Keto short term

Noncompetitive

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Before I ever started lifting I lost 100 lbs on keto. Yes I was fat 313 lbs. Anyway when I began lifting and especially when I started AAS cycling I turned back to the carbs for energy and muscle gains. So my question is this, How do you all feel about going into ketosis in-between cycles to lose some excess body fat. I understand keto pretty good from my past dealings with it. I'm talking about going into ketosis for 3 months or so. I'm on TRT and I could add something like tbol to help not lose strength. I would like to get my bf down a little before cycling again. It would include 4-5 days of moderate cardio as well. Thank you for your input and forgive me for not being as knowledgeable but it's like endless information when trying to transform your body safely.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You can loose fat just as fast on a standard diet as you do on keto, but if you wanna do keto the ok.

But keep in mind that you said doing it in between cycles and then you mentioned adding tbol, if you add that you're no longer in between cycles, you're on a cycle

Noncompetitive

Awards
  • First Up Vote
You can loose fat just as fast on a standard diet as you do on keto, but if you wanna do keto the ok.

But keep in mind that you said doing it in between cycles and then you mentioned adding tbol, if you add that you're no longer in between cycles, you're on a cycle
True. I just meant at really low dose 20/day, but you're correct there. I TRT on 250 week so that should keep most gains wouldn't you agree

Noncompetitive

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm gonna keto for about 6-8 weeks just to see how it goes. Hit the scale at 260, too much. Gonna get back down to 230. I'm decent sized but not 260 sized.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"Getting into ketosis" has zero to do with fat loss. So if dine right then sure go for it. Keep in mind ketosis had zero to do with fat loss so make sure you get the proper macros and stay in a caloric deficit.

To figure out your macros goto www.KetosisCalculator.com

Some calculators overestimate things especially fat and if fat loss is a goal then that's why I tell everybody to choose "sedentary" and then choose a deficit of 20 to 25%.

I prefer to keep protein intake of AT LEAST 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. (1.5gm preferred)

Total carbs under 30 grams and the rest is fat.

Feel free to vary fat intake daily, some days normal..some days lower. This makes for a very effective way to hit a nice deficit at the end of the week.

The fat intake is NEVER a goal to hit but a LIMIT to stay under.

If you dont hit your fat grams for the day, no problems at all; infact pat yourself on the back

Always hit your protein numbers.

Always keep keep carbs under your alloted amount, ie; 30 gms

Never worry about fat intake...just don't go over the limit.

Contrary to the what the fake keto groups tell you (they are following medical therapeutic ketosis not a ketogenic diet for fat loss and body recomposition like we do here) the fat grams does not need to be higher than the protein grams because it seems many people don't realize that 100 grams of protein is actually less than 50 grams of fat.

Some basic stuff here that is shockingly not basic for a lot of people:

50 grams of fat = 450 calories
100 grams of protein = 400 calories.
50 grams of fat IS HIGHER than 100 grams of protein.

When you see these arbitrary percentages all over the Internet, they are not talking about % of grams of protein and fat..its the calorie percentage of the whole daily intake.

That's why so many people get it so wrong and way over consume on the fat grams because they're using the wrong math.

www.KetosisCalculator.com

Noncompetitive

Awards
  • First Up Vote
"Getting into ketosis" has zero to do with fat loss. So if dine right then sure go for it. Keep in mind ketosis had zero to do with fat loss so make sure you get the proper macros and stay in a caloric deficit.

To figure out your macros goto www.KetosisCalculator.com

Some calculators overestimate things especially fat and if fat loss is a goal then that's why I tell everybody to choose "sedentary" and then choose a deficit of 20 to 25%.

I prefer to keep protein intake of AT LEAST 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. (1.5gm preferred)

Total carbs under 30 grams and the rest is fat.

Feel free to vary fat intake daily, some days normal..some days lower. This makes for a very effective way to hit a nice deficit at the end of the week.

The fat intake is NEVER a goal to hit but a LIMIT to stay under.

If you dont hit your fat grams for the day, no problems at all; infact pat yourself on the back

Always hit your protein numbers.

Always keep keep carbs under your alloted amount, ie; 30 gms

Never worry about fat intake...just don't go over the limit.

Contrary to the what the fake keto groups tell you (they are following medical therapeutic ketosis not a ketogenic diet for fat loss and body recomposition like we do here) the fat grams does not need to be higher than the protein grams because it seems many people don't realize that 100 grams of protein is actually less than 50 grams of fat.

Some basic stuff here that is shockingly not basic for a lot of people:

50 grams of fat = 450 calories
100 grams of protein = 400 calories.
50 grams of fat IS HIGHER than 100 grams of protein.

When you see these arbitrary percentages all over the Internet, they are not talking about % of grams of protein and fat..its the calorie percentage of the whole daily intake.

That's why so many people get it so wrong and way over consume on the fat grams because they're using the wrong math.

www.KetosisCalculator.com
Yep that is good information. I stay 15-20 carbs, 60 fat, 250 protein. Roughly 2000 calories. I use urine sticks to stay where I should. There's a big difference in keto to lose weight and keto to lose weight without sacrificing muscle. Thank you for your input.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep that is good information. I stay 15-20 carbs, 60 fat, 250 protein. Roughly 2000 calories. I use urine sticks to stay where I should. There's a big difference in keto to lose weight and keto to lose weight without sacrificing muscle. Thank you for your input.
Loving your macros man. Keep it up!

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
you can hate on keto and low carb all you want, but they can handle not eating a million times better than the people eating low amounts of rice and chicken. they are used to gluconeogenesis and can handle running out of carbs much easier than someone who never runs out

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
not to mention satiety. carbs make you more hungry. everyone always complains about being hungry in their deficit while eating small amounts of rice and carrots. if you eat carbs/sugar you will get more hungry later.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
not to mention satiety. carbs make you more hungry. everyone always complains about being hungry in their deficit while eating small amounts of rice and carrots. eating carbs, and especially sugar, will make you hungrier a bit later. they make the best appetizers.

Noncompetitive

Awards
  • First Up Vote
you can hate on keto and low carb all you want, but they can handle not eating a million times better than the people eating low amounts of rice and chicken. they are used to gluconeogenesis and can handle running out of carbs much easier than someone who never runs out
I like keto. I'm never starved. That's why I choose it. I just eat small and often. I've had eggs, cheese, tuna, a pork chop, a protein shake. Right on macro schedule. 😂

Noncompetitive

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I like keto. I'm never starved. That's why I choose it. I just eat small and often. I've had eggs, cheese, tuna, a pork chop, a protein shake. Right on macro schedule. 😂
As of now.
Protein-190.
Fat-45.
Carbs-11.
Got a chicken breast and spinach to go for supper. Forgot starving.

Noncompetitive

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It is ok on keto to love and caress a honey bun as long as you leave it in the wrapper, right?

Noncompetitive

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I know it's water. But 10lbs down. I have never had a 6 pack but the top 4 are faintly visible. I drop another 20 and I will have one. Sorry the fat boy is excited.