butt off! All while being busy with work, family, injures, and now the house! Incredible!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Finally catching up in here. Sorry to have not stopped by in a while! It’s great you’re getting compliments! You’ve been working your butt off! All while being busy with work, family, injures, and now the house! Incredible!!
Hey there! Always love to see you stop by! Right now the training is taking a lower priority with the house. I keep having to deal with things with the contractor and assist where I can to save money.
Happy super belated! (Been a long month so far)
Thanks brother! Hope your month gets better.

I didn't get a chance to train tonight but I sure as hell got a workout.

Unloaded and carried 62 80lb boxes of tile and 15 50lb bags of mortar through a 10 yard obstacle course to stack in the garage. Also got a lot of slow negatives in because I had to lower that tile slow and be careful not to break it. My biceps we're feeling it on those big time by the end of it. I tried to remind myself to switch hands to keep a a bit of a balance.

I am pretty sure my lower back and glutes are going to be sore tomorrow. That is the most they have done in forever. My arms and well my whole body got a good workout but I think those two and maybe my biceps will be sore.

We will see how the foot held up to all those weighted carries. If no pain I am going to start pushing it a little more.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Planned for a year! Im sure your daughter will understand.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good news about your foot holding up!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tons of carry volume, you will feel it! Get your protein in
Oh yeah I felt that for a couple days. Not DOMS but that I had worked everything hard.
Planned for a year! Im sure your daughter will understand.
She got over it. ;)
Good news about your foot holding up!
I know, I was happy. I did feel it a bit, but not too bad. I am noticing when I am feeling it more is any time I have something that is supposed to be supportive pressing into that bone.

Hit the gym a 3 times since my last update. Last night was just a pump session, the gym at the AirBnB leaves a lot to be desired. I will probably go lift for lunch so I can hit the nicer gym in this building.

My eating the last week or so has halted my progress a bit, if not regressed a little. With 3 days with no kitchen before leaving the house left us ordering in a lot. Add to that the great weekend I had last week and I just have a touch of cleaning up to do. Not sweating it, just mentioning it so I know to do something about it now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hit up a decent little leg workout at the gym in the building for lunch.

Super Set - 1 Warm up set, then all sets to RPE8 except for final set was a 9

Seated Leg Curl 70, 90, 110, 130, 150, 170x6
Leg Extensions - 90,130,165, 190, 210, 230x9

True Strength = Full Body Press = Basically a machine for squat press
WU 25x25, 90x 25, 180x 15-20 @RPE7, 230x15-20 @ RPE8, 270 x 12 @RPE9

Leg Press - RPE7 Only - Just reps and blood until the last "test set".

Leg Press 4p x a bunch just too light, 6p x 20ish, 6p x 20ish, 10p x 10
- I felt the last set a little but again just where my shoe pushes into the sore spot and now there is no discomfort.

I also walked a mile after the workout to get food and a mile back before eating.

Not sure what tonight entails but planning to possibly go to a comedy club and watch two improv troops go head to head. So that could be fun... :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit up a decent little leg workout at the gym in the building for lunch.

Super Set - 1 Warm up set, then all sets to RPE8 except for final set was a 9

Seated Leg Curl 70, 90, 110, 130, 150, 170x6
Leg Extensions - 90,130,165, 190, 210, 230x9

True Strength = Full Body Press = Basically a machine for squat press
WU 25x25, 90x 25, 180x 15-20 @RPE7, 230x15-20 @ RPE8, 270 x 12 @RPE9

Leg Press - RPE7 Only - Just reps and blood until the last "test set".

Leg Press 4p x a bunch just too light, 6p x 20ish, 6p x 20ish, 10p x 10
- I felt the last set a little but again just where my shoe pushes into the sore spot and now there is no discomfort.

I also walked a mile after the workout to get food and a mile back before eating.

Not sure what tonight entails but planning to possibly go to a comedy club and watch two improv troops go head to head. So that could be fun... :)
Here its a cultural wasteland. I would love to go to a comedy club! Nice workout!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here its a cultural wasteland. I would love to go to a comedy club! Nice workout!
Thanks, my exhaustion ended up catching up with me and I ended up just going to a neighboring restaurant of the high rise I am staying in. Had one of the best pork chops I have had in my life! Was nestled on top of some elt in your mouth mashed potatoes and had this AMAZING sauce. It was American fare with a Mediterranean twist and that sauce just really set it off but the pork chop was amazing all by itself.

Tried a new Rye whiskey made in Colorado too and it was also very good. I may have to call the establishment and see what the actual name was.

Yesterdays food was actually pretty healthy except for whatever was hidden in those mashed potatoes!!!! I am sure butter, and or heavy whipping cream.

I think I probably still ended up in a deficit though. Post workout / Lunch was one of those Mediterranean bowl, kind of like a burrito bowl, if you will. I had it made with chicken, spicy lamb meatballs, hummus, super greens, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, rice and feta. According to the estimated nutrition on the website it should have been about a 1000-1200 calorie meal. I would guess that my dinner was in the same range.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On my next trip here in 2 weeks I plan to sty somewhere close by that comedy club and it may end up being my evening entertainment both nights. Also I am entertaining the idea of getting up on stage for an open mic night at some point. I LOVE stand up comedy and have been told many times I should try it out. So planning on going to a few open mic nights and comedian development nights and talking to some people about how to actually build a set.

It's funny on here I am pretty serious, I have never been one to be very sarcastic or anything in text because it is taken wrong too often. That and I am so damn inappropriate I can't have record of the things that run through my head or out of my mouth in person unless in the the context of an obvious joke. I work at one of the top 25 law firms in the world, and it is relatively conservative as far as law firms go. So I have always been careful of my online presence. So I have 2 very different communication styles. I write the way I was taught to write in school, but in person I am very animated, inappropriate and basically that guy who is always willing to take that joke to the next step everyone was afraid to go to for the big laugh. That, and i really have no shame when it comes to humor. Sometimes the worse the better. If it made you both cringe and laugh then that is a win win!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Curious to the Colorado whisky
SkRaw85 I just tried to look on Google but didn't see it. I know it was made in Colorado but didn't remember the name. I will end up calling them and will post it up in here. I liked it better than Bulleit Rye which was my introduction to Rye and what I have been using to compare from.
I actually like Rye whiskey better than Bourbon. I have a pretty expensive bottle of bourbon at the house I won't touch. Well expensive by my standards for a drink. It was a gift but like 125 bottle. I tried it and just way to harsh and too much bite. I like a smoother drink, bourbon hits my reflux button too.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SkRaw85 I just tried to look on Google but didn't see it. I know it was made in Colorado but didn't remember the name. I will end up calling them and will post it up in here. I liked it better than Bulleit Rye which was my introduction to Rye and what I have been using to compare from.
I actually like Rye whiskey better than Bourbon. I have a pretty expensive bottle of bourbon at the house I won't touch. Well expensive by my standards for a drink. It was a gift but like 125 bottle. I tried it and just way to harsh and too much bite. I like a smoother drink, bourbon hits my reflux button too.
Maybe someday you can come by the house and try some actually good whisky. I'm referring to Scotch, just to be clear (although, I also have a decent Irish you may like).

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A body building comedian, that's your twist... you will be famous !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe someday you can come by the house and try some actually good whisky. I'm referring to Scotch, just to be clear (although, I also have a decent Irish you may like).
I will have to do that some day. Maybe some Whiskey dead lifts when the foot is better. ;)

I do like scotch too, but I hate the day after. Scotch tries to take your soul if you have just one too many... I prefer Scotch over Bourbon as well.
A body building comedian, that's your twist... you will be famous !!
Right, some kind of gimmick there eh. I think most people think that we are too serious about ourselves or whatever. People always think I will have some kind of staunch or stoic attitude and here I am just as silly as they come. I pride myself in being a dork, and don't take myself too seriously.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will have to do that some day. Maybe some Whiskey dead lifts when the foot is better. ;)

I do like scotch too, but I hate the day after. Scotch tries to take your soul if you have just one too many... I prefer Scotch over Bourbon as well.

Right, some kind of gimmick there eh. I think most people think that we are too serious about ourselves or whatever. People always think I will have some kind of staunch or stoic attitude and here I am just as silly as they come. I pride myself in being a dork, and don't take myself too seriously.
What? You are not serious about lifting and looking like a Greek god? :)

I am:

https://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/309256-7-days-fasting.html

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, my exhaustion ended up catching up with me and I ended up just going to a neighboring restaurant of the high rise I am staying in. Had one of the best pork chops I have had in my life! Was nestled on top of some elt in your mouth mashed potatoes and had this AMAZING sauce. It was American fare with a Mediterranean twist and that sauce just really set it off but the pork chop was amazing all by itself.

Tried a new Rye whiskey made in Colorado too and it was also very good. I may have to call the establishment and see what the actual name was.

Yesterdays food was actually pretty healthy except for whatever was hidden in those mashed potatoes!!!! I am sure butter, and or heavy whipping cream.

I think I probably still ended up in a deficit though. Post workout / Lunch was one of those Mediterranean bowl, kind of like a burrito bowl, if you will. I had it made with chicken, spicy lamb meatballs, hummus, super greens, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, rice and feta. According to the estimated nutrition on the website it should have been about a 1000-1200 calorie meal. I would guess that my dinner was in the same range.
"Mediterranean bowl" Now that sound delicious!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On my next trip here in 2 weeks I plan to sty somewhere close by that comedy club and it may end up being my evening entertainment both nights. Also I am entertaining the idea of getting up on stage for an open mic night at some point. I LOVE stand up comedy and have been told many times I should try it out. So planning on going to a few open mic nights and comedian development nights and talking to some people about how to actually build a set.

It's funny on here I am pretty serious, I have never been one to be very sarcastic or anything in text because it is taken wrong too often. That and I am so damn inappropriate I can't have record of the things that run through my head or out of my mouth in person unless in the the context of an obvious joke. I work at one of the top 25 law firms in the world, and it is relatively conservative as far as law firms go. So I have always been careful of my online presence. So I have 2 very different communication styles. I write the way I was taught to write in school, but in person I am very animated, inappropriate and basically that guy who is always willing to take that joke to the next step everyone was afraid to go to for the big laugh. That, and i really have no shame when it comes to humor. Sometimes the worse the better. If it made you both cringe and laugh then that is a win win!!!!
I envy your possibilities when it comes to going out and having fun. Here its desperate. The downside when living off the grid.

But, the perks of being self employed: I'm always inappropriate. :)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I've never had that problem, but I also never really have more than 2. Getting drunk on Scotch has always seemed like a waste of Scotch to me. I also have a ridiculously smooth (IMO) Icelandic Vodka. That seems like more of a "get drunk" drink to me.

Either way, we will have to plan something out. Maybe smash a workout on a Saturday or something when my schedule opens up more.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What’s bodyweight hanging around? That was a cool leg session btw, especially the squat press machine

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What? You are not serious about lifting and looking like a Greek god? :)

I am:

https://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/309256-7-days-fasting.html
Heading that way now, always curious to see your experiments.

I envy your possibilities when it comes to going out and having fun. Here its desperate. The downside when living off the grid.

But, the perks of being self employed: I'm always inappropriate. :)
Hmmmm... some obvious give and take there. Not sure which i would opt for but probably my current situation. My wife would probably go nuts living off the grid. Not an outside person at all. So most of what is awesome to offer there would be lost on her. You know the old adage Happy wife, happy life!

I've never had that problem, but I also never really have more than 2. Getting drunk on Scotch has always seemed like a waste of Scotch to me. I also have a ridiculously smooth (IMO) Icelandic Vodka. That seems like more of a "get drunk" drink to me.

Either way, we will have to plan something out. Maybe smash a workout on a Saturday or something when my schedule opens up more.
Well, I don't normally drink Scotch but my buddy loves it. He is also 320-365 at any given point in the year. Just a MONSTER of a man. He will poor 3-4 fingers in a glass when i walk in his house and then tops me off when he tops himself off. However he has be by 110+ lbs and LOVES scotch so there have been a time or two where I ended up very drunk by not paying attention to how often he topped my drink off. When that happened it was like a hangover on steroids!!!

I prefer when having spirits to have them neat or on the rocks and to have time to sip on them and just hang out and chat. Never go into it with a goal of getting drunk. I like to get to where I feel good and maintain.

What’s bodyweight hanging around? That was a cool leg session btw, especially the squat press machine
I will have to weigh myself in the morning and see. I didn't have a scale around while out. Hell I am actually not even sure where my scale might be so it may not be in the morning. The entire house is in disarray right now with moving everything around from room to room while the floors are being done. So it might be under a pile of stuff somewhere.

Thanks on the workout, I just wanted to push myself a bit without pushing the foot.

My legs are actually sore from that workout and my medial glute on my right side, as well as my quadriceps lateralus being toasted from not really working it at all in the boot. Only the medial gets much attention with the boot because there is no true planting of the feet and I have to keep the booted foot rotated out so the stress all goes to the inside on when walking right now.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heading that way now, always curious to see your experiments.

Hmmmm... some obvious give and take there. Not sure which i would opt for but probably my current situation. My wife would probably go nuts living off the grid. Not an outside person at all. So most of what is awesome to offer there would be lost on her. You know the old adage Happy wife, happy life!

Well, I don't normally drink Scotch but my buddy loves it. He is also 320-365 at any given point in the year. Just a MONSTER of a man. He will poor 3-4 fingers in a glass when i walk in his house and then tops me off when he tops himself off. However he has be by 110+ lbs and LOVES scotch so there have been a time or two where I ended up very drunk by not paying attention to how often he topped my drink off. When that happened it was like a hangover on steroids!!!

I prefer when having spirits to have them neat or on the rocks and to have time to sip on them and just hang out and chat. Never go into it with a goal of getting drunk. I like to get to where I feel good and maintain.

I will have to weigh myself in the morning and see. I didn't have a scale around while out. Hell I am actually not even sure where my scale might be so it may not be in the morning. The entire house is in disarray right now with moving everything around from room to room while the floors are being done. So it might be under a pile of stuff somewhere.

Thanks on the workout, I just wanted to push myself a bit without pushing the foot.

My legs are actually sore from that workout and my medial glute on my right side, as well as my quadriceps lateralus being toasted from not really working it at all in the boot. Only the medial gets much attention with the boot because there is no true planting of the feet and I have to keep the booted foot rotated out so the stress all goes to the inside on when walking right now.
I feel you. I only drink neat or on ice. I've only been drunk once, and I didn't much care for it.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
I feel you. I only drink neat or on ice. I've only been drunk once, and I didn't much care for it.
drinking yourself sober at least once in life should be on everyone's bucket list, :twisted:

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
drinking yourself sober at least once in life should be on everyone's bucket list, :twisted:
No Thank you !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I used to want to get drunk, it was actually the only goal I had when it came to drinking.
SMoking oneself straight sure... drinking that much just comes with bad things. LOL
No Thank you !!
Not any more... now when i was young and hangovers were uncommon drinking was almost a sport. Just lucky enough to have not become addicted. My dad is an Alcoholic and I am hyper aware of that. Luckily I didn't get that from him. I will throw out a drink halfway through or whatever and my dad is like "WOW, I could have never done that when I drank I would have chugged it instead. No way I could have made myself throw away a drink."

Makes you realize there is definitely a difference there between someone who just drinks and an alcoholic.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
ha, I've only had it happen twice...literally drank from the evening to the next morning, while still being able to function absolutely normal for the remainder of the day...no hangover, just some dehydration...weirdest feeling...both times were before the age of 23, :rofl:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ha, I've only had it happen twice...literally drank from the evening to the next morning, while still being able to function absolutely normal for the remainder of the day...no hangover, just some dehydration...weirdest feeling...both times were before the age of 23, :rofl:
Oh I am sure I have done this.

However my greatest recreational drug use was a weekend we went camping to float the Guadalupe river and took 14 hits of acid over a 48 hour period... What an illuminating experience!!! I would like to be super responsible and tell people to never do anything like that but it was truly a pretty awesome experience that luckily nothing negative came out of at all. Of course I used to sell it and had a lot of experience using it so I knew how to avoid bad trips.

Drinking was less my thing than trying things that expanded my mind and senses, or seem to anyway.

Going to the gym for some upper body work tonight. Looking forward to giving it some hell. I think I have kind of figured out some of the things I can push more on and will more than likely put together a program that allows me to focus on them and also track progress. I know I have been getting great workouts in but as far as progress goes I need to nail a few things down so I can track them.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was a Choir Boy compared to you!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was a Choir Boy compared to you!!
You know it is funny seeing all of that you would think I was probably an unruly law breaker who probably did other nefarious activities. However that was pretty much the extent of what I did. I almost always took those things in the safety of my home in an environment I could control. I am not saying I was a responsible user, but smart enough to know i needed to be able to control my environment so those things were often done at home. We would have a group of us and NO ONE was allowed to drive once we dropped. We grabbed a few gallons of OJ, rented some trippy movies, and sometimes even set up strobes, or turned the lights of and used candles and such just to really give the acid something to make hallucinating a bit easier.

I know so many more people who got in a lot more trouble than I did just from drinking and making bad decisions. However I do consider myself quite lucky because to have gotten caught with those things I did use I would have had the book thrown at me.

I also have to say that I do not regret the experiences at all. I learned a lot about myself during some of those trippy times. I used to take 2-3 a night sitting at home watching trippy or even scary movies waiting for the x- wife to get home... sometimes I would go into major deep thought / meditation periods for like an hour letting my mind take me on whatever ride it wanted to.

Now of course things are different and I have things to lose so things like this have gone by the wayside. However I would not refer to it as a negative experience in my life at all.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Went to the gym and smashed an full body the other day. Hoping I can make it in again tonight but my contractor called and said he wants to come by when i get off work to discuss something. So much fun. So might be tomorrow before I get another lift in. Still getting 2-3 sessions in and working everything at least once. Will start working on some more forward momentum probably next week. I think most of the chaos in the house will be dying down at that point and the schedule will loosen up.

As far as my conditioning goes, I feel like I am maintaining pretty well. I am sitting at 202 right now and still have my abs in. Not quite is defined as they were sub 200 but this is the season of building the home, not the body so if I can maintain around here until I can turn things on a bit more then I will. I might try to take some pics if I get around to it this weekend but it wouldn't be a progress shot so much as a checking to see if I need to make an adjustment before things get out of hand.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Didn't get around to the pictures but really coming around a bend on the house. Hit a nice full body over the weekend. Probably going to take a 2 week breather on home repairs and make some more plans for what all I can get done on my budget. I a pretty sure we are going to have them prep the house for painting but paint the place ourselves. We got the windows delivered this weekend and some of them should be installed by the time i get home. Should really make a big difference on how the house looks and will definitely be a huge help for the utility bills!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Speaking of utilities, our gas bill was 150% more for February than the highest other month of the year, January. That polar vortex had everything running flat out to keep up with the cold here.

Insulation and efficient windows are investments indeed!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I switched from Oil to Gas, cut my heating bill in half !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s crazy the difference good windows make! Excited for you guys!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good times there^^^^
Maybe during the break. LOL However a lot of great things happening... and that is what we need to keep our eyes on right!!! :)
Nah. Sounds like work, eew. :)
Yeah it is, but we are finally getting closer to the end!!! Woohoo!!!
Speaking of utilities, our gas bill was 150% more for February than the highest other month of the year, January. That polar vortex had everything running flat out to keep up with the cold here.

Insulation and efficient windows are investments indeed!
Oh yeah it will be huge, going from single pain Original build windows over the entire front of the house. You could stand by them and feel a breeze while shut. The house was built in 64, so just peices of glass really. Then the back was 1980's double pain that really did nothing to stop the heat or cold air from coming in either. So this will be huge and Summer should not be so hard on the AC's or the bills from them. Plus these are some good looking windows.

I switched from Oil to Gas, cut my heating bill in half !!
I don't even think we get an oil option here in Houston. I think it is all natural gas.

So much fun! Last night as I am just about to walk out the door to go to the comedy club I have been planning to go while I was here I get a call from my wife. She is pissed off! Someone on the crew had gone through the cabinet under the sink and taken something she had hidden there. So instead of going out and enjoying a comedy show I had to do some major long distance ass chewing and getting someone fired...

By the time I had all that handled I missed the start of the comedy show and really wasn't in the mood to go be jovial anyway. The concierge recommended a place to eat to me when I checked in called Ranch 616, man that place was amazing. I asked the Bartender for a good recommendation of Rye Whisky and a large piece of meat large enough for a very hungry man... She recommended the ribeye and said it was served on top of 2 beef enchiladas, and that if I was hungry that was the one to get. So I went with her recommendations.

Whistle Pig Rye - I really enjoyed this, nice flavors, perfect once the ice cube had a few minutes to melt.

Shortly there after this BEAUTIFUL 1.5 INCH THICK MONSTER OF A RIBEYE COMES OUT. I am not kidding this thing should have come out to a symphony playing in the back ground. I looked at it and just thought to myself WOW that is a big and beautiful steak!!!! Then I cut into it... WTF!?!?! One of the best steaks I have had in my life and was only $40 with all the sides... This easily topped some of the steaks I have had at very high dollar steak houses. I would have to put this steak into my top 5 ever... Just a total surprise!!!! Add to that the enchiladas that were under it were amazing too. Nice chunks of real steak in them instead of ground beef. Just all around one of the better meals I have had in a while.

Had a little fun there too, there was a couple on the last night of their vacation trying to live it up at the bar and they chatted with me. Oh yeah then I thought the bar tender was flirting with me but then it became more obvious. She told me I just love how you asked me what you should eat. I was like Huh? Then she says yeah, how you said you wanted me to recommend a hunk of meat for a hunk of a man. I smiled and said well that isn't exactly what i said but I like how you said it better. Always nice when someone injects a subconscious compliment into a conversation.

I really wish I had taken a picture of this thing but t was just too much, I had to dig right into it!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah...

I worked out yesterday too... LOL

Leg Curls and Leg Extensions Superset back and forth going from slower tempos at lower weights to hit RPE goals and increasing explosiveness as weight increased. Worked all the way up both stacks...

True Squat Press Machine - 180x15 x 5 sets - this got pretty hard to complete for the last 2 sets

Did RPE8 rear delt flies with 12lbs in between each set of the TSPM

I plan on hitting a session again today and will more than likely just touch on whatever i feel like. Maybe add in some leg press and then upper body work...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And I thought, only where I live I have to watch every move a service guy does...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And I thought, only where I live I have to watch every move a service guy does...
Unfortunately no, and it was a guy I was pretty sure had stole a joint off my tray in my bedroom the other day. He stole the bong this time. I am assuming that he must have thought we would not bring it up due to the nature of what he stole, but I don't care. I called his boss post haste. He got the guy on the phone, and the guy was super eager to pay me back whatever it costed even though "He did not take anything, he promises!!!!" So his boss is giving us 40 out of whatever his check was going to be, and he no longer has a job... Just a stupid decision...
What's worse, if the dude wanted some all he had to do was ask, and at the end of the day when he was done working I would have burned one with him... I am a very nice and sociable guy until pushed to act a different way. I guess he found that out.

Worse though is now JoAnn feels violated and rightfully so, which make me feel bad that I am not there to make her feel more secure in the situation. At least I know he is not coming back to the house again. I think once the floors and windows are done I am going to change out all the locks in the house so I know only trusted people or my family has a key.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The bong? That is NOT acceptable! LOL. I mean, its bad -but also hilarious. I first thought of hidden money.
What a jerk. I would share a joint with his boss on how he handled it