KJ's Iconic Formulations Ultra Epi "SPONSORED" Log

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Ok. So I got my bottle on Monday and started it Tuesday the 7th.

Little History: Been doing 5/3/1 mostly for the past years. Switch it up every now and again and do some 8x8, 5x5 or higher reps bit mostly stick the 5/3/1 scheme. For cardio I do elliptical or on days my foot feels good, I do T25. During quarantine, I lost about 15 quick pounds but a ton of strength. Slowly been maintaining weight and building strength back up. Also just found my old weighted vest cause we are preparing for a garage sale so I plan on doing some weighted walks here and there.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also thanks @cheftepesh1 for choosing me to log this! @thebigt and @delsorob

Gonna run 5 pumps once per day for around 28 days.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
First

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 1 July 7
Woke up late so made it a quick workout before work. I work outside delivering liquid fertilizer to mostly corn fields with no AC in the truck for my summer job. Makes me appreciate being a teacher haha

Deadlift 5x5 with 135, 185, 205,225 x 3, 245x5, 275x5, 310x5
Squat - 135x5x2 sets, 165, 190, 220x5. Thats the most I have squated since I started back squating in March. Yes, been taking my sweet time with it. Squat has always been a huge weakness for me.

Thoughts on first dose of Ultra Epi
- alcohol smell that disappears pretty quick which I love
- takes a little while to rub in and dry. Says 4-5 minutes before adding clothes and I would agree with that. I put it on traps, shoulders and upper chest with my wrists
- my sweat came on quicker than normal and way more of it. I didn't push myself on DL as everything just felt heavy and I was in a hurry and didn't warm up as much as normal.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 2 July 8
Bench 135x5x5, 155x5, 18x5, 205x5, 235x5.
Military Press 95x5x5, 120x5, 140x5, 155x5
KB Row 45x8x4 sets

We are having an impromptu visit to my mom who we haven't seen since Christmas and my biddy called and asked if I could help him move today on Monday. So quick workout and we are on our way now. So no workout besides lifting heavy **** moving him.

Thoughts on Day 2 of Epi
- I didn't sweat but I was right there ready to. I was heated up. I didn't want to stop but had to. Should have woke up sooner.
- so far, same pumps as with CEL Stanoplex.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 2 July 8
Bench 135x5x5, 155x5, 18x5, 205x5, 235x5.
Military Press 95x5x5, 120x5, 140x5, 155x5
KB Row 45x8x4 sets

We are having an impromptu visit to my mom who we haven't seen since Christmas and my biddy called and asked if I could help him move today on Monday. So quick workout and we are on our way now. So no workout besides lifting heavy **** moving him.

Thoughts on Day 2 of Epi
- I didn't sweat but I was right there ready to. I was heated up. I didn't want to stop but had to. Should have woke up sooner.
- so far, same pumps as with CEL Stanoplex.
moving definately qualify's as a workout, lol.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
subbed - looking forward to feedback!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! In on this!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Indeed it does in this weather. Got all the little ****. Time to drink and get ready for heavy **** tomorrow
hopefully the ultra epi will give you a boost.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 3 July 9
Just moving stuff into a trailer. Got in a ton of steps today and sweated alot.

Hoping to get back home tomorrow and get in a workout but we might save an hours drive and go straight to the Cabin for the weekend. If that's the case, my next weighted workout will be Sunday.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 3 July 9
Just moving stuff into a trailer. Got in a ton of steps today and sweated alot.

Hoping to get back home tomorrow and get in a workout but we might save an hours drive and go straight to the Cabin for the weekend. If that's the case, my next weighted workout will be Sunday.
i'm jealous, been trying to get away for a fishing trip forever, lol.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Don’t be jealous. I’m in NY. You can leave but can’t come back! Crazy

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The weekend consisted of some light drinkinh and 6 hours of swimming with my boy on Saturday.. then this morning some more swimming and some fishing.

Day 6 July 12 Workout #3
BB Curl 5x10 inbetween planks, superman, side plank raises to get warmed up for deadlift.
KB Squat 45x20x2
Deadlift warmup of 135x5x5, 185/205/225x3 each. 255/290/330x3. I got interrupted by kids during my DL warmup and it took everything I had to finish it. 330 was not hard but felt heavy and was losing motivation.

Unfortunately but fortunately my wife reminded me of a graduation reception we needed to go to so I called it quits. Then I have an "Italian" dinner peopleare making for a friends daughter who is unable to go to Italy now due to Covid. Definitely taking a GDA before that! Gonna try to get in some cardio when I get back. Time will tell.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did some fishing this weekend, caught some perch, smallmouth, drum but no walleye. In 2 weeks my summer job is done and then I am getting my own boat out on the water to get comfortable in it. Then hopefully go do some Northern Pike fishing before the summer is out. I usually just go with the father in law.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don’t be jealous. I’m in NY. You can leave but can’t come back! Crazy
I live in northern Nebraska and so far we have 0 cases of Covid here. Not sure what I would do if I lived in a large city. Not sure if I should be scared of it or not worried about it. I don't wear a mask anywhere but will have to once school starts.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did some fishing this weekend, caught some perch, smallmouth, drum but no walleye. In 2 weeks my summer job is done and then I am getting my own boat out on the water to get comfortable in it. Then hopefully go do some Northern Pike fishing before the summer is out. I usually just go with the father in law.
[/QUOTE

here in indiana i usually go for catfish-my favorite fish to eat...i like the 2-3pounders-my uncle used to call them fiddlers.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
People are not big catfish fans around here. Don't get me wrong, I love catching them, but I prefer the taste of walleye and bass. I still eat it though!!

Catfish was my preferred fish until I met my wife. Then her family introduced me to bass and walleye.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
People are not big catfish fans around here. Don't get me wrong, I love catching them, but I prefer the taste of walleye and bass. I still eat it though!!

Catfish was my preferred fish until I met my wife. Then her family introduced me to bass and walleye.
small carfish are really easy to skin and fillet, then put in the skillet, lol. when i go on trips i cook on campfire, at home my wife flours and fries---mmmm

i'm getting hungry.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Bass is the best. Only had walleye a few times.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When would you guys prefer I apply this? Been applying mornings except for yesterday. Mornings are more convenient is all.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When would you guys prefer I apply this? Been applying mornings except for yesterday. Mornings are more convenient is all.
mornings are fine, if you shower in mornings after shower is optimal.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Down here in OK the best tasting fish IMO is crappie. Fish for them when they are spawning and you can catch 20 plus in a few hours.
It freezes really well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Down here in OK the best tasting fish IMO is crappie. Fish for them when they are spawning and you can catch 20 plus in a few hours.
It freezes really well.
my uncle johnny used to run a trout- line across the wabash river...he would skin the catfish put them in buckets of salty water and put in the fridge overnight. then he would dry them and wrap in butchers white paper and freeze...every year for family reunion we had fried catfish...those were good times!!!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It freezes really well.
We have some crappie up here but they are sneaky buggers. Hard to catch but I also need to get 4lb test.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Working like a mad man. Last day is Friday for seasonal workers. Pretty tired and no motivation to wake up in the mornings. Have got a couple LISS Elliptical sessions in the evening when I am just drained.

Got of work and had 35 minutes for lifting so I got her done.

Day 10 July 16
Weight: -3lbs. Surprised by that.
Bench 135x5x5, 155, 185 x 3, 190/220x3, 245x7. Thats a PR in 2019 and 2020. Gonna have to go look at my log book to confirm.
Barbell Shoulder Press - 45x10, 95x3x5, 115x3, 130x3, 150x3, 165x6 (2020 PR)

So 2 PR's today in 2020, probably 2019. Don't worry I will go look and report back. Very surprised by that.

As far as Ultra Epi - I get no irritation from it. Alcohol smell goes away quickly. Takes a little bit to rub in but nothing to be upset about. Strength gains are coming and pumps are solid.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So last day of my season job was Friday. Then Had to run the dog to a baord and train for a 5 hour round trip (dam dog). Got back late. I LOVE dog training and want to make it into a side job then maybe a career but what I am finding out is that if your not consistent daily, things fall apart quickly. The average person who works full time with kids probably cannot train a semi reactive dog to be a canine good citizen and bring them out to public without reactivity. I worked my butt of with this dog and have learned a lot. Lots of things I would do differently now. But live and learn. I got spoiled with my first dog for dam sure. Thought this dog would be easy!

I do have my 2020 log book but cannot find 2018 and 2019 book. Wife cleaned and doesn't know what i am talking about haha...but we sree have g da garage sale soon and I am sure it will pop up somewhere.

Day 13 July 18

Deadlift - Only thing that matters is another PR. 330x8. PR for 2020. Not by much but who cares.
Squat - 230x4 easy. Another PR but this dont count much. Like I said before, just SLOWLY building back up.

Then did a few other leg things.

Gotta do a few chores around the yard. Then going to Adventureland which is about 6 hours away. Lots of driving! Hoping to get in at least some fasted cardio in the hotel.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We have drove 75 miles, and stopped 4 times for potty breaks. Gonna take awhile. No more water for them!
lol...that's less than 20 miles on average per potty stop. o_O

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 17 July 22

Got back late last night. Back was sore so just doing shoulders today. Need another day to recover from crappy hotel beds. Forgot my foam roller. Back feels so much better after sleeping back in our bed.

Shoulders
5/3/1 .
Military Press: Final set got 175x4..maybe could have got 5. This is technically a PR off of the calculator by .3lbs..lol

Arnold Press 8 reps x 3 sets superset with DB shrugs 15 reps x 3 sets

Front Raise 20x3 superset DB Shrug Holds

Leaning Lateral Raises 4x10

KB Row 8x2sets

Upright Rows 15x3sets

Hopefully going fishing in the morning.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looks like this is having a good effect on you.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry guys, could have swore I posted my other two workouts. I will attempt to update it again....

On a side note, I can't wait to go back to an iPhone. I explored with a Galaxy S10 for fun and regret it. I uave had it 6 months and its going to crap on me. Only 18 more mo ths until its paid off lol

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 23 July 28

Ok so here was today's workout.

Deadlift - only thing that matters is 345x5 for an approximate PR of 402lbs. Still 40lbs away from all time PR but that was pre-kids and I was 20lbs heavier!
Squat 245x3 at the end which is a PR.

My other two workouts I had was a light deadlift and back session, then a chest session. I did not have a PR on bench. Just got 260x3. Also got in a couple light cardio sessons.

This last week has been tough on me. Not sure if its lethargic, kind of quit following my Intermitent fasting, vacation, school stress or what. Just really not into lifting and getting it done. But I have broke PR's in last 7/8 lifts so that's good! I don't feel anything per say though but Ultra Epi is the only thing I Have added.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This whole summer is been dragging. Most likely just a lot of things a once.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 25 July 30
All that matters is yhat I got ankther PR on bench today. 235x9 for approximste 305 bench.

Making alot of PR's!
Nice! Anytime you're hitting PRs out of the blue you know something is working!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice! Anytime you're hitting PRs out of the blue you know something is working!
Hitting new PRs is always a great feeling. It drives you to push harder.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 28 Aug 2

I have 1-2 more days left. I missed applying it 3 random days on this log.

2 more easy PR's.
Deadlift 315x10 = 420 which based off my app is an 18lb PR. I know the higher reps you go the less accurate maxes go.
Squat 225x6 =270 squat. Only a 1lb increase but it was super super easy.

Did some other leg stuff while cleaning the basement.

We had a garage sale this last week and we made over $1400. Thats nice! All that crap was just sitting around. We got some more crap to sell to and can probably earn 300 or more. Our house is still a wreck but at least we opened up some more storage space haha

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoulders today.

Military Press - 160x6. Not a PR. I might have been able to get 7. I usually always try to leave st least one in the tank.

So 10/12 past lifts have been PR. Last day is tomorrow. Will work on review.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote