Kidneys Question

Gabe95

Awards
For like the last two years, I've increased my red meat intake and I'm beginning to feel ( I say feel because it's not painful but it like there on notice) my kidneys. I've look on online and the only thing I would say is a sign of kidney trouble is, a sight mental teast in my mouth, no blood in uirn, heavy pains or anything. I did had a sharpe pain one morning after drinking some Nitro Tech and Carb Gain one morning but nothing else. My question should I go to an urgent care for this, or will coming off the red meats and drinking more water help with this issue? Note I recently changed jobs and I have insurance up until 31, I'm not sure on when the other insurance will take effect.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Urgent care? Only if you feel some severe pain I'd say. But you can definitely go in for a physical with your doctor, tell him about your worries and he will check your kidneys, etc. Drink more water in the meantime. I am not a doctor though so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Like Outofbody said, go see a physician while you still have insurance. Hopefully there is a simple answer or you can at least get some labs done to see what might be going on.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I regularly consume 4lbs of red meat weekly and I know guys that eat double that amount, no issues. How much are you eating

Gabe95

Awards
I regularly consume 4lbs of red meat weekly and I know guys that eat double that amount, no issues. How much are you eating
Normally 7oz of red meat 3times a day with a break on weekend, leans meats

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They'll check your creatinine levels and eGfR. The thing is, they aren't very accurate for anyone with a lot of muscle mass, consume a lot of protein, and have recently worked out. Plus, you'll want to make sure you are hydrated or this will throw it off.

It won't be unexpected to see an elevated creatinine and lower GfR.

Gabe95

Awards
Thanks everyone I didn't to get checked but I'm feeling better, Ill keep y'all in to loop if anything happen